Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I tried my best to replicate yesterday but could not get it quite opaque...
3 bowls later and I need a break...LMAO!

This thread has been a bit sparse in the videos lately...
So here are my 3 attempts, all done at 12.5Watts and a 5 minute heat up initially.
The G75 can extract a whole bowl in one hit if you have the lung capacity. I ran out of space...LOL!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!!!
I send you very potent, cloudy clouds of vapor!

Cool!!

Nice steam sauna running over there @lazylathe :D
:cheers:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
I’m all for more G43 videos! :love:

Forgive my ignorance but I’m struggling to understand why increasing the number of glass balls would improve the G43 experience. What benefit(s) are you attributing to this hack?

By the way, I assume you’re aware that it’s called a G43 because it has a Glass slide with a 4mm glass rod and 3mm glass balls, so it has nothing to do with the number of balls :peace:

EDIT: More balls have a larger thermal mass that will reduce the amount of heat lost when you draw, which will facilitate a longer hit and fuller extraction.

Thanks for correcting me! Now i know.

More mass to heat up means bigger hits with more extraction and you can extract more hot air from a larger mass. Recovery time is also drastically decreased.

Just saw your edit, correct!

LabPong

Pretty sure that you and I won't make it to our spot on the waitlist, partner.

Shows over, Bud quit.

RIP

He is making what is left of all the parts and selling them off...he said maybe about 70 more and that is it. But he is selling the vape with a bunch of extra parts he had as accessories and such in his shop...so you get the vape and a bunch of extra glass parts and stuff for $199. This way he gets rid of most all the stuff he bought for his store I am guessing.

So some of you just might get the chance even though your deeper in the list.....as many will opt out now.

G-43 is still one of my top 3 vapes!

LabPong

I have one of the Beta units of the G43 and since the beginning have noticed a wiggle and some extra room in my unit. My one mod so far is to place a small bit of cotton in the air inlet as it add a tiny bit more restriction and works well for me.

I removed all the internal screens and balls carefully onto a towel.
I then pushed the heater as far as it would go into the stem and pushed the glass screen from the other side.
The balls were then added back, plus another 32!!
The screens bent out a bit and replaced and we are good to go!

Welcome to the G75!
Everything is nice and tight and compact inside now with zero movement.

A fully loaded stem at 12.5Watts and a 5 minute heat up is insane!!
Take a hit and hold for a bit, exhale and wonder at the flavor.
Go in for another hit and amazing vapor again.
Same for 3rd hit till it tapered off at the end of the hit.
Very short, no more than 30 seconds before hits recovery time now. Much better.
Extracted the whole stem in 3 massive hits!

Sad this little guy had such a short life.

Can you show a pic of your slide....I was trying to figure out where you gained extra room for more balls as I read this awhile ago.

I'm guessing because you moved the heater element down just a bit and pushed the glass screen up from the bottom...maybe you got an extra layer or two from that. Then having the bottom 2 cupped screens moved a bit lower than normal gave you another 1-2 layers or balls?

I am going to try this with my beta unit as well. Thanks for any pics to help....

lazylathe

Almost there...
Can you show a pic of your slide....I was trying to figure out where you gained extra room for more balls as I read this awhile ago.

I'm guessing because you moved the heater element down just a bit and pushed the glass screen up from the bottom...maybe you got an extra layer or two from that. Then having the bottom 2 cupped screens moved a bit lower than normal gave you another 1-2 layers or balls?

I am going to try this with my beta unit as well. Thanks for any pics to help....

Pics won't really show anything unfortunately since I only gained about 5mm more space.
Just remove the beads, gently push the heater rod down and then push the glass screen up as high as it will allow. Make sure you did not distort any wires!!
Add beads and screens and you are good to go!

@VapeEnthusiast

Those are the beads I am thinking of getting or ceramic.
We will see what happens as I could also use them in my incoming Elev8r!

LabPong

Pics won't really show anything unfortunately since I only gained about 5mm more space.
Just remove the beads, gently push the heater rod down and then push the glass screen up as high as it will allow. Make sure you did not distort any wires!!
Add beads and screens and you are good to go!

So on yours....the 2 bottom screens that hold it all in the slide...are in the exact position as before...just bent up a bit and you got another 5mm of space from that only? That is what I wanted to see....how you stacked another 32 balls in there....seems like the only way is to lower the bottom screen from original position. I wonder if your beta unit did not have as many balls as it could or should?

I seem to recall there being about 50-60 some balls in the stock build? I never took any of mine apart to clean them....so I never had the chance to count any of them.

EDIT.....
I can not do this to my beta G......I forgot I sent that one to SB to turn into a sledzilla...should be back here tomorrow for testing after I solder up some wires.

But I just took apart my production mod G.....it has 76 balls in it. lol I was just a little off....

Id like to add balls above the pinch and then maybe a lite layer of cotton to hold them there good enough for cautious use.

I am not sure about adding too much below the heater and into the joint area. I do not load stock and use the Elev8r bowl anyway....so I could add balls lower..but then have to possibly etch some glass for the screens to grab onto. Or I can just fill the whole thing and use 2 screens at the bottom....one domed inside and then the rimed basket screen. hummmmmm

I will test it like that........brb

Last edited:

LabPong

Ok....after a couple hours of messing around with making a few new screen parts and cleaning my rig and all the other parts off.....I had 3 sessions with the reworked glass hog. lol

I now have 120 balls total in my G43 Mod. I had to up the watts to 10.5-10.6. Gave it a good 5 min warm up....then at about 5:30 I hit it....took a few seconds more to get the vapor going and got a good first hit. Then I let it sit for just 30 seconds while I quick stirred and got a sip. Hit it harder and got a big ol slammer hit. I still have to pull a few seconds more than normal draw length and it seems less efficient for sure on the battery drain. But I was using 2 cells that were not fully charged.

It did take away some of the taste and added restriction. I moved the heater and glass spacer down about 6-8mm down from stock position...and then added 3 full rows of balls and a few wedged in-between 2 of the pinches. The 3rd pinch area was the only one to let balls pass through....so that worked out great as I only had to plug one entrance with a cut up piece of SS screen.

Then the heater and screens stick below the start of the joint and fill up about 40% of the normal bowl area. I just used one reshaped 1/2 domed screen with a larger one on top of that. There were 3 screens holding the balls in with my stock production G.....I think maybe my beta only had 2....not sure. But the way I shaped the last bigger screen...it holds in pretty tight with no etching of the inner glass area for screen bite.

I might take out a few layers....maybe 20-30 balls and repack it tomorrow. The way it is setup....would be awesome for many high powered draws. I just need 3-4....so I am going to shoot for going back half way to stock from how I have it now. I did not like the longer draw need and a slightly diminished taste...I think putting the heater closer to the load also did something....my Elev8r bowl gets a little warm at the top now because the heater comes down that far.

I could get several back to back draws when it was on after 6-7 mins. :science:

Max3334

Hi I had another question, I think I found the problem with my g43 and the weird unstable wattage and loss of heat it’s the connectors from the G43 wiring that goes to the atomizer the crimp is bad possibly loose. I don’t mind tinkering if you could just inform me of what type of wire they used for the connection to the atomizer it’s a thin but strong maybe 24g wire but I’m not sure as well as the material I don’t want to alter anything. And would soldiering be ok or would that mess with the ohm. I can alway crimp it like it was originally?

Max3334,

LabPong

Hi I had another question, I think I found the problem with my g43 and the weird unstable wattage and loss of heat it’s the connectors from the G43 wiring that goes to the atomizer the crimp is bad possibly loose. I don’t mind tinkering if you could just inform me of what type of wire they used for the connection to the atomizer it’s a thin but strong maybe 24g wire but I’m not sure as well as the material I don’t want to alter anything. And would soldiering be ok or would that mess with the ohm. I can alway crimp it like it was originally?

Check your PM's

LabPong,

Chandler

Hitting G43. Some king louis XIII.. thinking about @VapeCritic. BUD I hope you're doing well!

I'm vaping all day n night, not working due to covid n I consider, if my full time job involved blazing all day. After years of constant 24 hour use at some point, naturally depending on personality, mental fortitude, stress, life style etc... (and every other plethora of variables) it's easy to see how excessive mj usage could have negative lingering psychological effects.
Once your love for MJ fades its time to hang it up n move on. Find peace of mind through other means... Apologies. G n King L got me all sentimental...

My original thought as I began posting was, can we start a g43 thread on NFC so g43 info lives on n continues regardless of discontinued. I doubt bud will be the one to start it... I could, but there's rules to this shit, a step by step booklet for you to get, your game on track not yo...... I'm bout to go back to g. Load a fresh battery in memory of @VapeCritic

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Last edited:
Shit Snacks,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Hang on, hold up, wtf is going on? Something happened to Bud? I had some shit on my end and disappeared but I came back here because it feels like my connector is about to go and I read it's discontinued???

Can someone bring me up to speed nothing was mentioned in the last few pages I read.

Creeper,

Razshiro

Hang on, hold up, wtf is going on? Something happened to Bud? I had some shit on my end and disappeared but I came back here because it feels like my connector is about to go and I read it's discontinued???

Can someone bring me up to speed nothing was mentioned in the last few pages I read.
:rolleyes::(
My G43 still running strong, one of my best vape for sure !!!

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
WAIT NOW FC.com IS GOING DOWN, WTFFFFFFFFF!!! Seriously I'm away for a few weeks and boom the whole online vape universe is fucking changing... 2020, the year everything got fucked ‍♂️

At least I secured the username I originally wanted on the new FC.com. Someone might be pissed lolol.

Bud says he is still available via his website but we'll see. Has anyone encountered the "no atomizer" problem and found a solution? I'm so scared to use my G43 now cause if I break it... I can't think about it.

Creeper,
Reactions: Chandler

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
WAIT NOW FC.com IS GOING DOWN, WTFFFFFFFFF!!!
Don't worry, FC is not going down. ;)

:peace:

Chandler

so scared to use my G43 now cause if I break it... I can't think about it.
Jumped out my bed 20 mins ago. G43 along with P80 hopped off with me. Smash. First g43., went strong for the past year n a half? Very disappointed. Sucks there's no support. If only I could ould get another slide.
@Creeper available on his website? But no way to interact. The shop is down it seems

Last edited:

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Jumped out my bed 20 mins ago. G43 along with P80 hopped off with me. Smash. First g43., went strong for the past year n a half? Very disappointed. Sucks there's no support. If only I could ould get another slide.
@Creeper available on his website? But no way to interact. The shop is down it seems

That sucks I'm sorry to read about your mishap. Unfortunately I never got a response from Bud so we're on our own. I'm thinking of switching the connector on my unit to something in the R/C electronics world like a Dean's or XT60 connection, it takes quite a bit of effort to get the P80 to detect the G43... 😬

Creeper,
Reactions: Chandler

sickmanfraud

I am finally ready to answer the questions of how many sessions/ hits can you get from one battery....

If I am paying attention, I can get several 1 hit sessions. If I get distracted then I would say 0-1 bowl before the battery is empty.

Top Bottom