For anyone interested in medical cannabis reviews in Florida!

iammyself

Another fantastic Grow Healthy pickup at North Miami today. Both their flower, and employees, are on point. I got a notification from the PotBot Discord group yesterday during the 25% off sale that they had half oz of Queso Pero in stock. I decided to only get a half to leave more for others. But I was tempted at $75 to buy them all.

31F86DC6-6985-496D-A0E6-FF2262C89A12.jpeg

I’ve had some large buds in some of the “Littles” at GH before, but this was just ridiculous.

A8CF876F-66B5-4EBA-B5DB-79E066A1E971.jpeg

Little! This reminds me of that Steve Martin standup bit about getting small. I imagine this bud saying “no I’m Little, I’m Little!” To which I respond “Well, I'm gonna have to weigh you.” And yes, I had a large Terp Torch bowl of it just now.

9B006CE1-D7A3-48BF-A243-70816C71DD44.jpeg

It tastes like I just licked a wet dog that had rolled in some Parmesan cheese. :dog: Comes in at 24% cannabinoids and 1.2% terpenes.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Looks like there is some kind of a required legal packaging upgrade going on and some of the dispensaries are trying to get rid of the current packaged products. Here's the write up from Trulieve - "We are in the midst of changing over packaging. We would appreciate your patience while we work through this transition in order to remain compliant with state regulations."

VidaCann:
Wednesday through Friday - Buy 1 get 1 FREE! Flower Jars, Tinctures and Capsules. Valid on clear glass jars and old packaging only.
Must show or mention coupon to receive discount. Valid on 2.25.21 through 2.26.21 only. Cannot be combined with other offers. Redeemable on In-Store and Same-Day Pickup orders only. Applicable on clear glass jars and old packaging only. See specific store for flower details.

Trulieve:
- 25% off - 3pm to 8pm. Not stackable, excludes Ground Truflower, Cultivar Collection and TruSpectrum. All orders must be picked up by Friday 2/26 at 8pm.
-2/25 ONLY-TruWax, TruCRMBL and TruShatter-Buy 2 get 1 free. Not stackable. Excludes Blue River, Truclear and CO2 Truclear.

His_Highness

This is the kind of sale I wait for to stock up........but if history is any indicator.....they're all out of the top tier by now....

Trulieve: Valid 2/27/2021 - 1/2 oz for $150, 1 oz for $275. Not stackable. Excludes Ground Truflower and Truflower Minis. ANY whole Truflower can be mixed and matched.

iammyself

Curaleaf had a couple great promos ending today, and I decided to head there to get a Select Elite Live cartridge. I rarely hit carts anymore, so I don’t mind the price on occasion for the flavor. I was planning on adding some crumble and an eighth to use the $50 off $150 plus $25 in Curacredits promo. There was also a buy any 3 products get one free promo, but both said they wouldn’t stack with any other promos.

I got a .5g Select Elite Citrus Farmer cart, 1g Layer Cake crumble, and 3.5g Layer Cake flower for a total of $151. The employee told me I could stack the buy 3 get one free promo with my card renewal $75 off $150 discount. So I added another 3.5g Layer Cake for free, for a total out-the-door price of $76! I couldn’t believe it.

90052A7B-07F0-49A0-B31B-24A2AFEE12A0.jpeg

The crumble is a moist, sticky consistency. Lab report is only 1.59% terpenes, but the little I tried tasted great.

F0E82750-349E-4FB4-A56C-ED56BCE8E41F.jpeg

The Layer Cake flower is much better than I expected. Curaleaf was my favorite dispensary for a while due to the location and pickup experience. I stopped going there for the most part when I started dry herb vaping because of the lack of selection, price, and quality of the flower.

They are getting better. The Layer Cake had the highest cannabinoids at 18.5%, and the employee looked up the terpenes for me at 1.4%. That was a welcome surprise when I asked about terpene percentages. They actually looked up a few lab reports for me before I purchased. The flavor and effects are fantastic. I’m adding Curaleaf back to the list with 1/8ths at $35 standard, plus tons of promos on top.

florduh

-2/25 ONLY-TruWax, TruCRMBL and TruShatter-Buy 2 get 1 free. Not stackable. Excludes Blue River, Truclear and CO2 Truclear.

Shit, wish I saw this. After some initial disappointment a year ago, I swore off any non-rosin extract in FL. But I had a 25% off discount that was expiring and grabbed some "TruWax". Gotta say... I was very impressed. Absolutely the best ethanol extraction I've tried, both in terms of nose, taste, and full spectrum effects. My understanding of butane vs ethanol extractions is that it's easier to get a good result with butane. But it's still possible to achieve an equivalent result with ethanol. Maybe Trulieve is finally getting their process down?

From their website:

TruWax made using a labor-intensive process when compared to Shatter and TruCRMBL, resulted in a handcrafted, artisanal product. The purge times are also shorter for TruWax. Ethanol will still be removed, but this will result in a slightly fuller spectrum of relief and aroma.

Is anyone familiar enough with extraction to tell me if that's bullshit or not? At $40-$50 a gram, I'd buy this stuff all day. At the full price of $65... it's a little tougher. To me, the gold standard for Floriduh concentrates is One Plant Live Rosin. It's the only stuff that compares favorably to what they have in more established markets. Priced about the same too. If you buy 5 grams in one order, the price is $67 a gram.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
@florduh yes and no...all extraction is labor intensive with some being less or more. I've done both alcohol extraction and rosin extraction. I would agree that the alcohol extraction takes more time that is for sure. Once I discovered rosin pressing, I abandoned alcohol extraction; now I do neither and just go to a dispensary.
Just to give you an idea, the following is what I had to do for really good alcohol extraction...and there was quite more expense to it as well. I had to buy a small medical grade mini fridge/freezer that would fit in my bedroom closet (I live with my mom to help her out) so that the entire unit would act as a freezer (I now have it out in our kitchen to hold beer/wine, lol) so that I could get the alcohol as cold as possible and also freeze the flower (the reason for freezing the flower is that the trichomes would come off way easier). Then, after both were very cold (I would put them in and a wait a day), put both into a tall mason jar and shake the crap out of it, then pour through a series of filters to remove the plant matter. The final product looked like liquid gold. That would then be put into a silicon mat that I fashioned into a bowl shape that fit on a medical grade hot plate that I could precisely control the temperature of the solution with. The alcohol would evaporate leaving behind wax.

Rosin, I would moisten the flower, but only if needed, put into parchment paper and into a heated press...press away and voila, rosin.

florduh

@florduh yes and no...all extraction is labor intensive with some being less or more. I've done both alcohol extraction and rosin extraction. I would agree that the alcohol extraction takes more time that is for sure. Once I discovered rosin pressing, I abandoned alcohol extraction; now I do neither and just go to a dispensary.
Just to give you an idea, the following is what I had to do for really good alcohol extraction...and there was quite more expense to it as well. I had to buy a small medical grade mini fridge/freezer that would fit in my bedroom closet (I live with my mom to help her out) so that the entire unit would act as a freezer (I now have it out in our kitchen to hold beer/wine, lol) so that I could get the alcohol as cold as possible and also freeze the flower (the reason for freezing the flower is that the trichomes would come off way easier). Then, after both were very cold (I would put them in and a wait a day), put both into a tall mason jar and shake the crap out of it, then pour through a series of filters to remove the plant matter. The final product looked like liquid gold. That would then be put into a silicon mat that I fashioned into a bowl shape that fit on a medical grade hot plate that I could precisely control the temperature of the solution with. The alcohol would evaporate leaving behind wax.

Rosin, I would moisten the flower, but only if needed, put into parchment paper and into a heated press...press away and voila, rosin.

That makes sense. At least with the One Plant rosin, I'm pretty sure it's all made from ice hash. Which seems like a real pain in the ass.

I also saw this about TruWax:

TruWax is made using a cold ethanol extraction process, as well as a hand whipping technique over very low heat. This process happens several times to achieve the finished medicine.

Not sure if or how this would make the product more "full spectrum", but it sure makes it taste good!

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
It should be full spectrum, you are stripping away every oil and wax component of the plant when doing that...the trick is not to have any green in your final solution...where I say liquid gold...the green is chlorophyll which we don't want. So when I said shake the crap out of it, you only do it for a short time and that time is critical for keeping the chlorophyll out. And when I spoke of the filtering...pouring the liquid gold through various filters of smaller and smaller micron size. I stopped at a certain size because I wanted more so to speak (I didn't mind having additional waxes and such in it as I liked the effects and taste). I spoke of controlling the heat of the solution, notice I say solution and not the temperature of the plate itself. My setup had a probe that sat in the solution that connected to the hot plate that controlled the temperature output of the plate.
The whipping under low heat...I did that after I took it off the heat while it was still warm and all it means is that you are stirring up your final product, in essence, adding air to it so it had more body, if that makes sense.

His_Highness

Curaleaf had a couple great promos ending today, and I decided to head there to get a Select Elite Live cartridge. I rarely hit carts anymore, so I don’t mind the price on occasion for the flavor. I was planning on adding some crumble and an eighth to use the $50 off $150 plus $25 in Curacredits promo. There was also a buy any 3 products get one free promo, but both said they wouldn’t stack with any other promos.

I got a .5g Select Elite Citrus Farmer cart, 1g Layer Cake crumble, and 3.5g Layer Cake flower for a total of $151. The employee told me I could stack the buy 3 get one free promo with my card renewal $75 off $150 discount. So I added another 3.5g Layer Cake for free, for a total out-the-door price of $76! I couldn’t believe it.

View attachment 6205

The crumble is a moist, sticky consistency. Lab report is only 1.59% terpenes, but the little I tried tasted great.

View attachment 6204

The Layer Cake flower is much better than I expected. Curaleaf was my favorite dispensary for a while due to the location and pickup experience. I stopped going there for the most part when I started dry herb vaping because of the lack of selection, price, and quality of the flower.

They are getting better. The Layer Cake had the highest cannabinoids at 18.5%, and the employee looked up the terpenes for me at 1.4%. That was a welcome surprise when I asked about terpene percentages. They actually looked up a few lab reports for me before I purchased. The flavor and effects are fantastic. I’m adding Curaleaf back to the list with 1/8ths at $35 standard, plus tons of promos on top.
That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!!! Good product and a good deal!!!!! Love it when it works like this.....$76 is amazing!

I am basking in your glory....... :cheers:

Edit: Almost forgot.....Truflower minis today have no purchase limits. And probably none left :doh:

Jah75

so ground dropped from GH today and I dont think any was at the Gainesville location. On the plus side - it looks like Mondays are going to be a normal ground drop day for GH. Ill try again next monday morning at 630 am :lol:

iammyself

so ground dropped from GH today and I dont think any was at the Gainesville location. On the plus side - it looks like Mondays are going to be a normal ground drop day for GH. Ill try again next monday morning at 630 am :lol:
It came in stock at 8:09am for the North Miami location. I use the GetYourPotBot on Discord to get stock alerts for that location. I wasn’t going to pick up any, then the Pot Bot notified me again at 8:41 that they stocked Wookie Girl and Jilly Bean. I had to grab a Wookie, and have been wanting to try Jilly Bean. That’s the same way I get notified when half oz come in stock.

iammyself

Man I gotta look into that, I get zero notifications other than surterra.
It looks like the guy who started it has built it out since I joined; you can setup alerts for Harvest, Liberty Health Science, Muv, One Plant, Rise, and Vidacann in addition to Grow Healthy now. It’s a little confusing to setup if you don’t already use Discord (I didn’t). Maybe I’ll write up a tutorial soon.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I don't even know what Discord is, lol.
Edit: oh no, its another instant messaging app...I will have to think about it.
It would be awesome if you wrote that up.

Jah75

It looks like the guy who started it has built it out since I joined; you can setup alerts for Harvest, Liberty Health Science, Muv, One Plant, Rise, and Vidacann in addition to Grow Healthy now. It’s a little confusing to setup if you don’t already use Discord (I didn’t). Maybe I’ll write up a tutorial soon.
Nice and thanks for the invite link - time to go get it set-up!

iammyself

I don't even know what Discord is, lol.
Edit: oh no, its another instant messaging app...I will have to think about it.
It would be awesome if you wrote that up.
I'm going to assume with this guide that everyone has a basic level of computer and internet knowledge, we are on a forum after all.

1) Create a Discord account, if you don't already have one, and install the app. Discord has instructions here on their website.

2) Click on this link and accept the invite to join the Pot Bot Discord group.

3) Tap the little 3 line menu in the top left of the app.

4) Tap on the dispensary-roles channel, and scroll to find the dispensary you want to receive notifications for.

5) Tap on the green ✅ box to add that dispensary.

Here's screen recording I made and uploaded to YouTube to help you visualize it. Let me know if there are any questions. Good luck scoring some of the best flower and rosin in the state!

Jah75

I'm going to assume with this guide that everyone has a basic level of computer and internet knowledge, we are on a forum after all.

1) Create a Discord account, if you don't already have one, and install the app. Discord has instructions here on their website.

2) Click on this link and accept the invite to join the Pot Bot Discord group.

3) Tap the little 3 line menu in the top left of the app.

4) Tap on the dispensary-roles channel, and scroll to find the dispensary you want to receive notifications for.

5) Tap on the green ✅ box to add that dispensary.

Here's screen recording I made and uploaded to YouTube to help you visualize it. Let me know if there are any questions. Good luck scoring some of the best flower and rosin in the state!

It already paid off for me. I just got a notification and ordered a half of strawberry haze ground that they just put up 🥰
That’s more money that I can save and put towards Harvest Budder drop on Saturday 🤤

thanks again!

His_Highness

Trulieve Bulk Pack - 1/2 oz Truflower packages for $120!!!! Purple Wookie - Indica 18.27% THC and Member Berry - Hybrid - 19.93% THC.

It's this kind of sale that makes me wish I hadn't stocked up already but I'm already over it because there ain't none left at my location. Maybe you'll do better at your location.

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I'm on the PotBot now, same nickname as here...not real sure how you see the messages, I got a notification in my lock screen but I can't find it in the discord app.

iammyself

Tap the 3 line menu, then tap the dispensary you are getting updates for in the stock updates section. You can scroll through all the notifications, the location you chose to get alerts for are highlighted in yellow.

Jah75

I'm on the PotBot now, same nickname as here...not real sure how you see the messages, I got a notification in my lock screen but I can't find it in the discord app.
If you are on the app (I'm in IOS app so hopefully it isn't different)
1. swipe right
2. click the @ symbol along the bottom
all your mentions from the dispos you have chosen will be here. - you can hit the x after you look at them to clear your Mention box (@ box) so that new notifications will be readily accessible later

You can also navigate to the channel for the dispo and look back for the yellow highlights as @iammyself mentioned above

On another note I just went and picked up my half zip of strawberry haze from GH.....this stuff smacks - super strong strawberries on the inhale in my FW7 and great effects. It says only .69% terps but is super fruity!

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I need to figure this out. I picked the stores I wanted but it seems I get a notice for every store. Example, I picked LHS Summerville and I get notices for all the LHS's in the state. I'll look more tonight.

His_Highness

Trulieve: 35% off (Not stackable) - 3/11/2021 only - TruPods, carts, RSO, TruCrmbl, TruWax - IN OLD PACKAGING. I mentioned before that concentrates aren't really my thing but for the right price I like to keep some around the house. I prefer 'full spectrum' so when I see a discount like this at any dispensary I check for things like RSO and live resin. My location does have Wax (1gram $42) amd Crumble (1gram $39)

His_Highness

VidaCann - have bought flower from them when it was an amazing deal. Unfortunately the deal was great and the flower wasn't. I haven't bought from them since.

Got an email this morning saying Tropicanna Haze Flower (Sativa) is 25% off 3/12/2021 and cannot be combined with other offers. THC 28.42% and CBD .096%. If it weren't for the THC % I wouldn't have mentioned this....its the highest THC % I've ever seen from VidaCann. At $50 and 25% off that would bring an eight to $37.50

Top Bottom