Fuck you !!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Most of my clients don't really appreciate the value of backups until they have had a catastrophic data loss. Fortunately it usually only takes one, but one can be devastating. Sadly many repair shops don't appreciate the sanctity of customer data and do what is easy or quick instead of protecting their customers, especially when not being paid hourly.

Fuck taking the easy way, especially at the expense of others.

Tranquility

Most of my clients don't really appreciate the value of backups until they have had a catastrophic data loss. Fortunately it usually only takes one, but one can be devastating. Sadly many repair shops don't appreciate the sanctity of customer data and do what is easy or quick instead of protecting their customers, especially when not being paid hourly.

Why are backups so fucking hard? I've got a NAS that mirrors the drives, a cloud backup system that works on the server all the time, a local backup done nightly and a carry off backup I do every week. I've still lost data. Part of it gets to trying to see what the fuck is being backed up and why. Some files will change in a directory and some won't and you need to restore multiple backups to get a whole directory up-to-date. One time we had a minor hiccup happen in a tax prep database and lost the data from multiple clients. It was not found out for days. If I restored the database to just before the supposed error, I can get a complete database as of the backup date. However, we've been working for days on clients and would lose a week if we returned the data to then. Finally took days to restore the old database, backup individual client files from it, restore the current database and re-add the individually backed up clients. Best weekend ever. And, the only reason I'm the guy in charge of data is because...well, I'm not sure why; I just am.

Fuck you back-up difficulty. Fuck you all to hell.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

Thing is there was nothing wrong with my second HDD,but it was a BIOS issue and i told them if comes to formatting they can just do the SSD which i use for programs and system.Guess someone ticked the wrong boxes. You are right on backups though ,i should have uploaded it to a cloud drive or smth. I still think they are owed a big colorful fuck you on their social media page.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Thing is there was nothing wrong with my second HDD,but it was a BIOS issue and i told them if comes to formatting they can just do the SSD which i use for programs and system.Guess someone ticked the wrong boxes. You are right on backups though ,i should have uploaded it to a cloud drive or smth. I still think they are owed a big colorful fuck you on their social media page.
I used to teach a class on 4GL / 5GL development tools. There would be a singular model for the developer and a centralized model for the group of developers. I stressed "the investment you and your company will make will reside mostly in the central/group model. Imagine how valuable that model will be after just one week's development with just 2 to 3 developer's work in it"?

At the completion of the class I would say "There are two types of people in this class. Those who back up their models and those who will wish they did". Fuck me for not taking my own advice....had a hard drive go out on me and had to pay $500 of my own money to have a company pull everything they could directly from the platters. The folks I worked with knew my backup speech and gave me grief for weeks.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Get Forked!
474ee35d3d2c30321fc02265f56dbe0dcc995118e828b17afe17182022bc9bca.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I rarely wish a disaster on anyone, but FUCK Mr. Bezos and the dildo rocket he's gonna ride outta here on. This could be an explosively spectacular event, if we're so lucky.

And FUCK completely the US tax code (actually it is already totally fucked) that has allowed the billionaire's club to flourish. In what universe should Jeff FUCKHEAD Bezos deserve a $4,000 child tax credit due to his low income status? Maybe he can buy a nice neck pillow for that space ride in the dick-head-cone.

Buzzbomb Almighty

Stoned? Got the munchies? Maybe order a pizza or grab a burger, or make some tasty soup. Don't go to Subway; fuck them. They sued Vancouver pot store Budway for copyright infringement even though they sell different products! You go to Budway for cannabis flower and edibles, but the only drugs you'll probably find at Subway are heroin and meth. I doubt they consulted the franchise owners before starting legal action. Even though Subway was an acceptable meal stop for me while on the road, I'll drive past now just like I do for McDonald's and Tim Hortons.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Stoned? Got the munchies? Maybe order a pizza or grab a burger, or make some tasty soup. Don't go to Subway; fuck them. They sued Vancouver pot store Budway for copyright infringement even though they sell different products! You go to Budway for cannabis flower and edibles, but the only drugs you'll probably find at Subway are heroin and meth. I doubt they consulted the franchise owners before starting legal action. Even though Subway was an acceptable meal stop for me while on the road, I'll drive past now just like I do for McDonald's and Tim Hortons.

I think they "have" to, especially with the similarities with the logo.

I could be wrong and thinking more along the lines of a patent vs trademark, but I know there are sooo many companies out there that will send cease and desist letters / take legal action for stupid things.

But my understanding is basically if a company does not regularly defend its "image" when people nearly, or straight up copy it, overtime they lose the rights to it.

None the less, I haven't had subway in over 5 years anyways... not my thing lol

kel

FuckMisogynists!

Jeff Bezos teased over phallic-shaped rocket Blue Origin

Jeff Bezos is getting shafted online over the shape of his big rocket.

“Is it me, or does Jeff Bezos’ rocket look like a giant penis?” one person tweeted alongside a photo of Blue Origin, the craft the 57-year-old world’s richest man will fly into space next month.
blueorg-660x330.png
I am laughing and crying at this thread, the quotes taken out of context thread and in awe of the space/moon thread ...

A combination of all three is a weird möbius loop where Jeff Bezos is repeatedly and endlessly fucked by his own rocket :rofl:

kel

FuckMisogynists!
I don't know what the rules are here on politics, but seriously, fuck you Andrea Leadson!

If people have found happiness in lockdown because they have started gardening, walking, etc. you know; actually having a LIFE instead of being violated on a daily basis by criminal capitalists... that is NOT a mental health issue and how dare you weaponise mental health in this way you absolute waste of flesh!

GRRRRRRRRRR :cuss:

Oh good, glad it got a laugh :lol: honestly - the state of them! So embarrassing!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
FUCK AMAZON for doing everything they can today to max out my CCs. They almost had me there on that 4TB pocketable drive for $104. It was in my cart laughing at me saying "Come on, sucker, I DARE ya", but I didn't cave.
If it had been an SSD instead of a spinning drive I wouldn't have been able to resist, but I have glass to pay for, damnit. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom