Discontinued Ghost MV1

Some-new-user

@stinkytofus I'm thinking that your issues are something to do with the Bluetooth version of the new pixel (5.0).

EDIT - JUST HAD A QUICK READ AND BLUETOOTH 5 IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE.

I had this issue when I wanted a smart pedometer a few years ago none of the Bluetooth radio versions were compatible with my old phone. I ended up getting one that synced with my pc via a dedicated USB dongle.

I think this is one of the reasons why the iPhone apps for many products will sync a lot easier than android versions. Actual hardware and drivers play a big role in things like this. With Apple products they dictate the hardware inside the phone/device where an android could have infinite possibilities. Being honest I'm doubtful that your new pixel will recognise the mv1. I hope I'm wrong here. Thing is I'm in a similar situation. Just got a Samsung s7 active and I have to pair again every so often up until then I used an old don't that wouldn't update. I want something that just works, i have an i pad and the ghost app works great with that (had to select iphone apps in the app store) so now im considering going to iphone again or even an iPod touch. I just wish things could be more simple and straight forward but I guess that's what we get for using technology like this. It's not an abacus, there's going to be things that go wrong and the more you throw in there as a variable the more chance there is of it going wrong.

Last edited:
Some-new-user,

stinkytofus

After running 3-5 cruicbles.. short review
I think crucible by ghost mv1 is great, a lot of pros, some cons
Pros:
+Very clean taste
+Easy to learn controls
+Can clean most of the unit
+Super fast heat up times
+Sleek looking
+Take hits anytime instead of having to finish one shot
Cons:
-it can be a little bulky and heavy to carry around
-lights moved to the top would be a better placement

1. i personally prefer being able to buy my own
Batteries like for da vinci iq which uses 18650, fast charging = batteries die fast, and at $60 a set is a little steep and probably have to change every 1-2 years if heavy use
2. crucible dispenser in my opinion is a must have, if you dont have this the experience is not as good, the convenience of having 5 extra loads with you anytime is great, perfect for going out and parties, i put different strains in each, dont have to bring anything else with me, say milanna u need a metal scoop, then bring buds with you, plus a packing tool, da vinci iq as well, so this is definitely more convenient to swap out fresh buds, very similar to haze v3 cans
3. A screen on the unit to adjust temps, update firmware, change brightness settings, lights on/off, nice to have but not necessary

My pixel 2 xl cant connect but im sure a fix soon

Maybe mv2 can be
1. Single 18650 user swappable
2. Reduced size, slimmer/boxier design = more pocketable and easier to carry around
3. Lights move to top instead of bottom, cant really see the lights when im holding it up with fingers wrapped around it

Overall im very happy with it so far, aside from my pixel not pairing, been taking it everywhere with me, i go from level 1 to 4 and 2-3 times level 5 and im pretty lit from.there lol

Last edited:

uncanni

I feel late to the party...but I have questions: is DRY herb only, no concentrates? But nobody cares?
I’m desperate for a rig that will take the pain and the coughing out of medicating, and ASAP...

You can use concentrates in the MV1; if you go to their website, you will see how this thing works. It does make me cough a little, but the vapor is so cool. I think anytime I'm putting vapor in my lungs, it will make me cough. But I recently took a hit off a joint after over a year of not smoking, and I couldn't hit it for the coughing. MV1's efficiency and smoothness is head and shoulders above any of my previous vapes (around 8 over the past 12 years).

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
iphone pairs/resets easily
pixel 2 xl doesn't pair at all (using android version 9, latest)

my guess is, the mv1 doesn't recognize the latest android version?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9, Android version 8.0.0. I've had no issues with pairing or updating the firmware.

I'll test again once the S9 gets the update to v.9.

His_Highness,
Reactions: ataxian

stinkytofus

I'm in the now group of idiots.who bought a.Haze square and the company went belly.up with no warning.... Can you tell my why the ghost.is.worth.my money? Really interested but have invested alot in square with back up.accessories that I have purchased .....thanks ahead of time for your time
Get it now with the free crucible and fast charging if still available, being able to swap fresh buds out on the fly without bringing buds or tools is a huge +

Shorner

Take a look at this site: Vootra
Their promotion ends today.

Nerissa :)
I went for a exchange unit thinking I would get the accessories too but never it wasn't until I read the small print I realised I don't qualify...very misleading when I'm basically getting peanuts back for my old unit when I could of sold it for a lot more on eBay or here ...emailed days ago no response either..disappointed with customer service from Ghost.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Shorner, I'm assuming by exchange you mean the $169 upgrade vs. the $295 Holiday Bundle which included the crucible & fast charger? There was nothing deceptive about either offer, terms were stated clearly.

@Djsleepy, as no. reason. to. repeat what already. has. been. posted, read the thread from October 2018 on when the. latest. version. came out & you will see why us. fans. think. this vape is worth the money.

Shorner

@Shorner, I'm assuming by exchange you mean the $169 upgrade vs. the $295 Holiday Bundle which included the crucible & fast charger? There was nothing deceptive about either offer, terms were stated clearly.

@Djsleepy, as no. reason. to. repeat what already. has. been. posted, read the thread from October 2018 on when the. latest. version. came out & you will see why us. fans. think. this vape is worth the money.
@Summer

It wasn't very clear at all ! And $130 for my units a joke.

Shorner,

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
the "rig" you seek is available now, it's called edibles.
Hi. Know that. Between now and growing enough, edibles are too expensive (trust me). Is how I came to be noticing MV1: need more effect, fewer hits....

You can use concentrates in the MV1; if you go to their website, you will see how this thing works. It does make me cough a little, but the vapor is so cool. I think anytime I'm putting vapor in my lungs, it will make me cough. But I recently took a hit off a joint after over a year of not smoking, and I couldn't hit it for the coughing. MV1's efficiency and smoothness is head and shoulders above any of my previous vapes (around 8 over the past 12 years).
Good to know it’ll handle concentrates, liked what I was hearing about the unit anyway. I ended up being sick for most of December & forgot to research. Too much lung irritation and I suddenly remembered - late last night, minutes to midnight (local), my head in disarray, I was afraid I’d miss a really good deal on a really good product....

Curious to to know if their packaging is stealthy, too?
Red state ‘n’ all that...

Last edited:

stinkytofus

I went for a exchange unit thinking I would get the accessories too but never it wasn't until I read the small print I realised I don't qualify...very misleading when I'm basically getting peanuts back for my old unit when I could of sold it for a lot more on eBay or here ...emailed days ago no response either..disappointed with customer service from Ghost.
Always clarify with rep before you do it, the upgrade doesnt come with the accessories

uncanni

I think I missed sale ugh!!!
the "rig" you seek is available now, it's called edibles.

Some folks just aren't ready for edibles, which can last far longer and be way more intense than a vape session with an MV1. I'd say a happy medium between edibles and vaping is tincture. Breakfast of champions.

I'm in the now group of idiots.who bought a.Haze square and the company went belly.up with no warning.... Can you tell my why the ghost.is.worth.my money? Really interested but have invested alot in square with back up.accessories that I have purchased .....thanks ahead of time for your time

Oh wow, the Haze went belly up!!! Wow!! I had one of those, around 3 vapes ago... I can tell you this: for me, seriously no comparison to the Haze. MV1 gives the best quality vapor I've ever had. It's really more like vaping an extract, it hits with hella power and flavor. It takes vaping to a completely different level for me. Waaaay higher.

Hi. Know that. Between now and growing enough, edibles are too expensive (trust me). Is how I came to be noticing MV1: need more effect, fewer hits....
Good to know it’ll handle concentrates, liked what I was hearing about the unit anyway. I ended up being sick for most of December & forgot to research. Too much lung irritation and I suddenly remembered - late last night, minutes to midnight (local), my head in disarray, I was afraid I’d miss a really good deal on a really good product....

Curious to to know if their packaging is stealthy, too?
Red state ‘n’ all that...

Yes, their package was stealthy. Bet my state's redder than yours... :evil:

Shorner

@Shorner

https://www.ghostvapes.com/mv1-trad...=forum&utm_campaign=trade_in&utm_content=post

Stealth Edition Trade In Terms & Conditions
  • This offer is only valid with the purchase of an MV1 Stealth Edition (excluding Bundle offer) until midnight (PST) January 4 , 2019. You will not receive a discount on any other product.
I did not even look at that page

I just clicked on the offer and paid for it...like I said it wasn't explained on the page with the deal else I wouldn't of exchanged and paid the 295 to get the bundle...now I have to buy the extras and pay extortionate shipping rates to the UK!
And all ghost had to say was "sorry for misunderstanding" and that's only cause they read my post on here as I have sent a couple of emails about this and about something else and not had one reply back!
I'm happy with the mv1 but ghosts customer service has been rubbish.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Shorner, you would have had to default to that page to know that in order to get the trade-in offer you would have to enter your vape's serial # in the Apply Discount Code box. The same referral link was posted both here in this thread & on VLF so I don't know what possible link you can be referring to that would explain the how to of trading in without the included stipulations.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/4085/mv1-stealth-edition-trade-in-offer-now-live/p1

As such, I don't see how GCS can be "sorry for the misunderstanding" for anyone assuming without thoroughly reading & researching. In the majority's opinion, Ghost has excellent service.

Summer,

stinkytofus

I did not even look at that page

I just clicked on the offer and paid for it...like I said it wasn't explained on the page with the deal else I wouldn't of exchanged and paid the 295 to get the bundle...now I have to buy the extras and pay extortionate shipping rates to the UK!
And all ghost had to say was "sorry for misunderstanding" and that's only cause they read my post on here as I have sent a couple of emails about this and about something else and not had one reply back!
I'm happy with the mv1 but ghosts customer service has been rubbish.
im sorry to hear your assumption is wrong, you should've sold the unit, then bought a new one, maybe ghost make it right for you by sending you the freebies, if they dont, its not really their fault anyhow, $100 bucks big deal, one meal outside and its gone lol

Top Bottom