Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

MoltenTiger

Same for me, it's crazy to think that something a few of us had dreams about for our Grasshopper is going to be in our hands... potentially in 7 days...!

By the way, love your profile picture. Green was a good color choice for the BCG, I went for Slate, Onyx, Red, and Purple :)
It really is super cool to finally have a mains adapter in the works. Mad props to Max Vapor for making it a reality, and it looks to be a pretty snazzy solution indeed. Basically perfect, but I'll have to wait a bit to see. I reckon postage will take a bit longer for me, but it's got me buzzing. That and the io too. Such awesomeness to look forward to.

And cheers Avery, the BCG is such a nice grinder. Slate, Onyx, Red and Purple are all going to be simply amazing. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the colours anyway, they're all beautiful, the grinder as a whole is luxurious and rock solid. Getting a mix of colours is definitely the way to go IMO, so, good choice.

Mine has held up well, I've never even cleaned it and it's still as smooth as the day I got it - over a year on! It's impressed everyone that's looked at it, and gets immediate praise when tried.

Paired with a plugged-in GH, it's going to be top tier summit seeking.

Ok, I was in the process of completing the order but the shop is still charging me $$ for shipping. My understanding was that shipping had already been paid for in the pre-payment I made in December 2019. Pls clarify @maxvapor710 - tx.
Shipping was initially charged for via credit card. I ended up paying via PayPal and so only paid shipping once, on this final instalment.
International post adds up, so I would hold off for now, you'll probably hear back during the day in Florida. (ie. Tomorrow).

Razshiro

Order completed too, very exited to have a proper ac power for the GH... i paid 79$(total)+22.80$ for shipping to europe rofl.... @maxvapor710 :tup::tup: , the wait begin !!:drool:

Just to be sure the Power Supply for Grasshopper AC Adapter is included in this kit, right?

Last edited:

Terpenetime

@maxvapor710 It’s looking good, great work!

I definitely want the battery sled so I’ll hold off finalising my order until it’s available. In the meantime I’d appreciate receiving answers to the following queries please...

1. I’ve paid the pre-order reservation fee of $39 plus $13.30 for First Class International Shipping, hence I’m not expecting to pay any further shipping costs. Can you confirm that is correct please as it would appear that shipping is being charged again at the checkout?

2. How do I let you know that I require a UK plug on the mains power supply?

@maxvapor710

The checkout does not work for me.
I get a picture of the GH but cannot scroll up or down to complete the purchase.
Amy ideas?

If you’re viewing the page on an iPhone or iPad, try squeezing the image on screen as it should then lets you scroll. It’s still a bit clunky but you can get it to work.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Terpenetime and others,

Our shipping for international packages is a bit weird for some countries, we are working on it.

I will get the product adjusted this afternoon so it no longer charges shipping for international orders.
If you already paid shipping and there is any significant difference once your shipping label is printed, we can get it sorted out on an individual basis once your order ships.

We will be including the appropriate cable based on your shipping address. If you require a different plug from what would normally be sent for your country please just leave it in the notes.

Regarding the battery sled, pre-order customers are still able to receive it after the fact if you choose to complete your order now, but additional shipping charges may apply for international customers.

Thanks,
Max

lazylathe

Almost there...
Quick question...
Do we need the battery sled?
I want to use the wall wart 100% of the time, no batteries.

If I check out now, will I be good to go?

@Terpenetime You seem to have a hang of what is going on!
Please educate me! LOL! I pre-ordered.

lazylathe,

MoltenTiger

Quick question...

The 18650 battery sled is a bit up in the air at this point. I'm not sure how many cells it will adapt to. It might possibly be just for one cell that allows for the XT30 connection directly to the dummy battery.

I'm more interested in having the power converter too, it will be fairly simple to interface a battery to XT30 if need be, but for portable usage I'm hoping USB-C PD can supply enough amps at 12V for the converter via a powerbank.

Processing the order now will get you everything you need for wall usage, and the battery sled will become available next month sometime.

Terpenetime

Quick question...

If you want to plug the adapter kit in to a wall socket and don’t need your hopper to be portable then you do not need the battery sled and can checkout now.

If you do want it to be portable you can still checkout now and have the battery sled at a later date when it becomes available but you will have to pay the additional shipping costs.

Personally I’m thinking a long way into the future and presuming that my hopper will be reliable enough to last that long. I don’t want to have to rely on Hopper Labs still being around and manufacturing their own proprietary batteries. However I still want to maintain the hopper’s portability, so I definitely want the battery sled. In fact, if it works well I can see myself possibly using the sled more often than the mains, even when I’m at home.

I live in the UK so shipping costs are high and it therefore makes more sense for me to wait.

Last edited:

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Hammahead it should be fixed now, if it is still charging shipping please let me know which options you are selecting.

@lazylathe if you only care about using wall power, you do not need the battery sled. It is for users that want to use their own 18650 batteries.

@Terpenetime all pre-order customers are entitled to receive the battery sled when it is available at no charge for the item, just the additional shipping would apply.

Sorry guys for any delayed customer service response if any of you are waiting on replies we will try to get back to everyone before Monday.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Baron23

@Hammahead it should be fixed now, if it is still charging shipping please let me know which options you are selecting.

@lazylathe if you only care about using wall power, you do not need the battery sled. It is for users that want to use their own 18650 batteries.

@Terpenetime all pre-order customers are entitled to receive the battery sled when it is available at no charge for the item, just the additional shipping would apply.

Sorry guys for any delayed customer service response if any of you are waiting on replies we will try to get back to everyone before Monday.

Thanks,
MaxVapor
I’ll just wait and get complete kit. I’m not in a hurry though this is a great product offering IMO.

lazylathe

Almost there...

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Thanks for the info!
Cannot wait for this adapter to be battery free!!!?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Just for clarity, even if we are in the US, we will need to pay shipping again for the battery sled if we opt to for complete the order for the PA to ship now?

I also figured I would just wait, but I'm not sure how much I would use the sled anyway, so may as well get it sooner? though I also am in no rush to receive it necessarily...

btw you are doing a great job on the CS front!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Just for clarity, even if we are in the US, we will need to pay shipping again for the battery sled if we opt to for complete the order for the PA to ship now?

I also figured I would just wait, but I'm not sure how much I would use the sled anyway, so may as well get it sooner? though I also am in no rush to receive it necessarily...

btw you are doing a great job on the CS front!

Correct!
Order now and you will get the AC power kit only, you pay for this item to be shipped to you.
If you complete check-out now, this is what you will receive.

If you opt to wait, you will get BOTH the AC adapter and the battery, you pay for both items to be shipped to you.

If you order now, you can buy the battery sled but will need to pay shipping as it is a separate purchase.

I bought this kit specifically to never have to worry about batteries again and have no need for the battery sled.
I opted to check-out and just go full AC kit.

Matty

I'm not even sure if my current Grasshopper is functioning well since I haven't had batteries forever...

Does this kit work with the io also if I decide to take the plunge?

Top Bottom