Firewood Vaporizer

PossumMD

I have seen people using fine point tweezers to remove the caps. I made a little extraction gizmo out of a paper clip.
See, I had to really hack at the bowl with my car key (I was at a friend's place), and the fucker just chuckled at me as if nothing was happening. I don't think it's wasting heaps of battery to heat it a little to release it, it's more annoying...

PossumMD,

Duba

Accessory Maker
So, here's one for you all... Scroll back and you'll see how tepid I was on the fw8, but I've been living it cos it microdoses so well like its forebear, but I like to clear a bowl then leave it for an hour or two, then empty it. Why? Cos I literally have gotten blisters from trying to empty it super quick after it finishing a bowl. But that brings up an issue I'm having now and would love some feedback on, how the fuck do I stop the capsule getting "glued" in. I've tried cleaning it every bowl. Still does it. It'll let go if I press the button for a couple of seconds and warm the unit, but it's starting to really annoy me...
Whenever possible, I remove the capsule just after finishing the bowl, while it's still hot.
Outside, it's misery...

Thank you for the advice! Made all the difference for me 😎
Great if it can help. For me too, it changed everything when I found the right setting

Duba,

PossumMD

Whenever possible, I remove the capsule just after finishing the bowl, while it's still hot.
Outside, it's misery...
Yeah, the burn happened the one time I took it out. Was too impatient to pack another bowl.

PossumMD,

chililvr

FW9 - The wood around the oven gets really hot, too hot to touch. I do understand that there are just thousandths of an inch between the oven and the outside, so I get why it is so hot. Is there anything I can do for that or just learn not to touch that area?

Thank you to those who recommended it to me! I am still learning how to get the most out of it but it is a beast!

chililvr,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
FW9 - The wood around the oven gets really hot, too hot to touch. I do understand that there are just thousandths of an inch between the oven and the outside, so I get why it is so hot. Is there anything I can do for that or just learn not to touch that area?

Thank you to those who recommended it to me! I am still learning how to get the most out of it but it is a beast!
@Duba makes leather cases. Pretty sure he has one for the fw9 already

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I just learned to keep my fingers elsewhere.

And sorry, but I just can't help it:

moondog,
Reactions: chililvr

leanpubpackage

I’ve been eyeing the FW9 because I like hybrid heating and this seems like a powerful one. My only gripe is the handling of the hot ceramic after a bowl. Scale of 1-10, how annoying is it?

How long does it take to heat up?

leanpubpackage,
Reactions: Octavia

moondog

I’ve been eyeing the FW9 because I like hybrid heating and this seems like a powerful one. My only gripe is the handling of the hot ceramic after a bowl. Scale of 1-10, how annoying is it?

How long does it take to heat up?
The annoyance with the capsules seems to be a personal thing.

For some folks it's a non-starter.

Others like myself have no problem with the capsule system. But I only use the 9 at home, love the ease of microdosing, am perfectly happy to use a pair of tweezers to remove the caps, and I pretty much never have to remove a capsule immediately after use.

I won't try to speak for people who use the 9 out and about; that is a very different usage model.

As for heating: depending on which of the three heating levels you use and whether the oven has already been heated by previous draws, I find heat up time to be about 3-6 seconds.

Not Invented Here

I think everyone has different ways of dealing with the hot capsules too. Some find some system that works for them, and I think it is definitely a personal thing. Often when I'm outside or something I'll knock the hot capsule out of the vape directly into or on to the capsule holder.
I'm enjoying the little knob on the 9 oven door that's used for helping get capsules out. If the vape is cold I can use that prong to 'break the seal' on the cold condensate and then the bowl can be wiggled and prodded with a finger and dumped out in the hand.
I think it's really interesting how quickly those hot ceramics cool while outside the vape. If you can get the capsules out and emptied while they're blisteringly hot (not recommended but I've done it a few times) they cool to room temp very rapidly with the thin walls, the touching, and the airflow through the center.

someTooL

Been on the road quite a bit lately so the Fw8 has been getting a workout. For me, I just wait until partly cooled before removing the capsule. I mean, one capsule will usually get me where I need to be and no rush to load another. But when removing if stuck a couple fiddles back and forth with the finger breaks it loose.

That nice video and using my Fw8 more makes me now want the 9…Marc still doing the early adopters discount?

3STOCK

For people who ordered a FW9 recently, how long does it usually take to start shipping?

Flooding in VT also may be affecting things. My heart goes out to Marc and the east coast.

I’ve heard that the worst part of Firewood vapes is the wait & anticipation. Almost considering buying a used FW7 or Taffe Bowle in the meantime since my crafty is dying (DM me if you’re looking to sell).

Last edited:
3STOCK,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
For people who ordered a FW9 recently, how long does it usually take to start shipping?

Flooding in VT also may be affecting things. My heart goes out to Marc and the east coast.

I’ve heard that the worst part of Firewood vapes is the wait & anticipation. Almost considering buying a used FW7 in the meantime since my crafty is drying (DM me if you’re looking to sell).
I ordered mine at the beginning of June and sent it in for repair 1 week later. Each time it was shipped out or picked up from the post office the next Tuesday, but I assume the floods might change that routine.

3STOCK

I ordered mine at the beginning of June and sent it in for repair 1 week later. Each time it was shipped out or picked up from the post office the next Tuesday, but I assume the floods might change that routine.
Update:

The FW9 arrived today! From ordering Sunday to delivered Friday. Beyond excited to try it out, just charging to full now.

Hit me with your FW9 workflow recommendations and accessories. Already have 3 extra ceramic bowls and the holder.

Will report back with thoughts and photos soon!!

Dolpaca

Update:

The FW9 arrived today! From ordering Sunday to delivered Friday. Beyond excited to try it out, just charging to full now.

Hit me with your FW9 workflow recommendations and accessories. Already have 3 extra ceramic bowls and the holder.

I find thats all you really need. An external battery charger would be useful if you want to charge multiple batteries simultaneously. I used to use tweezers but in my experience they’re more trouble than they're worth as I don't often do more than one bowl at a time, so I just wait until it cools and then dump out my herb. Putting the cap in is easy to do with your fingers.

Dolpaca,

moondog

Update:

Congratulations! You're gonna love it.

I can already hear people groaning "Oh no, he mentioned accessories. Here comes Moondog."

Because they know I'm going to say: For me, the Delta 3D capsule loading tray is indispensable.

It makes loading dead simple with no tipping capsules or spillage. Ratchet designed it using a capsule I sent him so everything fits perfectly. You can load 4 caps at a time, load the 9 and the cap holder and you're set for day/trip/next few minutes, whatever. This device definitely improves the quality of my FW9-related life.

Tweezers are not essential for many folks but my limited finger dexterity makes them a necessity.

Can't wait to hear your impressions of your new device.

Top Bottom