Firewood Vaporizer

WOW LOL can go anywhere to be insulted ,different scotttish from other cultures j
even the English dont understand us ….
anyway ill leave this , every post same ….too old for it very if you belong culture
enjoy the new vape guys
G

Vapor-catzG,
The actual post did not have any of your post in it - you only see that in the preview. When I used the url, it just kept showing up that way, so I finally had to leave it. Totally unintentional!
:tup:
NO JUST HAD PART ABOUT company in glasgow , then 4 ones but nope not , never mind it cool , no big deal ,
apart ly some other says iam a spreads robot or something ,
nope just almost fucking bling with 40 years of diabetic and a wee help sometimes with the i pad ,
anyway do i just sign out or need to close account before leaving cliequic central

vapviking

Old & In the Way
NO JUST HAD PART ABOUT company in glasgow , then 4 ones but nope not , never mind it cool , no big deal ,
apart ly some other says iam a spreads robot or something ,
nope just almost fucking bling with 40 years of diabetic and a wee help sometimes with the i pad ,
anyway do i just sign out or need to close account before leaving cliequic central
Three or four folks here tried to explain why some portion of your post showed up. It happened to be the first post on its page, and when someone makes a url link to ANY post on a page (here in FC land) then some portion of the pages first post shows in the link. You were not singled out, no one was poking fun at you, at least not the way I read it back.

I appreciate your feedback about loading and unloading, so thanks for that.

I happen to agree with @Grass Yes, I find your 'writing style' pretty unique, for me it is difficult to follow but I, for one, do value your input.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
For people with dexterity issues, I imagine this might be a deal breaker. It gets even more iffy if* tweezer’s are occasionally needed.

If I had “dexterity issues” the firewood line would probably be off the table altogether. Nothing about it is “dexterity issue” friendly.
I have dexterity issues and tweezers (and the Delta 3D loading tray) make the FW8 much easier to use. But if I'm having a particularly bad day I just drop a cart in my Yocan UNI Pro and hit that. Nowhere near as satisfying a usage experience (although effects are comparable) but "any port in a storm".

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
WOW LOL can go anywhere to be insulted ,different scotttish from other cultures j
even the English dont understand us ….
anyway ill leave this , every post same ….too old for it very if you belong culture
enjoy the new vape guys
G
I did not intend to offend. I had assumed that it might be speech-to-text because I knew you were Scottish. When I was working on a voice recognition system years ago, my colleagues in Edinburgh sent me this video:

It was a good reminder to gather more training data.😄

Mad_Max

My 9 arrived this afternoon! My first impressions with it is mixed so far. It sure does produce some solid vapor though! Here are a few quick Photos comparing it to the 7.
These are great pictures! :tup: In another picture comparing the 9 with the 8, both looked quite big and awkward. This is FW7 size! I hadn't seen a comparison picture of the 8 and 7 yet, so I didn't know the size of the thing (Except Marc gave the exact measurements a couple of pages back. Doh! )

Very convenient for portability, as the 7 is, except you can preload capsules with the 9, AND charge on the go! :rockon:

Last edited:

moondog

My 9 arrived this afternoon! My first impressions with it is mixed so far. It sure does produce some solid vapor though! Here are a few quick Photos comparing it to the 7.
Oh boy, those photos have left me with some serious G.A.S. to deal with here.

moondog,

dog walker

Thanks so much for posting these great comparison photos! They provide a much better sense of size and style than any others I've seen, and now I am envious. Looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts on it as you acclimate to it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
The Firewood 9 has a nice look to it, but the complications of loading and unloading sounds daunting. I'm waiting for a video that shows someone loading, using and unloading the unit. I don't understand why Firewood doesn't post a use video for any of these vapes. Maybe it's me, but paying over $300 for a vape that you can't see how it's used first??? I just shell out the money and hope for the best?

moondog

The Firewood 9 has a nice look to it, but the complications of loading and unloading sounds daunting. I'm waiting for a video that shows someone loading, using and unloading the unit. I don't understand why Firewood doesn't post a use video for any of these vapes. Maybe it's me, but paying over $300 for a vape that you can't see how it's used first??? I just shell out the money and hope for the best?
Firewood is literally a one-man operation. Marc is too busy makin' 'em to be able to make videos about 'em.

The best you can hope for is that there's a Firewood owner who is also adept at making and posting videos online and decides to create such a video. I am not that person.

Whether the loading and unloading is complicated depends on who you ask. I don't find it complicated at all. But then, I love accessories and have got a couple that make the job infinitely easier for me (and I've posted about those ad nauseam). Yes, it is more of a process than hitting an oil cartridge. And honestly there are times when that's what I do. But, for me, the Firewood loading process is 100% worth it because the vaping experience with the Firewood is far more satisfying than oil cartridges.

But, as the great poet once said: YMMV

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Firewood is literally a one-man operation. Marc is too busy makin' 'em to be able to make videos about 'em.

The best you can hope for is that there's a Firewood owner who is also adept at making and posting videos online and decides to create such a video. I am not that person.

Whether the loading and unloading is complicated depends on who you ask. I don't find it complicated at all. But then, I love accessories and have got a couple that make the job infinitely easier for me (and I've posted about those ad nauseam). Yes, it is more of a process than hitting an oil cartridge. And honestly there are times when that's what I do. But, for me, the Firewood loading process is 100% worth it because the vaping experience with the Firewood is far more satisfying than oil cartridges.

But, as the great poet once said: YMMV
Oh hey it’s me A Firewood owner who made a video! I’m not very Adept though. Just a quick and dirty video. @BabyFacedFinster I didn’t film the unloading part, but it’s exactly the same as loading it. I keep a little cardboard dish at my station that I dump hot caps directly into.

HERE is another quick video for you fine folks out there. This device absolutely requires use of tweezers, but it's fairly straight-forward to use and maintain once the right tweezers are acquired. Overall, I'm liking this device. I'm not convinced it'll win the reach-test versus my 7s, but it is a super solid vape, just like its predecessors.

Vinter

HERE is another quick video for you fine folks out there. This device absolutely requires use of tweezers, but it's fairly straight-forward to use and maintain once the right tweezers are acquired. Overall, I'm liking this device. I'm not convinced it'll win the reach-test versus my 7s, but it is a super solid vape, just like its predecessors.

I disagree, I haven't used tweezers once with this and life is fine :D

Drop It In

moondog

As someone who uses tweezers every single time I use my FW8, I'm not sure I would say they are absolutely required, but I certainly wouldn't use the 8 without them. That said, thank you for the video and thank you for the strategy of expanding the tweezers inside the capsule to remove it from the holder. Well done! :tup:

Required was probably not the right word choice. But at the same time, if I wasn't allowed to use tweezers with this vape for whatever reason, I would sell it instantly. It defeats the purpose of being a sleek and pocketable device if I'm spilling flower every time I get a capsule out of the carrying case, or if I'm burning my fingers trying to do back-to-back bowls. So for me, tweezers are required. YMMV, of course. Depends on when/where/how you want to use it.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I disagree, I haven't used tweezers once with this and life is fine :D

Drop It In
Dropping gets the job done, but the escalated risk of having a loose crumb or two get onto the coil irked me a lot more than having to deal with the tweezies. Something about those loose crumbs really grinds my gears haha.

Arawfish,
Reactions: moondog

firewood

Manufacturer
Interesting discussion about tweezers vs. not. I have personally never used tweezers. For loading, I just pack it tight enough that nothing spills. Maybe a couple tiny specks fall out, but that never causes any problems. For unloading with the fw8 I would usually heat up the overn for 5 seconds to "unglue" it then it falls out. With the fw9 the new dislodging tools has allowed me to "unglue" it without having to heat it up and, again, the capsule then falls out easily.

Anybody having trouble loading without tweezers might want to try packing a little tighter. Tight packing creates thicker vapor besides.

Sorry no videos. Videos are kind of hard to make well and I don't have a good camera.

I'm a little more than three weeks in to using my firewood 8 daily. I bought tweezers and used them pretty religiously for a little while, then kind of fell off. In my experience they're not necessary for how I use the firewood. I tamp my capsules and then just drop them in the chamber. Nothing loose in the chamber then. I let the capsules cool before I take them out. I prefer to use a scoop for filling (and emptying) the capsules.

Great vaporizer, I'm glad I bought it. It's an attractive piece and fantastic at what it does. I love the battery packs for charging and swapping batteries as I go. Wonderful for both hiking and sitting around.

bradley_time

Interesting discussion about tweezers vs. not. I have personally never used tweezers. For loading, I just pack it tight enough that nothing spills. Maybe a couple tiny specks fall out, but that never causes any problems. For unloading with the fw8 I would usually heat up the overn for 5 seconds to "unglue" it then it falls out. With the fw9 the new dislodging tools has allowed me to "unglue" it without having to heat it up and, again, the capsule then falls out easily.

Anybody having trouble loading without tweezers might want to try packing a little tighter. Tight packing creates thicker vapor besides.

Sorry no videos. Videos are kind of hard to make well and I don't have a good camera.
Will there be another drop soon?

Top Bottom