• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Pukka

Like i said never heard these places some dont even have a color choice to pick from or what color you can expext but heres a breakdown of my findings so far. Dopeboo.com 199 vapelargest.com 170 i saw theres a code to drop that to 135 but cant find it again. The drugstore.com 154 bucks. And im sure if ya dig around enough you will find discount codes for them. Let me know if you have used any these sites before or if you order and they are legit. So yea im thinking a used potv one and try one those guys out
I've bought from 'Clouds, they're legit. I fond of the nickle ones myself. PotV's pretty legit but I've never bought "pre-owned" from them so ymmv. Have you checked vapospy?

Smokinbenbrown

I think i have checked there it sounds familiar. But potv has like 18 day warranty or something like that so Im gunna work it semi hard and im pretty sure i get those 18 too so i figured if by day 10 even its still running great I may have dodged a lemon. That was my theory I didnt look into the returned goods policy. Lots of vapes on there tho and sum damn good prices on them too crafty and mighty + and original ones to even og airizer air. Im guna def remind myself to go baxk every few weeks to check there inventory if this all works out cause I said fuck it and am the proud future owner of a black ghost mv1. Lots of good vapes that have no issues and are still in operation, what fun is that. Lol its kinda like the equivalent of the delorean of vaporizers. Maybe thats why the company was gone so fast they were both made by a coked up rich dude who didnt know what he was doing and made them make a bunch of changes etc. releasing a final product that mostly sucked but looks pretty damn cool. We need a documentary on the rise and fall of the ghost mv1.

Smokinbenbrown,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Smokinbenbrown

im not supposed to put long dumb messages I think are funny on this thread so i should post it there? Is that what u mean? Sorry I have been a memeber for quite a while but this is one the first times ive said more than a few things. I dont know the etiquette very well 🫣

Smokinbenbrown,

badbee

im not supposed to put long dumb messages I think are funny on this thread so i should post it there? Is that what u mean? Sorry I have been a memeber for quite a while but this is one the first times ive said more than a few things. I dont know the etiquette very well 🫣
I think Summer's point may have been that this thread (the link was just back to here) is the most complete documentation of that rise and fall to be found. The comparison to the Delorean seems appropriate, both were over-engineered, over-priced and focused on solving problems no one realistically needed solved. I haven't used mine since getting the TM1 recently, I should visit for old time's sake.

Smokinbenbrown

Oh ok, i know I have seen comments where people have been told you should be in a different forum when saying whatever but yea I gotcha. I wonder if one of these ghosts ends up breaking or something happens if you could take it apart and make your own crude housing for it like turn it into a desktop but longer stem or go straight to water. My dad used to do alot of work with circuit boards and little micro chips and soldering, fixed my og gameboy once, he poked around with his little volt tester and i duno what else a little soldering and it still works. If anyone wants to help maybe we can have a little side hustle ghost revival, send in your broke ghost mv1 no way there is a shortage on them, tear em down make a nice wood case or whatever works make extra $ till the lawyers show up lol. And hey our profits will go towards the making of “when a ghost vanishes” the mv1 story. Thats my once in a lifetime million dollar plan right there

MinnBobber

@Smokinbenbrown
FYI, I hope your black is the orig black and not the gen 2 matte black , which unfortunately has a chamber hinge weakness …. It breaks☹️

If it is matte black model , treat that door as extremely fragile.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: cosimo

badbee

I appreciate the link…any idea how to make it work? Pressing ‘Pair’ in pairing mode just times out
Paging @JCat (author of that page). I believe you need Bluefy or some other app on the iPhone to allow the website to interact with Bluetooth and the MV1. I've been using mine without the app for years, let me know if there is anything I can help with outside of the app.

Edit: I found a bunch of posts with JCat talking about BLE, so it must be that Bluetooth extension app.

Last edited:

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
Apparently the only working code runs on Android & Windows….

The thing that really bugs me about the situation is that when Ghost folded, they hunted down every scrap of user-helpful info on the MV1 & tanked it all: PDFs, videos, everything. That on top of the broken promises adds up to ‘fuck y’all, we’re out!’ I’m not mad at the people doing all the work, everyone was terrific: it’s the shot-callers.

My MVP still works. I still like it. I wish I’d given that money to Dan Morrison, tho

@Smokinbenbrown
FYI, I hope your black is the orig black and not the gen 2 matte black , which unfortunately has a chamber hinge weakness …. It breaks☹️

If it is matte black model , treat that door as extremely fragile.
Treat EVERY version as fragile, opening AND closing

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I generally don’t have it on, but I dunno what a WEB app would do with a short-range local signal like BT.

I ‘spect the loss of the ghost app has ended up with me not being able to turn MV1’s BT on. Others w/ experience?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Others w/ experience?
Reddit,
This is all I needed to do. Pull the battery, pop it back in, take the MV1 out of shipping mode by pressing and holding the power button for 3 sec. Then force quit the app and start the app again. App magically found the MV1 again.
POTV said,
Once your MV1 is charged and ready to go, open the app and select “Pair a new vape.” Follow the instructions presented in the app to pair your MV1. You’ll need to hold down both buttons for a few seconds to put the vaporizer into pairing mode, and then it will show up in the app.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I really ought to pass mine along instead of just letting it rot away in the box… look out for an advert next week, lightly used, two batteries, fast charger, crucible case, etc.
Ditto. I broke mine out a couple months ago (OG and Stealth and 4 batteries(2 OG and 2 Upgraded) and the fast charger) in anticipation of needing the amazing battery life for a coming hurricane that might turn out the lights. I couldn't consistently get the results I wanted which reminded me why I stopped using it.

Top Bottom