• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Fluxer Heaters, induction heaters for Dynavap

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Anyone know if the “October gang” has been contacted yet? I think I placed myself on the waitlist in October or November, at least I hope I did :)

Hi,

Sorry, but I haven't gotten those emails out yet. I've been busy with some other tasks I needed to get done ASAP, and as a result I haven't finished the data prep for the October waiting list emails. I hope to finish the data prep soon and send out the emails this weekend. I'll post here and update my FC signature when I do.

I'll also post a more general Fluxer update soon - I have been extremely busy with the Flix circuit board revision (no new features, but hopefully improved reliability, which is the sexiest feature of them all ;) ). I've also been putting a lot of time into the as-yet-unnamed project I hinted at in my last update - :brow: - and this work has kept me away from making stuff. Now that the Flix PCB revision is done and the other project has a few versions in the pipeline, I need to get back to making and selling my current models.

:popcorn:

More to come, so stay tuned. :D

Cheers,
:leaf:

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Glad you poked your head out of the bunker @mr_cfromcali . Now get back to work! LOL

Yeah, it's been a crazy and busy couple of weeks. Not a lot of heaters to show for it, but I did pump out a lot of circuit interations. :haw:

You did see the accidental reveal of the Orion, right?

No, actually - not until I clicked just now. Thanks for posting that! I've obviously missed what I assume has been a heated discussion about the design (no pun intended). Looks like a nice size, I am sure they feel they have an end-game product there. Might even be a bit smaller than the thing I may-or-may-not be working on. ;) Some other differences, too, I'm sure. Very interested in seeing how it performs.

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Everyone is still oogling. This was suppose to be released in about 2 weeks. Glad you got a deep dive into that board.

These were posted in the VC posts but I haven't seen it elsewhere;

• 1000 mAh battery
  • 11cm x 6cm x 3.5cm
  • 150g
  • USB-C
  • 5-7 seconds to click
  • 10 sec. safety shutoff

Interesting! Thanks for the posting the details. I'm not unhappy to see those specs :D

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
You might as well bill me for one of your new heaters right now. You know I'm going to need one to keep my Fluxer collection complete. :D

fluxers.jpg

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Umm, how did I NEVER put that together (or rather separate out), I just always read it as Mr. Comfrali. A nice strong, Italian name. :p

Sorry to disappoint you, @Jill NYC, but “Mr. C from Cali” was my intent. That said, I like your reading of it and wish I had thought of that.

Lastly...(spoiler alert): the “C” doesn’t stand for anything in particular. It’s just a made up name.

swieder711

Everyone is still oogling. This was suppose to be released in about 2 weeks. Glad you got a deep dive into that board.

These were posted in the VC posts but I haven't seen it elsewhere;

• 1000 mAh battery
  • 11cm x 6cm x 3.5cm
  • 150g
  • USB-C
  • 5-7 seconds to click
  • 10 sec. safety shutoff
The link to the leak doesn't work. Did anyone get a screen grab that they can share?

swieder711,
Reactions: bulllee

ghost7ateoh

After waiting a month for my Flix to arrive (purchased from a user on Reddit not direct) it unfortunately arrived broken :cry:

I even got hit with $40 CAD of import/duties and they dropped it off in this condition...

I will attach a link to imgr so you can see the damage which looks like the inner glass portion.
Is this fixable? If so would it be easy for someone that is not experience working on these?

Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated, thanks.

Planck

believes in Dog
I even got hit with $40 CAD of import/duties
I expect that all or most of this was "brokerage charges".
I expect it was not shipped via post.
Worse case via post is generally GST/PST and 5 bux for processing, usually nothing.
The courier cartels have criminally high "brokerage charges"

mr_cfromcali

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The wait is killing me.... Any word on the October list?

Sorry/ I have not finished the data prep yet, so no emails for October have gone out yet. I had intended to get to that last week, but something else required my immediate attention. I finally finished that other thing today, so I'll be moving on to the October emails next. I hope to get them out this week. Sorry for the extra delay.

A few other updates:

Flix: I am currently making several dozen Flix PCBs and expect to be posting more to the Fluxer store soon, probably over the weekend or next week. The circuit board revisions - plus some add'l development :brow: - took longer than anticipated, and as a result it's been about six weeks since I had inventory for sale in the store. :o Stuff happens, but I hadn't intended to take such a long break from making new heaters. I like the development process, but I think it's in a good spot, and I'm eager to get back to making heaters for people. :)

Flix Battery Pack Adapters: Hey hey! The first version w/integrated battery meter is done and will be available for purchase when the Flix go back on sale in the store. I'm pretty happy with these, and think they'll be solid performers. Check 'em out:

Fluxer Heaters DeWalt® DCB120 12VDC Battery Pack Adapter w/18AWG power cable; US$15 (+ shipping if purchased separately):
  • custom battery pack adapter, with battery meter and 2.5MM x 5.5mm DC port
  • 50cm (19") 18AWG power cable with 2.5mm x 5.5mm ends

IMG-0145-private.jpg

IMG-0143-private.jpg

IMG-0149-private.jpg

IMG-0151-private.jpg

IMG-0152-private.jpg

IMG-0155-private.jpg

IMG-0153-private.jpg

That's the latest. I'll have some more updates soon - and maybe an announcement, too :brow: - after the next shipment of circuit boards get here on Monday or Tuesday.

Cheers,
:leaf:

Top Bottom