Multi-brand Flowermate CAP

david8613

I am not sure if someone mentioned this, I think someone said here they wish the cap had a standby mode, it does, right after the 5 minutes it shuts down, just hold the button down a couple of seconds and she fires right back up, back in action. I only skimmed through instructions, so I am not sure if this was mentioned in there. I found this out because I had it in my back pocket and I felt something warm on my butt while driving! lol nothing dangerous though. another thing I found after a longer period of no use not sure how long it will come out of stand by mode and will be completely off so you have to click the button 5 times to get her turned one again, very nice well thought out, dead simple.

it would have been cool if they added another setting where it would it would go through all 3 temperatures during a 5 minute session automatically.

another cool feature they should add is a boost mode, when your on any setting hold down the button and get another 10 degrees or more, so if your on red on red you can really kill a load.

I am having a lot of fun with this little one, I like it for what it is super small, super simple, super quick!

I really wish it had USB-C, I have to look for a micro usb everytime I need to charge it, not too big of a deal but companies have been moving away from mirco usb for sometime now.

Talk about ultimate stealth!!! I brought my cap to work to show it to some friends, one thought I was handing them a usb flash drive, another friend thought I was handing him a mini power bank. both friends could not believe how tiny it was, I showed them how to use it and how fast heat up was, and vapor quality and they definitely want one, they liked it very much.

the more I use it the more it reminds me of my davinci iq I had awhile back, just way smaller and way easier to use.

Last edited:

g_truluck

I would love to try out the new flower pot. I’ve heard many great things and I am super interested in the flower pot.Would make my birthday this month awesome

g_truluck,
Reactions: ataxian

Megaton

Blimey DHL don't hang about do they? This Cap unit turned up well fast! Thanks again Flowermate!

On first impressions, I, like most others am astounded at how tiny this thing is!

Did a few top temp burn offs and a iso swab down, and had my first bowl. A loosely packed half ish bowl whilst out on a brisk walk. The first few puffs on green had amazing flavour, but I quickly turned up to red to feel proper vapor production. As it is cold out I couldn't really see what was my breath and what was vapor, but I can definitely feel the effects! Did two sessions as there was still a lot of green after the first timer ran out.

Avb was quite a light tannish brown, but as I only did a loose pack (generally a no no with conduction vapes) and I was drawing in cold air from outside, perhaps i didn't allow the unit to properly build up and retain the heat. Further scientific testing is required! :science:

elykpeace

exVASted
Mine arrived today. CAP is tiny but heats up quick. The little swirly reminds me of an intercooler.

I don't have a dynavap anymore but the hole looks to be a perfect size? Battery life seems decent. I tried a session on green (400°) and found it to be SUPER hot and a concentrated stream of lava which was really unnoticeable with my tongue/throat but I placed my index finger to get the brute of my enhale and will only be using it through water with a delta3dstudios nearly universal wpa

With that said the flavor is very good. The coated stainless seems to be a great innovation. Very terpy hits on blue (390) and the taste lingers not drops off quick like most conduction Vapes.

I'll give it some more time but it's a very tiny vape that feels great in the hand and gets the job done.

Everyone using this try to enhale with a finger in your mouth ... I know it's weird but for me it was unbareable to hold my finger there on green while enhaling.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
First thing first. My partner thinks all of my vapes are horrible to look at, but she showed interest in this one.
Background. She researched and decided on the Flowermate V5.0s and she liked it more in theory than in practice. All of those issues seem to be addressed here in this tiny device.

This is a great little thing. It is not going to be most people's daily driver, but it is a very clever design and function. After charging it up and cleaning it with iso and soapy water, I started on the high seeing because I'm no light weight, I know that I like. And it gave a decent roast that was even and started out decently flavorful.
This is a wonderful device that is perfectly designed for sippers. Look at it. Don't expect this to run on high for two cycles back to back without some major heat. The last couple minutes of the bowl got almost unbearably hot even on the tip. I recommend some silicone over the very top of the outer part of the mouthpiece. That's about my only complaint. So far.
It heats up wicked fast. It vibrates gently and quietly to tell you when a status is changing (when you to Temp, going into standbys, and turning off), so I spent no time looking at it or trying to figure anything out.
Just long press the button after the first bowl, and it will start another one. But I do not advise running two bowls back to back like that on high. I have not tested further as of yet.

The mouthpiece has a spiral inside the mouthpiece, which is something we are seeing more and more in vapes, along with the magnetic seal of the mouthpiece. The vapor is very pleasant and never got too hot, which is pretty amazing considering how close the freaking mouthpiece is to the bowl.

Did I mention it's tiny. This is your step outside for a smoke break or get high right in a movie theater. Don't do it, but you could. It almost completely fits in my dainty little palm and vapor did not leak out of the mouthpiece between sips.

Some people don't have the lung capacity to do 20 second high temp draws or simply prefer a more relaxed and casual approach to getting high. I would trust the mouthpiece to stay on in a purse, but not in my jeans pocket. Very cool device for certain users.

This is an ultra light vape with a very easy to load bowl that doesn't really need to be packed tight.

I did not pay for this device and I was not paid to review it. It was given to me so I could write an honest review of it. I like it enough that I want to investigate it more and I'll report back when I do.

One final thought. The documentation is very spartan. There really should be more than the nice quick start guide I was given. It didn't even tell me about standby mode.

david8613

It's safe to put in your pocket I have been carrying mine in my front and back Jean pockets, also in my coat pockets, I even wore it with dress pants no problem at all, mouth piece stays put. My wife is using it and liking it also, and she doesn't like any of my vapes, she only likes using my mighty, so that says something. This thing is the perfect little stealth device. I have not nailed down my favorite temperature yet. What temperature is everyone liking with the cap.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Woo-hoo! Something showed up in my mailbox today, even though DHL told me on the phone this morning that it wouldn't arrive till tomorrow. Yay for me! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

IMG-2086.jpg

There's a box in this bag! Hmmm, I wonder what could be inside?!? :hmm:

IMG-2088.jpg

Ooohhhh, nice retail packaging! :cool:

IMG-2090.jpg

Here's the info on the back of the box:

IMG-2091.jpg

And here's what's on the other four sides of the box:

IMG-2092.jpg

IMG-2092.jpg

IMG-2094.jpg

IMG-2093.jpg

IMG-2095.jpg

Okay...lets open the fucking box already!
Here she is, the CAP, in all her tiny petite beauty :clap::clap::clap:

IMG-2096.jpg

And here is everything you get in the box!
You get the Flowermate CAP vaporizer, a USB-A to Micro USB charge cable, a cylindrical cleaning brush that fits the roasting chamber nicely, some spare screens, and the instruction manual. You can see side-one of the manual in this pic:

IMG-2097.jpg

As many others here have said, this vape is TINY. Here it is with a tape measure for scale. Also in this pic, you can see the second side of the instruction manual:

IMG-2098.jpg

^ Well, that's everything. I'm toping off the charge right now, then I will swab it out with ISO, and off to the races we'll go.

I'll be back with my initial review once I've had at least a day or two to experience this neat little vape! Wish me luck :party:

jardri

Vapor Dreams
Hello gentlemen!

I received the Cap last monday and have been testing it all the week, so here are my initial thoughts about it:

This is an ultra portable unit with a very clean and simple interface which I like. Heatup time is fast but its tricky because you have to wait some more time to heatsoak the herbs or it wont produce clouds.

Airflow is very open which is great but you need some technique. If you inhale hard it wont work as desired, this vape can lose the heat real quick if you inhale too fast. As others have mentioned a very slow steady sipping will give the best results.

Oven size is perfect for me, similar to a vapcap or an arizer portable. It doesnt explicitally say to pack tight but I have tested it and a real tight pack is the best performing. It needs to restrict airflow a good bit and as any conduction device the more green matter the more clouds. I like a very fine grind and very tight packing, as you would do in a pax unit. Difference in clouds will be important doing this not only because of the added herbs but because restricting airflow makes temperatures in the oven much more stable. Packing and unpacking the oven is very easy and the oven´s coating does a real good job.

Battery life is really great for a device this size. I have tested 5 sessions in red (25-30 minutes continuous usage) and 1,5 hours of charging time. I couldn´t ask for more given the size of this tiny device.

As for the flavour I have to say I´m positively surprised. As you get it in the box there is a very little silicone and factory smell. If you dont clean the unit right out of the box it can last like 4-5 sessions and then completely dissipates. Then all you get is a terpy flavour profile. The materials used in this unit don´t alter taste at all , well done Flowermate! Also isolated airflow is a big plus for an unit this size. As it only gets to 210 ºC, it doesnt really toast the herb so popcorn flavour never really comes.

Cloud production is the aspect i find this little device lacks. Not saying you can´t get a decent visible result but you have to be very conscious of draw speed and let some seconds between inhalations to let the oven build heat. Tight packing helps a lot increasing contact surface and creating air restriction but sacrifices were made in power, this unit is absolutely thought as a stealthy one. Also max temps are not high enough so I find this unit can´t get me as high or give as pleasant clouds as an Argo, for example.

About the mouthpiece i think it is a brilliant idea but it needs a little refinement. It does an effective job at cooling the vapor and also it can stand a lot of usage without manteinance. The mouthpiece itself gets extremely hot, like lip burning hot and I think it is because there is not enough isolation between the zirconia airpath and the plastic mouthpiece. I would give mouthpiece length an extra centimeter or two and also add some empty space between the zirconia and the plastic so they dont get in direct contact.

Overall I think this unit hits stealthy users right in the spot as it is great for a few discreet draws and then back to the pocket, its shape is very similar to the electronic cigarrettes so it won´t attract any suspicious looks.

I would improve the mouthpiece so it doesnt burn when doing a full session and I would also increase power even if it´s at cost of battery life. This way we could have a near perfect stealth vape capable of quick heating, and able to give a cool satisfactory puff in under 20 seconds. Also I would increase max temps to 220ºC which would get me higher with less herbs.

Well done Flowermate this is a step in the right direction for conduction vaporizers. If you manage to address all the improvements I mentioned this can become the best stealth vape in the market. I am very thankful for having the opportunity to try this unit before it hits market.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
isyUQc4pcL8R.jpg

Here is a picture of the MP mod if anyone is interested it is an easy DIY. Just remember you gotta flip the black seal,and than push the Zirconia part into it.
@jardri Try to fill it full and tamp it a little bit with the tool,brings better clouds. :) I was frustrated with the lack of clouds at first but i got around it later.

Justpassedu

E040-E2-C0-9-FC4-4-DB9-BFC7-0-C45-B6657754.jpg
27-C446-F9-9812-42-C7-B6-CA-E0273-B523-D6-E.jpg

Got my CAP in the mail yesterday but have yet to try it out. 1st impression is I really like the size and feel in the hand . I should have no problem taking this out with me almost anywhere. Simple user interface and easy loading. I also have a Flowemate V5 Nano , Cross & the Slick and really enjoy them all minus the Cross which I feel just needed some improvements, but the Slick & V5 Nano always get put in the rotation. All operate very similar to the CAP . 1 thing I have been doing with all of them that I feel helps a bit with cleaning and clogging the mouthpiece screen and maybe even cloud production that I highly recommend to all is placing one of the extra included screens on top of my load before a session . I see some have also come up with some good ideas on the forum that are very similar . It definitely helps . I’ll post a pic below and look forward to giving this Vape a nice test shortly . Thank you @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL for letting myself and all of us test out this really cool tiny vape .
468228-E1-07-D6-4-D58-8-B6-A-2580359-CB882.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Got my CAP in the mail yesterday but have yet to try it out. 1st impression is I really like the size and feel in the hand . I should have no problem taking this out with me almost anywhere. Simple user interface and easy loading. I also have a Flowemate V5 Nano , Cross & the Slick and really enjoy them all minus the Cross which I feel just needed some improvements, but the Slick & V5 Nano always get put in the rotation. All operate very similar to the CAP . 1 thing I have been doing with all of them that I feel helps a bit with cleaning and clogging the mouthpiece screen and maybe even cloud production that I highly recommend to all is placing one of the extra included screens on top of my load before a session . I see some have also come up with some good ideas on the forum that are very similar . It definitely helps . I’ll post a pic below and look forward to giving this Vape a nice test shortly . Thank you @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL for letting myself and all of us test out this really cool tiny vape .
E=MC2 EINSTEIN made equation’s easy to understand and was more of a functional human!

The CAP is tiny and functional.
I would impress you with a few page’s of review however like the information packet I will simply say for the price and size it fit’s in my collection of medical need’s!

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Too early to provide my full review, and it would surely be super redundant with what you guys already said. But this is quite a good product. It's not the first time Smiss hit the nail properly, but there were also quite a few of their products, let's be honest, that had only a very limited success and this one looks to be clearly not one of them. It's well thought and implemented and fills the niche it was designed for pretty well: it's super stealthy, ultra portable and very affordable.

It's clear the battery capacity (900mAh) will be a limiting factor for it to be your unique daily driver, although when you compare to single-cell on demand convection vapes, I think you should get about the same number of bowls per charge, but it's much less than other conduction devices (the FM5 range for instance had two 18650's and quite the autonomy)

But it's so tiny, you can fully conceal it in your hand! You can pass security checks with it, it looks like some kind of USB gizmo and if anyone ask you just can tell it's some kind of e-cig, no further questions asked. The integrated funnel is a clear improvement compared to their earlier offerings (was a PITA to load the FM5, and requiring to carry an external funnel in the Boundless range or the SwiftPro etc)

It's also better than its direct competitor, the X-Vape Avant, which I also received for review. The latter has a ceramic mouthpiece, but it has that awful trademark robot-fart smell due to the polyimide insulation tape around the heater, which in 2020 I refuse to endure anymore, as well as a non isolated air-path (blow into the mouthpiece and you get air escaping out of the bottom USB port, thank you very much!)

My only issue with the CAP is that silicone part inside the mouthpiece. Those who know me around here know how much I dislike this material as I happen to be ultra sensitive to it obviously. I can smell it here too, but it's not disgusting like in the Ascent or others. Actually it almost has a sweet fruity smell, not dis-pleasant but still a parasitic smell I wish wasn't there. Let's hope it will fade away as I don't know how I could keep the ceramic pieces without that silicone holder and I'd prefer not to have the plastic mouthpiece in direct contact with my vapor.

Apart from that, thumbs up! :tup:

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
First off, big BIG thanks to @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL for (imo, being extremely brave &) bringing this device directly to FC. Respect due without a doubt. It's great to see a vaporizer manufacturer at this level taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm that is available on this forum via a wide variety of members from all over the world.

Secondly, as others have mentioned, shipping from China was ridiculously fast - I have never had something ship so quickly from that part of the world, so hats off to that :clap:

I received my CAP earlier in the week but due to work commitments I have only just been able to open it up & take a look. Well, I can certainly say I agree with most peoples previous comments regarding form factor & feel - all very positive indeed.

However, I am going to cut straight to the chase, because the issue I am having is with the smell & taste I am getting from the Cap with an unloaded oven.
I ISO swabbed the oven to begin with as well as the zirconia mouthpiece parts, and I cleaned the magnetic mouthpiece and silicone part in hot water. I then carried out a couple of max temp burn-offs for a few minutes each.
Next, after letting it cool, I heated it back up to max temp & took a few empty-oven puffs to see how neutral it tasted - but it did not taste neutral at all. A nasty 'new electronic' taste is very apparent to me. I have just used an entire battery charge through empty-oven burn-offs and I can still smell & taste the vaporizer. I'm now going to put it back on charge & once it's done I'll carry on some more.

Unfortunately, at this point I am not willing to load the Cap with material and inhale deeply from it - at least not until this robotic taste completely dissipates.

After everybody else's reports I am feeling a little disappointed & quite surprised that this has not been mentioned more. It's making me wonder wheather mine is worse than others or has a problem.

I've gotta be honest & I'm honestly sorry guys :(

Now, enough of my downer, howz about some nice pics to cheer us up. . . ? I know, I know, you've seen one unboxing, you've seen 'em all! :rolleyes:

20200124-152241.jpg

20200124-152528.jpg

20200124-152635.jpg

20200124-152808.jpg

20200124-152837.jpg

20200124-152949.jpg

20200124-153050.jpg

20200124-153121.jpg

20200124-153308.jpg

20200124-153350.jpg

20200124-154002.jpg

I will hopefully report back soon with some good news! (i.e. Bender stops flatulence).

:peace:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
First off, big BIG thanks to @FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL for (imo, being extremely brave &) bringing this device directly to FC. Respect due without a doubt. It's great to see a vaporizer manufacturer at this level taking advantage of the wealth of knowledge and enthusiasm that is available on this forum via a wide variety of members from all over the world.

Secondly, as others have mentioned, shipping from China was ridiculously fast - I have never had something ship so quickly from that part of the world, so hats off to that :clap:

I received my CAP earlier in the week but due to work commitments I have only just been able to open it up & take a look. Well, I can certainly say I agree with most peoples previous comments regarding form factor & feel - all very positive indeed.

However, I am going to cut straight to the chase, because the issue I am having is with the smell & taste I am getting from the Cap with an unloaded oven.
I ISO swabbed the oven to begin with as well as the zirconia mouthpiece parts, and I cleaned the magnetic mouthpiece and silicone part in hot water. I then carried out a couple of max temp burn-offs for a few minutes each.
Next, after letting it cool, I heated it back up to max temp & took a few empty-oven puffs to see how neutral it tasted - but it did not taste neutral at all. A nasty 'new electronic' taste is very apparent to me. I have just used an entire battery charge through empty-oven burn-offs and I can still smell & taste the vaporizer. I'm now going to put it back on charge & once it's done I'll carry on some more.

Unfortunately, at this point I am not willing to load the Cap with material and inhale deeply from it - at least not until this robotic taste completely dissipates.

After everybody else's reports I am feeling a little disappointed & quite surprised that this has not been mentioned more. It's making me wonder wheather mine is worse than others or has a problem.

I've gotta be honest & I'm honestly sorry guys :(

Now, enough of my downer, howz about some nice pics to cheer us up. . . ? I know, I know, you've seen one unboxing, you've seen '

I will hopefully report back soon with some good news! (i.e. Bender stops flatulence).

:peace:
Bender is brilliant!
I love it when a character is on the big screen.
JACK HERRA rosin is what I tried and liked it.
I like the size and no flame needed!
CAP tomorrow with COLAS outdoor kine but free.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
My unit was delivered yesterday, cleaned it & tried it out today. I'll spare you the heat settings used, # of hits, tamping, etc. since it's all personal preference & learning. The one thing that I will note is that I filled the chamber with the same amount of herb I fill the Ghost crucible with & there was room for more.

I gotta say, I really like it. It's simple & straight-forward to use, and, it's key feature is it's size. It's tiny! How tiny? Tiny enough that there's no excuse not to have this in your pocket or bag at all times, ready to go. Makes for a stealth vape to take a few hits anytime the mood hits. If it were white, I would then call it adorable. :nod:

I like it very much & would highly recommend it for consideration. If you are colorblind then it prob. isn't for you. It fills the niche for an inexpensive stealth portable, much in the same vein of the POTV One, Ambit, Aria & the like.

Many thanks to flowermatemarketing (@FLOWERMATE OFFICIAL) for sending me a complimentary unit.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
isyUQc4pcL8R.jpg

Here is a picture of the MP mod if anyone is interested it is an easy DIY. Just remember you gotta flip the black seal,and than push the Zirconia part into it.
@jardri Try to fill it full and tamp it a little bit with the tool,brings better clouds. :) I was frustrated with the lack of clouds at first but i got around it later.

Nice mod, can't wait to try it out. :D

Bender is brilliant!
I love it when a character is on the big screen.
JACK HERRA rosin is what I tried and liked it.
I like the size and no flame needed!
CAP tomorrow with COLAS outdoor kine but free.

Glad your on board with this vape dude. :rockon:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
A nasty 'new electronic' taste is very apparent to me. I have just used an entire battery charge through empty-oven burn-offs and I can still smell & taste the vaporizer.

I was worried at first, since many of their past products were not taste neutral out of the box. But this time I shoved my nose on the side vents to try to identify the source, and by elimination (then 3rd party confirmation) it appears to come from the silicone holder.

That being said I did my initial burn-ins on red setting, with the mouthpiece removed (and after ISO cleaning the bowl) and kept blowing inside the vent holes. Then a few times I put the mouthpiece on and blew inside it, something usually not recommended as hot air is not supposed to travel this way. I watched the shell temperature trying to not go too far during the process.

Could you check with your mouthpiece removed if you can still smell something? I'm doing it on red right now and I can only detect some faint ABV smell probably from the bowl residues.

Top Bottom