Discontinued Ghost MV1

ghostvapesofficial

Company Rep
Company Rep
@ghostvapesofficial - Narissa, I did question GhostOps (I believe) closely on this on VLF. But can you please confirm or deny that Stealth MV1s are the same configuration as all other current production except for coating/finishes.

Cheers

Hey @Baron23!
My understanding is that they are the same except for the coating/finishes. I will confirm next week.

Nerissa :)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Sometimes it's all about timing.....IMO....

If you believe that the non-stealth units aren't as good as the stealth you WERE right at one time but the facts have moved on and your beliefs haven't kept up.

If you believe that the latch can be a problem, you WERE right at one time but the facts have moved on and your beliefs haven't kept up.

When the stealth first came out I believe it was an improvement over the non-stealth units that came before it. This may have been the start of the belief, by some, that ALL non-stealth units are not as good as the stealth. My understanding is that ALL currently produced units, stealth and non-stealth, are all the same as far as production and quality.

There was a point, not long ago, when some units had latch problems. My understanding is that the latch issues were part of a particular production run and the latch issues are no longer a problem.

I have a non-stealth unit that was produced prior to the stealth so in my world my stealth is better than my non-stealth. From a timing perspective my reality differs from the current production reality.

Thanks @ghostvapesofficial for the phenomenal support!

Brewervapesalot

Yes, but I believe that they still manf and offer other colors which would also be current production quality? Yeah?

I did see above that someone attributed a quote to Virgil at Ghost, but I questioned Ghost VERY closely on this subject and all current Ghosts...no matter their color...are the same configuration aside from aesthetics like black heat sink and not coating the door latch in some chrome looking finish.

I mean, let's think about this...do we really think there are more than one production line for MV1's? That the heaters in the stealth are different than other current production? That although they have the same firmware release level, that they are somehow different.

No...I'm sorry to disagree with others (and I'm not pointing at you on this, @Brewervapesalot ) who are seeing differences in performance between colors of current production. Personally, I wonder about the placebo effect coming into play here.

@ghostvapesofficial - Narissa, I did question GhostOps (I believe) closely on this on VLF. But can you please confirm or deny that Stealth MV1s are the same configuration as all other current production except for coating/finishes.

Cheers

Personally, I think the only colors that really sell are stealth, black & chrome, and silver. Probably in that order. My units were from the get go, first units out and on. At that time there were serious issues that no one denied. My last unit was from last summer. Still had issues. Serial number lower than the previous unit. I think replacements sent out were not always the newest models as probably hard to identify lastest units in the same box (without looking at serial numbers).

The stealth units for sure are new units.

I am sure there are early units out there, maybe even ugly colors still being sold, that cause issues.

My overall thought is that if you want the latest fixes, buy a stealth. Probably from ghost directly. Or you may end up with a unit that is a few months dated as to changes to production and/or firmware, etc., that is definitely occurring on the fly.

The whole roll out, for good or bad, has been on the fly with problems identified and fixed as they go. Tbe fair thing to do there is provide good customer service and replacements as needed because they didnt beta test long enough (probably because they needed positive cash flow to keep the whole operation going).

And ghost has done that so there it is.

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Djsleepy, I'm interpreting it the same as @Baron23 re-clarified back to ghostops:

"as I interpret it....any incremental differences were reflected in production of Stealth and all other color schemes and were not so much component changes (except the heat sink) but perhaps better tolerances or consistency in production."

Logically, it wouldn't make any sense for GV to build new tolerances/specs into one color & not the other going forward. The only difference with the Stealth is the coating, which extends to the lack of a chrome finish on the Stealth's latch.

As I've said, I've had every version put out & now have 2 of the latest version in black & Stealth & they perform identically.

Every one says that there have been 2 vape versions; I say "4." (I'm talking the physical vape, here, not just firmware upgrades.) The (my) initial release (v.1) was replaced w/ what I call v.2, which was a noticeable, yet marginal improvement as this batch still exhibited vapor & overheating issues. Then had this unit replaced with v. 3, a precursor to the newest rendition which includes the Stealth. This was a significant improvement. But as I said above, the body got hot.

With this latest version (v.4; & Stealth & non-Stealth models being equal), the performance of my (2) v.4 units has increased expotentially.

When the stealth first came out I believe it was an improvement over the non-stealth units that came before it.

I think this is the gist of it.

Or you may end up with a unit that is a few months dated as to changes to production and/or firmware, etc.,
All units sold directly from Ghost were updated to the new firmware at the same time. It's possible some retailers sold some older units during the rollout of the new version.

Tbe fair thing to do there is provide good customer service and replacements as needed

Which is what they have been doing. :hmm:

Last edited:

Djsleepy

@Baron23
@Summer

I guess ask Virgil.....I'm not making it up.....I 've offered to send the email to anyone who.wants it....you guys sure are upset over this it's kind of funny.....lol

Djsleepy,
Reactions: ataxian

Baron23

Hey @Baron23!
My understanding is that they are the same except for the coating/finishes. I will confirm next week.

Nerissa :)
You da' best, Nerissa!! :tup::rockon::clap:

Give @stickstones my warmest regards. :cheers:

@Djsleepy

no one's upset. It's called a discussion.

This ^^ . Discussing this stuff is kind of what we do on FC, no?

And no one questions that you accurately stated what Virgil said to you in an email. I'm just saying he was wrong, that there have been MANY direct conversations with Ghost that say....well, contradict what you received from Virgil, and Nerissa will confirm...again...one way or the other.

All sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

@Djsleepy, I'm interpreting it the same as @Baron23 re-clarified back to ghostops:

"as I interpret it....any incremental differences were reflected in production of Stealth and all other color schemes and were not so much component changes (except the heat sink) but perhaps better tolerances or consistency in production."

Logically, it wouldn't make any sense for GV to build new tolerances/specs into one color & not the other going forward. The only difference with the Stealth is the coating, which extends to the lack of a chrome finish on the Stealth's latch.

As I've said, I've had every version put out & now have 2 of the latest version in black & Stealth & they perform identically.

I think this is the gist of it.

All units sold directly from Ghost were updated to the new firmware at the same time. It's possible some retailers sold some older units during the rollout of the new version.

Which is what they have been doing. :hmm:

I've always said they've been more than fair with customer service. Anyone who bought early bought knowing it was an early roll out. We all went through fixes, either new new units or updates.

When I got replacements, the mouth pieces weren't always the latest and serial numbers were lower than the unit I sent in. So while firmware was updated, even a newer version than giving out to the public at the time, the units did not appear to be the latest production models.

My last model before I gave up, I specifically waited--per ghost--for a new batch from China. That unit too did not work. But I have little doubt they have improved batches even since then. I just wasnt willing to waste my time anymore and was over it. It's not that great of a vaporizer to be sending back multiple times over the course of a year.

Anyone who buys from another distributor other than ghost may get an older unit depending on how recent their stock was refilled.

The theme I read in this forum, is newer units, e.g., stealth, have less issues. So it's all speculation, but my observations lead to some pretty obvious conclusions based on the information available.

It's not uncommon for Chinese manufacturers to screw things up and then get feedback and change production issues. The problem with Chinese goods is often poor communication and quality control.

I've met with middle men in the brewing industry for equipment. The trick is getting solid Chinese equipment and not the flaws. Then you save a lot of money. China subsidizes shipping in some cases and cost of manufacturing is much less. The workers are paid better than most anyone in China compared to other work so I have no qualms with the business model.

Last edited:
Brewervapesalot,

Some-new-user

+So I managed to get of my first ever piece of shatter. Rare in my area. I made straightener rosin before.

This is seriously awesome, it's more like a session mode. Been doing back to back hits and I'm pretty much flying. Looked at my crucible after a few hits. It was oozeing towards one side.

Definitely try keep the vape as upright as possible.

IT JUST OVERHEATED. This doesn't surprise me though or worry me. Concentrate mode. Plus how many hits I took. Probably for the best. @ghostvapesofficial logging in to my MV1 remotely telling me to go do something productive :tinfoil:

Have a good weekend all.

Some-new-user,

started@52

What makes you say it wasn't designed to be used aggressively? I've never heard or seen anything surrounding this and curious to know more.
Does your unit ever overheat? If it’s not overheating then I think the way your using it is fine.

started@52,

kiddvudu2

Greetings all, do you mind if I do a quick memory dump (..err..what's left of it after my first 3 days with my MV1)?

I've been trolling for about 2 weeks (since I ordered my stealth+power bundle) and have read a bunch of the stuff from launch on, but then skipped to about the past 50 most current pages). I received my order on the 21st. I'll note that I have a request in for one of the batteries which came out of the box (I have a theory) not being able to take a USB charge (leastly, light on battery doesn't work), but it seems to accept a charge via fast charger for the time being. My theory is that the included charging cable might have an issue, because this morning while I moved the other (good) battery from a charger in my garage (on a different USB cable) into the house to the included cable, that battery light has also quit working. And during my testing immediately following I determined that that included cable feels odd when plugging it in, while my previously owned cables feel "normal". I haven't tested charging via USB and then taking a reading via the app to verify weather it is actually just the light or not, been too busy trying to figure MV1 out!

I've never owned or used a convection vape until Thursday evening. My daily drivers for over 2 years have been PAX 1/3, and DaVinci IQ. I get very consistent results from both (PAX3 and IQ) and they perform almost identical the way I use them. Same vapor production/effects from same material on both units. It doesn't matter how I organize the sessions, as long as I take each vape to the same max temp, the AVB is damn near identical, so is the vapor production, and the effects. I mention this for reference, not because I am suggesting I prefer the conduction vapes.

Initial MV1 session was very nice, however I didn't get what I would call alot of vapor. I went directly to the 392f setting with a sturdy 15 second draw on a (from what I've learned now) slightly overpacked crucible. I got a "good/not great" cloud. I immediately fired another draw down which gave me a similar cloud, so I figured it was running low on vapables, I bumped it to 410f for one whispy hit and then a few more draws with no vapor. Wow, the first 2 draws tasted amazing, but I wanted much more....vapor, yes, but more importantly, more of that taste and the feeling in my lungs that I've actually inhaled something other than regular air - and I'm not talking about a burning sensation, don't get me wrong there. AVB turned out kinda charred in some parts and kinda green in others, not uniform and looked a bit unfinished.

I was very pleased by the flavor and smoothness, but slightly let down that I didn't "feel" like I actually vaped enough - 3ish clouds v/s closer to 10 per session. I usually run my conduction's around 400 so they don't get harsh, maybe it's just because of the hotness of that air v/s the MV1. Either way, I definitely felt an effect, and it was definitely different than those other 2 vapes (same 2 materials for past week), but I wouldn't say any more "intense" of effect from MV1.

Next morning it kinda hit me that 1 "bowl" in the IQ and PAX3 are at least double the amount of material that 1 properly packed crucible is, that really was a lightbulb moment for me.

From there brings me to today, I have probably put about 8 maybe 9 crucibles through the stealth and I don't think I've hit that "sweet spot" yet, but I am much more happy now than after session #1. During the journey I was able to retain a handful of trinkets so far:

I have come to conclude that I can get along nicely with the effects of 2 crucibles, and the session is so much nicer than my conduction vapes. I'm still testing temperatures/effects, but even 2 crucibles is still less product than I pack into my convection units - I bet it's closer to 3x.

I think I need to look at the vapor per session more like this: That the few "solid" hits you get from a properly loaded crucible is only about 1/3 the dosage of a session I'm used to getting from PAX/IQ, but those couple of hits actually extracts the vapor more efficiently, hence less "good" hits. A side note here, I haven't actually tried 428f for a starting point yet, so that's this evening's test session - this could be a game changer for me. What I'm concerned about mostly is the couple of people here (I think djsleepy might be one) who raved about how much more production they got from a replacement unit. I just hope I don't have one of the "low power" devices.

Over-all I'm enjoying the MV1, it's so damn likeable. I just want to get to that point where it's just 2nd nature to use like my IQ and PAX 3 are to me. Where I can load it up and decide on a whim if I want to enjoy a nice low and slow creeper, or rip off the whole bowl at once and properly get to acting like a bumbling idiot convincing myself that I sound like a genuine scholar.

BTW - this is a great thread ya'll, looking forward to joining the club!

Cheers!

disGRUNTled

Ghost MV1 (Animal Cookies) & Chewy Grinder 2.0.
laVs5tA.jpg

kiddvudu2

And it all came together!

2 crucibles loosely filled to 3/4:

I'm really digging the lower temps and the tastes and the huge minds-eye feeling I get with this thing, damn! But I just needed to make sure that I could achieve that "kittywampus" level if desired like I could easily do with a 420f/430f session with the PAX3/IQ. With 2 crucibles, mission accomplished! I set the MV1 to 428f and put in crucible #1. First pull (full 15 second normal draw with mouthpiece 2/5 way out) it had MONSTER vapor and tasted excellent! Second 15sec draw was 'meh' for taste and vapor. I swapped crucibles and first draw was BIGGER/BETTER than the previous initial draw! Nothing on the 2nd draw for this one though. I compared AVB and they were both perfect. I have that sweet spot in sight. I'm gonna find it! Same effect as IQ/PAX3, less time, less material... Very nice.

Summer

Long Island, NY
I'll note that I have a request in for one of the batteries which came out of the box (I have a theory) not being able to take a USB charge (leastly, light on battery doesn't work), but it seems to accept a charge via fast charger for the time being. My theory is that the included charging cable might have an issue, because this morning while I moved the other (good) battery from a charger in my garage (on a different USB cable) into the house to the included cable, that battery light has also quit working. And during my testing immediately following I determined that that included cable feels odd when plugging it in, while my previously owned cables feel "normal". I haven't tested charging via USB and then taking a reading via the app to verify weather it is actually just the light or not, been too busy trying to figure MV1 out!

Does my previous post help?
When using the fast charger, the light is red when charging & green when fully charged. When using the usb cord, the light is red when charging & the light goes out when fully charged.

I've been plugging the usb cord into the battery sans the vape body, & when I get no light I transfer it over to the fast charger where it initially glows red. I wait a few minutes until it sychronizes & then it turns green. So the green light on the fast charger indicates a full charge while no light on the usb cord indicates full charge. The occurred for all of my batteries.

Last edited:

Trulukkyphrank

You da' best, Nerissa!! :tup::rockon::clap:

Give @stickstones my warmest regards. :cheers:

@Djsleepy

This ^^ . Discussing this stuff is kind of what we do on FC, no?

And no one questions that you accurately stated what Virgil said to you in an email. I'm just saying he was wrong, that there have been MANY direct conversations with Ghost that say....well, contradict what you received from Virgil, and Nerissa will confirm...again...one way or the other.

All sounds good to me.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I think the source of the confusion could be that Virgil talked about a statistic thing. All stealth are the newest version the other colors can be nearly every version. So the customer service has more problems with the non stealth colors because there are still old versions in rotation.

When charging by usb when u plug it in the indicator light on battery does not show red even though battery is not fully charged.

I am not sure this is everytime.

When this happens I insert the battery into the ghost and turn it on by pressing mode button. I remove battery from ghost and then plug battery back into usb. Light comes on and it charges for the 8hrs(it seems) or so that is needed.

Btw I now dont use fast charger as I am concerned about the rapid rate of charge effect on battery life. See lithium ion discussion on battery university for this possibility.

kiddvudu2

Yup, looks like both batteries are working as they should! Damn, now I feel like anybody who reads my original post might be skeptical of the batteries... Any suggestions? Can/should I put some type of edit on that first post? Of course, I'll get back in touch with Bruce at CS to let him know all is well here.

Thanks again Summer! U rock!

Cheers all!

Brewervapesalot

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I think the source of the confusion could be that Virgil talked about a statistic thing. All stealth are the newest version the other colors can be nearly every version. So the customer service has more problems with the non stealth colors because there are still old versions in rotation.

Yes, and older units could still be being sold by vendors other than ghost if they still have old stock.

In other words, I'd buy from ghost and buy a stealth. Avoid middlemen warranty issues.

Stdudez

Sup ladies and gents - just wanted to drop in for the first time and say I switched to the MV1 Stealth from the Haze Square Pro back around Black Friday. Love everything about the Ghost! The Haze has been shelved since and only used once lol.

Also Ghost CS is amazing. My latch door broke and Virgil had me setup with a new unit immediately and had it shipped out the next day. Amazing portable vape!

Last edited:
Top Bottom