• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Glass Symphony XLR

Dubmonkey

I should also add that the new heater worked very well at lower temp settings. I went from 650-680 to 550 - 580. Not sure if more efficient but for sure lower temps and still same performance.

Not sure what Jojo changed in the heater and what version I had initially (v2 I believe).

cascades

I don't think it would be that hard for someone else to figure out how to produce a similar product. Everything the vendor was using are fairly off the shelf parts. I hope the vendor is ok-I am sincerely worried about him. I own a GS and like it. I hope the concept doesn't die.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I've reached out via a different email address. If I don't hear back soon, I'm going to put the disco tag on this thread.:rip:

:peace:

I take it there was no response to the alternate email?
Hope all is well with jojo.
Time to go through all my PM's with jojo from many years ago...

lazylathe,

GoldenBud

I hope he'll come up with a new version soon and so he's all fine and that, plus the glass wrapping the heater will be thicker and there'll be an option to reduce the size of the air inlet. GSR - Glass Symphony Revolution. I hope my vision will become true and he'll be here.
Release The Beast!!!

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Nothing better than deep cleaning my Glass Symphony from top to bottom on a Sunday morning.
Re-assemble and allow to heat soak...
Load a big bowl and go to flavor-town!

Heavy hitting before lunch!

My GS stays on my desk 24/7 but rarely gets used these days.
With JoJo on hiatus, hopefully a great one, replacement parts are impossible to come by and being all glass it has that fragile aspect. Not that it really is fragile as the glass is nice and thick but accidents can happen.

The form factor is also quite large and adds a lot of height to your WT, so a stable base is a necessity!
I have always dreamed of a more compact Glass Symphony and I think there is one on the horizon!
If you squint and stick your tongue out at the correct angle, you may just get a glimpse of it!
There are none in the wild yet but rumor has it that they mat be a reality in the near future...
@invertedisdead Must have watched Paycheck and went into his lab and reverse engineered the GS into his vision of a monster vape in a small form factor!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

lazylathe

Almost there...
This is like "Edible Vaping". After 0.2g it feels like an Edible high, so potent rips!
After few more draws it felt like an adventure in the forest or smth

It kicks some serious vapor out with great flavor!
It's almost on par with my VerDamper but not quite.
Unfortunately the VD claimed top place for Heavy Hitter on my desktop lineup!

GoldenBud

I see, VD hits harder? I always thought the heater is like, longer, but the volume itself isn't too big? How much wattage it uses?

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

For me it does.
It uses a 60 Watt heater.
How can you explain this? just because the heater is actually much taller? and there are 2 "rodes"?
the GS's heater is like.. has more volume to it. much more.
but I guess this is individual opinion ofc.
I hope what you just said will get JoJo from the holidays or so... to make a taller heater :brow::lol:

GoldenBud,

lazylathe

Almost there...
How can you explain this? just because the heater is actually much taller? and there are 2 "rodes"?
the GS's heater is like.. has more volume to it. much more.
but I guess this is individual opinion ofc.
I hope what you just said will get JoJo from the holidays or so... to make a taller heater :brow::lol:

The VD actually makes the GS look tiny! It is a chunky, large heater with a very long heating coil.
My GS runs a lot hotter than the VD does and I find I can extract bowls much better and more efficiently in the VD.
My GS seems to be very draw speed sensitive and so gives inconsistent hits a lot of the time.
It is set at 830.

You also have to remeber vaping is very subjective. What I like, you may not.
It is also very much quality of herb based. Use cheap weed and you will be let down by most convection vaporizers. My herb is very high quality and it works so much better in the VD than my GS.
When I do get that perfect GS hit, it is sublime!

I hope JoJo also returns!
A long time ago I asked him to to consider making a smaller version with a 14mm joint for more focused heat. It was a possibility back then but now....

I also love my Supreme #4 vaporizer that a LOT of people do not...
You have to try it for yourself and then make a decision.
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

GoldenBud

I also love my Supreme #4 vaporizer that a LOT of people do not...
You have to try it for yourself and then make a decision.
:rockon::rockon::rockon:
Gotcha about the VD....I couldn't handle hits above 752 in the GS...felt too strong/hot, going from Portables to GS? it's like eating some strong edible....haha.
For me it was, like, One day I was using my old Fury II and then the other day GS...:lol:

I have an ELEV8R on my way to me.... I'm not sure it is as consistent/strong as the Supreme #4 but It's gonna be cloudy soon :brow::D

I also think a smaller version of the GS will be perfect for smaller doses for people who want to save place on their desk...!

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Gotcha about the VD....I couldn't handle hits above 752 in the GS...felt too strong/hot, going from Portables to GS? it's like eating some strong edible....haha.
For me it was, like, One day I was using my old Fury II and then the other day GS...:lol:

I have an ELEV8R on my way to me.... I'm not sure it is as consistent/strong as the Supreme #4 but It's gonna be cloudy soon :brow::D

I also think a smaller version of the GS will be perfect for smaller doses for people who want to save place on their desk...!

My GS also has the 2st version of the heater, so not as potent as the newer versions... I never had the chance to upgrade to the newer heater.

HindelangGG

Hey guys i wasnt paying attetion to mich but what happend with jojomonkey? I hope everything is alright.
Just noticed while cleaning that i have cracks inside the heating element. I tought i heard something about that this isnt a huge issue but can somebody pls explain this if i am wrong.

Dubmonkey

I noticed my heater was cracked after using it for two or three months. Pretty sure I was the cause as I dropped the GS from a foot to foot half on to the table as I was putting the GS back on the stand. Luckily JOJO had heaters in stock and sold me one to replace my cracked one.

When using my cracked heater I didn’t notice a change in performance or taste. Mines cracked at the top near the top where the balls don’t usually get to space.

the GS has been the daily for almost a year. Everyday I get worried that my GS may encounter an heater crack issue and may not be able to get a replacement. After the heater cracked I also bought the JOJO stand at the same time I bought the replacement heater. Wanted to make sure I had a more secure way of handling the GS than using a mason jar or a Herborizer stand that I need to tuck the edge of the stand under something heavy so the GS would not topple over.

hope JOJO comes back...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I noticed my heater was cracked after using it for two or three months. Pretty sure I was the cause as I dropped the GS from a foot to foot half on to the table as I was putting the GS back on the stand. Luckily JOJO had heaters in stock and sold me one to replace my cracked one.

When using my cracked heater I didn’t notice a change in performance or taste. Mines cracked at the top near the top where the balls don’t usually get to space.

the GS has been the daily for almost a year. Everyday I get worried that my GS may encounter an heater crack issue and may not be able to get a replacement. After the heater cracked I also bought the JOJO stand at the same time I bought the replacement heater. Wanted to make sure I had a more secure way of handling the GS than using a mason jar or a Herborizer stand that I need to tuck the edge of the stand under something heavy so the GS would not topple over.

hope JOJO comes back...

I thought the heater was made from off-the-shelf parts, no? Perhaps more could be built.

invertedisdead,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
All parts are off the shelf parts from a scientific glass supply.
Wish I knew which one he went with...

All you would need is the copper paste he uses to cook the heaters in.

I'm not sure if anything changed along the way but Jojo had posted the entire parts list to build this vaporizer in his DIY thread. AFAIK the heater consists of a 24/40 100mm thermometer housing, a cartridge heater, and thermal paste.

invertedisdead,

MileHighHuman

If the inside of the heater looks cracked (the sandy looking material) then thats fine.

It's if you crack the glass tube holding that sandy stuff. Thats when you would no longer want to use it for safety reason. That sandy stuff has a chemical in it you wouldn't want to inhale.

lazylathe

Almost there...
I'm not sure if anything changed along the way but Jojo had posted the entire parts list to build this vaporizer in his DIY thread. AFAIK the heater consists of a 24/40 100mm thermometer housing, a cartridge heater, and thermal paste.

I meant which supplier.
That would save a lot of headache, what I do know is that they came from the States and he could get custom work done at a cost.

@Dubmonkey
If the glass is cracked then you need to stop using it unfortunately...
I remember JoJo saying the paste was not for human consumption.

sweetherb

I really hope jojo returns at some point, cos this vape is exactly what have been looking for - an EVO killer!

sweetherb,
Top Bottom