• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Ghost MV1

Brewervapesalot

They're either coming up with a MV2 or going out of business... Just speculation guided by logic and a lack on anything said by the company. Caveat emptor.

Edit: this is a fair price, so long as they have a company around to honor that warranty.

Last edited:

CarbonFiberGuy

Damn I sure hope ghost Vapes isn’t going out of business and this sale isn’t a dejavu of the big haze sale last year before they went belly up . I just got my ghost :shrug:

CarbonFiberGuy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
OK, I'm in. For the few extra bucks, I ordered from the ppl with the best return policy. I' counting on this being worth every penny, since the last thing my spouse feels I need is yet another vape!

mucsusn

60 going on 20
My second night with my new MV1. First impression are quite good. My regular grind that I use for my VC's, logs, Iheats, Splinters and Li'l Buds is working quite well. Deep, flavorful hits, excellent effects. Using it is a little more labor intensive than the others, but not a deal breaker at all. If it stays reliable, I think that I'll be very happy.

Logcabinman

Hi all. New here. Have been using a wispr for years. Have really appreciated All the information shared on this forum. Just purchased my MV1 last week. Love it. However, was concerned with the unavailability of spare batteries. Contacted ghost yesterday and communicated back and forth several times today with them via email. They pretty clearly communicated with me that there is no information on the future availability of extra batteries for sale. While they say they will support the mv1 and it’s battery for its warranty period, they left me with the definite perception that I would not be able to purchase any spare batteries, period. This bugs me. I wanted to purchase a couple more mv1s as gifts, but now I’m waffling on that decision. Today maybe the battery is unavailable. Tomorrow maybe they’ll stop supporting the crucibles. Etc. Either they’re releasing a new model or going out of business, either way, it seems accessories for the mv1 may not be supported for long. I hope I’m wrong. I just wanted to buy a couple spare batteries and another mv1 for now.

O-G-Reg

Anyone heard anything about a firmware update? Its badly needed. With the constant BT drain on the battery and now that you can’t get the app off the apple store, all new users will be forced to use the cumbersome double press and hold to swap temps.
Seems very suspicious that there hasn’t been any FW updates for simple issues like this.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, Apple has made a policy change that resulted in them removing all vape-related apps from their app store. Ghost Vapes was not singled out individually and, to be clear, this decision affects all vape companies with an iOS app. We are appealing this decision so that we can have our app relisted as soon as possible. If you would like to help, please voice your concerns regarding this policy change from Apple by publicly tweeting Apple’s Support Account at @AppleSupport and by signing our petition >>> change.org.

Meanwhile, we are deeply saddened that we can no longer continue to deliver 100% of the above functionality to iOS users. For existing customers and potential iOS users, we have written a post covering how to get the best out of the MV1 without the iOS app. Remember, customers already with the app are not affected – it will not be removed from your phones, and Android is still fine!

Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Last edited:

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
@virgil_GHOST can you comment at all about the availability of additional batteries. I’d love to buy 2 extra batteries.

Unfortunately mate we're all out of batteries at the moment to the point we've had to remove the option to buy from our website. We do not have an estimated date for restock. We know how beneficial it is to have a spare battery and we're doing everything in our power to come through for you.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

virgil_GHOST,

Brewervapesalot

Unfortunately mate we're all out of batteries at the moment to the point we've had to remove the option to buy from our website. We do not have an estimated date for restock. We know how beneficial it is to have a spare battery and we're doing everything in our power to come through for you.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Well, that projection is as clear as mud.... Don't get me wrong but people are buying these after all the discounts, and some want some insight into what's going on..

Edit: Apple is psychologically confused. They stand up for privacy and respecting private decision making to the point of taking on the FBI. But then on the farse of a vape prohibition movement-- created by pencil pushing loser beaurucrats desperate for relevancy and to justify their existence--Apple bans an app that has never hurt anyone...

Last edited:

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Well, that projection is as clear as mud.... Don't get me wrong but people are buying these after all the discounts, and some want some insight into what's going on..

I know mate, I wish there was more I could say. But anything more would be a promise I personally can't see through. I can't speak on what we're doing because while I genuinely respect and care about everyone here, out of respect for my colleagues, I also have to keep the internal workings of the business as close to the vest as I can. If there's more to share, please trust that I will be forthcoming with information. Believe me, I am digging (to the point I fear I may be becoming an annoyance, which is not good in an office environment). We don't want to upset anyone and I'm truly sorry if we have.

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

virgil_GHOST,
Reactions: Jill NYC

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately, Apple has made a policy change that resulted in them removing all vape-related apps from their app store. Ghost Vapes was not singled out individually and, to be clear, this decision affects all vape companies with an iOS app. We are appealing this decision so that we can have our app relisted as soon as possible. If you would like to help, please voice your concerns regarding this policy change from Apple by publicly tweeting Apple’s Support Account at @AppleSupport and by signing our petition >>> change.org.

Meanwhile, we are deeply saddened that we can no longer continue to deliver 100% of the above functionality to iOS users. For existing customers and potential iOS users, we have written a post covering how to get the best out of the MV1 without the iOS app. Remember, customers already with the app are not affected – it will not be removed from your phones, and Android is still fine!

Virgil from GHOST Vapes

As an iOS user Apple's ban definitely cost you a sale. And I know I'm ignorant on such things, but can't you offer the app directly to customers as a download from your site?

CarbonFiberGuy

Hello Everyone,

Virgil from GHOST Vapes

Virgil what are the current preset temps out of the box on newly shipped ghost units without the app ?

CarbonFiberGuy,
Reactions: LesPlenty

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
As an iOS user Apple's ban definitely cost you a sale. And I know I'm ignorant on such things, but can't you offer the app directly to customers as a download from your site?

We're looking at any solution, angle, and loophole there is. I'm confident we'll come through.

Virgil what are the current preset temps out of the box on newly shipped ghost units without the app ?

UvsupBSHa6z26ZsYLyXQDx60Ftb91-Ox8w.png

I'm sorry for the back to back post eeeek!

Last edited by a moderator:
virgil_GHOST,

Kimosabe

Educator/Cannabis Evangelist
Here's some wild speculation:
What if the MV1 and Airvape Legacy were withdrawn due to patent infringement litigation negotiations? Surely, if they violated any of the S&B patents regarding convection heat exchangers, the release of the Crafty+ might precipitate International enforcement blitz. Just wild speculation. Conspiracy theories anyone?

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
If the battery was not proprietary, $150 would be more tempting. But if Ghost isnt around, neither will the batteries.
Agreed. I was considering an mv1 as a more portable on demand convection option since I love my Splinters so much for home use.

Having thought about it I'm gonna pass. I don't know anything about running a small business but to me this smells too much like a going out of business sale.

The single proprietary battery, the questionable latch mechanism, issues with the finish and firmware... and now a Ghost rep is posting things like "I wish there was more I could say". Yeah no.

Top Bottom