• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

StillBiggerThanYou

I'm not going to laugh at you because we've all done some pretty braindead things at one time or another (particularly given the weed), but this does say plenty about Jeff and the caliber of person we're fortunate enough to be dealing with.

We've already seen how some choose to leave their customers out to dry when things don't work; and that's only in the last year or so.

Good on ya, Jeff.

And good on ya, too, Cannabiker, for being quality and owning it.

RobbIt

I'm not going to laugh at you because we've all done some pretty braindead things at one time or another (particularly given the weed), but this does say plenty about Jeff and the caliber of person we're fortunate enough to be dealing with.

We've already seen how some choose to leave their customers out to dry when things don't work; and that's only in the last year or so.

Good on ya, Jeff.

And good on ya, too, Cannabiker, for being quality and owning it.
Jeff and Fluxer have risen to the top of the specialty industry. He produces top quality hand made pieces at fair prices and goes out of his way to communicate and err on the consumer side. I analyze businesses for a living and you my friend are a hell of an entrepreneur!! 💪🏻😇🙏🏻

Vaporware

Yeah, reverse battery protection on devices can be helpful.

Yeah...a friend put batteries into one of our flashlights backwards and it worked for a while before it started sizzling and leaking everywhere! :uhoh:

Fortunately those were regular alkaline batteries, although I think they were large ones. Cs or maybe Ds?

I wouldn’t like to repeat that experience with 18650s... :o

The slightly amusing end to the story is that we were living in an apartment at the time and we left the battery acid covered stuff in a bag outside the door until we could figure out how to safely get rid of it, then we heard a noise near the door and looked out to see someone riding away on a bike with the bag...oops! :rofl:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Although it takes being really stoned to do this twice - it takes a real man to admit it. Kudos
Also good someone finally tested that aspect of the design! :rockon:

I am an idiot.

A while ago I posted about how my Flite had stopped working. It hadn't. The problem was purely operator error.

I'm not eager to reveal this, but I really don't want anyone to doubt the reliability of Fluxxer products. Not knowing it was operator error, Jeff took it in, and he replaced the battery management system, even though it tested fine, just to make sure there was no problem. Then, even though he never detected a fault, he returned it with a fresh set of batteries, just in case one of mine was bad.

A few days after I got it back, the same symptom returned. This time I saw the cause of the problem, and I realized the Flite is even more reliable and idiot-proof than I knew--you can install a battery backward without ruining the device.

Not only did I install a battery wrong, I did it twice.

TheBlackLodge

I am an idiot.

A while ago I posted about how my Flite had stopped working. It hadn't. The problem was purely operator error.

I'm not eager to reveal this, but I really don't want anyone to doubt the reliability of Fluxxer products. Not knowing it was operator error, Jeff took it in, and he replaced the battery management system, even though it tested fine, just to make sure there was no problem. Then, even though he never detected a fault, he returned it with a fresh set of batteries, just in case one of mine was bad.

A few days after I got it back, the same symptom returned. This time I saw the cause of the problem, and I realized the Flite is even more reliable and idiot-proof than I knew--you can install a battery backward without ruining the device.

Not only did I install a battery wrong, I did it twice.
Maybe you should add color coded polarity stickers to your batteries :rofl:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Flite has a charge jack and a charger - how did they get reversed? :D

I'm sure the FAQ has a new entry - "Were you stoned when you installed the cells? Check the cell polarity with the silkscreen!"

akit4so

Tobacco Vapourist
I knew about PACT law a bit, but I haven’t thought Heater is also effected.
I’m international, Japanese user. Me and Jeff ware talking about how to restore my FD for a month ago. Jeff is massively busy, and I’m also busy for my private reason.

I didn’t excepted PACT law is bigger impact for vape related.

Jeff, Please don’t be negative.
Please continue to make products!
FD makes happy for many people.

Thanks @mr_cfromcali
Best wishes from Japan!

Cannabiker

Flite has a charge jack and a charger - how did they get reversed? :D

I'm sure the FAQ has a new entry - "Were you stoned when you installed the cells? Check the cell polarity with the silkscreen!"
I had done a rough comparison (number of sessions) of the on-board charging vs. external, and it seemed like I wasn't getting as complete a charge on-board, so I was using the external charger.

When I sent the Flite in to Jeff, he had me remove the batteries, and I didn't notice at that point one was in backward. When I got it back I was still curious about the charging difference, so I was installing an externally-charged set, a full 4.2 volts each, which is when I put one in backward again--except this time I realized the error. I never caught it the first time--doing it again alerted me that the problem was me.

I'm just going to be happy with the on-board charging. If there is a difference, it's nominal.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Of course you are right @Cannabiker - the wall warts are painfully inaccurate. I understand well how a fully charged Li-ion cell is highly dependent on the proper charge voltage. I have often stated that I use a precision charger on mine to maximize the charge. I'm glad it all got sorted out. Jeff is definitely one of the finest service oriented businesses I've had the pleasure to know.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

Happy Monday
:wave:

This isn't much of an update, but I wanted to check in with the thread and let folks know I'm still here and keeping an eye on things.

Fluxer is currently taking a siesta from new sales* while I wait for the PACT rules to become finalized, something expected by the end of the month. "Dry herb thermal extraction device accessories" like my heaters seem pretty far down the food chain from this law's stated e-nicotine-related targets, but I want to be sure before I stick my neck out, as it's my neck. There will be more info coming from USPS in a few weeks, and for now I'm gonna wait and see what they have to say. I'm hopeful, and since Dynavap also seems positive that they have a way forward with their own IH devices, I anticipate finding a way forward as well. Thank you for your interest and support while we wait a bit for these things to play out.

I'm sorry I have to turn folks down (for now), as I know some of you are very eager to order heaters. I hope to be back with more heaters as soon as it is clear that I can continue.

That's the latest update from Fluxer.

Cheers,
:leaf:

*I'm still doing repairs, and have a few on the bench that will go out later today. If your Fluxer heater needs to be fixed, please drop me a line at fluxerheaters@gmail.com . Thanks!

RobbIt

Hi all,

Happy Monday

This isn't much of an update, but I wanted to check in with the thread and let folks know I'm still here and keeping an eye on things.

Fluxer is currently taking a siesta from new sales* while I wait for the PACT rules to become finalized, something expected by the end of the month. "Dry herb thermal extraction device accessories" like my heaters seem pretty far down the food chain from this law's stated e-nicotine-related targets, but I want to be sure before I stick my neck out, as it's my neck. There will be more info coming from USPS in a few weeks, and for now I'm gonna wait and see what they have to say. I'm hopeful, and since Dynavap also seems positive that they have a way forward with their own IH devices, I anticipate finding a way forward as well. Thank you for your interest and support while we wait a bit for these things to play out.

I'm sorry I have to turn folks down (for now), as I know some of you are very eager to order heaters. I hope to be back with more heaters as soon as it is clear that I can continue.

That's the latest update from Fluxer.

Cheers,

*I'm still doing repairs, and have a few on the bench that will go out later today. If your Fluxer heater needs to be fixed, please drop me a line at fluxerheaters@gmail.com . Thanks!
Thanks for the update Jeff. Many of us are rooting for you! 👏

RobbIt,

Texus

Hi all,

Happy Monday

Cheers,

Don't worry, I'll mess up my Flite real real bad before sending it back to you. That'll keep you busy while the dust settles....

fak

The Dude
So I just snagged a Flux Deluxe from a very kind ent (got super lucky!!), it's a base model 16mm coil and I plan to use it with my Ti tips. It comes with four batteries already but I wanted to grab another set.

I was wondering, what are the absolute best 18650s that I can put in this bad boy, I want to make sure I'm giving the best possible quality juice to the system XD

Also can I just pick up any 4 bay 18650 charger or does it need something specific? I have a luc v4 charger but sadly it's only two bay

TommyDee

Vaporitor
3 cells is enough @fak - and they don't have to be too special. The Fluxer draws less than 10 amps so a 15-20 amp cell is sufficient. I'd aim for max milliamphours [mah] rating. You should be able it come close to 3500mah with capacity. if you trust your charger, it will work fine.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
So I just snagged a Flux Deluxe from a very kind ent (got super lucky!!), it's a base model 16mm coil and I plan to use it with my Ti tips. It comes with four batteries already but I wanted to grab another set.

I was wondering, what are the absolute best 18650s that I can put in this bad boy, I want to make sure I'm giving the best possible quality juice to the system XD

Also can I just pick up any 4 bay 18650 charger or does it need something specific? I have a luc v4 charger but sadly it's only two bay

If buying a new charger, make sure it can at least deliver 2 amp charge per bay. Otherwise, you wait...

fak

The Dude
3 cells is enough @fak - and they don't have to be too special. The Fluxer draws less than 10 amps so a 15-20 amp cell is sufficient. I'd aim for max milliamphours [mah] rating. You should be able it come close to 3500mah with capacity. if you trust your charger, it will work fine.
Thank you for the quick reply, I had mistakenly typed four for some reason haha I'm way too excited. The only 3500 mah batteries I could find quickly were the LG MJ1 10A which I take it is too low, Sony's it is then I suppose?

If buying a new charger, make sure it can at least deliver 2 amp charge per bay. Otherwise, you wait...
Thanks for this, I just double checked the charger and it says it will charge batteries from 10440 to 26650, and will output 0.5A when charging four batteries, and 1.0A when charging two batteries (it's the EFest LUC V4 from my vaping days). It seems it's a bit difficult to find a charger which will do all three batteries @ 2A but then again I haven't looked that much.

fak,
Reactions: RobbIt

RustyOldNail

Thank you for the quick reply, I had mistakenly typed four for some reason haha I'm way too excited. The only 3500 mah batteries I could find quickly were the LG MJ1 10A which I take it is too low, Sony's it is then I suppose?

Thanks for this, I just double checked the charger and it says it will charge batteries from 10440 to 26650, and will output 0.5A when charging four batteries, and 1.0A when charging two batteries (it's the EFest LUC V4 from my vaping days). It seems it's a bit difficult to find a charger which will do all three batteries @ 2A but then again I haven't looked that much.

Yeah, unless you want to pay more like my SKYRC MC3000 analyzer Charger. Then most 4-bay chargers, will do each bay at 1amp. I have used XTar chargers in the past with no issues.

TheBlackLodge

I use the MJ1's, they work well.

Vaporware

I’ve used Sony/Murata VTC6s and Molicel P26As and I’m not positive that there was a real difference, but after I started using the P26As and before I thought about it I was feeling like it was too aggressive for me.

After switching back to the VTC6s I felt like they were not dramatically different but noticeably less aggressive so I stuck with those.

I wouldn’t take that as indisputable fact, in other uses the P26As are my favorites, and if you want to give your FD a little more power I think they’ll help, but at least for me I feel like a little less power might be better here. :)

If you’re not sure what I mean by “aggressive”, I was respecting the click on my 2018 caps and from the first heat cycle it was starting to taste a little overcooked for me.

For someone trying to get more vapor in one hit, it might be the little bump you’re looking for. For me it was a little much. :)

I think the Flite’s PWM makes a much larger difference though, if that helps to put it in perspective, so you may not even notice a difference. I think I noticed mostly because I was right on the upper edge of what I wanted with the VTC6s.

Texus

If you are looking for a versatile 18650 charger, I am quite liking this one from Amazon, which can also be used as a battery pack to charge other devices and even has wireless charging that works with my phone. I've been pleased so far.

RustyOldNail

If you are looking for a versatile 18650 charger, I am quite liking this one from Amazon, which can also be used as a battery pack to charge other devices and even has wireless charging that works with my phone. I've been pleased so far.

I believe the OP was looking for a charger for 18650 batteries. Battery packs are great when one the go, but since the pack needs to be charged... well you get it ...

I took a quick look at the product linked. While you can charge 18650’s in it, I could not find the max charge rate. Reviews were not great, personally I feel safer using a dedicated unit designed just for charging like:

Last edited:

RobbIt

One suggestion: if you think you may need to also charge 18350s (eg for the Flite) note that not all 18650 chargers accommodate both sizes.

Top Bottom