• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

The Owl HOOT HOOT

I was thinking that maybe if the capsule attached to the oven lid before being screwed into the oven it would be easier to take in and out of the carrying case and oven. It might be something that could be a friction fit with a adjustment in the ceramic part on the oven lid or something similar.. it would also help for hot swapping the capsules.

I have my check in the mail as part of Group C, so I don't have a Firewood 8 yet. Maybe someone with one would have a idea if that would help the experience?

Hopkins3030

Complicating the issue is that the capsules often stick in the carrier and require a tap to get them out.
I've found that mine get stuck bc they don't drop 100% even and kinda jam against the side wall... I've found that if I gently push up just a touch with my fingertip and then gently release it falls out evenly and I can snag it with my other fingertips... ymmv 😉

Hopkins3030,
Reactions: moondog

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I was thinking that maybe if the capsule attached to the oven lid before being screwed into the oven it would be easier to take in and out of the carrying case and oven. It might be something that could be a friction fit with a adjustment in the ceramic part on the oven lid or something similar.. it would also help for hot swapping the capsules.

I have my check in the mail as part of Group C, so I don't have a Firewood 8 yet. Maybe someone with one would have a idea if that would help the experience?

I'm not sure how that could be done without compromising the current relationship between the capsule and lid, which creates 3 airways for convection.

I've found that mine get stuck bc they don't drop 100% even and kinda jam against the side wall... I've found that if I gently push up just a touch with my fingertip and then gently release it falls out evenly and I can snag it with my other fingertips... ymmv 😉

My mileage doesn't vary all that much. I do something similar when mine are stuck. But the "snag it with other fingertips" part is tough because my fingers don't always work so well.

MMJane

I’ve never experienced flower or AVB falling out of the dosing cap. I jam .2g in that sucker and tamp it down. I’m shocked I still get air flow, but I do.

I don’t deal with any mess problems and I just tip the fw to dump the capsule. I do need to use a debowler or give it a few taps on a tray to get the ABV out. Waiting for the cap to cool down isn’t a problem because I generally have to walk inside, put my vape down, and say hello to my cat first before I dump it so it’s cool enough to handle.

If it was straight THC, I’d be on the floor at that dose, though. I mix with CBG and CBDV flowers.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Steel28

I’ve never experienced flower or AVB falling out of the dosing cap. I jam .2g in that sucker and tamp it down. I’m shocked I still get air flow, but I do.

I don’t deal with any mess problems and I just tip the fw to dump the capsule. I do need to use a debowler or give it a few taps on a tray to get the ABV out. Waiting for the cap to cool down isn’t a problem because I generally have to walk inside, put my vape down, and say hello to my cat first before I dump it so it’s cool enough to handle.

If it was straight THC, I’d be on the floor at that dose, though. I mix with CBG and CBDV flowers.

As always, your mileage may vary.
Same experience here.

Make sure to dosing cap is filled all the way and tamp it down!

moondog

I may not have explained myself well. My issue is not really with material falling out of the capsule. I've had a few flecks here and there and the only time it happened while the capsule was in the vape was when the vape got abruptly upended. (Forgot it was lying next to me on the bed when I adjusted the covers in between hits:doh:.) Even then, it was minimal.

I never fill the capsule all the way. I'm doing much smaller doses. But as long as I tamp it down, my experience is the same as yours. it's fine.

My issue is much more about handling the capsules and the carrier. And in the end, it's not a big or even medium deal.

Still like my two-sided carrier idea, though.

moondog

I'll be interested to hear how those work. Those holes look kind of big?

moondog,

Hopkins3030

I'll be interested to hear how those work. Those holes look kind of big?
They do look a little big but in that zoomed in view the whole thing looks big too... I calculated my level of confidence that this could work to be at the "10 bucks or less" level, so at $8 I figured I'd give it a shot... I usually just do a coarse grind and without combustion there will be no ash so I have a gut feeling that they wont clog and should work pretty well... they are scheduled to come in tomorrow, 'if' I partake tomorrow night (if :lol:) I'll let you know how much bud I wind up eating...

Hopkins3030

So the screens came in... 2 more than expected actually, my 10pk had 12 in it! My initial verdict? They don't suck... they seemed to work at least as well as standard screens... I'm going to replace the wire screen in one more capsule, 2 honeycomb screens and 2 standard wire screens, and I'll run them blind for a few days to see if I can detect a performance difference without knowing beforehand which one I'm using... Stay tuned, Friendts...

moondog

Not looking to steal your thunder, Hopkins - that screen does look pretty cool - but here is the latest update on the FW8 capsule loading tray from Delta3D Studios:

Ratchet got my capsule on Monday and has run the first copy of the tray. He says it came out perfect the first time and the parameters needed no further adjustment.

Here's a pic from one of his 3D imaging programs:

He's currently taking photos for his site and is hoping to send my tray (and my capsule) in the next couple of days. The tray should be available for purchase before the end of the week.

Secret

Ratchet has published the FW8 loading tray to his site and they are available for order. (He says someone ordered one last night as soon as it went live!)

Can't wait to have mine in hand.

That was likely me, I ordered one last night before I went to bed. Hopefully it works good. Just got my FW8 today, haven't used it yet. Charging now.

danjens

I received my fw8 this week. I have had the opportunity to test it out a bit. Here are some of my initial thoughts:
pros-
I really do feel like the vapor quality/production has been improved.
The flavor is less roasty, and I found the flavor to remain a bit longer into a session then the 7.
Im finding I don't have to draw nearly as long to get satisfying clouds. Others have indicated a bit less draw resistance and I would agree.

Cons-
I do feel like the firewood took a hit in the aesthetic department. I really enjoyed the smooth lines and simplicity of the 7
The capsule/pods are not nearly as easy as the previous loading method. With the 7 and a doob tube, one handed loading became very fluid. The pods are tricky, I hope with more time I find the flow.

So far, I am really liking the fw8. I would say the function is improved, but perhaps at the expense of some form. I would recommend it, especially to those who missed out on the 7.

I also ordered the delta 3d loading trays. Hoping it makes the capsule/pods a bit more manageable.

Last edited:

Falconflys

I was just checking out the loading tray from 3d studios. I see in the pic the top of the capsule is bellow the top of the tray when assembled for loading. Seems there will be excess on top of the caps after loading. I think it would be better if it was flush with the top so you can pack and scrap the excess on the top piece, lift it off and your caps are perfectly packed. Flush with the top and no need to scrap of the extra.
I'm still ordering one! Love the concept!

Falconflys,

moondog

That was likely me, I ordered one last night before I went to bed. Hopefully it works good. Just got my FW8 today, haven't used it yet. Charging now.

As of his last email to me earlier this afternoon, he has sold 4 of them since he launched it.

I really do feel like the vapor quality/production has been improved.
Im finding I don't have to draw nearly as long to get satisfying clouds. Others have indicated a bit less draw resistance and I would agree.

Agreed. I get larger clouds with shorter draws.

I also ordered the delta 3d loading trays. Hoping it makes the capsule/pods a bit more manageable.

If the FW8 version works like the FW7 one (and I have every reason to believe it will) it will make the pods much easier to load.

I was just checking out the loading tray from 3d studios. I see in the pic the top of the capsule is bellow the top of the tray when assembled for loading. Seems there will be excess on top of the caps after loading. I think it would be better if it was flush with the top so you can pack and scrap the excess on the top piece, lift it off and your caps are perfectly packed. Flush with the top and no need to scrap of the extra.
I'm still ordering one! Love the concept!

I can see what you mean in the picture but I never had any issues with having to scrape extra off the top of a cap after loading. Hopefully this one will work the same. Mine is going out in tomorrow's mail and once I've tested it I'll be sure to let you know.

Falconflys

I can see what you mean in the picture but I never had any issues with having to scrape extra off the top of a cap after loading. Hopefully this one will work the same. Mine is going out in tomorrow's mail and once I've tested it I'll be sure to let you know.
Cool. I'm looking very forward to your review! I think I'll hold off for now just in case the design gets that change if needed. And if possible. Thanks @moondog!

Falconflys,

Momor

I should put my FW7 (+ bb9 and adapter cut to the right length as a WPA) for sale once back from vacation because I don't use it that much. If you're interested and in EU you can do me.
I hope it's not against the rules to post that here.

MMJane

Wish I'd thought of mouthpieces before I finalized my order :doh:

Well, once I know I'm happy with how the tubing works I can explore those.
Out of curiosity, do you need anything to connect the tubing? I’ve never used any sort of whip and this intrigues me. I’d like some additional cooling as I have baby lungs and a whip seems like a good choice.

MMJane,

moondog

Out of curiosity, do you need anything to connect the tubing? I’ve never used any sort of whip and this intrigues me. I’d like some additional cooling as I have baby lungs and a whip seems like a good choice.

I just slide the the tubing into the end of the cooling stem on the FW. Just need to make sure the tubing has the right outer diameter to fit snugly.

Using the tubing does restrict airflow, but for me that's an acceptable tradeoff given the improvements in cooling and ease of use. (Positioning the vape for easy use of the control button is easier with a whip.)

Although, I am beginning to wonder if the airflow constriction I'm experiencing is due to my choice of mouthpiece. I'm currently using a simple piece of glass tubing that fits into the mouth-end of the tube. Some exploration may be in order.

moondog,
Reactions: MMJane

moondog

Just got home to find my new FW7 mouthpiece from TRWW in the mail. Can't wait to try it but I'd like to give it a cleaning before I do. Is it okay to use an iso soak? I found some info online that would indicate yes, but I wanted to check in with the FC FW brain trust.

In other news, my FW8 capsule tray is on it's way from Ratchet. Can't wait to put it through its paces.

EDIT: Forgot to point out that the mouthpiece is acrylic.

Last edited:

EarthworldTim

Can people still join the waiting list for the 8 or has that ship sailed?
I joined about a month ago so most likely you can. I didn't ask what group I was in because I'd rather not know how excruciatingly long my wait will be. I think at this point it's quite a while but also some people dropped out with the proprietary battery so 🤷‍♂️

EarthworldTim,
Reactions: DaVapeGuy

someTooL

Nice to see some loading trays hitting the scene.

So what letter of the alphabet are we on now? Believe I have seen a “C” group called in to action a while back.

someTooL,
Top Bottom