NFC For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

nickolas

Ok, I don't mind giving that a shot. Do you mind if I ask what type of Boveda pack seems to work best for you?

I'd also like to say that I doubt this is a mold issue as it is my understanding samples are supposed to be checked for mold prior to sale and I've noticed the issue with a new sample from a sealed and unopened container with no visual evidence of mold.

Last edited:

doctapeppa

Ok, I don't mind giving that a shot. Do you mind if I ask what type of Boveda pack seems to work best for you?
I've always used 62% packs and haven't ever tried anything else because I can't see a reason to. Boveda is great but right now I have an amazon off-brand one and they work apparently the same so far. What's important is that it's a "2-way" (some might just dehydrate) and I'd go for 62%. Then just get a size that fits your container. Boveda brand makes some specialized cannabis ones that I've been wanting to try.

Edit: The rules say manufacturer website links are ok. I think should be ok here. here: https://store.bovedainc.com/collections/boveda-for-cannabis

Tuck

When I buy multiple cups of flower, I come home and weigh every cup and transfer it to a glass jar with a humidity pack.

Flower for me is:

1) GrowHealthy
2) Trulieve
3) Muv
4) Surterra
5) Fluent
6) Vidacann
7) Liberty Health

To be fair, I have not been to 3 - 7 in a long time.

nickolas

Ok, so it seems the suspect samples I have remaining are improving, at least in the sense of the questionable odor becoming less noticeable relative to the good weed smell I'm used to.

Also, seeing as I noticed someone here asking about the rosins here in FL. I can report I've tried 2. The live rosin hybrid from grow healthy and the xkush rosin from TL. I can tell you that these provide for the smoothest cleanest hits I've ever come across. Not much in the way of flavor or smell compared to flower which prior to trying these rosins is the only thing I had vaped before. I personally didn't see what the benefit of the live vs normal rosin was tho, but I've decided I will cut back a bit on my flower use and replace it with some rosin just because of how clean it seems. It's just a shame that it happens to be quite expensive and hard to come by in general. I'd also like to point out I was using these out of a modded EQ on top of AVB and not a proper dab rig so using just the rosin may yield slightly different results then what I noticed.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I can report I've tried 2. The live rosin hybrid from grow healthy and the xkush rosin from TL. I can tell you that these provide for the smoothest cleanest hits I've ever come across. Not much in the way of flavor or smell compared to flower which prior to trying these rosins is the only thing I had vaped before. I personally didn't see what the benefit of the live vs normal rosin was tho, but I've decided I will cut back a bit on my flower use and replace it with some rosin just because of how clean it seems. It's just a shame that it happens to be quite expensive and hard to come by in general. I'd also like to point out I was using these out of a modded EQ on top of AVB and not a proper dab rig so using just the rosin may yield slightly different results then what I noticed.
Good info! Thx!

This type of info is what I need to know because whatever kind of concentrated cannabis I pick up will only be used every now and then, and because of that I will I be living with it for awhile. That's why I'm looking for something special. I use any kind of concentrated cannabis sparingly because I'm afraid of jacking my tolerance to where my first love, flower, doesn't do it for me like it should. I hope I can resist.....

His_Highness,
Reactions: iammyself

nickolas

I wouldn't think you'd have any tolerance issues as long as you are careful with the dosing. I originally started trying the rosin to use as a bowl finisher so I could drop about a 1/3 a rice size grain on a full bowl of vaped bud to get a little extra out of the flower without having to switch out the bowl mid session to get the level of meds I wanted. This way I was hoping to reduce the amount of AVB I have to worry about dealing with seeing as I don't really like dealing with it in the first place, but I couldn't bring myself to just toss AVB either. I've also used keif for this purpose as well which typically requires closer to a full rice sized amount vs the rosin. I haven't tried any other extracts as I worry about the process used to make some of that stuff and heard that the feeling you get from it can be different from what you'd get from flower.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless Please wear a mask
I'm :cuss:
and I apologize, I spaced this thread, for some reason I'm not getting notifications for it. I will go back and catch up when time permits. I did post a pic of my 420 haul in the Picture Thread within the Vapor Lounge.

nickolas

Ok, so after looking into the issue I encountered it would appear that the suspect bud I've purchased can be salvaged by 'burping' the suspect bud for a few days. Now I feel a bit bad about returning the bud I did knowing that it probably could have been salvaged with a little extra tlc. I also tested the water from my water pipe I run my vapor through with litmus paper and it has the same PH as the water did prior to use, so that is reassuring as I would think if there was unsafe levels of ammonia in the vapor it would cause the PH to change. I think I'm going to boil a small amount of the suspect flower in water and check the ph that way as well, but so far I'm feeling encouraged by what I've learned up to this point.

Top Bottom