• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Pen Focus Vaporizer

Taxy

I don't know how much it fits but I would say more than enough.
I had to buy herb capsules separately and I'm happy I did. I never use focus without one. I also got focus water tool that I use without water instead of regular glass mouthpiece.
cleaning is really easy when using capsule. the insides of the capsule stays clean after emptying. I don't know if it's because of "material" I'm currently using for vaping or the material of capsule...
for dimensions check official site.

I tried the herb cartridges with no success, How do you vape it? The only thing I can think of Temperature Adjustment. In my crafty the carts work great.

Taxy,

djurodjakovic

no success in what way?
I just fill the cartridge, unusually 1/3 to 1/2 and start vaping from 195C to 225C. I up the temp by 5 every puff.

djurodjakovic,

Taxy

no success in what way?
I just fill the cartridge, unusually 1/3 to 1/2 and start vaping from 195C to 225C. I up the temp by 5 every puff.
Do you waite a time to let the herb warm up when you first start? Is the herb cartridge the silver original ones or the newer ones? Do you get clouds? I thought with a conduction vape, the material has to come in contact withe chamber's heating element. Do you do anything else to get results? Grind fine or coarse

Taxy,

djurodjakovic

anyone used NCR18650A (green) protected battery?
does it fit because of diff dimensions?
we can use 3000-3500mAh right (my original is samsung 3200mAh)?

djurodjakovic,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
anyone used NCR18650A (green) protected battery?
does it fit because of diff dimensions?
we can use 3000-3500mAh right (my original is samsung 3200mAh)?
It is not the Mah that is important but the Maximum continuous discharge current.

• Model: NCR18650A
  • Manufacturer: Panasonic
  • Country of Origin: Japan
  • Chemistry: NCR
  • Max. continuous discharge current: 6.2
  • Nominal capacity: 3100 mAh
  • Nominal voltage: 3.6 V
  • Discharge end voltage: 2.5 V
  • Charging voltage: 4.20 +/- 0.05 V
  • Standard charging current: 1.25 A
    I have zero idea which samsung you got but if you know the model check the values
    If it is this one i think you are ok !
    • Model: INR18650-32A
    • Manufacturer: Samsung
    • Country of Origin: South Korea
    • Chemistry: ICR
    • Max. continuous discharge current: 6.4A
    • Nominal capacity: 3200 mAh

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Had a second session and couldn't reproduce the same cloud production and the mouth piece got quite warm. Will be fine for my friend but I'll go back to my Solos.

djurodjakovic

I don't use the glass mouthpiece any more.
It does get quite warm on higher temp settings. They should have made it a bit taller/longer IMO.
I use only original water pipe (dry cos it's a pain to dry it).

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
A friend of mine purchased a focus vape after my advice on something cheap and reliable electric and from all the reviews on all the vapes around the 100E category the focus seemed to be the one... The vape feels nice when holding it.. the rubber -ish material makes it look stealth and solid.
We had some issues getting it work. It was only when my friend read somewhere about the ceramic part and after some troubleshooting we got it properly working. The little ceramic part just before the mouthpiece is of no use really. We had to use a screen, little bigger than the original to prevent it from sucking in. This was a huge difference in the whole experience. Clouds started coming out and the mouthpiece would not block anymore.
The three last temps are those that will give you the most visible clouds with the red being the one making thinks go spice up and it will punish you if you don't acknowledge the little tickle behind the throat that tells you should really stop.. :whip:
ABV was evenly roasted and the taste overall very satisfactory.. Almost no plastic feeling/taste at all.. for that money this looks to me as a fine value for money vape.. maintenance looks fairly easy and cleaning as well which seems to be built to last.. the pro version probably worth the little extra bucks which I may be thinking of grabbing at some point... Does the pro performs better as well or it's just the led screen and the temp full range that you're getting with it?

Something else that I'd like to ask you guys.. My friend accidentally purchased 2 extra pro batteries. Is it ok to use a 3200mah with the focus (not the pro.. :freak:) or will it cause issues..??

Abysmal Vapor

Something else that I'd like to ask you guys.. My friend accidentally purchased 2 extra pro batteries. Is it ok to use a 3200mah with the focus (not the pro.. :freak:) or will it cause issues..??
Hey it is not a problem to use more powerful batteries than the stock ones but it is really not the mAH that matter but the cont pulse discharge or smth like that.. I think the focus is low amp like 5-6A so you are probably ok,but better safe than sorry :).
Do you know more about the specific brand or have a link from where he ordered ?
haha just saw my post above... lol..
it is Max. continuous discharge current: You need at least 6 .

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Hey man.. thnx for the quick reply! ;)
I think he got it from vaposhop @ 99E.. came in fairly quick as well.. I've only seen reviews on the internet and read some stuff here as well. Seems like a decent brand that respects the money spent on their product.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@voodoo_vape ... Buying the recommended Focus Pro battery will work as long as .... That 3200mah battery is a flat-top 18650 and from a reputable retailer and not a counterfeit. Sounds like you have nothing to worry about.

I have all 3 Focus vapes. The very first one, with the rubber covering, you are describing with the buttons for temp. The second version, "The Pro", digital temp with the rubber covering. The third version, "Pro S", with the aluminum covering and digital temp.

Sounds like your asking about the "The Pro" not the "The Pro S". Of the three versions I prefer "The Pro".

Here's an in-depth review I did awhile back....
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/focus-vaporizer.20357/page-11#post-993583

leveltree

never wanted to beat that one ;)
@His_Highness what exactly do you prefer in the pro vs S?
I was looking at the pro over a year ago and now I saw the pro s which brought my attention back to focusvape after a disappointing adventurer.

As I have a tubo and a Vapcap M the focusvape would mainly provide more ease of use with groups and newbies and also stealth.
The pro S looks great to me and I thought about picking it up in a future sale.
But if the pro version is superior I have to reconsider...
Edit: I read about lower heating power, is this a consistent issue?

Last edited:

His_Highness

@leveltree - It may be just personal preference or maybe my Pro-S is slightly off the standard but for me the Pro-S seems to require a higher temp than the Pro and that in turn makes it harsher for me. Some folks have also said the Pro-S is externally hotter and while I agree that the Pro-S may be externally hotter I didn't find it uncomfortably so.

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
Does the pro performs better as well or it's just the led screen and the temp full range that you're getting with it?
I personally prefer the Pro over the Pro S, a lot. I am one who finds the internal temp way too low and the external temp WAY too high for me. I guess I have baby hands or something.

I'm really disappointed that PIU is only selling the Pro S.

SirFall

I got a Focusvape from a friend of mine and used it for 2 or 3 month and it worked perfectly. Yesterday when I wanted to take some hits it suddenly wasn't heating anymore but flashing yellow a few times after about 5-8 seconds of 'heatup'. Would be nice if someone knew how to fix it beacause I'm not abled to send it back to the shop...

SirFall,

kbrown5523

Hopping in Washington
I got a Focusvape from a friend of mine and used it for 2 or 3 month and it worked perfectly. Yesterday when I wanted to take some hits it suddenly wasn't heating anymore but flashing yellow a few times after about 5-8 seconds of 'heatup'. Would be nice if someone knew how to fix it beacause I'm not abled to send it back to the shop...
Sorry to hear that. I've had my Focus Pro fail on me twice before, PIU fixed it the first time and sent me a replacement the second time. It's why I like dealing with them so much.

His_Highness

@SirFall - The reason I asked about trying a new battery is two-fold. First, when you remove the battery the device resets so you have to re-enter the temp again and that may reset the device and second, it may be a battery issue.

The device also supports pass-thru so you can charge it and use it at the same time. Pass-thru isn't highly recommended because it can reduce the life of the battery.

You could try removing the battery, putting it back in and charging for an hour and then try the pass-thru.

His_Highness,
Reactions: leveltree

PPN

Volute of Vapor
It is not the Mah that is important but the Maximum continuous discharge current.

• Model: NCR18650A
  • Manufacturer: Panasonic
  • Country of Origin: Japan
  • Chemistry: NCR
  • Max. continuous discharge current: 6.2
  • Nominal capacity: 3100 mAh
    I have zero idea which samsung you got but if you know the model check the values
    If it is this one i think you are ok !
    • Model: INR18650-32A
    • Manufacturer: Samsung
    • Country of Origin: South Korea
    • Chemistry: ICR
    • Max. continuous discharge current: 6.4A
    • Nominal capacity: 3200 mAh
I jump on the battery topic to ask about the VTC6 I bought.... wich is the best usage for them? in a mod (with I-Heat, QQ, V3,....) or in a battery operated vaporizer (Starry, Fog, Focus,...)?

Sorry to be off topic...

Still use once or two a week my "S"... no issue at all and nice to share with friends!

PPN,

Abysmal Vapor

@PPN VTC6 are good for probably most of the vape gear that runs 18650. It is a problem when the battery is overdriven ,VTC6 are really powerful,i dont think there is much to worry about.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: PPN
Top Bottom