Firewood Vaporizer

StinKing

Thanks for posting! I expected it to look smaller than the 8 due to the cleaner lines, but it actually looks a big larger. I am looking forward to hearing how you like it after you use it.

Thanks again!
The picture makes the 9 look a little larger, but I think that's just the angle because they are nearly identical in size.

As for performance, as Marc mentioned, the internal components are almost identical and I get the same awesome performance from both.

The new "tools" on the cap are ok, but I'm guessing most experienced vaporists will fill and tamp their cups with their usual scoops and tamps, making the tools on the cap obsolete.

The removable battery compartment is well done imo, and it's very quick and easy to swap em out.

As I mentioned earlier, the new design is much sleeker and I prefer it a lot over the 8. It feels and looks a lot better without the hard lines and cuts from the previous model.

Being able to plug it in right from the side to charge is obviously a common feature in other vapes, but going from having to slide off the battery every time, to simple plug in charge, is by far the best thing about the new device, which, I believe should have been included in the previous model.

Loading and unloading is identical and still a bit of a hassle, but I like everything else about it that I can easily over look this. But some of the other users who lack hand dexterity or have bigger hands might have a bit of an issue with this.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new device, but I will say, if you already own an 8, you're not missing out on much besides a few convenience factors. If you don't own any firewood products or are an enthusiast who is very into the hobby, then you should definitely pick one up.

Thumbs up from me so far.

jasp3r

Just got my 9 in, skipped the 8 so the capsule thing is fairly new to me. Has anyone figured out a solution that does not involve tweezers? Thought I read that FW9 came with a tool to help dislodge stuck caps but not sure how that would be done. If not, may have a FW9 on classifieds fairly soon :rofl:

Will say, this unit does look signifgantly sleeker than the8 and has great hand feel and presence compared to the 7 (an already great artisan vape)

Mad_Max

Just got my 9 in, ... thought I read that FW9 came with a tool to help dislodge stuck caps but not sure how that would be done.
The "tools" are the protrusions on top of the oven lid.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Just got my 9 in, skipped the 8 so the capsule thing is fairly new to me. Has anyone figured out a solution that does not involve tweezers? Thought I read that FW9 came with a tool to help dislodge stuck caps but not sure how that would be done. If not, may have a FW9 on classifieds fairly soon :rofl:

Will say, this unit does look signifgantly sleeker than the8 and has great hand feel and presence compared to the 7 (an already great artisan vape)
What’s the hangup with tweezers? Seems like a bunch of people just will absolutely not use them even though they improve the experience greatly and double as pokey / whatever else they might come in handy for. Like $10 off Amazon for a 3 pack of ceramic tipped tweezies.

Arawfish,
Reactions: moondog

PossumMD

What’s the hangup with tweezers? Seems like a bunch of people just will absolutely not use them even though they improve the experience greatly and double as pokey / whatever else they might come in handy for. Like $10 off Amazon for a 3 pack of ceramic tipped tweezies.
It's just more shit I've got to keep track of. I have ADHD, remembering where I've left shit is HARD. I have tweezers, but they're in a case and I have to get up, get em and all that shit. I just wanna get zooted and chill. I just tip the capsule out and sweep up the crumbs. I assume someone who doesn't have a broken brain can fare well with tweezers, but for me, it ain't that simple.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Yeah ideally I don't want a tool or accessory to be "required" to have a good experience. But isn't one of the protrusions on the heater lid on the 9 meant to ameliorate the need for a Tweezers anyway? It sounds like you push it into a slot to loosen the capsule so that it pops out easily.

Mad_Max

Yeah ideally I don't want a tool or accessory to be "required" to have a good experience. But isn't one of the protrusions on the heater lid on the 9 meant to ameliorate the need for a Tweezers anyway? It sounds like you push it into a slot to loosen the capsule so that it pops out easily.
Yeah, though I'm curious to see how it works out IRL.

Mad_Max,

PossumMD

In my case its not the capsule getting stuck that's an issue, it's the fact it's scorching hot when I want to empty it.

checkyourlibido

In my case its not the capsule getting stuck that's an issue, it's the fact it's scorching hot when I want to empty it.
Just move somewhere colder?:razz:
I hope it is that easy. I would be curious as well, as I'm guessing different climates might have different results due to humidity and temperature. Though my guess is that if it works for Marc, it should work for most all of us. I'm a person who likes many data points though, so I'm looking forward to some reports.

I'd rather not have to carry around extra tweezers, but I feel like having a multi-tool with a tweezer might help with some unforseen events outside of vaping, so I don't mind if I have to carry around tweezers in a multi-tool.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'd be okay if turning it upside down let the capsule fall out, no touching the capsule until it can cool a few secs.
For the times it needs a nudge, the "poker" square protrusion on the cap seems easy.

Last edited:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
If you read what Marc said, it definitely doesn’t get rid of the need for tweezers, IMO. All the new cap does is offer tamp tool for the capsule (larger circle bit) and the little jobby adjacent to that is meant for getting a cold capsule unstuck from the bottom where a ring of reclaim forms and kinda welds the capsule to the bottom ceramic part. You still have to dump out and handle a hot capsule and figure out a way to drop a capsule into the heater without spilling weed 🤷🏼‍♂️

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If you read what Marc said, it definitely doesn’t get rid of the need for tweezers, IMO. All the new cap does is offer tamp tool for the capsule (larger circle bit) and the little jobby adjacent to that is meant for getting a cold capsule unstuck from the bottom where a ring of reclaim forms and kinda welds the capsule to the bottom ceramic part. You still have to dump out and handle a hot capsule and figure out a way to drop a capsule into the heater without spilling weed 🤷🏼‍♂️
I did read what he said. While he did say the included tool was 'only part of the solution', he did not say one would need an additional tool in order to fill or empty the device.

I am willing to dump a hot capsule and let it spill without me touching it, I do that all the time with the Bowle.
Marc also said that the chamber should be packed firmly enough that material would not fall out if you held it upside down. A cap that snug, I was hoping, might just drop into place?

My thinking is, if the device really needs tweezers simply to load/unload, then they should at least be in the box when you buy the thing. Or better still, housed in the device itself a la Swiss Army knife.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I mean I think I'm going to get enough that I have four chamber capsules, so I can fill the Delta 3D loading tool, and try to use it that way, letting them cool enough before trying to empty? Set up for on the go, so maybe I will finally do that someday if I am already prepared from practice...? Tweezers too lol

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I did read what he said. While he did say the included tool was 'only part of the solution', he did not say one would need an additional tool in order to fill or empty the device.

I am willing to dump a hot capsule and let it spill without me touching it, I do that all the time with the Bowle.
Marc also said that the chamber should be packed firmly enough that material would not fall out if you held it upside down. A cap that snug, I was hoping, might just drop into place?

My thinking is, if the device really needs tweezers simply to load/unload, then they should at least be in the box when you buy the thing. Or better still, housed in the device itself a la Swiss Army knife.
Of course you don’t need tweezers but it greatly improves the experience, and when people are complaining about the capsules, well, tweezers are your solution. We all have stirr tools anyways. Tweezers just double as grabbers and pokers. 2 in 1 combo deal.

All I’m saying is if people are going to complain about the capsules, get some tweezers and your problems are solved.

And again to reiterate, there isn’t a single vape I own (toad not included) that doesn’t require some kind of poker or stirr tool to get the best experience from, I don’t know why it’s such a big deal for the firewood.

VapBong- stirr tool / loading tray
Log vapes- stirr tool
Vapman- poker / loading disc
Anvil- magnet or leather strip
Fusion- magnet or leather strip
Wax Works Vapes- stirr tools
Lotus- stirr tool
Ball vape- stirr tool
Firewood 8- tweezers
Literally any other vape I’ve ever bought- stirr tool

Also I might add that the tweezers have come in handy in many other ways like holding glass parts under hot running water or holding screens while I clean them with my torch. They aren’t just a one or two trick pony!

I do agree though, would be a nice touch if they were included with purchase or somehow hidden in the device itself.

Last edited:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Yeah, if you pack your capsule tightly enough it will be easy to drop it into place without tweezers. If it doesn't drop directly into place, the slightest nudge will get it there. How comfortable that is if your usage model dictates you do it when the over has just finished cooking a cap? I don't know.

As for including tweezers Swiss-Army-Knife stile, I love the idea but I find that the best tweezers for the job have curved pincers, so I don't know how you would create a space for them within the body.

Edited to add:
Arawfish said:
All I’m saying is if people are going to complain about the capsules, get some tweezers and your problems are solved.

THIS.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I’m not going to judge the FW9 and whether or not some accessory is required until I see more posts about it or try it myself, so this is all kind of moot.

But fwiw I don’t “need” a tweezers, loading tool, tamping tool, or any other finagly bits with any of my other vapes. I think that is the only point others are maybe trying to make. I get that tweezers aren’t thaaaaaaat onerous to use (though someone mentioned difficulty keeping tabs on them and I can conceive of dexterity problems making it more difficult), but you guys keep saying just get them and I think everyone’s tacit retort is “why when I can list 20 other vapes that don’t REQUIRE some tool to get past any qol niggles?” I think for a lot of people, the capsule loading system still doesn’t necessarily represent a value add so them requiring extra effort to remove is maybe still a minor point of friction.

checkyourlibido

I think for a lot of people, the capsule loading system still doesn’t necessarily represent a value add so them requiring extra effort to remove is maybe still a minor point of friction.
For people with dexterity issues, I imagine this might be a deal breaker. It gets even more iffy if* tweezer’s are occasionally needed.

checkyourlibido,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
For people with dexterity issues, I imagine this might be a deal breaker. It gets even more iffy if* tweezer’s are occasionally needed.
If I had “dexterity issues” the firewood line would probably be off the table altogether. Nothing about it is “dexterity issue” friendly.

The "tools" are the protrusions on top of the oven lid.

??, wondered why you posted my post. Or part ,
anyway thr tweezers i posted pages back ,
dont need then , just an other thing to starch or breake ,
fil your bowl /cap upside taped down at the usual wide in , where the herb goes in incase we’re not sure ,fuck ,
wide botton herb touching your thumb /finger and lower the vape on giving a wee wiggle and aa flip ,
a couple of goes and easyier than or like the way you’d load a mighty if you didnt want to trop anything ,
if its rattling just a wee tap and it falls in ,
getting out as easy as any vape , a wee tap after tacking lid oof ,AT THAT END if not dropping ,onto your tin a top ,tray , cool enough or beat about a minute then heard drops out ,
you dont want to be reloading like in seconds with any vape if you want flavour as soon as you place the herb switched on or not its loading flavour ,maybe decarb ing more so stronger but flavour lose ,
praised this caps system and all the small real thought out ways of the 8 while others slated it ?
the9 proves not too,,,,
makes sence but not seen one in the flesh , not , cant for a long while it nice hearing its sleaker ,
some lines a firewood 9 logo what id like to see ,
anyway try the loading
my hands are shit and i can and easyier of the rest ,

smoothness ,i bought a load of polishing paper and for woods silver etc down to 8000g if you go that far but
different grades , different finish , Somme like a mirror some a nice Matt ,
anyway done 2 first TMS and 2 tm2s pluse my firewood 8 ,so nice but addictive ,
learning more about wood finishing ,but very fine ,
anyway anyone want a heads up , scratched etc help pr advice if i can , 30 year spraypainter so done a lot
but the woods turned so beautiful grains etc ,
G

Vapor-catzG,
Top Bottom