• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

florduh

Hey how does it work with these guys and disclosing the THC% of their flower? Does it tell you the % for the batch/strain you are ordering? I've been put off ordering delivery lately because of the gamble of what will actually arrive at my door.

Huh. I didn't realize that was a problem with them. Fo this order at least, all the printed labels on the bottles match the percentages on the website exactly. But the website doesn't list the harvest date as far as I can see.

doctapeppa

Oh no I don't know that it is a problem with them. I've never heard anything like that. I'm asking because I've had a problem with delivery withTrulieve but they don't even say what %THC you might receive. I see that OnePlant has a % when I go and see what they have. In your experience, you got the same percentage it quoted or is that number on the website an average or a minimum or what?

florduh

In your experience, you got the same percentage it quoted or is that number on the website an average or a minimum or what?

Yeah. I don't think I've checked on previous orders. But on this one my Lemon Sugar Kush says 18.55% on the batch number. The listing on the website also says 18.55%. Maybe it's an average or maybe they're just shipping the same batch Statewide right now? I don't know. There's a chat on their site, but I don't know how knowledge they'll be.

The only flower I've found better so far than One Plant is Grow Healthy. And GH doesn't have a great variety. I was able to get a nice mix of strains on this OP order.

iammyself

I did another Grow Healthy pickup today at the North Miami location. A half oz of Good Dawg came in, and it’s been a while since I had that. I decided to add a White 99 cart while they had a 35% off sale. The Good Dawg is good. Really good. I put a couple bowls through my Sticky Brick while waiting for a replacement Terp Torch, and loved the flavor and effects. It’s similar to the White 99 flower I loved so much. Energetic, uplifting effects with a sour/sweet citrusy flavor.

Unfortunately, the White 99 cart came covered in sticky oil, like it spilled over when getting filled. I contacted support, and they asked for the photos I shared here. I’ll update with their resolution.

Edit: They just called me to say I can keep the cart, and they will put a credit in my account toward another cart in the future. Sweet!

Attachments

• A70F08E7-CA3B-4BF1-8E62-DC854675399C.jpeg
    A70F08E7-CA3B-4BF1-8E62-DC854675399C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • ABE7E3B2-D183-4C96-AF5E-29FA0E9228A1.jpeg
    ABE7E3B2-D183-4C96-AF5E-29FA0E9228A1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I'm getting ready for a "420" stock up and was wondering how others prepare or if others prepare at all.....

Awhile back I put together a flower spreadsheet that has a row for each dispensary. I fill in the spreadsheet with the deals for each and it calculates the cost per gram and final cost for the order making the decision process less error prone. I try to stock up enough to cover a minimum of 6 months at a time. This allows me to purchase when the deals are good and positioned for bulk price purchases.... as opposed to purchasing just when I am about to run out. I'm trying to develop an approach where I only purchase 2 to 3 times a year and only when its very advantageous.

The above has been working out pretty well BUT inventory moves at the speed of light at times and if I get into even a 60 minute "analysis paralysis" loop the deals for the day may disappear.

Cannabis is one of my top 10 most costly budget items.......

iammyself

I'm getting ready for a "420" stock up and was wondering how others prepare or if others prepare at all.....

Awhile back I put together a flower spreadsheet that has a row for each dispensary. I fill in the spreadsheet with the deals for each and it calculates the cost per gram and final cost for the order making the decision process less error prone. I try to stock up enough to cover a minimum of 6 months at a time. This allows me to purchase when the deals are good and positioned for bulk price purchases.... as opposed to purchasing just when I am about to run out. I'm trying to develop an approach where I only purchase 2 to 3 times a year and only when its very advantageous.

The above has been working out pretty well BUT inventory moves at the speed of light at times and if I get into even a 60 minute "analysis paralysis" loop the deals for the day may disappear.

Cannabis is one of my top 10 most costly budget items.......
Wow, that's extensive. I'm very much the opposite, and wait until I'm almost out then see what deals are available that week. I like to try all the different strains and dispensaries, so I don't want to load up too much at once. My plan is to purchase leading up to 420 when a dispensary I like has a sale at or above 20% off, while also having a product I particularly like, or am almost out of.

Last edited:

nickolas

A few months back I got my card and recently I noticed my throat being a bit more bothered then usual when vaping flower I purchased at a few of the dispensaries. I decided to do a little research on the issue as I had to stop smoking many years ago do to some lung problems and heard that if your vape hits are bothering your throat more then usual that you should give your product a good once over and sniff. When doing this I was shocked to discover that a few 1/8ths of top tier bud smelled rank like a littler box that is in need of attention. When looking into this further I discovered that this can mean the bud contains high amounts of ammonia and maybe unsafe to consume. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any issues like this with med bud in FL?

nickolas,

His_Highness

A few months back I got my card and recently I noticed my throat being a bit more bothered then usual when vaping flower I purchased at a few of the dispensaries. I decided to do a little research on the issue as I had to stop smoking many years ago do to some lung problems and heard that if your vape hits are bothering your throat more then usual that you should give your product a good once over and sniff. When doing this I was shocked to discover that a few 1/8ths of top tier bud smelled rank like a littler box that is in need of attention. When looking into this further I discovered that this can mean the bud contains high amounts of ammonia and maybe unsafe to consume. I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any issues like this with med bud in FL?
I haven't noticed anything like that and smell is a key factor for me. I LOVE the smell of cannabis so I get right up in there and savor it.

The "cheese and skunk" strains aren't always pleasing from a smell standpoint but I haven't run into an ammonia smell.

iammyself

I did my first 420 sale pickup today at Grow Healthy, they have 20% off. Breezed in with no wait and got 1/8 Littles of Stardawg, Emerald City Kush, and Big Pine Key. I’ve had a bit of each in the Terp Torch, and all three were tasty.

D9A5FFB7-BEC5-4227-8683-B6F126E25F95.jpeg

The Stardawg is two massive nugs, and one regular sized. It’s 14.2% THC.

1C1CC741-4BA9-4A29-87AC-1F004A554341.jpeg

The Emerald City Kush has the funkiest smell to it, I didn’t remember that from the one or two times I’ve tried it. It’s 18%.

760793F3-1869-464A-AE92-F687307E3253.jpeg

Last is the Big Pine Key at 16.3%.

iammyself

Another visit to Grow Healthy today when they got Durban Funk and Key Largo Littles in stock. I also wanted to pick up a distillate syringe to try making my own chocolate bar, as well as a tincture to try sublingual. I’ve never tried a tincture before. Any recommendations on a starting dose for a high tolerance user? When I was picking it up, they mentioned more Littles are supposed to come in stock tomorrow. I wonder how many days in a row I’ll end up going. :lol:

BEADE1FF-92C7-413F-B757-8F7A0461EC02.jpeg

Key Largo with 12.8% (it certainly looks higher than that)

25DF152F-2E55-42A4-A36B-57D7C20D57E9.jpeg

The Durban Funk certainly lives up to its name with a funky smell, similar to Space Bomb or Jack Herer. It has a solid 22.5% THC, and 2.8% terpenes.

His_Highness

I'm still waiting for an amazing 420 deal that I can't refuse. The deals I got back in December may have spoiled me. I can work something out around 20% at Trulieve but I can do that on any given Sunday by stacking the 10% 55+ senior discount with a 10 % points discount.

I'm getting up early tomorrow looking for deals because around here inventory can be a magic act. If nothing amazing turns up I'll just use the Curaleaf 50% first time customer discount later on.

EDIT: Curaleaf has 35% off today. One Plant has 30% off today.

Last edited:

nickolas

I haven't noticed anything like that and smell is a key factor for me. I LOVE the smell of cannabis so I get right up in there and savor it.

The "cheese and skunk" strains aren't always pleasing from a smell standpoint but I haven't run into an ammonia smell.
I had not smelled weed like that prior to the other day, at least not that I can recall anyway. In fact the smell was off enough that when my wife got home the other day she commented that something smelled strong but she didn't know what it was. Granted my wife doesn't use pot but she has been living with me for over a decade so it concerned me even more when she couldn't even tell that it was the smell of weed. I took couple of the most suspect and high priced samples I found back and was able to get a credit for them. I still have 1 highly suspect 1/8th I discovered that wasn't 50+ per 1/8th that I've decided I'm not going to take back but rather run some tests on to see if I can figure out what is going on. I feel really disappointed that I'm even having to do this but after looking into things it would seem that flower isn't tested for ammonia content prior to sale in the FL MMJ program. I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more information about whats going on. Hopefully, in the end it will just turn out to be me being paranoid because up until this point I've enjoyed being part of the MMJ program and would hate to find out there's any major issues that would cause me to question the value of the program.

doctapeppa

I had not smelled weed like that prior to the other day, at least not that I can recall anyway. In fact the smell was off enough that when my wife got home the other day she commented that something smelled strong but she didn't know what it was. Granted my wife doesn't use pot but she has been living with me for over a decade so it concerned me even more when she couldn't even tell that it was the smell of weed. I took couple of the most suspect and high priced samples I found back and was able to get a credit for them. I still have 1 highly suspect 1/8th I discovered that wasn't 50+ per 1/8th that I've decided I'm not going to take back but rather run some tests on to see if I can figure out what is going on. I feel really disappointed that I'm even having to do this but after looking into things it would seem that flower isn't tested for ammonia content prior to sale in the FL MMJ program. I'll keep everyone posted as I find out more information about whats going on. Hopefully, in the end it will just turn out to be me being paranoid because up until this point I've enjoyed being part of the MMJ program and would hate to find out there's any major issues that would cause me to question the value of the program.
I personally have never had any weed that smelled even close to ammonia; whether it was street weed back in the day or dispensary stuff. I would definitely take it back to where I got it. Maybe even post pictures here. Sometimes moldy weed smells chemically...but yea. Back in the day we would smoke it anyways. Luckily we are legit now and can take it back to the store.

His_Highness

Here's what I've been able to put together for the 420 deals today:
- Vidacann: 30% off flower and pre-rolls
- Fluent: BOGO 50% off....carts, capsules, drops, syringes, kief - in store only - not stackable except for veterans discount
- Trulieve: 25% off - excludes minis, cultivar collection, ground truflower, blue river rosin
- One Plant: 30% off everything
- Curaleaf: Buy 4 get 2 free
- Grow Healthy: 20% off

His_Highness,
Reactions: iammyself

Tuck

I took advantage of a buy 3 get 1 on trulieve edibles, 20% off some GH Littles, and a 20% off at trulieve. I got stocked up last week. Maybe I should have waited, but I remember the days when they'd run out of flower. So I figured better stock up early :).

His_Highness

I was about to pull the trigger on my first delivery/purchase from Curaleaf. I could use:
- The first time customer discount of 50% which allows you to purchase 2 items from each product line. The "select elite live" and "THC live blends" are separate product lines. The "THC Flower" and "Pre-rolls" are also separate product lines. I had to call customer service to clarify.
- The 420 deal of the day, buy 4 get 2 free.

I'm taking a pass on the 420 deal because I prefer 50% off versus 33% and I'm really just interested in sampling what Curaleaf has to offer that I haven't tried elsewhere which is the "live blend" and the "elite live" carts.

I chose the location closest to me that listed delivery as an option and after filling my cart couldn't find the delivery option. Called the dispensary and they said the web site is wrong and they only deliver for my location from another dispensary. I cleared my cart, selected the other delivery location and they were out of one of the carts I wanted. Oh well...since I'm not using the 420 deal I can wait it out.

I'm not usually into carts but the reviews on the "live" carts are interesting.....

His_Highness,

doctapeppa

I was about to pull the trigger on my first delivery/purchase from Curaleaf. I could use:
- The first time customer discount of 50% which allows you to purchase 2 items from each product line. The "select elite live" and "THC live blends" are separate product lines. The "THC Flower" and "Pre-rolls" are also separate product lines. I had to call customer service to clarify.
- The 420 deal of the day, buy 4 get 2 free.

I'm taking a pass on the 420 deal because I prefer 50% off versus 33% and I'm really just interested in sampling what Curaleaf has to offer that I haven't tried elsewhere which is the "live blend" and the "elite live" carts.

I chose the location closest to me that listed delivery as an option and after filling my cart couldn't find the delivery option. Called the dispensary and they said the web site is wrong and they only deliver for my location from another dispensary. I cleared my cart, selected the other delivery location and they were out of one of the carts I wanted. Oh well...since I'm not using the 420 deal I can wait it out.

I'm not usually into carts but the reviews on the "live" carts are interesting.....
They have live rosin carts over at Curaleaf? I normally skip carts but I've been wanting to see what the deal is with live rosin carts. I think I still would rather buy good flower and squish it myself though. I'm not too convinced about the "Live" Rosins, yet but I've got to experiment more.

Edit: I'm on their website but it doesn't seem like it's "Live Rosin". Maybe?. They are calling it "Solventless terpene extract". I don't know. They are using a bunch of fancy words I haven't seen before. I'm going to have to research.

Last edited:

His_Highness

They have live rosin carts over at Curaleaf? I normally skip carts but I've been wanting to see what the deal is with live rosin carts. I think I still would rather buy good flower and squish it myself though. I'm not too convinced about the "Live" Rosins, yet but I've got to experiment more.

Edit: I'm on their website but it doesn't seem like it's "Live Rosin". Maybe?. They are calling it "Solventless terpene extract". I don't know. They are using a bunch of fancy words I haven't seen before. I'm going to have to research.
These aren't "pure" live resin. Its basically high end distillate blended with live resin. There are some interesting reviews.....

The Elite Live is distillate and live resin.

The Elite Live Blend is distillate, a live solventless extract and botantical terps.

I'm a flower guy but for 50% off I'll give it a go......

His_Highness

Curious about everyone's experience with flower......

My perception is that Grow Healthy and Trulieve have, on average, the highest THC% for flower and maybe even the best cure. I'm not considering customer service.....just the flower....

My rankings (In best to worst order) for flower is based on experienced THC% and cure:
- Trulieve - Quality on the top tiers is excellent.
- Grow Healthy - First and second order was pretty good.
- One Plant - Got some Mac1 with THC% in the mid teens that was amazing.
- Vidacann - Was disappointing-only ordered once.

I will be ordering from Curalief for the first time primarily to try out some interesting carts but I'm waiting till there is some flower with THC% in the 20's.

If I didn't sample a company's flower they aren't on my rankings. What's everyone else's ranking? Has anyone purchased from another company not listed?

His_Highness,

iammyself

Curious about everyone's experience with flower......

My perception is that Grow Healthy and Trulieve have, on average, the highest THC% for flower and maybe even the best cure. I'm not considering customer service.....just the flower....

My rankings (In best to worst order) for flower is based on experienced THC% and cure:
- Trulieve - Quality on the top tiers is excellent.
- Grow Healthy - First and second order was pretty good.
- One Plant - Got some Mac1 with THC% in the mid teens that was amazing.
- Vidacann - Was disappointing-only ordered once.

I will be ordering from Curalief for the first time primarily to try out some interesting carts but I'm waiting till there is some flower with THC% in the 20's.

If I didn't sample a company's flower they aren't on my rankings. What's everyone else's ranking? Has anyone purchased from another company not listed?
I’ve never tried the top tier at Trulieve, not even the $53 really. I need to. But for what I have tried, I’d rank as follows:

1) Grow Healthy
2) Trulieve
3) Curaleaf
4) Vidacann

I’ve been meaning to try the Seed Junky flower from Liberty Health Science, I’ve read it’s good. I also want to place a delivery order from One Plant at some point, but don’t know what’s good there.

His_Highness

I also want to place a delivery order from One Plant at some point, but don’t know what’s good there.
I tried some MAC 1 from One Plant on a recommendation. I didn't expect much even though it was their top tier because the THC% was only in the mid teens. The taste was amazing, effects were good, it produced vapor like crazy and the number of hits you could get off it was almost magical. Taught me that THC% isn't everything but I still make my purchases based on THC% unless someone on FC makes a recommendation for something with a lower THC%.

It's tough to use the posted flower reviews from a dispensary because you never know when someone has a low tolerance, is relatively new to cannabis or is on the "Just got my card honeymoon". That's why I posted the ranking question here.....

nickolas

So I made a discovery today that might shed some light on the issues I've noticed with some of the flower samples I have. I came across an 1/8th I had opened some time ago that still has a little over a gram left in it and smelled it and it smelled good not really strong but good. I then opened an 1/8th of the same strain for the first time and took a whiff and sure enough there was that unpleasant odor again. Granted it was not as strong as with the two samples I had returned. After reading into it a bit more I've decided I'm going to try burping these samples for at least a few days to see if this resolves the issue. I will say even after doing this once already the odor profile of the samples seems to have improved slightly.

doctapeppa

So I made a discovery today that might shed some light on the issues I've noticed with some of the flower samples I have. I came across an 1/8th I had opened some time ago that still has a little over a gram left in it and smelled it and it smelled good not really strong but good. I then opened an 1/8th of the same strain for the first time and took a whiff and sure enough there was that unpleasant odor again. Granted it was not as strong as with the two samples I had returned. After reading into it a bit more I've decided I'm going to try burping these samples for at least a few days to see if this resolves the issue. I will say even after doing this once already the odor profile of the samples seems to have improved slightly.
I'd make really sure it doesn't have mold on it. Sometimes mold is hard to see but if you have some with mold on it don't try and rescue it and then consume it because it could make you sick. If you are sure it's not mold and are considering a humidity issue (which I think you are on the right track) ...better than "burping" ... may I recommend getting yourself some Boveda packs if you haven't already. They are 2-way, so if your bud is too humid it will dry it out as well as increase the humidity if too low. I have been able to "revive" stuff that I thought un-vapable by leaving it undisturbed a week or two in a sealed container with a Boveda. It's like magic, man. Try it. I swear by it. Some bud is better dryer and others I find I enjoy more when it's moist and sticky so I don't always do this with all the herb I buy...but if I run accross something that I don't like and can't/don't want to return it for whatever reason..the Boveda trick surprises me time and time again.

Top Bottom