Discontinued Ghost MV1

Choices

My deary me,how do you idiots feel now for buying into the ghost(fitting name actually isn’t it 😂)…..oh how I remember being attacked for simply asking if its problems had been fixed.

I never understand why people feel the need to post this way. What are you hoping to accomplish? I’m not being rhetorical here I’m truly interested to know what your desired end result is by posting in this manner. Peace...

Vitolo

Vaporist
Hey all.
I still wasn't able to fix my broken nose of the door latch / door mechanic.
I used Tape sonfar but its very annoying because it wont always stay in place.
Does anyone know another fix?
Maybe 3d printed?
I have found success with Ghost MV1 Door latch, by dismantling the silicone and re-assembling it... trying each time to get the "feel" of the silicone's total insertion.
After a number of tries, it gets just right and can latch with success.
I hope this will help some.

I never understand why people feel the need to post this way. What are you hoping to accomplish? I’m not being rhetorical here I’m truly interested to know what your desired end result is by posting in this manner. Peace...
I do agree with you 100%!
The post you refer to is abusive and in poor taste.

Last edited:

WhyAreWeWaiting

My deary me,how do you idiots feel now for buying into the ghost(fitting name actually isn’t it 😂)…..oh how I remember being attacked for simply asking if its problems had been fixed.
I have 3 Ghosts. 2 were freebies as a Beta Tester. All still working. I really like the Ghost. Smoothest vapour, no harshness, good extraction, good flavour. IMO it's better than the Mighty+ which I bought at Xmas. Harsh vapour which makes me cough, although good at extraction. I don't understand why you have to be abusive to people who purchased a Ghost.

Djsleepy

Hey all.
I still wasn't able to fix my broken nose of the door latch / door mechanic.
I used Tape sonfar but its very annoying because it wont always stay in place.
Does anyone know another fix?
Maybe 3d printed?

AM-JKLVbd73xAs2iCf5c3ZDZDCDOir5XXK8vNHwYJ_My9qzDCIuAQRaT2DC_Zu-9wU3ubZG7NxXTwnxrjZmxb7SjJ_UXT-pR1SqqlWMzUeObJGqgPURBCN2nT4I4ciqgCBRtaLHWaG7TQWCk6fvhZmtzAskQCA=w1082-h917-no
That was the downfall of the ghost ....the latch! Sorry!

MinnBobber

The Ghost hits like a freight train 🚊
You don’t realize that you just took a mega gargantuan hit as their unique cooling unit really works.

True story— my first experience with Ghost was at their mega display at the Las Vegas CHAMPS
show.
I couldn’t find my way out of the Convention Center 😱
It was like a psychedelic experience….

LesPlenty

Company Rep
,how do you idiots feel now for buying into the ghost
Best $125 I have spent on a vape...still going strong!
I am sure there is a fix somewhere in the thread for the latch (mechanical sympathy is the best bet for latch longevity, pressing the latch mech while closing helps)
I wish the Chinese maker would start making them again and sell them on DHGate.

badbee

I still use mine fairly regularly, it really excels with a nice twax sandwich. My household bought three, two are still running fine and the other was replaced by Ghost after a spontaneous death, no arguments and no return requested, after two years of use. That replacement is also still going strong. Just anecdotal but not the worst record for a niche vape. Customer service, while it existed, was top notch.

I use mine with replacement cells in the battery housings.

WhyAreWeWaiting

Still use mine on occasion with another one still in an unopened box if needed. Definitely don't regret buying a couple (especially the unopened one for $125).
I ended up with 4 from being a Beta tester (everyone got a free one) to a couple that overheat if pushed too hard that they replaced and didn't want the faulty ones returned. Up until a couple of months ago I had one that I'd been using for quite a while, and one unused in a box. One I was using finally gave up the Ghost (pun intentional) a couple of months ago. Flashing Red Lights which according to the Vapelife Forum is terminal. So I had to open up the last one. I would definitely miss it if all my Ghosts were done. Was using it with Hopper IO, but more often than not both my IOs were in Boulder waiting for repair for months. One is there since last October without acknowledgement. Got a Mighty+ and an Xmax V3 Pro at Xmas for my 70th on Xmas Day in a Black Friday Sale. Mighty+ was €265, and Xmax was €67. Xmax is absolutely brilliant. Highly recommended. Mighty is OK, but vapour isn't that smooth. It's great at extraction though. Ghost is just as good and vapour is a lot more flavoursome, cool, and smooth.

androponic

vaped.
Anyone know of any third party stems that are compatible with the ghost?
these are hard to find now, i have one from sneaky pete but he no longer sells them. this store has them though.

BangBoomBang

I have a dispenser I no longer need, since my Ghost died a few months ago. It's completely unused and new, so are the capsules in it.

I will throw it away, since I have no use for it any more, but maybe someone here can use it. It's located in Germany, so overseas shipping costs are hardly an option, but maybe someone in Europe can use it?

WhyAreWeWaiting

I have a dispenser I no longer need, since my Ghost died a few months ago. It's completely unused and new, so are the capsules in it.

I will throw it away, since I have no use for it any more, but maybe someone here can use it. It's located in Germany, so overseas shipping costs are hardly an option, but maybe someone in Europe can use it?
That's very generous of you. I'm in Ireland. I'd be happy to pay any shipping costs.

I saw a few people throwing the number 125 around for new units.

I always thought this looked interesting but for the price could not justify.

Picked one up on the Classified with bunch of extras and two disassembled units that were taken apart but never able to put back together to fix the door latch on a stealth model from a dead black chrome model.

I received the package today and am proud of myself because I was able to fix the door latch and make one functional unit out of two. Now I have two fully functional units. Was thinking of selling one but I’ve really been enjoying my sessions with these, might keep em both.

Just wanted to share. 🙂

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
FYI, Sneaky Pete's stream today was a deep dive on the rise and fall of Ghost:

Deep Dive - Ghost MV1

I have a stealth and a silver MV1. Don't use them anymore since they were always
giving me consistency issues. :doh:
I love my ghosts! I bought 6 Batts before they closed up shop and have 2 new units still unopened:tup:

Top Bottom