• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Okla68

Well mine just crashed this week. It seems I have a full battery from the quick charger indicator but once I plug it up to the ghost I get three solid red lights. One of the best vapes I've ever owned but like everyone else said sucks they went out of business. I was able to buy one from vapor.com this week and haven't gotten a msg saying it's out of stock so fingers crossed. I got it for $120 even though on site says $175 with coupon. Hope that can help someone. Side note anyone know of a good vape with usb c chg connection/charging.
Airvape LEGACY....is USB-C and Wireless !
I have one of the Original Nickle finish units (MV1)from Vape Critic when they first appeared. STILL works like a Champ !

chaos191

I loved that vape when I first got it. I have loads of next to new batteries 4 heat sinks... etc. The performance had dropped significantly so it got shelved.. I was wondering My batteries are all barley used is it really important to keep the heat sink very clean for best vapor production?

cosimo

... I was wondering My batteries are all barley used is it really important to keep the heat sink very clean for best vapor production?

I think it is, and in my case, the dirtier the heatsink the easier the unit overheats as well.

Speaking of heatsinks, I noticed mine doesn't always come back in the same way after taking it out for cleaning, so sometimes it doesnt seal up well against the green silicone and performance really changes. Haven't been able to get it on camera, but I can see a 1-2 mm gap whenever this performance drop happens.

And i find it crazy how the door won't feel hot for somepeople. Mine gets so freaking hot i can't touch it more than a sec or two!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I don't care how many in a row, its the door is not hot thankfully :D

But I can take out the crucible with my finger after each hit without any issue as well :D

m0sh,
Reactions: Kimosabe

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I usually finish at 2x red on the temps settings and my door definitely gets hot.
But I can take out the crucible with my finger after each hit without any issue as well
My door does not open until the crucible is spent...no longer giving vapor. My unit shuts itself off quite regularly with the 3x red blinking lights happening more often than not.

LesPlenty,

SquirrelMaster

I think it is, and in my case, the dirtier the heatsink the easier the unit overheats as well.

Speaking of heatsinks, I noticed mine doesn't always come back in the same way after taking it out for cleaning, so sometimes it doesnt seal up well against the green silicone and performance really changes. Haven't been able to get it on camera, but I can see a 1-2 mm gap whenever this performance drop happens.

And i find it crazy how the door won't feel hot for somepeople. Mine gets so freaking hot i can't touch it more than a sec or two!
A hot door is how I know my unit is working well. My first never did but that one had a heater issue to begin with. The second and third units each got pretty hot but produced a lot more vapour.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I usually finish at 2x red on the temps settings and my door definitely gets hot.

My door does not open until the crucible is spent...no longer giving vapor. My unit shuts itself off quite regularly with the 3x red blinking lights happening more often than not.

You're using dry herb with the red temp settings?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Has anyone else experimented with preheating their vape before putting the crucible in?
That is called the first bowl here...then empty the mag! (except for overheating flashing red leds party pooper safety shutoff)

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Sn4Pz

badbee

But I can take out the crucible with my finger after each hit without any issue as well :D

Is this after waiting a few minutes or are your finger tips numb? :) When I take out crucibles too early they feel every bit of the 390+ F temperature they are at. I think I've developed calluses from the almost burns I've been getting regularly this past year.

Regarding temps I start with amber 3 and finish on red 1. A long hit on red 1 can produce some char, red 2 is too hot to use on my unit (default temps, since I'm on iPhone).

clownt33

Well mine just crashed this week. It seems I have a full battery from the quick charger indicator but once I plug it up to the ghost I get three solid red lights. One of the best vapes I've ever owned but like everyone else said sucks they went out of business. I was able to buy one from vapor.com this week and haven't gotten a msg saying it's out of stock so fingers crossed. I got it for $120 even though on site says $175 with coupon. Hope that can help someone. Side note anyone know of a good vape with usb c chg connection/charging.
I had the same thing happen this week.. strangely I had just ordered a backup from vapor.com and literally 2 days later mine died so it looks like i will now have to order another backup.. i was wondering if anyone has tried updating the firmware on them since the website is down.. i have the Ghost app but I’m not sure if the actual firmware was part of the app or if it was downloaded from the website.. i’m afraid that trying will brick the device.. has anyone tried updating FW since the website went down?

clownt33,
Reactions: LesPlenty

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Are you interested in buying a new in box unit, satin silver or black chrome (not the stealth black which has latch issues)
Then your broken unit could be a spare parts machine.
Some new accessories also available, with a new unit,
MinnBobber
I purchased my Ghost MV1 from minnbobber. He’s good people. It was a pleasure doing business with him. He did an amazing job with getting MV1s to veterans.

Vitolo

Vaporist
...He did an amazing job with getting MV1s to veterans.
@MinnBobber is the best.... salt of the Earth!
Interesting that you mentioned the Veterans and the MV1.
I had luck with the Veteran population!
I was able to get 42 out of 48 Units (All rebuilt with new parts- boxed-with crucible/charger/concentrate pad) into the Tucson Community.
The Vape was unwieldy to most of my patients, who had little patience for learning the settings, and the units were large...
..and most of my patients are older... or weak.. or distracted by their situations.
I wound up sharing these with mostly Veterans, because they seemed to take to them very well.
I am left with 6 Units like this, that I have been unable to place with patients for months now.
The need for this unit in the community has diminished.
I may wind up selling them at a very low cost to use funds for replacement parts (Glass/Batteries/Butane/Chargers?battery doors etc).
Does anyone know if the Ghost folks are still doing repairs etc?

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber is the best.... salt of the Earth!
Interesting that you mentioned the Veterans and the MV1.
I had luck with the Veteran population!
I was able to get 42 out of 48 Units (All rebuilt with new parts- boxed-with crucible/charger/concentrate pad) into the Tucson Community.
The Vape was unwieldy to most of my patients, who had little patience for learning the settings, and the units were large...
..and most of my patients are older... or weak.. or distracted by their situations.
I wound up sharing these with mostly Veterans, because they seemed to take to (Glass/Batteries/Butane/Chargers?battery doors etc).
Does anyone know if the Ghost folks are still doing repairs etc?

@ Vitolo, no factory repairs or parts, totally Ghosted. ☹️
It was too bad that MV-2 never happened.

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@ Vitolo, no factory repairs or parts, totally Ghosted. ☹
It was too bad that MV-2 never happened.
It is too bad. If they would have survived and learned from their mistakes they could have made a really killer follow up device. The biggest thing to be learned from the MV-1 is the complex vapour path and how cool it makes the hits. Disrupting laminar airflow gives super cool hits!

Vitolo

Vaporist
Why has the need diminished?
Because the device is heavy and large for the hands of most of my typical patients, who are for a large part frail and
have serious involvement with dexterity.
In a local situation as this, the military usually gives Veterans a choice: Pharma, or use your MMJ card, and NO pharmaceutical intervention.
I have saturated the need within the Veteran community, which functions with information being spread by word of mouth.
So far I have managed (with some level of difficulty) to find easy fixes for the issues that have popped up.
My remaining units (6) have been sitting here, due to the flow of lighter weight, more user friendly Vapes that members and manufacturers have donated.
@Summer ... I hope this explains better my comment about the need diminishing locally for this one type of unit.
I still use my original MV1.

badbee

Because the device is heavy and large for the hands of most of my typical patients, who are for a large part frail and
have serious involvement with dexterity.

As a regular Ghost user I can see how it had potential as a great device for seniors, and I can also see how it could be too fiddly and annoying for seniors...

If you have any to unload let me know :) , it wouldn't hurt to have some spare parts...

badbee

So now I'm thinking of adding some additional cooling to my Ghost sessions. I've tried the tiny stem bubbler custom made for it but it doesn't do much, not enough mass I think.

What would you recommend for someone who doesn't exactly have a vape station and mostly vapes standing in the garage? Maybe a sherlock used upside down? Do they have enough mass to soak up some heat? A small globe like the ones sneaky pete sells? Glass hammer, D020-D? I'm a cheapskate so no fancy art glass for me.

arb

Semi shaved ape
So now I'm thinking of adding some additional cooling to my Ghost sessions. I've tried the tiny stem bubbler custom made for it but it doesn't do much, not enough mass I think.

What would you recommend for someone who doesn't exactly have a vape station and mostly vapes standing in the garage? Maybe a sherlock used upside down? Do they have enough mass to soak up some heat? A small globe like the ones sneaky pete sells? Glass hammer, D020-D? I'm a cheapskate so no fancy art glass for me.
Any bubbler that catches your fancy will do.
Bigger sometimes means more restrictive but sometimes not.
It all starts with one.........a year from now your glass collection will have its own room and furniture if you don't beware.
😂

badbee

Any bubbler that catches your fancy will do.
Bigger sometimes means more restrictive but sometimes not.
It all starts with one.........a year from now your glass collection will have its own room and furniture if you don't beware.
😂
Crap, you may be right. I swore to myself I wouldn't go down the route of buying a bunch of glass but then I saw this 8" sidecar from TAG and I really want it. Any red flags that would make this not ideal for vaping from the Ghost or a Splinter\VapCap? Seems about the right size and not too much perc. It's more than dhgate glass, but not absurdly more, and it's nicer.

That hard concrete floor in the garage may keep the collection from growing very much. My first XL8R stem sure didn't like it much.

TAGClear-Side-Car.jpg

Top Bottom