Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
Funnily enough I was playing Ludo earlier this afternoon with my brother and his daughter. I never learnt how to play backgammon. I've watched a few of my mates play it in a coffee shop in Amsterdam but I was too stoned to really pickup what was going on, also I was playing card at the time so I wasn't really paying that much attention. I should probably give it a try some time.

What game is that lwien?

Yeah it was awesome. I remember our first LAN setup . . . it was over at a dudes house I was selling cars with. We had hacked together a few PC's from scratch . . . the cases were left wide open so we could work on them quickly, cigarette ash all over the guts with a splash of coffee here and there, never seemed to hurt anything I guess . . . cables everywhere . . .

That reminds me of when one of my friends got his computer "upgraded" by a local guy in the village. I think he upped the cpu without doing anything to the cooling so after playing a game for a while the buzzer would start to beep and it would slow to a crawl. We used to have open up the side of the case and postion a desk fan so that it drew the hot air from inside the case out the window.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Dungeons and Dragons! :)
I grew up throwing those dice and when the online version came out . . . I have crawled many a dungeon my friends . . . Here is Granthor taking a rest . . . :tup:

screenshot00003p.jpg

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I don't know why but somehow I missed the whole video game thing . I do remember those little Ms pacman and trivia games that appeared on the corner of every Bar in the 80s but I never played 'em .

believe it or not I had a MFLB and VG before I even knew how to turn on a computer , got my first cell phone 3 months ago . I'm slow.

mvapes a good game of operation with the kids will do it , oppps she got the funnybone .

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i love hanging out here. you guys make me feel so young ;)

grew up w/ DOS and all the OG classics like pitfall, centipede, and space invaders.
developed a deep-seated hate for keyboard controls and was that classic Nintendo kid.
and as much as i loved mario and zelda, Metroid and T & C Surf won my heart

2362325-nes_tandcsurfdesigns.jpg

as for board games,
i loved sorrry!

images

Richy

Is that World of Warcraft t-dub? I loved the first three Warcraft games but I couldn't really get into that one. The idea of having to pay every month really turned me off of it and it also seemed too much of a grind.

My first console was a Megadrive so you're not the only youngin' around here Bob.

lwien

What game is that lwien?

Which one? First pic was Parcheesi and the second one was Carroms. Those two were the most often played games when I was younger than 12, but what's really weird is that they are both games from India and I lived in a Jewish neighborhood without an Indian in sight. :shrug:

Is that World of Warcraft t-dub? I loved the first three Warcraft games but I couldn't really get into that one. The idea of having to pay every month really turned me off of it and it also seemed too much of a grind.

Achhh........don't even bring up WoW. I got so addicted to that game that I had to give my computer to my sister for 3 weeks so I could detox. This was me right after I hit the delete button:

14l.gif

Last edited:

Richy

Thanks for the education lwien, I used to play a little bit of chess in my younger days but I was just kind of shuffling the pieces around the board trying to not let them get taken. I think the idea of strategy was lost on me back then.

I loves me a bit of Trivial Pursuit as well Vicki although my knowledge is pretty much limited to Films, TV and the Science type questions.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
When I got my very first PC, it was 1996, and it was loaded with DOS 5.

I played Gorilla, and Nibbles. Then, I discovered I could create batch files, and I skipped game playing and went right into programming.

For Parkinson's people, I would recommend the old Atari classic, Joust, which involves pressing a button with your thumb, as fast as you can, so the steed can fly. :)

Tweek

lol I think that was around the time I got mine...maybe a year earlier. My dad finally relented and bought the family a computer...we got some no name brand, with a keyboard, mouse and monitor for $1200. It was a special door crasher deal.

Only had DOS on it, but I eventually figured it all out, and after getting bored with DOS shell, nibbles and gorilla, installed Windows 3.1 and some games. It was a major event when I managed to squeeze a 1 gig hard drive in there. RAM must of been 256 mb? I can't recall...but it was pretty small.

I tell you one thing...it was a real pleasure having a word processor and eventually, a printer. Typing school reports and letters on a typewriter, although fun, was a pain in the ass. Cut and paste was a godsend lol

lwien

lIt was a major event when I managed to squeeze a 1 gig hard drive in there. RAM must of been 256 mb? I can't recall...but it was pretty small.

LOL. My first computer had a whopping 8MHz processor with 1MB of ram. No internal HD. Would only accept 800k discs........and it cost me a fracking $2600 bucks (which would equate to $5400 dollars in todays money). :doh:

satyrday

I believe this was the first adventure game I played (a text adventure):

1185244090-00.jpg

Edit: I loaded it from cassette tape! Not disk like this one - was 1982 ...and no graphics! This image from a fancier updated version. It was on an Atari 400.

This looks more like the version I had.

1340481-pirate_adventure.png

Last edited:

Enchantre

Oil Painter
When I moved up to Windows (3.1, then 95, 98, 98SE, NT, XP, 7. no, I never had ME), I had gotten a "graphic" game of LOTR. It annoyed the crap outta me, though I could imagine Leonard, Howard, Raj, & Sheldon having a weekend of it.

I also got a copy of MYST. I finally got all the cheat codes so I could "solve" it and see what all the hubbub was about. Yeah, I don't get it.

I did some time as a moderator in an IRC community. I also did a voice-over for an IRC client. Turned out that using that chat client was the first time my hubby heard my voice!

My first computer...
CIMG3282.JPG

I can't say how many hours I spent playing Buck Rogers!!
That was the ADAM system, right? I wanted one!

Top Bottom