Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

Mine was sent 1-2 day express per request so I could hopefully avoid this exact thing... it spent the weekend and MLK day in San Fran, but luckily it escaped and is safely in my hands.

I've seen a lot of snags with USPS lately but they always show up! Have faith, my friend. It will be worth the wait.

Jethro

Apologies for a mundane shipping-related question - but have any other Flite folks had their package fall into an extended stay in the SF, CA USPS facility while en route? Mine has been stuck there for almost a week now with no scanning. Realize things are still a huge mess currently with the USPS but wasn't sure if anyone could offer any comfort, or metrics on if/when my shipment may come unstuck? Or, just commiserate?

Mine had to travel to the other side of the country and was in limbo for over 2 weeks but it did arrive! Better than another package that I had that I'm still waiting on, ordered mid December. It started in NY, sat there for 2 weeks, then went to NJ (I'm in NH) then went to TN, Indiana, then to CA where it visited 2 locations, finally back to NJ and yesterday it says it's in NH! Maybe I'll actually get it this week! USPS is a bit of a mess right now but it seems things do make it eventually.

Aos3327

Apologies for a mundane shipping-related question - but have any other Flite folks had their package fall into an extended stay in the SF, CA USPS facility while en route? Mine has been stuck there for almost a week now with no scanning. Realize things are still a huge mess currently with the USPS but wasn't sure if anyone could offer any comfort, or metrics on if/when my shipment may come unstuck? Or, just commiserate?
Mine is hanging out with yours. 😂 watch the traffic on 64 suck too and take longer.

n0tu2

I tried it with my 2020 tip and it worked much better. That mouthpiece though, I don't know if I can get used to it. The hits I get are much cooler than a stock M, so that is a plus. It's just gonna take some getting used to. I won't give you on it yet, but I'm kind of wishing I put this money towards a simrell shorty or something.

On a side note, I noticed the condenser on the 2020M had a much larger diameter than my old 2018M.

yeah, it grows on you. I agree the mouthpiece may take some getting used to for some. I vape regular e-juice out of box mods & tanks so I'm used to the wider mouthpiece feel (the ones I use are all 810 wide-mouths that are even wider then that one) if you're used to the smaller dyna mouthpiece i can see where some might not like it at first. the tectonic uses 510 size drip tips/any 510 vape drip tip will work with it. They are a dime a dozen on some vape shop sites. The one that comes with it has its own air hole (air slot?) that can be closed also so I leave it closed. Other 510 mouthpieces are all different. some with or without air slots, some super tiny mouth piece like dyna, you can even get a skull one, they are mostly acrylic or plastic but some are SS. Just need to make sure it's 510 style so it fits. I was looking around @ some e-juice/vape web sites (search '510 drip tip', or '510 stainless drip tip') and there are some nice assorted ones for only 9 or 10 dollars that have a handful of SS ones included. some are only a dollar, lol. You don't need to buy BB brand. Just make sure they are '510' size and SS before checkout (acrylic would work too, but it might not match look-wise, 510 is key)

n

Texus

While we are going OT on the Tectonic, I am not getting any air leak on mine. So you may want to tinker or contact seller. Since it was released is recently I was surprised to see it as a Sneaky Pete Product of the year.

Aos3327

Yours move at all? Mine made it to Va Beach late last night.

Aos3327,

rvarick

Yours move at all? Mine made it to Va Beach late last night.
Nah, unfortunately not. Stuck a full week now in SF. So much for their "Priority" "2-day" I guess! :shrug:

I honestly do feel for, and don't envy the folks at the USPS. However, it's also unfair that (based on what I've read) when they get overwhelmed they switch to LIFO (last in first out), vs. FIFO (first in first out). I think this is part of a strategy to keep *most* packages on time, while letting some go really late; which makes their overall metrics look better. Unfortunately this means some people have stuff that ends up really late! At least it's not a Christmas gift still being waited on like for some folks though! And hope other's Flites are moving faster through the fleet!

Last edited:

n0tu2

that sucks on the shipping delays. i know USPS is having a rough time but they still do randomly xray contents even though priority is supposed to not be. xray of flite might throw some flags for a closer look and delay shipment. think about it, small rectangle with coils and batterys, especially in these turbulent times. once its done with checks then back on its way. just a thought

n

Aos3327

Nah, unfortunately not. Stuck a full week now in SF. So much for their "Priority" "2-day" I guess! :shrug:

I honestly do feel for, and don't envy the folks at the USPS. However, it's also unfair that (based on what I've read) when they get overwhelmed they switch to LIFO (last in first out), vs. FIFO (first in first out). I think this is part of a strategy to keep *most* packages on time, while letting some go really late; which makes their overall metrics look better. Unfortunately this means some people have stuff that ends up really late! At least it's not a Christmas gift still being waited on like for some folks though! And hope other's Flites are moving faster through the fleet!
Sorry Bud, I was hoping it meant good news for you too.

Aos3327,

Zoltani

Hey, one question for you @mr_cfromcali when you say the flite is meant for "light" use what do you consider "light"? I have a feeling I am doing some "heavy" testing as I use a full battery charge a day, sometimes 1.5, I love this little thing. It performs even better with the 2020M tip/cap, cooks perfectly. I was stoked on this before but now just blown away, amazing device.

sag

Numer 28 reporting in. I got this thing inauguration day so I spent the day inaugurating my new IH. Great shipping packaging with USPS coming through in the end. Very impressed with the product. I'm glad I went with the 16mm coil. This thing is a beast. A huge hit on the first heat up, the second is close to combusting. I start playing with the height of the vapcap off the bottom. Very pleased with the fit and finish. Congratulations on a great addition to the cappers out there. Will take awhile coming from a single flame but work hard on converting to the IH world.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Hey, one question for you @mr_cfromcali when you say the flite is meant for "light" use what do you consider "light"? I have a feeling I am doing some "heavy" testing as I use a full battery charge a day, sometimes 1.5, I love this little thing. It performs even better with the 2020M tip/cap, cooks perfectly. I was stoked on this before but now just blown away, amazing device.

I easily run a charge through mine per day @Zoltani - maybe substitute the word 'light use' with 'personal use'. Parts inside need a moment to cool down so the thermal fuse doesn't get an attitude. Normally that cooldown coincides with user's enjoyment. That doesn't mean you can't just rip through several bowls. It should be able to keep up with most of us without tripping the fuse.

Last edited:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hi all,

A few updates - Flite batch #2 is fully shipped. Thank you! I am glad to see those begin to arrive. Thanks for posting, @sag !

I am now completing a few out-of-batch Flites for a few people whose orders didn't make it into either batch, for various reasons. As I said yesterday, I have already been in touch w/the people in this mini-batch.

I have to go offline for a bit to run some errands and do some non-Fluxer stuff, but I'll be back later today and give an update on the availability of Flite batch #3, as well as an update on Flix v2. :brow:

@rvarick - Can you send me an email or PM with the tracking number? I can dig it up on my end but it doesn't hurt to verify it. Even for the present USPS situation, yours is an unusual delay, and I don't want you waiting too much longer for this. Thanks!

@Zoltani - Cool! Glad you are getting it sorted out. The 16mm is no slouch. ;) All I mean by "light" use is "Dynavap ONLY" - don't use the Flite to forge a knife or shoe a horse. The Flite is thermally stable and can tolerate longer pulsed heating sessions. The thermal fuse will kick in if things get too hot and will keep you out of real trouble. Hope that helps?

Cheers,
:leaf:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I has a 3D printer freighted from Cali. You'd think a nice simple ride up I5. How in the fucking hell did it end up -stuck in snow- in eastern Oregon? 3 days became 2 weeks.

Aos3327

Well what the hell, Jeff my package says it’s being returned to sender. But my address is correct?

Aos3327,

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well what the hell, Jeff my package says it’s being returned to sender. But my address is correct?

I'm very sorry for the frustration, @Aos3327 . I don't know why USPS deemed your address insufficient, but let's take this to PM, OK? I sent you a message with a few questions. Thanks. I'd like to get another heater on its way to you quickly as I can.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
At some point one has to give in. I've had Germany tell me that my private eBay sales needed a packing slip and the CN22 was insufficient.

More to the point, the return rarely has priority. It took Frankf@rt 2 months to get the package back to me. Jeff can short circuit that by a lot!

TommyDee,

Aos3327

At some point one has to give in. I've had Germany tell me that my private eBay sales needed a packing slip and the CN22 was insufficient.

More to the point, the return rarely has priority. It took Frankf@rt 2 months to get the package back to me. Jeff can short circuit that by a lot!
Oh yeah he’s fantastic. I think we got it situated.

Aos3327

#37 has arrived. I expected small but this is impressive. Solid as hell and the magnets are MAGNETS. No shaking or loose lids. I stuck with the 15mm coils and do not regret it. Nice dark ABV in 2. Jeff you are the man. Usps had me panicking but it t was worth the worry. What a gem.

Top Bottom