Discontinued Ghost MV1

david8613

exactly my thinking, my other devices avb never looks that. I did the ticket procedure this morning, I also sent some pics. I also check the screen below the crucible everything looks fine down there.

david8613,
Reactions: LesPlenty

django7

hi guys, I am having some trouble with my mv1, she is hot spotting a lot and leaving a lot of green around the edge of crucible. this has been happening since I got it around 4th of July.
Mine looks similar much of the time. I use a high temp and short draws, so I think that's why.

I was bothered by it at first, but after a while I realized that worrying about the ABV was interfering with me enjoying myself.

I get plenty medicated, and herb use seems efficient (I don't use as much as with other vapes). So I've just learned to accept a bit of green left over.

I've tried stirring, and yes I can get a couple more icky tasting draws out of it. Meh. Not worth the bother if you ask me. I just dump it and move on.

Djsleepy

Here is the.pic of.bad latch ....you can see it s.closed (but not all the way) and air gap is where curve.starts on.latch....so if your crucibles vape.to.dark really quick...verify your latch is fully shutting.....I believe as.they go out.they hold less.and less.until nomore...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/IvuJJE_SREuWadwgsyXUwQ.RFZHYVSXnFjBUJzUaS8Sm7

Here is the gap where it closes......you can see.the green silicone/silver part.....

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/gYyl3naiTx-g9hpvYLCu8Q.5481yJeePFg_dj0HfQ84A0

Last edited:
Djsleepy,

david8613

Here is pic of under the crucible. I see a burn mark on the lower left hand side, but I don't think that is causing problems.

david8613,

david8613

There is definitely something going on. I also own a mighty and I am using it natively and with dosing capsules similar to the ghost crucibles and the avb from the mighty is perfect. I noticed the plastic shredder that came with mighty shreds finer than the other shredder I used with my mv1. Do you think finer grind might help with my tunneling issues? I thought mv1 likes a coarse grind?

Last edited:
david8613,

Mr.Meeseeks

After falling many times, the crack on the side finally gave in. Bummer :\
20190802-160923.jpg
[/url]
20190802-160930.jpg
20190802-160940.jpg
[/IMG]
20190802-160923.jpg
Another one broke. Double bummer. I guess they have a limited life span.
20190814-174412.jpg

Last edited:
Mr.Meeseeks,

frank grimes

There is definitely something going on. I also own a mighty and I am using it natively and with dosing capsules similar to the ghost crucibles and the avb from the mighty is perfect. I noticed the plastic shredder that came with mighty shreds finer than the other shredder I used with my mv1. Do you think finer grind might help with my tunneling issues? I thought mv1 likes a coarse grind?
I bet it’s your pack if I was to venture a guess. I get those exact same type of hotspots usually after I stir. After I stir, the pack is never as good as initially. I find the mv1 quite maddening sometimes because it is very finicky with the type of material used and the pack. I only use the mv1 to supplement my other vapes.

frank grimes,

david8613

That's the wierd thing I never stir. I was always told that stirring is not necessary with mv1. I'm gonna try a different grind, I currently use a coarse grind from a budget shredder. My mighty came with a plastic shredder that shreds more fine gonna see what that does.

I followed all the advice from this forum for the mv1,
1) course or medium grind
2) long and slow draw speed
3) make sure no air leaks push cooling system down, make sure door is closed properly.
4) do not tamp too much.
5) loose pack not tight pack
6) make sure lid for crucible is on properly.
7) male sure battery is fully charged
8) let herb air dry some before use.
9) mouth piece is about half way out.
10) make sure crucibles and lids are clean.

It true when the mv1 is working it is the very best vaporizer but when it's not working, it's one of the worst. I just tried to use now nothing no vapor, its tunneling again. So I had to go to one of back ups.

Last edited:

stinkytofus

That's the wierd thing I never stir. I was always told that stirring is not necessary with mv1. I'm gonna try a different grind, I currently use a coarse grind from a budget shredder. My mighty came with a plastic shredder that shreds more fine gonna see what that does.

I followed all the advice from this forum for the mv1,
1) course or medium grind
2) long and slow draw speed
3) make sure no air leaks push cooling system down, make sure door is closed properly
4) do not tamp too much
6) make sure lid for crucible is on properly
7) male sure battery is fully charged
8) let herb air dry some before use
9) mouth piece is about half way out
10) make sure crucibles and lids are clean

It true when the mv1 is working it is the very best vaporizer but when it's not working, it's one of the worst. I just tried to use now nothing no vapor, its tunneling again. So I had to go to one of back ups.

1) course or medium grind - coarse grind the way to go
2) long and slow draw speed - i actually wait 3 more seconds before drawing, after its ready, 15 second draw a little long for me
3) make sure no air leaks push cooling system down, make sure door is closed properly - a lot of people dont put back the heatsink back correctly, causing air to leak
4) do not tamp too much - put herbs inside till it fills up and scrap off excess
6) make sure lid for crucible is on properly - make sure no buds around the edges, i even clean the crucibles every use with water soap then alcohol, buds inbetween lid and crucible is no good, also there is excess oil in the lids holes, the cleaner it is the better
7) male sure battery is fully charged - battery fully charged performance seems better than a battery thats been thru a few crucibles already
8) let herb air dry some before use - dont really need to airdry it unless its too wet
9) mouth piece is about half way out - i pull halfway out but i put my lips at the base of the hole where mouthpiece comes out, tighter pull
10) make sure crucibles and lids are clean - 100%, when u put on the lid it should sit flush on crucible

If effects not as good as before, do a full clean of the heatsink, crucibles, mouthpiece, and used fully charge battery with coarse grind

Inhale 12 seconds, then expand lung to max, hold for 20 seconds then exhale in a room with windows and doors closed, repeat

I recommend vaping once a day, or once every two days

Last edited:
stinkytofus,
Reactions: Jill NYC

david8613

Getting frustrated with the mv1. I did a full clean from top to bottom, assembled properly, battery fully charged and I made sure to pack the crucible correctly. Slow long inhales. Last night after just one or two inhales no more vapor. You can see in the pic the herb in the crucible is vaporized incorrectly, the herb in the middle is cooking way faster than the edges. If I keep going the middle will be charred. I went back to my mighty no problems, lots of vapor, perfectly vaped avb using dosing capsules. I started a ticket with ghost, I sent ghost more pics, and answered some questions the other day. I haven't got another response from ghost since. I showing both the ghost crucible and mighty dosing capsules. You can see the mighty is fully vaped no hotspots or unvaped herb. The mv1 is overcooked in the middle and undercook in the edges, this is not normal. In person it's much more pronounce than what the pics show. I really want to enjoy this vape but I'm lost at this point, just waiting for ghost to respond.

Last edited:
david8613,

frank grimes

Getting frustrated with the mv1. I did a full clean from top to bottom, assembled properly, battery fully charged and I made sure to pack the crucible correctly. Slow long inhales. Last night after just one or two inhales no more vapor. You can see in the pic the herb in the crucible is vaporized incorrectly, the herb in the middle is cooking way faster than the edges. If I keep going the middle will be charred. I went back to my mighty no problems, lots of vapor, perfectly vaped avb using dosing capsules. I started a ticket with ghost, I sent ghost more pics, and answered some questions the other day. I haven't got another response from ghost since. I showing both the ghost crucible and mighty dosing capsules. You can see the mighty is fully vaped no hotspots or unvaped herb. The mv1 is overcooked in the middle and undercook in the edges, this is not normal. In person it's much more pronounce than what the pics show. I really want to enjoy this vape but I'm lost at this point, just waiting for ghost to respond.

Personally I like grinding the material to half the size that it appears in your pics. Not to say that it doesn’t work, but when it’s coarse like the way you have it, I can only get it to a light brown whereas when I grind fine, I can get it dark brown.

One other thing to check, when you inhale through the mouth piece, do you feel any resistance? I now know when I’m going to get a good hit as soon as I inhale. When I get the pack right and everything is working properly, I can feel the right amount of resistance as I inhale. When something is wrong, it feels like I’m sucking an empty straw. When you got good hits, could you tell that there was a light even resistance? Look for that before doing a complete draw. It’ll save your herb...

frank grimes,

david8613

I think I'm going to try a lighter grind next and maybe pack a little more in the crucible. Those are the 2 last things I can think of. From all the recommendations I read they stress pack light, and medium or coarse grind. maybe my pack is too light and too coarse so air is finding an easy way through. Honestly i dont think its that because I see the tunneling/hotspots in the same exact area of crucible everytime. I want this thing to work reliably!

I never really paid attention to the resistance in the draw but I will check into that, the ghost has great airflow. I know when she is working good when I feel the hit in the back of my throat.

Last edited:
david8613,

david8613

I understand the mighty has some conduction, but it is still mostly convection. I only posted pics to show how uneven the avb is on the mv1. My firefly that is 100% convection and requires stirring, does not show any hotspots/tunneling like the mv1, and I'm not a stirring at all and the firefly2 is still doing a nicer job. I really dont think my mv1 is working 100% its very fustrating. I tried to use the mv1 last night, I used the same coarse grind but this time I put a little more product in the crucible and I was getting pretty decent vapor, but I will have to check the crucible to see if its tunneling/hotspoting and leaving unvaped material later on tonight.

Last edited:
david8613,

vapenerd

Every time I open this thread, I see people complaining about the Ghost MV1. There's way more negative than positive feedback in here. I'm so glad I didn't buy one.

vapenerd,
Reactions: wilky

Summer

Long Island, NY
@david8613, your beating a dead horse here: it's obvious we can't help you any further - it certainly appears your unit isn't functioning correctly. It's obviously needs to go back to GV for an analysis. I'd cut to the chase with CS by referring them to all your posts on this thread & all the advice posts you received. Tell them you expect them to inspect the vape in-house. I wouldn't settle for less.

Top Bottom