Discontinued Ghost MV1

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Posted 3 days ago by ghost-ops on VLF:

"[To] all our other customers who have been inconvenienced by the lack of availability of crucibles lately - our sincere apologies. It's far from an ideal situation, including for us, and we have been working to rectify it - and if we've been vague it's only been because we haven't wanted to put a definite date on things before we knew one, and risk disappointing you further.

While I still don't have a 100% confirmed date for crucibles being back in stock but we are due to commence production very shortly indeed. While we won't be posting regular updates on our supply chain we will provide additional info as and when we can, and when they're back in stock all customers who have requested it will get an email notification advising they're ready to purchase."

Psst... vapeplanet.ca still have a few in stock. ;)

Djsleepy

If they are doing business in China, it's the way it has become.unfortunately.......manufacturing is more.costly and so many vendors are either forced.to find new manufacturing when problems arise or shortages occur...but unlike other companies (I'm sure you guys know who.I'm talking about) they are keeping us updated. Kudos to @ghostvapesofficial !!!!!!

Thanks to @Summer for posting!

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

Found a local retailer that had a Cucible Dispenser (got lucky) can't imagine not having it. Hope they get them in stock soon for you.
Love this vape. Davinci IQ is now on Sabbatical.

At this point I'd be happy with just a couple extra crucibles. I'm using a contacts (for your eyes) case to store my only extra one. When I screw the lid down it keeps the crucible lid held tightly against the crucible making it handy to just toss in with the MV1 (which I carry in my IQ case). I'd be happy to carry 2 of them until I could get my hands on a dispenser, but without any additional crucibles there's no point! lol.

Oh well, 1st world problems I suppose...

Djsleepy

1 month 5 days and hundreds of crucible s and finally door latch broke....ugh! Process started for replacment........

IME:
After having a non stealth and a stealth both with latch issues...on non stealth seemed to be an issue with area where it clicks into place being rubbed down smooth in one spot do to opening and closing after so many times ....in stealth this was actual latch chipped off in both corners...material that came off does look ss as original did??? Much as I hate to say this but IMO the door latch mechanism needs to overhauled/redesigned......I know there have been claims that stealth issue is a batch issue ......I sure hope so ......I really.love this unit!

For stealth owners ...I kind of had an idea.this was coming as I noticed a few times my.latch popped open after closing it.....after looking at broke latch it appear s each corner broke off.....so what I believe happens is one side breaks off and unit pops open a few times but still latches till the other side gives out.....hope it helps......

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

1 month 5 days and hundreds of crucible s and finally door latch....ugh! Process started for replacment........
Stealth Black right? I've pushed on the door out of habit whenever I open it since I received my unit. Fingers crossed I'm not in a bad batch.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: ataxian

SquirrelMaster

....in stealth this was actual latch chipped off in both corners...material that came off does look ss as original did???

Decided to have a look at my stealth black MV1.

I'm thinking it shouldn't be missing a chunk in the middle? Mine is under a month old, 75+crucibles in. I'm not worried if it breaks as Ghost customer service is top notch but as you say, could this be design issue? I thought I remember Nerissa saying it was a batch issue.

SquirrelMaster,

Djsleepy

Decided to have a look at my stealth black MV1.

I'm thinking it shouldn't be missing a chunk in the middle? Mine is under a month old, 75+crucibles in. I'm not worried if it breaks as Ghost customer service is top notch but as you say, could this be design issue? I thought I remember Nerissa saying it was a batch issue.

yeah I got the chunk out of mine as well end damage mine looks bad lol ........imo design issue .....fixable maybe....hopeful batch still.......

Djsleepy,

Djsleepy

Well I tried to use my broken latch unit by holding it every way possible....hits were inconsistent and after a while of course gets really hot!!!! I realize how much and how well this unit medicates me when I pulled out the "backups"

After researching there definitely were door latch issues with some non stealth units as was stated on Vapelife when stealth rolled out.... under description of all the improvements/changes made :

Updated door latch - some people reported problems with their latches over time and they worked on fixing any issues.

As well as on website:
- Newly improved door mechanism & switch..

Hopefully all stealth latch issues are batch related and next one I get will be different batch.

Djsleepy

There is not enough good.that can be said about cool vapor :tup:.....man hot vapor is burning.my throat....hopefully be up and running by weekend.....

Djsleepy,
Reactions: arb

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
Question:
Sometimes i notice uneven burning of the loaded bowl in the crucible.
I saw a tip to flip the crucible between hits.
Has anyone encountered this issue?
The coils seem to be working as expected, however it doesn't look like the coil is a perfect circle.
Is this by design? Or does part of the coil starts to fail after many uses?

SquirrelMaster

Question:
Sometimes i notice uneven burning of the loaded bowl in the crucible.
I saw a tip to flip the crucible between hits.
Has anyone encountered this issue?
The coils seem to be working as expected, however it doesn't look like the coil is a perfect circle.
Is this by design? Or does part of the coil starts to fail after many uses?

You mean rotate the crucible? You shouldn't have to based on what Ghost has said but there are quite a few users that do that and/or stir. I assume you mean one side is cooking faster? Pop your heat sink out and look down into the unit. How does your crucible look, i.e. is it centered in the space?

pittiserria

Truth Warrior
You mean rotate the crucible? You shouldn't have to based on what Ghost has said but there are quite a few users that do that and/or stir. I assume you mean one side is cooking faster? Pop your heat sink out and look down into the unit. How does your crucible look, i.e. is it centered in the space?

It doesn't look like a perfect circle when heated and glowing. How does it suppose to look like?
As for the cleaning, that's the first thing I did, but happens also when squeaky clean.

And yes, looks centered.

pittiserria,

SquirrelMaster

It doesn't look like a perfect circle when heated and glowing. How does it suppose to look like?
As for the cleaning, that's the first thing I did, but happens also when squeaky clean.

And yes, looks centered.

Sorry I meant to clarify that when you're looking down into your unit to have your crucible in. You'll be able to see if the crucible looks centered in the green silicone. This may or may not effect air flow but if your crucible is sitting perfect it will rule it out.

Edit: This is what I mean.

In my case I'm not sure to what extent it effects air flow but every crucible I vape tends to stay green in an outer circle on the top layer. With my latch breaking I'll probably RMA but I wanted to give myself a chance to get to know the unit first. I still love this vape, and its cooling magic.

Last edited:

kiddvudu2

I usually squeeze a gram of product into my crucibles.......just kidding.....but hadn't thought about that being a cause good observation @kiddvudu2 !

If there isn't enuf room for the hot air to flow through and around all the herb in the crucible, it will divert to the paths of least resistance, which avoids some areas, leaving them less browned and the high-flow areas overly browned in comparison.

kiddvudu2,
Reactions: F-UCTD

wastedpotential

I think grind and pack will affect the airflow.
If I keep the crucible just short of the top, with a coarse grind, heating is very even. (more space for the air to move around in)
If I pack a little, it may sometimes stay a little green on the edge.

Waiting on the crucible holder to be available so I can have more pre-packed crucibles available and maybe pack them lighter. May only get 2 clouds from it, but switching crucibles is simple.

Also, quality/structure of the flower has an effect. Nature can be inconsistent, and even the same high quality strain can be different, from planting time, handling, storage... plenty of things to alter results.

Top Bottom