***Gamers*** What are you playing?

justcametomind

I’m playing Hades on the Switch atm. I also got Super Mario 3D All Stars but I had enough. Mario Sunshine and 64 are quite frustrating, too difficult for me. Especially when they are not launch titles with few games to play with.
I got bored as well of Zelda Botw but played the hell out of it for the same reason of being a launch title.
I hope they stop openworld-ing Zelda titles and games in general. People don’t have all that time and all that focus on a single game. At least me.

justcametomind,

zor

Playing through Demon's Souls again on my ps3 in anticipation of the remake.

On PC I began craving Quest for Glory 4, an old sierra adventure game. Perfect for halloween!

zor,

Chandler

BOTW absolutely captivated me. One of my favorite games of all time for sure. RDR2 was excellent as well. On the other hand, I couldn’t get into Horizon Zero Dawn or Ghost of Tsushima at all.
Interesting. Vs the two games you mentioned, I was saying through out botw, if they implemented these mechanics into a more serious game like ZeroDawn or Ghosts tsushi... Would be awesome. Zero dawn especially.
Demon's Souls again on my ps3 in anticipation of the remake.
I fell in love with Demon Souls. Eventually got stuck. I never beat the souls games I play them until I can't stand them

Chandler,

Zoltani

I've been playing Days Gone on ps4. When the game came out I passed on it due to terrible reviews, but saw it was on sale for $20 and picked it up. Wow, it is an amazing game, a little slow to start, but super fun. This is one game people slept on for sure.

SquirrelMaster

I need to give THPS a try, the original was amazing. I've just about finished up Red Dead 2, what a fantastic story. I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley and No Man's Sky with my son lately. I have so many games in my backlog. God of War and FF7 need some attention because after Cyberpunk 2077 releases I won't be playing anything else.

Drug

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for CP2077 as well, though the latest gangs trailer seemed kind of out of place comically and was riddled with clichéd stereotypes I find boring.

Any of you already pre-ordered their next console? I was gonna go for a PS5 with disc, but the slots got filled up real quick here in the Netherlands so I missed it. I'm okay with it as I've still got a lot of backlog on current gen, some great titles, and I know once that PS5 gets here that becomes the focus. I think I'll upgrade once the PS5 patches for games like CP2077 start dropping, can probably pick it up bundled with a game as well by then. And if MS really starts shining again with their gamepass they might win me back for a Series S and a subscription, that seems to become the bang for buck choice.

SquirrelMaster

Yeah I'm pretty hyped for CP2077 as well, though the latest gangs trailer seemed kind of out of place comically and was riddled with clichéd stereotypes I find boring.

Any of you already pre-ordered their next console? I was gonna go for a PS5 with disc, but the slots got filled up real quick here in the Netherlands so I missed it. I'm okay with it as I've still got a lot of backlog on current gen, some great titles, and I know once that PS5 gets here that becomes the focus. I think I'll upgrade once the PS5 patches for games like CP2077 start dropping, can probably pick it up bundled with a game as well by then. And if MS really starts shining again with their gamepass they might win me back for a Series S and a subscription, that seems to become the bang for buck choice.
CP2077 will be GOTY, I'm sure of it. I don't like to bet on games but CDPR is going to kill it. I've been waiting many years for this game :lol:. I'll eat my words if its not, but I don't see that happening.

I want a PS5 so bad. I watched them go live but now is not the time sp I'll wait a bit before I buy one. I was going to get a Switch but with a lot of talk of a new Switch early next year I can wait that out too. Need a 3080 at some point too :D. Too much cool shit to buy!

Chandler

Corona gave me time to appreciate games again. Seeing the opportunities n capabilities of the upcoming gen, this is where me n my friends imagined games getting to in the early 90's. Playing the cut scenes. Graphical fidelity of the likes of toystory. No load times! Exciting. Makes me also want to grab both. An xbS and a disk less ps...
But I ain't grabbing either anytime soon. Looking forward to what they got in store for the summer n next fall.

Chandler,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I usually never have current games. I upgrade to the previous gen once the new one comes out and the previous gen system goes on sale, or even buy it used. Then I can go every other week to the used games store and pick up a couple games for twenty bucks or less

The newest system I currently own is a PS3. I'll probably pick up a PS4 once the PS5 comes out and I can get a PS4 for significantly less than I can now.

Although I will say that it's awfully tempting to get a PS5 just for CP2077. I've always been a fan of cyberpunk literature and movies, and I've been waiting for that game since they first started talking about it years ago. Awfully tempting.

hinglemccringleberry

FIFA 17
Not much time for gaming anymore
Back in the day it was all about PC shooters--Unreal Tournament, Half Life 2, Doom 3, Far Cry were big the last time I built a computer.

Total long shot .... Was anyone here a member at the rage3d forums?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Flow

ginolicious

I’ve moved onto Super Mario Party for the Switch. Unreal game with friends and family. Actually just family and girlfriend. Not seeing friends haha. And by family. I mean my 3 year old son and my 6 year old daughter haha. Animal crossing has taken a back seat. But I did log 320 hours on that game since March. I would say I got my money’s worth on that.

Tranquility

86447664.jpeg

Tranquility

Are you serious? That’s unreal!!!

I’ll probably go ps5. Love gran turismo. Steep price for the console. Going to have to wait for sure.
Blue check, so it seems official. I suspect it is from all the youtube videos out there showing "smoke" blowing out of the cooling fan. (Purportedly to show it gets so hot it smokes.) Probably more of a brand-upholding tweet than a customer service one. But, you never know.

ginolicious

Xbox is totally the cheaper buy thats for sure. But I dunno, I feel their launch lineup isnt the greatest. I also feel they do not hae that many exclusives. I do love Gears of War. Never a big Halo fan though. Just seems the PS has better exclusives to be honest. Always has it feels for me. My last big console like those was the PS3. Loved the free online. Now that you have to apy regardless of console, totally cheeses me out. I been running my Switch for a few years, love it. Something about couch mutliplayer that I truly love.

ginolicious,
I love my PS4/Switch combo. Covers all my bases. I'm not sure when I'll get a PS5. Whenever the first must-have exclusive is out, I guess.

I just picked up Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PS4. Pretty fun so far! Loved the first game, and this is more of the same.

letter never sent,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Spaced Invader

Currently playing Call of Duty: World At War. Great FPS on the PC. The game's about 12 years old but missed it when it was released originally.

Spaced Invader,
Reactions: robm321
Top Bottom