Grasshopper AC Adapter Kit (and 18650)

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@ddukes88 some were dropped off earlier today the rest will go out tomorrow.

I have read that some locations are not doing receipt scanning of packages to protect postal workers, I have had more than a few personal incoming packages show odd tracking behavior in the last week or so.

gofoxxx

@gofoxxx the issue as far as we can tell is not limited to any specific material or serial number range, so it is really a toss up of whether you get unlucky or not.

The issue is that shipping to some of you guys is like $30, most of you wouldn't be happy if I sent you a part that has a chance of not working for you and then asked you to pay the shipping for the replacement as well.

I see.. I have two hopers so hopefully one should work at least ... You have a fix in the making ? Could you give a time estimate ?

gofoxxx,
Reactions: JCat

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My new dummy battery assembly arrived today (new Ti hopper came Tuesday) and it looks like I am in business! Definitely recommend using some tape over the clip, with that it was much smoother to glide over the cable as I screwed it on, which also went smoother. The only thing is, there's a little catch at the very end when I screw this on directly to the grasshopper, and it seems like that catch is in the grasshopper body itself, because as you see below there is a slight gap and it is a little uneven, not quite straight flush...

IMG-20200423-153318213.jpg

I guess it is working fine despite this since it powered up, going to try it out with herbs now, because with the GHB2 battery at least I was not getting the same kind of performance I could get from my SS hopper at level 5... But the back end has remained very cool for a change!

I'll report back after I run some bowls through it

Edit: yeah I'm going to keep testing, but with the PA or a fully charged battery, this new Hopper just can't really extract fully on any temp, a total contrast to my old ones, I guess this is one of those other warranty issues people have been mentioning, aye @abracadaver? Just my luck lol Maybe I should try the SS body with this Ti back end/assembly... Though I wonder if it's the back end controlling everything, that SS back end is still fused to that other assembly not fully screwed in, for those keeping score at home lol

Last edited:

Baron23

Edit: yeah I'm going to keep testing, but with the PA or a fully charged battery, this new Hopper just can't really extract fully on any temp, a total contrast to my old ones, I guess this is one of those other warranty issues people have been mentioning, aye @abracadaver? Just my luck lol Maybe I should try the SS body with this Ti back end/assembly... Though I wonder if it's the back end controlling everything, that SS back end is still fused to that other assembly not fully screwed in, for those keeping score at home lol

Wait....this is a brand new OG GH bought from Hopper Labs and it runs COLD!!

FFS....so, what about all of the new parts, new assembly procedures, new test procedures....all of which should ensure us of working GH and IO's?

This has been my major disagreement with Hopper...I now, after mutliple RMA's, have one GH that works well and once that runs so cool I won't waste weed in it and my dissatisfaction is that they still seem to be shipping out crappy product.

How the frak can you build and ship a vape that just doesnt' get hot?

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

Just finished setting up the Pick N Place machine for the battery sleds, hoping to get those assembled and tested over the weekend and have them available early next week for anyone waiting.

I still don't have any news on the updated threading other than they are still working on it, but I will keep you guys posted.

Also, we are very close to being done with assembly for everyone who completed their pre-order I think we have about 30-40 left to assemble, so if you haven't yet received a tracking number you should be getting one over the next week or so.

Thanks,
Max

Shit Snacks

Wait....this is a brand new OG GH bought from Hopper Labs and it runs COLD!!

FFS....so, what about all of the new parts, new assembly procedures, new test procedures....all of which should ensure us of working GH and IO's?

This has been my major disagreement with Hopper...I now, after mutliple RMA's, have one GH that works well and once that runs so cool I won't waste weed in it and my dissatisfaction is that they still seem to be shipping out crappy product.

How the frak can you build and ship a vape that just doesnt' get hot?

I suppose it's a bit off topic here, but to be clear I did not purchase directly from Hopper labs as I said I got it from vgoodiez. So you don't need to make the presumptions, but I feel your pain!

Edit:
The SS body seems to work! Perhaps running even hotter than before, but it has been a while (last time I tried was eh though the GHB1s were sitting unused for a year or so) but compared to the Ti the difference in the AVB is clear despite the low quality photo below... It even seems to heat up a little quicker, from red to blue lights.

IMG-20200423-224221437.jpg

IMG-20200423-224235739.jpg

The SS body sure does get hotter too, nice to have the this heat treated Ti PFE and yeah this new Ti back end that stays super cool at least... Glad that it is the body's I suppose that hold everything including tech? SS body also screws on smoother to the assembly and sits more flush with no gap.

One thing I did notice, when I first turned on my SS, I think the heater timed out. Normally would turn off the hopper then turn it back on again, but clicking it again while it was plugged in to the PA started it to heat up... I didn't know the switch was manual like that, but with constant steady power from the PA I guess that makes sense? I had to unplug it and click it again so I could get it back to normal, but I'm not sure if I had to do that?

Last edited:

gofoxxx

Hi Everyone,

Just finished setting up the Pick N Place machine for the battery sleds, hoping to get those assembled and tested over the weekend and have them available early next week for anyone waiting.

I still don't have any news on the updated threading other than they are still working on it, but I will keep you guys posted.

Also, we are very close to being done with assembly for everyone who completed their pre-order I think we have about 30-40 left to assemble, so if you haven't yet received a tracking number you should be getting one over the next week or so.

Thanks,
Max

So I understand you received the battery sleds ? Since you have not shipped the international orders yet is it possible to add the battery sled to the order ? I already paid in full the pre-order but obviously without the sled.

Baron23

to be clear I did not purchase directly from Hopper labs as I said I got it from vgoodiez. So you don't need to make the presumptions, but I feel your pain!

Ah, so we really don't know the vintage or parts configuration in them...that is, they are no very recent Hopper Lab builds.

And, this is NOT taking a shot at Vgoodez....I like Scott a lot and IMO he's a straight shooter.

But I am glad to know that this is not a unit that just left Hopper's final testing! haha

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for the update, Max. I'm patiently waiting and utterly willing to test the new threaded, slotted hardware insofar as I'm dead in the water right now.

I'm sure we will get this straight and in the mean time.....I'm home...I'm home....I'm STILL IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!! hahaha I guess what I mean to say is no rush, I'm going anywhere soon! hahaha

Cheers

Shit Snacks

Ah, so we really don't know the vintage or parts configuration in them...that is, they are no very recent Hopper Lab builds.

And, this is NOT taking a shot at Vgoodez....I like Scott a lot and IMO he's a straight shooter.

But I am glad to know that this is not a unit that just left Hopper's final testing! haha

Yup, Scott at vgoodiez is a hero, thanks to him I am able to use my PA! Old SS and new Ti both working well with the new Ti back end and heat treated Ti PFE (thank YOU @anasrzi!) connected to this new dummy battery assembly (still with SLS powder black box btw) I wish I had a set up like this for all my battery-powered portables!

ChooChooCharlie

@Shit Snacks - I had similar issues screwing onto several heater bodies, last turns not smooth, and slightly out of alignment like your picture. This happened with ones he just sent me. I let him know. Works well though, so may just be cosmetic. Perhaps the newer units address both ends of the threading issues. (have a feeling that HL had variations over the years?)

Your description of early timeout, and strange clicking/light behavior...had similar behavior with one last year that went into my hopper morgue due to frustration. Tried Max assembly, and it works better, but still erratic, so I retired it from my rotation again. I don't trust that heater body, hope you have better luck

Sucks about your hopper problems. I have several now, and can loan you a Goldilocks SS Max Frankinhopper. Not too cold, not too hot. Fire bad. Pardon the mixing of metaphors

You could compare heater bodies, by swapping the same Max assembly. I'll PM you my email address if you want to directly send me your mailing address. Max was generous with me -- I can PIF this loan until you get yours sorted

Bored, so had to post a picture

cupholder.jpg

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - I had similar issues screwing onto several heater bodies, last turns not smooth, and slightly out of alignment like your picture. This happened with ones he just sent me. I let him know. Works well though, so may just be cosmetic. Perhaps the newer units address both ends of the threading issues. (have a feeling that HL had variations over the years?)

Your description of early timeout, and strange clicking/light behavior...had similar behavior with one last year that went into my hopper morgue due to frustration. Tried Max assembly, and it works better, but still erratic, so I retired it from my rotation again. I don't trust that heater body, hope you have better luck

Sucks about your hopper problems. I have several now, and can loan you a Goldilocks SS Max Frankinhopper. Not too cold, not too hot. Fire bad. Pardon the mixing of metaphors

You could compare heater bodies, by swapping the same Max assembly. I'll PM you my email address if you want to directly send me your mailing address. Max was generous with me -- I can PIF this loan until you get yours sorted

Bored, so had to post a picture

cupholder.jpg

Thanks! Very generous!

Apologies if I wasn't clear, it seems to be working fine through several bowls now, SS working as I'd expect and Ti is okay but yeah can't extract as well...

Regarding the lights, are you saying if you click yours on and don't inhale, when it auto shuts off, if you click it on again does it then begin to heat up again? Or do you have to click it twice the way you would when you are using it with a battery?

I haven't wanted to try testing it again myself, there is a chance I am mistaken and was stoned and confused, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened... Everything has been working well, with Ti back end and SS body, so hesitant to mess with what's working lol

And yeah I think the problem is a lot of variation with the grasshoppers, I'm pretty sure it's the body itself that isn't screwing on even because it also was noticeable without the adapter assembly. Likewise with my SS back end, it seemed a little iffy before I tried to screw it on and fused it to my first assembly... The dial on each back end turns differently as well, I am luckier than most that I have working parts at all!

I had some great hits on low temps in the SS body through the j hook now with the PFE, not even loading that much. Heat up is quick too, the PA it's doing what it's supposed to, like using fresh charge battery every time. Now the only variance is the Hoppers themselves!

ChooChooCharlie

@Shit Snacks - Good to hear you're hoppin! My strange unit (with battery or a Max plug) will timeout within 5 seconds of a draw, but not always, very frustrating. Tried an older battery unit, and damned if it wouldn't timeout at all, had to click it off. Part of the joys of Hopperland. IIRC the "click once or twice" after timeout was a HopperLabs design change, newer units only require one click

Baron23

And yeah I think the problem is a lot of variation with the grasshoppers, I'm pretty sure it's the body itself that isn't screwing on even because it also was noticeable without the adapter assembly.

Well, I can't say where the fault/tolerance error is occurring. I will say that both BE's very easily and very fully screw on all three bodies I have...so????

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks - Good to hear you're hoppin! My strange unit (with battery or a Max plug) will timeout within 5 seconds of a draw, but not always, very frustrating. Tried an older battery unit, and damned if it wouldn't timeout at all, had to click it off. Part of the joys of Hopperland. IIRC the "click once or twice" after timeout was a HopperLabs design change, newer units only require one click

Oh I had no idea they changed that aspect, makes sense then because this was a new Ti back end with an old SS body, actually pretty interesting to see what parts of the tech are controlled by which part of the hopper... Yeah I am pretty lucky that I have a working set up thanks to only two hoppers!

Well, I can't say where the fault/tolerance error is occurring. I will say that both BE's very easily and very fully screw on all three bodies I have...so????

Ah that differs from my experience then, both of the back ends fully screw on their respective bodies, but each of them have a bit of a catch that make the end a little more involved... The Ti seems that catches more in the body than the back end, while SS is the reverse. Seems to be no pattern at all, my how fun!

ChooChooCharlie

Found gray titanium in closet. Red then dead victim of old. Wanted to try a Max adapter in it. No luck, still red then dead

But, a funny thing happened on the way to this forum:

Max's adapter threads on its body better than the stock gray backend. Can feel that out of alignment ridge on the stock gray. So there's another goofy data point. Go figure

Shit Snacks

FrankenHopper working well plugged into the PA most of the day/night, used in a variety of ways. There is a slight vibration tingle that charges throughout, something I sometimes notice with my computer's when they're plugged in too...

IMG-20200425-210106942.jpg

I can even feel it on the bottom plate of the tinymight when they're touching lol Anyway thanks to the PA I have a hopper comfortably join the home heavy portable rotation:

IMG-20200425-211721731.jpg

The TetraP80 and TinyMight hold up the hopper perfectly so it doesn't get pulled off the table :lol:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, regularly looking at this thread... looks like our internationals orders are still on the hold, no problem since I prefer a fully working adapter than have to deal with issues. It looks like you enjoy it @Shit Snacks but why is it not working well with your Ti? you mentionned subpar extraction...?

Luckily I bought a Stainless Steel GH which is on my way (second hand), no Io for me, 3 seconds to wait is not so much I can live with!

Shit Snacks

Hi, regularly looking at this thread... looks like our internationals orders are still on the hold, no problem since I prefer a fully working adapter than have to deal with issues. It looks like you enjoy it @Shit Snacks but why is it not working well with your Ti? you mentionned subpar extraction...?

Luckily I bought a Stainless Steel GH which is on my way (second hand), no Io for me, 3 seconds to wait is not so much I can live with!

Apologies for the confusion, but that is entirely because of the hopper, not the PA. If you read my posts more closely I think I lay it all out, SS back end has trouble and the Ti body just runs cool for some reason. Hence FrankenHopper

maxvapor710

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
First sled out of the oven, might need to make a few changes to make them easier to assemble but I should have 100 or so together by the end of the week.

I am testing it here with a button top LG 18650 battery because I accidentally grabbed the wrong battery holder when I was assembling it, but seems to work fine regardless.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
First sled out of the oven, might need to make a few changes to make them easier to assemble but I should have 100 or so together by the end of the week.

I am testing it here with a button top LG 18650 battery because I accidentally grabbed the wrong battery holder when I was assembling it, but seems to work fine regardless.

I definitely want to add this to my order as well when they are ready (before the International orders ship out)

Baron23

Hi Max - any word on slotted adapter w revised threads?

vapeverythingnyc

Sweet, I’d definitely like to be included in the first batch if at all possible. Thanks!

Top Bottom