Discontinued Ghost MV1

joner

So the last two crucibles I've combusted......I had been running with the calibration up to red and on red level 5 with the liquid pad under the crucible. This has worked fine, no great, for the last.....2 months?

So before first combust, I took the liquid pad out. ...after the first combust I turned calibration down to yellow and still on second red heat level.

Next crucible I hit it twice, didn't quite get the results I seeked, so I turned up the calibration again and subsequently combusted.

Is anyone still using the liquid pad under their crucibles or find that they have to do so?

I had overheating warnings from the device a couple non-usual times and figured I'd try taking the liquid pad out to try to free up flow.

yogurtsauce

Not sure if I’m using my ghost right. I use the two red dot temp (410°F). My first hit is always my biggest hit by far. Insane cloud, heat, flavor, and weed. The second and 3rd hit are kinda wispy. Then I rotate the crucible for another decent hit. I always read that the second hit is better. But I noticed that’s only for lower temps. Not sure if I just answered my own question or not.

Also, is the door to the oven supposed to get as hot as the heat sink?

Last edited:

joner

I thought the same, why would you want to increase conduction heat, may as well get a Mighty unless there is another reason for it?
I thought the same, why would you want to increase conduction heat, may as well get a Mighty unless there is another reason for it?

Saw the vape critic doing it a while back for full high temp extraction without stirring or rotating the crucible.

david8613

Saw the vape critic doing it a while back for full high temp extraction without stirring or rotating the crucible.

I remember that too with vape critic, but he kind of back pedaled on it, and ghost did not recommend that even they tried his experiment. I wouldn't do that with the liquid pad you might choke the mv1, your not letting air flow through the unit its gonna get too hot especially your using those higher red temps. start on lower temps and move up without pad. I noticed my ghost is very super efficient, on lower temps I get few nice draws, on higher temps it vaporizes herb in a lot less hits. its like sipping vs guzzling your beer, that's what cool about the ghost.

joner

I remember that too with vape critic, but he kind of back pedaled on it, and ghost did not recommend that even they tried his experiment. I wouldn't do that with the liquid pad you might choke the mv1, your not letting air flow through the unit its gonna get too hot especially your using those higher red temps. start on lower temps and move up without pad. I noticed my ghost is very super efficient, on lower temps I get few nice draws, on higher temps it vaporizes herb in a lot less hits. its like sipping vs guzzling your beer, that's what cool about the ghost.

Yea I've taken it out in case it ends up hurtin the thing. I think my combusts were a combination of too slow a draw, high heat/calibration, and also my herbs being too dry. I tried a crucible right out of my grinder and it vaped perfectly fine. The stuff that combusted I had dried over night and was almost crispy. I dunno.

I think the fact that I took the liquid pad out prior to the combusts was a coincidence.

david8613

Yea I've taken it out in case it ends up hurtin the thing. I think my combusts were a combination of too slow a draw, high heat/calibration, and also my herbs being too dry. I tried a crucible right out of my grinder and it vaped perfectly fine. The stuff that combusted I had dried over night and was almost crispy. I dunno.

I think the fact that I took the liquid pad out prior to the combusts was a coincidence.

If I have super moist product I take it out and lay on a paper towel for 20 mins, then grind the load and the load and vape. Overnight might be too long for drying. Experiment but dont go crazy with extreme with heat, I would start in yellow range first and then go up.

joner

Hey folks,

Going into my first Canadian winter with my Ghost MV1 as my go-to for on-the-go (along with my 2018 M), and was wondering how the thing performs in extremely cold weather?

Our winters reach -30 C (-22 F) or lower with windchills (effective ambient temp), and I just woke up to snow on the ground.

Is the Ghost MV1 powerful enough to keep up with extremely cold air on the intake side of the heater?

Winters coming

joner,

joner

No battery is going to work well, if at all, at -22F. When I lived in Alaska, everyone's car was plugged into A/C or running in the parking lot at the grocery store. Just keep that vaporizer close to your body and take out only to use.

Yes, that goes without saying. We own cars here too so we occasionally need to plug them in and thaw our snowblowers off in the shop with the wood stove blaring all winter.

It will be coming into my office with me, not staying in the car, etc. If i'm carrying it out and about, it will be in a pants pocket, you know, all that good stuff.

But i'm just wondering, can the heater keep up and heat that cold air? I'll be able to determine myself in time, but was just seeing if anyone else could share their experiences.

kiddvudu2

Yes, that goes without saying. We own cars here too so we occasionally need to plug them in and thaw our snowblowers off in the shop with the wood stove blaring all winter.

It will be coming into my office with me, not staying in the car, etc. If i'm carrying it out and about, it will be in a pants pocket, you know, all that good stuff.

But i'm just wondering, can the heater keep up and heat that cold air? I'll be able to determine myself in time, but was just seeing if anyone else could share their experiences.

I'll know in a few hours what it does at 20°... Northern Michigan, deer camp.

Peese!

disGRUNTled

Had not used it in ages , still efficient flavorful hits , heavy hitter ....
IMG-3906.jpg

IMG-3908.jpg

e249a3af-99f2-4bd4-8568-3bf63708440e.jpg

Brewervapesalot

My old MV1 was fine skiing at 20 to 30f. But I only took it out for a few hits at a time. Mostly I stopped using it skiing because if I ever fell on it-----OUCH...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Your batteries will perform better for longer if you do not run them to dead flat every time, I don't think it will hurt to do it occasionally just don't make a habit of it.:myday:
That being said, they are easy to swap out once you kill one, unlike a lot of vapes it is just too bad they are not just 18650's as I have LG hg2 and VT6s galore.:tup:

dron19

Email I just received:

Thanksgiving Comes Early

To celebrate we have put together a deal to make Thanksgiving 2019 one to remember!

- MV1 Sale Price: $175 (SAVE $50!)

- FREE $30 Crucible Dispenser with every MV1 purchase
Just purchase an MV1 and the crucible dispenser will be added to your basket! No codes, no secret links, just plain and simple.

Top Bottom