Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

6Pence

Jumped out my bed 20 mins ago. G43 along with P80 hopped off with me. Smash. First g43., went strong for the past year n a half? Very disappointed. Sucks there's no support. If only I could ould get another slide.
@Creeper available on his website? But no way to interact. The shop is down it seems
If you get ahold of SouthboundPacaderm he might be able to help you.
you can still reply on Buds forum to existing post. I have sent messages to other members also.

6Pence,
Reactions: Chandler

Chandler

@6Pence hmm. Not working for me. There's no place to make a post in existing threads, n clicking someone's name gives you their info but no option to message.

Chandler,

Cl4ud3

Jumped out my bed 20 mins ago. G43 along with P80 hopped off with me. Smash. First g43., went strong for the past year n a half? Very disappointed. Sucks there's no support. If only I could ould get another slide.
@Creeper available on his website? But no way to interact. The shop is down it seems
I doubt you will get an answer from Bud on the forum or other social media as he hasn't been back since the forum closed. Even with a new slide you wouldn't be able to put it back together without stripping everything including all crimp connections.

Wish I could give you a better answer.

LabPong

Chandler sorry you broke your G43.....chances of getting another slide is close to 0..... Southbound does not have any glass slides and Bud only had a small amount left that would not even cover half the waiting list.

Chandler

@LabPong thanks.yea it sucks. That bad boy was going for a minute. Such an unlikely, untimely way to go. However I'm blessed. I have a backup (that I'm afraid to break out) and a sledg. Reminds of something @Baron23 used to reiterate 'G43 is a consumable item'. Which indeed it is, especially without support. Great while it lasted.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
My connector is failing on my unit, the P80 is having a hell of a time trying to find the G43. Anyone have any success replacing the connection? I'm thinking of using something from the R/C world like Dean's or XT60 connectors.

Creeper,

Hippie

The connector in the middle is a JST SM 2 pin (2.5mm)
I would tighten down the screws on the atomizer first.
Then I would also try bending the pins in the jst connector a little to see if you can make a better connection before you go stripping off the one that's on there at the moment.
You don't really NEED a crimping tool, if you want to fit a new one, a good squish with the pliers will do

I have one on the end of my 12V 5A PSU and step down (dps3005 or zk-j5X), the video is unavailable to me but I'm guessing that's a plugged G?

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@Hippie tightening the connections at the adapter was what I did first. I will however try bending the connectors I never thought of that thank you.

Creeper,
Reactions: Hippie

6Pence

I’m sad I never got a G or even got to use one, and was there from the start of “Project A” or what ever Bud was calling it.
i feel like I missed out.
~ How do you guys feel about someone else picking up the torch?
~ would you consider this an abandoned project?
~ Would Bud be pissed?

6Pence,
  • Wow
Reactions: chaos191

LabPong

I’m sad I never got a G or even got to use one, and was there from the start of “Project A” or what ever Bud was calling it.
i feel like I missed out.
~ How do you guys feel about someone else picking up the torch?
~ would you consider this an abandoned project?
~ Would Bud be pissed?

Bummed for you man.....though you had got one at the end there.

I will just say this......things can happen and there is a big support group ready to help if needed....but not unless Bud makes the decision...he is just chilling now on vapes...give him some time and we will see if he is re-invigorated to start the project again.

That said....the "wall G43" is real......and it is something that pushes vapor beyond the normal sled and mod G43 version. Those that have them....respect Bud and are not going to just go out and start making/selling them. We all feel that is it his vape and even though he was cool for his design to be picked up by one of the major companies to be mass produced....we hope that Bud will be the one to make any decisions going into the future if the G43 can live on if at all possible.

My connector is failing on my unit, the P80 is having a hell of a time trying to find the G43. Anyone have any success replacing the connection? I'm thinking of using something from the R/C world like Dean's or XT60 connectors.

Which connector? Did you also check the connections at the RDA? But yea...go with either of those 2 connectors, I was going to do that but fixed my issue and have not had to go that route yet.

Chandler

the "wall G43" is real......and it is something that pushes vapor beyond the normal sled and mod G43 version.
Wait, what? WallG43??!! Watched the first 20 mins of troy n them in the video.
So I just need to connect a DC female end to the sledge then connect to vvps?

Chandler,
Reactions: chaos191

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I would like to share this video:
edit:-----https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA0YaESn_I-----
Some great idea on this video, i love the idea of a plugged "G" (like Kenny has), if someone can share link about all those connectors, greatly appreciated ;)

Cheers

Cool to see these experiments, been messing with similar stuff and dig the open source mission!
Cheers gents
:wave:

invertedisdead,
Reactions: Razshiro

Vapster707

Glad I never got caught up in this BS ... IMO bud is just like ghost and haze ... Tough time bad vapes not enough money so dude took his ball and bailed on everybody ... Closed his site but left it up like some sad ass abandoned bud temple ...

Vapster707,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Which connector? Did you also check the connections at the RDA? But yea...go with either of those 2 connectors, I was going to do that but fixed my issue and have not had to go that route yet.

The main JST 2.5 one. Even bending the wires didn't resolve the issue but it seems to detect the G43 a bit faster than before.

Bud has reached out to me via email about my issue and I responded but haven't had a subsequent response yet, was nice to see he's around and trying to help me out though.

I don't know much about the issues of his exit and frankly don't care, he's made a kick ass vape that saved my sanity with everything going on so he's good in my books.

LabPong

Glad I never got caught up in this BS ... IMO bud is just like ghost and haze ... Tough time bad vapes not enough money so dude took his ball and bailed on everybody ... Closed his site but left it up like some sad ass abandoned bud temple ...

There are many things you do not know....and I will not get into them....and your wrong to think such. But there is no hype that is fake vapor as you seem too be saying. The G43 is a super solid vape and is still pumping out huge ass tasty clouds for me daily....3 diff versions!

Not sure why you are so sour like he owes you something.....he made a kick ass vape and tons of people enjoy it....didn't you get one to try at least?

Cool to see these experiments, been messing with similar stuff and dig the open source mission!
Cheers gents
:wave:

Been hanging with the boys over there.......things are happening .......many things!

The main JST 2.5 one. Even bending the wires didn't resolve the issue but it seems to detect the G43 a bit faster than before.

Bud has reached out to me via email about my issue and I responded but haven't had a subsequent response yet, was nice to see he's around and trying to help me out though.

I don't know much about the issues of his exit and frankly don't care, he's made a kick ass vape that saved my sanity with everything going on so he's good in my books.

After you replace the connections and have checked the RDA connection points...(take the wires off and inspect the ends to make sure they are not coming apart). If these connections are all solid...and the issue is still there...could be the RDA piece. Let me know what you figure out from here.

WORD TOTALLY UP DUDE! BUDJAMIN ROCKS! 👍

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Been hanging with the boys over there.......things are happening .......many things!

I wonder why none of them ever even commented on my vape, I’ve got lots of experience and improvements figured out for this type of vaporizer, could have saved them a lot of time as I’ve already done pretty much all of those tests.

jbm

There are many things you do not know....and I will not get into them....and your wrong to think such. But there is no hype that is fake vapor as you seem too be saying. The G43 is a super solid vape and is still pumping out huge ass tasty clouds for me daily....3 diff versions!

Not sure why you are so sour like he owes you something.....he made a kick ass vape and tons of people enjoy it....didn't you get one to try at least?
I understand that Bud went through some tough times, and I feel for him. That being said, that forum was a shitshow for some time towards the end. I put my name on like six different threads asking to get in line for that vape, and every single time I was first told "ok, you're definitely in line now because you replied to this thread" and then a few days later it'd be "no, not that thread, this thread." So I'd add my name to that thread, usually also asking "Is this the right thread? Am I on the waiting list now?" To which crickets. I @'d Bud several times, once got an "Oh yeah, I need to clean up the list." When the final platoon was posted my name was nowhere to be found. Numerous people who added their names long after mine were on the list. I checked. I get that it was a difficult situation, but this seekrit club "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line is ridiculous.

Last edited:
jbm,

LabPong

I understand that Bud went through some tough times, and I feel for him. That being said, that forum was a shitshow for some time towards the end. I put my name on like six different threads asking to get in line for that vape, and every single time I was first told "ok, you're definitely in line now because you replied to this thread" and then a few days later it'd be "no, not that thread, this thread." So I'd add my name to that thread, usually also asking "Is this the right thread? Am I on the waiting list now?" To which crickets. I @'d Bud several times, once got an "Oh yeah, I need to clean up the list." When the final platoon was posted my name was nowhere to be found. Numerous people who added their names long after mine were on the list. I checked. I get that it was a difficult situation, but this seekrit club "I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" line is ridiculous.

There was no secret club....info was easy to find if you took the time. That said....it did fall apart and go off the tracks just after he returned to makeing them again. Then covid hit and it is what is it now.....

The biggest failure is obviously the wait list and announcements about when and who is up. But you did have to spend time in some of his "hangout" streams to get some info....so I will give you that about the secret club deal.

I never expected him to be a professional business and he never wanted that either...it was a hobby business like the norm for our niche products.

But that said......some people throw so much hate........all the dude did was make a killer product that he could not come close to producing enough of in short periods of time....then it got overwhelming then other issues outside this vape came into more importance for him and his family.

Sorry for all those that did not get a G43......just know....it is probably not going to be the end of this design as that was Bud's intention anyway. He wanted to see his design get used by the big companies and others. This is why I feel 0 reason to be upset even if you didnt get to get one. Beyond that....he is one of the nicest and generous people I have met in this industry.

I wonder why none of them ever even commented on my vape, I’ve got lots of experience and improvements figured out for this type of vaporizer, could have saved them a lot of time as I’ve already done pretty much all of those tests.

Bro...do not take that at all personally....most of them have a ton going on and probably like me....thought you had it going on and were more than on your way. But a bunch of those people have multiple projects they are involved with too.

jbm

That said....it did fall apart and go off the tracks just after he returned to makeing them again. Then covid hit and it is what is it now.....

The biggest failure is obviously the wait list and announcements about when and who is up. But you did have to spend time in some of his "hangout" streams to get some info....so I will give you that about the secret club deal.
That's an extremely generous characterization of what happened with regards to the waiting list. Hobby business or no, how difficult would it have been to set up a Google form or a email address and build the wait list off that? I needed to watch his hangout streams to get on the waitlist? Why didn't anyone say that in any of the myriad threads that told me "reply here to get on the waiting list?" I saw the Nomad, it looked cool, I emailed Dan and was put on the waitlist. When my turn came up, Dan contacted me and I was in the queue. It's. Not. That. Hard. Maybe he could have sold the design to a big big company if the least bit of organization had been applied to production and wasn't produced on a "Whack-A-Thread" model. Maybe he'd still be in business if I didn't have to watch his streams in order to give him money for the vape. Calling people who are upset that they couldn't get a G43 "haters" because they don't "know what you know", or didn't watch Bud's hangout streams, seems a tad unfair.

jbm,
Reactions: BrianTL

Vapster707

After you replace the connections and have checked the RDA connection points...(take the wires off and inspect the ends to make sure they are not coming apart). If these connections are all solid...and the issue is still there...could be the RDA piece. Let me know what you figure out from here.

WORD TOTALLY UP DUDE! BUDJAMIN ROCKS! 👍

Nope I never got a G43 was in line my number was called I didn't get one because I wasn't sure it was for me I want simple pop a battery in not a mod and not have to buy a bunch of new button top batteries...

What does sour me is how bud just jumped ship plan and simple ... Bud bashed other companies for leaving most high and dry yet he did tha same shit...

Vapster707,
Top Bottom