Discontinued Ghost MV1

dron19

Should I jump on this deal? I have a crafty simrell vortex sbj and a tinymight (soon). Is the ghost something I need in my collection?
Two thoughts:
1. the MV1 + dispenser was approx $330 just a few months ago and many people bought at that price and love them.
2. If you do decide to get one, I'd get any other unit other than stealth black. Certainly appears these models have issues especially with the black staying on the heatsinks.

I liked mine but sold it as I got tired of fiddling with the little crucibles. My manual dexterity made this a little bit of a challenge but IMO for normal people they don't seem to mind how the loading/unloading the crucibles works.

yogurtsauce

Should I jump on this deal? I have a crafty simrell vortex sbj and a tinymight (soon). Is the ghost something I need in my collection?
Have used mighty instead of crafty, have the same stem, haven’t used the sticky brick but have used the bare essence. I would get the ghost mv1.

virgil_GHOST

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know Thanksgiving has started a little early at GHOST Vapes! Our current promotion features our best price ever: GHOST MV1 for $175 USD + Free Crucible Dispenser.

No promo code needed; this will be a standard sale that begins today and runs through November 27th.

Thank you all for reading!

Cheers,
Virgil from GHOST Vapes

joner

I feel the MV1 will provide some things that none of your other vaporizers can provide.

It's an enclosed, on-demand convection, non glass jointed battery operated device that can go from zero to 3-4 nice rips quite quickly, with no torch.

I really enjoy mine purely for on the go usage, and sometimes when I need to sneak one around home for whatever reason.

I bought mine in the summer for what I thought to be a pretty good but, 342CAD taxes in delivered to my door, so I'm now pretty bunghurt about that decision. But I felt that I just needed to have one.....

kiddvudu2

MV1 is a great vape. And that is a killer deal. I say buy now, and then use it while MV2 goes through its proving rounds out of the gate. Once kinks are ironed out and first sale hits, get the new model.

But what do I know, I'm just a nerdy stoner. :smug:

david8613

That new price is very tempting, then I reread all the latch problems and tell myself to wait, surely the MV2 will be here soon.:myday:

I wouldn't worry about those problems, ghosts customer service is the best out there. I would get it and enjoy it while you can still get it. when they are sold out you will wish you got one. ghost mv1 is top notch!

habitat-fc

That new price is very tempting, then I reread all the latch problems and tell myself to wait, surely the MV2 will be here soon.:myday:

Are all the colours plagued by the door latch issue? I only heard of this issue when the stealth black model was released?

habitat-fc,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have to be careful as return shipping can get ridiculously expensive pretty quick to get to where I live...now if I could get my local reseller of the Ghost to match the deal we might be onto something...especially how I am no longer getting a GrassHopper this Black Friday as I had planned...:disgust:

dron19

Are all the colours plagued by the door latch issue? I only heard of this issue when the stealth black model was released?
Seems like the latch happens to just the stealth model. I had a black and chrome and never an issue. People are reporting failure of their stealth latch after a few weeks, get it replaced, breaks again after a month, replaced again... If I were to buy another MV1 I'd get anything but a stealth model...

Northbear

I ordered a satin silver MV1.

My stealth has been working fine, but I only use it 2-3 times a week.
The coating on the heatsink did fail, but Virgil got me a replacement.

To quote Ghost's website:
Our latest production units now come with:
Newly improved door mechanism & switch

So, having a spare MV1 seems like a good idea. That and the price is
pretty decent. Heck, a spare battery and crucible holder runs $90.

wastedpotential

I think the latch is only a problem on the stealth, and my guess is that it is because the other colors have a little chrome plating protecting the plastic latch.
I went with a different color with my replacement for the broken latch. I had some issues with new one (uneven and excessive heat), but customer service took care of things just fine.

Might Ghost be getting ready to unveil an mv-2.0 on 4.20.2020 ?
Unless someone has heard something from a reliable source, I would not be holding out for an MV2. Grab the good deal on the MV1 now. There has been no mention (at least here) that any new version is coming yet. Don't let the hope of something newer have you deny the pleasure of an MV1 right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Djsleepy

I have had both a stealth and satin silver latch go out.....stealths.seem to be more frequent....and silver occurred due to my high usage and repeated opening /closing of door after a month....IMO until a total redesign is done the possibility of latch could occur on any of them....but I use this for medical all day(30+crucible s a day) Long and IMO there is no other portable that hits like this and fully extracts with minimal amount of herb....Ghost CS is above and beyond all others and I continue to love and appreciate.this Beast of a vape...so I wouldn't miss out on their current deal!

Last edited:
First failed mv1. Green lights first then almost immediately 3 red lights. Change batteries etc. This
one is dead. Luckily I have a second one. These devices work so well I am surprised. Submitted
a ticket. On we go.

Still not a post so could be combined. I will report myself. Now a 10%:sale it looks like on the 175 price what a deal. They are going to release a new one for Xmas. I cant of course say for sure so let us say 50% chance.

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: LesPlenty

dron19

Still not a post so could be combined. I will report myself. Now a 10%:sale it looks like on the 175 price what a deal. They are going to release a new one for Xmas. I cant of course say for sure so let us say 50% chance.

10% off the $175 price? Where? I don't see it on their site. Thanks

Top Bottom