Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I understand that Bud went through some tough times, and I feel for him. That being said, that forum was a shitshow for some time towards the end. I put my name on like six different threads asking to get in line for that vape, and every single time I was first told "ok, you're definitely in line now because you replied to this thread" and then a few days later it'd be "no, not that thread, this thread." So I'd add my name to that thread, usually also asking "Is this the right thread? Am I on the waiting list now?" To which crickets. I @'d Bud several times, once got an "Oh yeah, I need to clean up the list." When the final platoon was posted my name was nowhere to be found. Numerous people who added their names long after mine were on the list. I checked. I get that it was a difficult situation, but this seekrit club "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line is ridiculous.

I was on the wait list for a year before I had a chance to buy one, I honestly thought it would be longer seeing what was going on. Shit happens I don't think they were messing with you on purpose.

Creeper,

jbm

I was on the wait list for a year before I had a chance to buy one, I honestly thought it would be longer seeing what was going on. Shit happens I don't think they were messing with you on purpose.
Neither do I, I think they were just incompetent, and after the third time I replied to a waitlist thread I realized the writing was on the wall. I’m annoyed by the “if you knew what I knew” argument. It’s useless and condescending.

jbm,

LabPong

Neither do I, I think they were just incompetent, and after the third time I replied to a waitlist thread I realized the writing was on the wall. I’m annoyed by the “if you knew what I knew” argument. It’s useless and condescending.

You are easily annoyed.....sorry

And how do you feel about RBT? I gave Ryan some shit on here for his business abilities....but I like the Z and understand him and his business....not much diff than VC's venture in my mind. But they are what they are....whine, praise, roll eyes......they made some good vapes anyway!

jbm

And how do you feel about RBT? I gave Ryan some shit on here for his business abilities....but I like the Z and understand him and his business....not much diff than VC's venture in my mind. But they are what they are....whine, praise, roll eyes......they made some good vapes anyway!
I like RBT. I own a number of his vapes. Ryan’s been straight up with me when I’ve dealt with him.

jbm,

Vapster707

You are easily annoyed.....sorry

I see tha RBT and bud as 2 very different things ... From my understanding of tha video RBT made he's at least makin plans and workin with other companies to help with fixin problems with his vapes ... Also RBT has several different products and vapes ... I find it funny ghost and haze got bashed by many includin bud for closein up shop and runnin away yet bud did tha samethin ...

Vapster707,

Baron23

Nope I never got a G43 was in line my number was called I didn't get one because I wasn't sure it was for me I want simple pop a battery in not a mod and not have to buy a bunch of new button top batteries...

What does sour me is how bud just jumped ship plan and simple ... Bud bashed other companies for leaving most high and dry yet he did tha same shit...
Really? And exactly what skin did you have in the game? Send him any money? No, because he didn't take payments from the wait list. Wait, are you stuck with a broken $99 vape? Oh, no...you didn't get one.

Mostly your recent comments remind me most of this word:

schadenfreude: enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others

Vapster707

Really? And exactly what skin did you have in the game? Send him any money? No, because he didn't take payments from the wait list. Wait, are you stuck with a broken $99 vape? Oh, no...you didn't get one.

Mostly your recent comments remind me most of this word:

schadenfreude: enjoyment obtained from the troubles of others

Hhmmm nice word ... Is that from a word of tha day calendar ???

Ur right I had no skin in tha game but as someone that invested time on buds site and was fairly excited about tha g43 I feel I can give my opinion ... Now maybe its not tha boot lickin opinion u like but its my own and I'm free to have it and express it ... I never wish ill will on anyone and I do hope bud is doin better but how he dropped tha site and everything was wrong ... Just like how bud felt and expressed how ghost and haze was wrong ...

Vapster707,

Baron23

Hhmmm nice word ... Is that from a word of tha day calendar ???
No, it was the surprise in a box of Jacker Jacks.

You are entitled to your opinion...no matter how either erudite or muddle headed it may be.

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Both Haze and Ghost kept selling vapes and parts at a time that they KNEW they would be shuttering the shop and never said a word. Just took the money and stuck people. Also, both Ghost and Haze had explicit warranties that, when they shut down, they bailed on.

Bud, on the other hand, kept making G43's after making his announcement and shutting down the board. He told people how many vapes he could make with his available parts. People knew he was shutting down. Bud didn't make any warranty promises. And @Cl4ud3 handled the wait list (what seems to be part of the cause of your butt chapping) trying very hard to keep track of requests on an open board with people opening multiple threads for the same thing.

And what do you care if he left the site up or not? It was his feeling that some folks may actually want to go back and reference content that they put out the effort to create, or perhaps others would like it as a long term archive.

And you just stated to @LabPong that you got on the list, your number was called, and you choose not to buy one....as it seems you would rather just trash the guy here on FC.

Vapster707

And they say u get shity prizes in them boxes now ...

Will its not like I can give my opinion about this on bud's site 🤔 ...

And because ur his #1 boy I know u wont see things any different and thats ok ... I also know u know all tha back story and blah blah blah and I dont but it doesn't change how I see it ...

Also I've not trashed bud I just think he bailed and handled it wrong ...

After this I wont reply on this thread dont wanna get in trouble for taken it off track ...

Last edited:
Vapster707,

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO

You are entitled to your opinion...no matter how either erudite or muddle headed it may be.

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Both Haze and Ghost kept selling vapes and parts at a time that they KNEW they would be shuttering the shop and never said a word. Just took the money and stuck people. Also, both Ghost and Haze had explicit warranties that, when they shut down, they bailed on.

Bud, on the other hand, kept making G43's after making his announcement and shutting down the board. He told people how many vapes he could make with his available parts. People knew he was shutting down. Bud didn't make any warranty promises. And @Cl4ud3 handled the wait list (what seems to be part of the cause of your butt chapping) trying very hard to keep track of requests on an open board with people opening multiple threads for the same thing.

And what do you care if he left the site up or not? It was his feeling that some folks may actually want to go back and reference content that they put out the effort to create, or perhaps others would like it as a long term archive.

And you just stated to @LabPong that you got on the list, your number was called, and you choose not to buy one....as it seems you would rather just trash the guy here on FC.
You are so Right. Other companies closed up, and were still raking it in because their vapes were still for sale. In Bud's case he closed up shop kept the list and I notice there is no way of paying. I am sure he could still accept, but that isn't the Bud we know and love. Peace, Love & Vape ^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^

PS - The G43 is an absolute beast. Its a shame it didn't work out.

Vape Master,
Reactions: Creeper

Cl4ud3

@Cl4ud3 handled the wait list (what seems to be part of the cause of your butt chapping)
As Baron said I was in charge of the wait list and inherited it at the end of 2019. I had several people ask me why they weren't on the list and when I asked them to show me where on the forum they had asked I was given excuses like "I don't have time to look" or other similar statements. I checked several users posts from first to last and nowhere on the forum did they ask to be added.

The person doing the list before me relied on people following the convention asked for, which was to tag that user and you would be added, it was hardly our fault if people were too lazy to read the first post of a thread which contained all the information needed.

I had to rely on checking every post because I wasn't being tagged to get added, I went through hundreds of posts, in multiple threads, and put everyone in the correct order including people who had been missed by the previous list holder. I had a database of all names that would have then been used to make the new platoons. Bud inserted people into the older groups later on when I showed members who had been missed. The final groups he put up weren't even the last of them and I could have put up another 10 groups at least there were that many people wanting on it.

To those saying "I saw people get on the list before me" there were a lot of people on that list a second time, a lot of people who had asked on this forum that asked on Vapelife later to make sure they had been added. There were even people added that I couldn't see as they had spoken to Bud directly in messages here or on Vapelife. Bud chose where all these people went but they were all done fairly and in the rough times they had asked.

I even contacted users here that had asked from a list Bud gave me. If this isn't good enough for anyone then honestly I couldn't care less.

karec

And they say u get shity prizes in them boxes now ...

Will its not like I can give my opinion about this on bud's site 🤔 ...

And because ur his #1 boy I know u wont see things any different and thats ok ... I also know u know all tha back story and blah blah blah and I dont but it doesn't change how I see it ...

Also I've not trashed bud I just think he bailed and handled it wrong ...

After this I wont reply on this thread dont wanna get in trouble for taken it off track ...

I understand people still wanting the G43 and sad there is no new Gs around, its a great device, but i think you cannot compare Bud situation with Ghost and Haze.
You are entitled to your opinion off course but Bud was straight forward saying what could be done with the spares parts he had, warranty and ETAs, he never took people money upfront even when people were willing to sent it, actually he gave a lot of free stuff even taking the postage costs.
Looks like you drop the ball when your number was called....

Regarding the seekrit club of vapelife, never felt i was in one, i def miss Bud and vapelife forum!

Cheers
😎

Vape Master

Formerly C3PO
As Baron said I was in charge of the wait list and inherited it at the end of 2019. I had several people ask me why they weren't on the list and when I asked them to show me where on the forum they had asked I was given excuses like "I don't have time to look" or other similar statements. I checked several users posts from first to last and nowhere on the forum did they ask to be added.

The person doing the list before me relied on people following the convention asked for, which was to tag that user and you would be added, it was hardly our fault if people were too lazy to read the first post of a thread which contained all the information needed.

I had to rely on checking every post because I wasn't being tagged to get added, I went through hundreds of posts, in multiple threads, and put everyone in the correct order including people who had been missed by the previous list holder. I had a database of all names that would have then been used to make the new platoons. Bud inserted people into the older groups later on when I showed members who had been missed. The final groups he put up weren't even the last of them and I could have put up another 10 groups at least there were that many people wanting on it.

To those saying "I saw people get on the list before me" there were a lot of people on that list a second time, a lot of people who had asked on this forum that asked on Vapelife later to make sure they had been added. There were even people added that I couldn't see as they had spoken to Bud directly in messages here or on Vapelife. Bud chose where all these people went but they were all done fairly and in the rough times they had asked.

I even contacted users here that had asked from a list Bud gave me. If this isn't good enough for anyone then honestly I couldn't care less.

I remember the scenario. You are 100% accurate. I was very active on VapeLife and there were people who didn't sign up but wanted to complain there way onto the waiting list.

Chandler

Sorry for all those that did not get a G43
indeed. A shame yall missed out. Especially at the original pricepoint
he is one of the nicest and generous people I have met in this industry.
Agreed. Bud was the first person in the vape community to show me love, help and kindness. He would send out gifts occasionally for fun. No contest, To the ppl who frequent his site. 'who needs a case for their crafty'? I do! Shocked when it arrived. 'Who needs a dab tool?' 'lost my mine bud'! Boom, here's another in the mail. Made falling in love with this vape community easy!
If one didn't frequent Bud's site they'd have missed out on the kind opportunities n all the other things that made him a great dude. A pioneer in the vape world for sure
And how do you feel about RBT? I gave Ryan some shit on here for his business abilities....but I like the Z and understand him and his business.
I like the Z too! Weeks ago dude from Thcdelivery.ca got a batch of splinter WPA's. Ordered 2, the inner dimensions were wrong. Og splinterz screens would fall out. Msg'd Sachin. Found real quick whole batch was off... He sent me two emails bashing rbt and their business practice. Issues on a few matters. The WPA's weren't from rbt, but from whoever does their glass in china.. I thought about sharing those emails. But what purpose would it serve to post a man's ramblings about something that is now discontinued. Especially when the device rocks.
The G43 is an absolute beast.
indeed it is!

Nice to see G43 chatter. Still sad I broke the slide on my og. I've refused to take out my backup out of fear of damage. Great thing I got a sledges as well!!! :cool:just need button top batteries

VirginVape10X

I recently acquired a second-hand G43 sled and was wondering if I’m using it correctly to avoid short circuiting and overheating. So far, I’ve had to let the battery sit in the cradle for roughly 4 minutes and one protected battery only lasts 30 minutes. Thankfully, seller provided me with 2 batteries so I can have an hour session. Is this typical? Also, is there any way to convert the unregulated sled into a regulated mod version using the same cord? Tia!

Hippie

In a recent video by Troy (ohmygodimsohigh) he showed us how he's got his sled version hooked up to a power supply

I would like to share this video:
edit:-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA0YaESn_I-----
Some great idea on this video, i love the idea of a plugged "G" (like Kenny has), if someone can share link about all those connectors, greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers

You could do the same but wire it up to a rebuildable ecig atomizer deck instead of a power supply and step down.

LabPong

In a recent video by Troy (ohmygodimsohigh) he showed us how he's got his sled version hooked up to a power supply

You could do the same but wire it up to a rebuildable ecig atomizer deck instead of a power supply and step down.

Thanks to Troy and some others......the G-43 "wall powered" vape is ALIVE! lol arse kicker more than ever!

LabPong

That is what the first G-43 was. Mod G-43.

LabPong,

LabPong

Did you make one?👇

Tell us more !! what kind of power supply do you use? what kind of cable/coonector? Is it hard to do?, thank you ;) !!
@ohmygodimsohigh

Ok.....I am going to spill the beans here after using this for some time now like several others.

Get a full adjustable PS......amps and volts. Most of us have been using this larger one because of the adjust-ability. Eventek 3010D

The small ones like used for the Art of Vapor controller and i think some of the log vapes use.......do not have the ability to adjust amperage and micro adjust as well. But the small ones will work for 20-$30.

All you need to do is connect the PS wires inline to the G43 wires. The big PS comes with alligator clips to stick onto the G Sled easily, but for the G Mod, you will need to take the wires off the 510 connector.

I made my own 16guage silicone wires directly connected to the PS posts and then I used the stock connection in the G43 from my mod version.

I then mounted the wires coming out of the top of the glass on the handle with a semi loose piece of shrink wrap. So I disconnect the G from the power cord if needed for storage or what ever. Most of the time it stays connected and i just wind up the 33 inches of wire and wrap it around the power supply with the G in a glass stand on top of it. This way I can have the large PS well away from my loading using zone on my desk.

Power-G431.jpg

Power-G43-2.jpg

Running at 3.08amp/3.6v............it is a G43 on steroids setup with the PS! Just like the 7th Floor SSV with balls.....super powered desktops that can not be rivaled in medical potency!!!! Believe me......it is much different and puts you on a level you have not been on most likely.

karec

Ok.....I am going to spill the beans here after using this for some time now like several others.

Get a full adjustable PS......amps and volts. Most of us have been using this larger one because of the adjust-ability. Eventek 3010D

The small ones like used for the Art of Vapor controller and i think some of the log vapes use.......do not have the ability to adjust amperage and micro adjust as well. But the small ones will work for 20-$30.

All you need to do is connect the PS wires inline to the G43 wires. The big PS comes with alligator clips to stick onto the G Sled easily, but for the G Mod, you will need to take the wires off the 510 connector.

I made my own 16guage silicone wires directly connected to the PS posts and then I used the stock connection in the G43 from my mod version.

I then mounted the wires coming out of the top of the glass on the handle with a semi loose piece of shrink wrap. So I disconnect the G from the power cord if needed for storage or what ever. Most of the time it stays connected and i just wind up the 33 inches of wire and wrap it around the power supply with the G in a glass stand on top of it. This way I can have the large PS well away from my loading using zone on my desk.

Power-G431.jpg

Power-G43-2.jpg

Running at 3.08amp/3.6v............it is a G43 on steroids setup with the PS! Just like the 7th Floor SSV with balls.....super powered desktops that can not be rivaled in medical potency!!!! Believe me......it is much different and puts you on a level you have not been on most likely.

2 nights ago i was reading this thread, i was intrigued by this Power MOD for the G43, i own de Mod version one of the initial units, great device and having it on steroids is really appealing 😏, i still want to have the use for portability so i need an extra cable and the Power Supply something to look forward in the future. This would make a great stream with Bud...

Cheers
😎

Hippie

Wow! I didn't realise I have been posting about my wall powered G setup for over a year now
glad you guys like it lol

LabPong

Hippie.....I was thinking way back.....and thought someone and even Bud had tried it once....but I think Bud did not have a fully adjustable PS like your using.

How has your wall G held up? Do you use it often still?

Hippie

I've not been using it much recently to be honest as I've been doing a lot of DiY G style vape building and testing but my original G still rocks like day one and still the benchmark I use to test my builds against.
I've been using standard male and female boro glass stems in small cups to make log Gs that I can install with wire or soldering iron elements, the last few weeks, comparing the ceramic, wire, TC and wattage mode performance and stuff.
As of today I now have 4 working G logs, 2 x 18mm male and female temp controlled soldering iron ones (that connect to my 936D soldering iron box) and 2 x 18mm male and female ones with SS wire (that I can power via mod or wall power).
So far Bud's idea to use SS wire and wattage (or voltage) control is still the winner in my book.
TC works OK but I think it's too slow to react with the sensor in the element so there's no real gain for the extra expense, the extra space the element needs in the tube, or the size of the control box in comparison to SS and a step down.

Top Bottom