Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

buckhakeesah

Hey guys, what was the pre-order coupon code for this? I'm trying to finish up my order. TIA!

Nevermind..I figured it out.

Last edited:
buckhakeesah,

Terpenetime

@maxvapor710 When I pre-ordered I was charged $13.30 for ‘First Class Package international’ shipping but now I’m attempting to complete my order I’m being asked for a further $22.80 for shipping.

Is this an error?

My order number is 228387.

Terpenetime,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Terpenetime the total shipping weight was not known when the initial order was completed so the most recent total is most likely the correct one. The AC adapter wall plug portion is pretty heavy and accounts for most of the cost.

Just send an email to customer support and they will be happy to issue you a refund for the difference or otherwise correct the issue.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Terpenetime

@maxvapor710 thanks for the speedy reply :tup:

I backtracked and added a note about the postage costs with my order. Will that suffice or should I also email customer support?

Terpenetime,

MoltenTiger

20200512-072003.jpg

Nice email update from @maxvapor710 just landed with the release of the battery sled. Pretty neat kit!

Out of 4 back-ends I'm pretty sure I can use the current threaded ring. But I definitely want a slotted version.

One question I have is the wattage of the included PSU. I'm not sure if I'd opt for it if it's not io compatible. Mixed with the plug option missing an AU/NZ standard, I'm sure my parcel could be slimmed down for transit.

On that note, please don't use USPS. I have been waiting near 2 months for a tracking update on my io, and I saw the owner of 7th Floor is also having trouble with them and cited huge piles of neglected boxes overwhelming their networks. Postage is a nightmare atm, I'll have to suss what service I selected months back as I might like to pay to upgrade to something with a bit more confidence of actually getting here.

One thing I find a bit odd with the site is there is no obvious login and I can't see my order referenced anywhere to know what I've already selected and paid for.

Really looking forward to unlimited power! :haw:

Anyone experiencing red lights blinking and not going to blue? Can confirm my hopper works with a battery inside.
Doesn't sound good. Is there a pattern to the blinking lights?

My most recently dead hopper is doing a slow blinking symptom with a battery, and I haven't been able to revive it.

How is the power adapter interfacing with the body/back-end of the hopper? Any grit or dirt on the threads or battery contacts?

ddukes88

20200512-072003.jpg

Nice email update from @maxvapor710 just landed with the release of the battery sled. Pretty neat kit!

Out of 4 back-ends I'm pretty sure I can use the current threaded ring. But I definitely want a slotted version.

One question I have is the wattage of the included PSU. I'm not sure if I'd opt for it if it's not io compatible. Mixed with the plug option missing an AU/NZ standard, I'm sure my parcel could be slimmed down for transit.

On that note, please don't use USPS. I have been waiting near 2 months for a tracking update on my io, and I saw the owner of 7th Floor is also having trouble with them and cited huge piles of neglected boxes overwhelming their networks. Postage is a nightmare atm, I'll have to suss what service I selected months back as I might like to pay to upgrade to something with a bit more confidence of actually getting here.

One thing I find a bit odd with the site is there is no obvious login and I can't see my order referenced anywhere to know what I've already selected and paid for.

My most recently dead hopper is doing a slow blinking symptom with a battery, and I haven't been able to revive it.

How is the power adapter interfacing with the body/back-end of the hopper? Any grit or dirt on the threads or battery contacts?
20200512-072003.jpg

There is a s steady red blink. Not like the regular faster clicking. Cleaned the contacts. Hopper is alive and well. Was able to just take a hit off it with my crappy battery.

MoltenTiger

There is a steady red blink. Not like the regular faster clicking. Cleaned the contacts. Hopper is alive and well. Was able to just take a hit off it with my crappy battery.
Sounds similar to what I was seeing. Different to flat batteries, and faster pulses than charging indication.

It could be a power delivery issue, or really anything. I've asked HL about what it might mean but of course haven't heard anything.

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@ddukes88 most likely something just not making connection properly, cant say I have had anyone with that issue so far. If you think there is a hardware issue send us an email and we will get you a replacement out no worries.

@MoltenTiger the slotted ring has proven to be troublesome on the prototype we had cut so far so I am not sure it is going to work out. Milling slots through threaded areas is never a good idea from what I have been told.

The current included PSU is 12V/6A. From our testing so far you will need a 10A PSU to successfully power the Hopper IO. If you want to arrange alternate shipping options just send us an email and we can work out the difference of not sending a PSU. Our shopping cart is only setup for USPS during order time.

Thanks,
MaxVapor

Last edited:

dmonster

Can you explain the battery sled? What is this and why would I need more than 1. I have 4 Grasshoppers, would 4 sleds be beneficial? How? Why? I'm a bit confused what they do.
Also, if its beneficial to have one battery sled for each hopper is there a way to get them less that $29 each?
Last, when I finalize my order is it safe for me to assume this comes with a wall adapter as indicated in the preorder? I don't see any reference to it except in my preorder.

Thank you for your time and help

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Can you explain the battery sled? What is this and why would I need more than 1. I have 4 Grasshoppers, would 4 sleds be beneficial? How? Why? I'm a bit confused what they do.
Also, if its beneficial to have one battery sled for each hopper is there a way to get them less that $29 each?
Last, when I finalize my order is it safe for me to assume this comes with a wall adapter as indicated in the preorder? I don't see any reference to it except in my preorder.

Thank you for your time and help

Yes it comes with the wall adapter, the battery sled is to use a 18650 battery instead of the wall adapter. It sounds like you might not need one let alone more than one, they were optional.

dmonster

Yes it comes with the wall adapter, the battery sled is to use a 18650 battery instead of the wall adapter. It sounds like you might not need one let alone more than one, they were optional.
Thank you for your reply. It's the 18650 battery! Right! For whatever reason I was thinking it was for the regular Grasshopper battery and I'm trying to figure out...."why"? Reality is I just wasn't thinking.

So I'm understanding that the kinks are being worked out of the power adapter. Once they are is there going to be one version of the power adapter that works with both hoppers or will there be separate units for legacy hoppers and io hoppers?

BeardedFeline,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Namekian that should work based on the specs.

@BeardedFeline once we have the new threaded adapter, the kit will work with the IO, you just need to use a higher power ac adapter. If users want to use their unit with the IO we will recommend a few power supplies that you can purchase online for around $20 as a user posted above, but as for now we will not be directly offering them.

Thank you for the reply!
When do you think the power adapter will be in stock again Or was this a limited run?
By the time I found out about it the preorders were closed. :doh:

Baron23

@MoltenTiger the slotted ring has proven to be troublesome on the prototype we had cut so far so I am not sure it is going to work out. Milling slots through threaded areas is never a good idea from what I have been told.

So Max, where are we with new mechanical adapters? Here you seem to express that it ain't going to work while here:

@BeardedFeline once we have the new threaded adapter, the kit will work with the IO

you seem to indicate that there is a new adapter coming down the road.

I'm still sitting here with a kit that is useless to me. I can either wait for a "this will def work" adapter or I am willing to send you back my entire kit with my back end and perhaps you can find an adapter that will work for me out of your current stock.

Please advise as you seem to be fulfilling the last of the pre-orders and will then open up for new orders for what remaining stock you have.

I would like to not be stuck with an non-functional kit and you out of stock.

Cheers and let me know what directions you have for I and others with thread issues.

Thanks

Baron23,

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Baron23 I am not sure if you received our email update on Monday, but if not all of the project updates are included there including the current status on the threaded adapter.

My comment on the forum only suggests we are not having good luck with the slotted adapter that you guys proposed, the normal revised part is currently in production and as the email stated we have no firm ETA but you will have the first one in hand.

No one will be left with a non-functional part. If you have already emailed us letting us know you have a threading issue that is all you need to do for now and we will get them out to you when they arrive.

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
Thanks for the continual updates!

As part of the original preorders I was patiently waiting for the battery sled, so after I got the Monday email I finalized my order.

Honestly it couldn’t have been any easier.

Sure, there were some unexpected delays, but that’s par-for-the-course with small-scale rapid-production engineering projects.

With all the uncertainty in the world right now, frankly I’m impressed this happened so quickly. I’m still waiting on some parts I ordered many months ago from a much larger company.

Fingers crossed that the adapter fits on both of my hoppers. If not, I have complete confidence in MaxVapor to get it right, they’ve gotten us this far!

Baron23

@Baron23 I am not sure if you received our email update on Monday, but if not all of the project updates are included there including the current status on the threaded adapter.

Well dang...just found it in my Google spam box via the web interface....never made it to my email client....sorry, I just didn't see that you are still a few weeks out.

All good, I will remain patient.

Be safe and thanks to you and your employees for staying at it during these difficult times.

Oh, and the offer still stands to send the kit and my back end (or the whole unit if that is necessary) to you for fit check. I know we discussed this before and you felt you already had enough examples in hand of the BE mechanical fit issue.

Cheers

Top Bottom