Fuck the Parkinson's, the Dr just gave me a reason to smoke MORE!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
have you ever jumped out of a plane, i can totally empathize, lol.
am hooked, want to do it again and again, eventually get a squirrel suit.
but that first time, holeeeee fuck. you know that feeling you get when you drop in a
roller coaster where your stomach leaps up and out of your body, but comes back when you hit
the first turn or upswing.
yea, when you jump from a plane it just keeps floating away from you for a few hundred yards before the wind resistance kicks in and it settles back. such an awesome feeling, but damn.....

Tweek

Well, the guy was wearing PINK eye goggles...something tells me he is a sensitive type lol

That being said, BoB you are a braver man than I...trusting my life to a piece of fabric and string is something I have not yet had the courage to do. The wingsuits are pretty damn amazing though:

Glad to have you back Robo MoM! :rockon:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Photo of Earth from Saturn, taken in 2006.

It's one of only two such photos in existence.

Tomorrow, the Cassini spacecraft will take the third-ever photo of Earth from the outer solar system. Details: http://bit.ly/1am4cAY

33dbe6q.jpg

Tweek

Beautiful! I was really into astronomy as a kid, and I remember I hunted for Saturn for a full month until I finally saw it. An incredibly beautiful humbling moment, standing there in the middle of my yard, the moon shining down and through this little eyepiece, a tiny ball with rings suspended in the blackness of space.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Beautiful! I was really into astronomy as a kid, and I remember I hunted for Saturn for a full month until I finally saw it. An incredibly beautiful humbling moment, standing there in the middle of my yard, the moon shining down and through this little eyepiece, a tiny ball with rings suspended in the blackness of space.

Same here! I have always love astronomy, and Saturn! :)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
That being said, BoB you are a braver man than I...trusting my life to a piece of fabric and string is something I have not yet had the courage to do. The wingsuits are pretty damn amazing though:

Glad to have you back Robo MoM! :rockon:
Thats an awesome video, I love it! Here is what the flyby looks like, too low, at 230 kph!!!

---
The stunt done correctly, he sounds like a jet going by . . .

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
love jeb corliss. he is an inspiration
this is my currnet favorite.
these guys have founds some insane lines gonna post short then long version,
the long version is definitely worth watching in it's entirety

and now the long

i get such a rush and get so happy imagining i am them. i love the shot with no music by the guy standing on the hill watching them appear and roar out of site.

you can catch it at the 3.10 min mark in the first video

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
people talk about 5 or 10 yr. plans. my only plan (other than tying the knot next year) is to do at least a jump or two a year until i'm certified, then squirrel suit training, i never plan to get anywhere near as close as any of those guys, that's how you eventually die. i looked at fatality rates for dangerous sports and the numbers i remember were (in terms of deaths per thousand a year) snowboarding .05, skydiving 5, and base jumping 44. no specific data on proxy flying, but it's estimated at around 20.
there is a place here in OR that has no student fatalities (rare) and excellent safety records outside of that, it's where i jumped last and plan to continue to do so (skydive oregon!). hope to get a jump in this summer, the sublimator and eagle took my cash for it, but if i get my Cloud or SYN sold, then i am in it.
most of my friends think i'm nuts (snowboarders and Moab level mountain bikers) but i lived a very exciting youth and feel like i've lived more than most people who get to be 80-90. that and a few experiences in that time removed my fear of death (for good or ill, most people don't like driving with me, either, lol)
if ur ever up for it tweek, i am there with ya, t-dub you can film it :)

EDiT -tweek was already there, i actually took 1.5mg of valium a few hrs before to steady the nerves and was hitting my dual top persei all the way up to suit up time. 30 min. later and wheeeeee!

Top Bottom