• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Gn0me - lighter based vaporizers

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That would be awesome Gammy!

I spend over an hour earlier this week looking for a vid like that, I thought there would be one already seeing how popular it is.

I'm trying to advise a friend which vape to get after she stopped smoking for a few weeks now and ended up showing here Fred's vid with his enormous flame-thrower and a 300$ waterpipe. I tell you that scares a noob away quickly :lol:

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, that might help a bit, but I'm not sure if it'd be enough in this particular case. She's probably better of with something user friendly like a Solo anyway, I'm not sure if I trust her with even the smallest torch after her response to your vid :uhoh:

I am thankful I could at least find a video that showed how it works though, it's really hard to explain some of this stuff to people who never used anything like this before I noticed :tup:

OhTheAgony,
Still lovin my gnomes! :)

the wpa+cone is really great for quick one hitters, a pinch of a bud, 25 seconds heat up time and i get one hit of really thick, fantastic tasting vapor.

at first it was a bit difficult to get the temp right with the torch, the hits were either too thin or too hot/harsh - then i started to watch the clock when heating the cone and all problems were solved: just had to find the sweet spot :D

i'm really wondering what i would need the cloud for - if i want extra thick clean vapor i take the gnome, for thick vapor i got the vhw and with the still thick but long stretched out sessions the herbo is my daily vape...

yet - i still wonder what the cloud hits like lol damn you FC :p

SoulCaptivesAreFree,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Still lovin my gnomes! :)

the wpa+cone is really great for quick one hitters, a pinch of a bud, 25 seconds heat up time and i get one hit of really thick, fantastic tasting vapor.

at first it was a bit difficult to get the temp right with the torch, the hits were either too thin or too hot/harsh - then i started to watch the clock when heating the cone and all problems were solved: just had to find the sweet spot :D

i'm really wondering what i would need the cloud for - if i want extra thick clean vapor i take the gnome, for thick vapor i got the vhw and with the still thick but long stretched out sessions the herbo is my daily vape...

yet - i still wonder what the cloud hits like lol damn you FC :p
I think of my Cloud as an electric gn0me. You know how you had to figure out your "sweet spot" for heating your gn0me? Well imagine if you had a gn0me that was always pre-heated to your preferred sweet spot so you could just walk up and hit it without having to grab your torch..... Now also imagine that this same "electronic gn0me" did not ever cool down during a hit - no matter how hard or long you hit it for. :rockon:

:peace:

I think of my Cloud as an electric gn0me. You know how you had to figure out your "sweet spot" for heating your gn0me? Well imagine if you had a gn0me that was always pre-heated to your preferred sweet spot so you could just walk up and hit it without having to grab your torch..... Now also imagine that this same "electronic gn0me" did not ever cool down during a hit - no matter how hard or long you hit it for. :rockon:

:peace:

hehe ok - that does sound like something i could find a place for :D

fortunately i still have time to really think about whether or not to get the cloud... i'm in europe and around here it won't available until 2013...

until then i can wonder which portable to get, lots of interesting new options... and while my iolite and i had some really good times together i definately can see our ways parting in the near future ;)

oh yeah and just to not be off topic i think i'll load another wpa :D

hmm that destroyer really is some fine herb, intense lemon-thai smell with rotten background.

so here's to your health

*vapes*

SoulCaptivesAreFree,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I had a very pleasant email correspondence with Calen last Saturday and ended up ordering a Slider Gnome and a custom mouthpiece for my bubbler. I was very surprised to find an invoice with the message that he had already finished my order today! I thought it'd take a week or two :lol:

I'll come show 'm off as soon as they make it across the pond.

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
:) no prob

I kinda screwed up the intake part though, you can't really see me do the hit..

It's not easy being actor and director!

I did another vid with the Cone + WPA, I just have to edit some parts before I post it.

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Thanks Gammy nice vid!! so are all the new gn0mes with the spiral design? I noticed all the pics on his website they have an octopus on them but I like both designs they look awesome!

Goodlife101,

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
Thanks Gammy nice vid!! so are all the new gn0mes with the spiral design? I noticed all the pics on his website they have an octopus on them but I like both designs they look awesome!

I think his main design is the spiral, yes. However nice they look in pictures, just know that they are 10 times as beautiful up close ;)

were you rolling the bud up to the heated area?

Actually that was a mistake due to making the video. Always tilt the gn0me upwards so that your herb doesn't touch the heated area, or you might combust.

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
I can not wait to see for myself Gammy!

Okay gn0mers a couple more quick questions for you or maybe i will shoot calen another email. Is it okay to use the gn0mes in cold places? like in the winter outside will the cold air be a problem??

Goodlife101,

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
I can not wait to see for myself Gammy!

Okay gn0mers a couple more quick questions for you or maybe i will shoot calen another email. Is it okay to use the gn0mes in cold places? like in the winter outside will the cold air be a problem??

Good question, and indeed better answered by Calen or other glassblowers...

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
My Gn0mes are out for delivery today and I could not be more excited! Will definitely be posting some pics and vids in like 5 hours when it officially arrives! Thanks to everyone and FC that I could even find a diamond in the ruff like this and special thanks to Gammy and everyone who has posted vids of their gn0mes that helped me out with my decisions a lot!

Nycdeisel

The goodlife ;)

Im sure you will love it. Once you get the hang of how much to heat it for optimal hits, youll be hooked ;)

Nycdeisel,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
okay so i got my gn0mes and i havent really had a chance to test them out yet but i looked them over and i was wondering has anyone tried throwing glass screens (the ones that look like jax) and then put finer grind in their gn0mes? food for thought might try it out later and will post some pics

Goodlife101,

Nycdeisel

I experimented with grinding, but didnt try a glass screen. It seems to work best with small pieces broken up my hand

Nycdeisel,
Reactions: Stu

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
I use a small metal screen-turned-into-a-basket for finer grinds (with the gn0me classic), works perfectly. ;)

Speaking of the classic, I had a good session yesterday with it and after using the Cone excusively for a good while, what struck me with the Classic is the incredible taste you get from the first draw. It has no equal imo. I think it's due to the narrowness of the classic mouthpiece cooling the air more rapidly than the Cone, thus enhancing the taste.

Top Bottom