• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Garysfriend

Hey All, I got a little too aggressive in my cleaning the other day and accidentally popped the screen out on my FW7. Is there a secret to getting it back in without deforming it? I looked on the website/manual and didn't see any instruction on this. I know I can just shove it in there but if there's a "better way" that's known, I'd like to hear it.

Thanks and appreciate the help!

Garysfriend,
Reactions: acstorfer

JibbsIsMe

Anyone from this last batch have their order ship yet? I ordered last Sunday and paid via TransferWise, have sent a few emails within a day of ordering with some questions and haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?

JibbsIsMe,

androponic

vaped.
Anyone from this last batch have their order ship yet? I ordered last Sunday and paid via TransferWise, have sent a few emails within a day of ordering with some questions and haven't heard back. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
marc doesnt usually ship until up to the very end of the week after the drop so you are still within normal SOP. just one man operation stuff ya know.

Pasoa2020

I’ve read about clicking the button 5 times and holding on 5th click to run unregulated to help with cleaning the ceramic bowl.

are there any tips around doing this to clean the fw7?

Pasoa2020,
Reactions: Arawfish

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I’ve read about clicking the button 5 times and holding on 5th click to run unregulated to help with cleaning the ceramic bowl.

are there any tips around doing this to clean the fw7?
Yup, I do that. Followed by a sewing needle to get any stubborn bits. I’ve never removed my screen and it’s been a daily driver for a little over 12 months.

Pasoa2020

Yup, I do that. Followed by a sewing needle to get any stubborn bits. I’ve never removed my screen and it’s been a daily driver for a little over 12 months.
How long do you run it for in thst mode? Does it basically burn off the oil etc?

Pasoa2020,

PossumMD

My screen was like 2/3rds occluded, and wouldn't clear by running it in unreg mode (pretty sure I burnt the wood). So I popped it out today, torched it, and popped it back in. Was a little fiddly getting it back in, had to use a tool to push it into the groove, but it wasn't difficult and didn't take long. It is the most fiddly thing I've ever had to do with this vape though. That being said, I've run at least 1000 bowls through this over the 15mths (I use it at least 3x a night) I've had it and this is the first time I've had to do any real maintenance. That's a great reward vs effort ratio, in my opinion. God I love how little maintenance this takes... Also, after I cleaned the screen, got a marked improvement in airflow.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
You need the cooling adapter piece. Not sure he even sells that by itself anymore, you may have to email him and ask. It came with a short piece of glass and some silicone bits that go into the end of the bb9 (or whatever piece) to connect it with the main ceramic part of the air path.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
This is exactly what I’ve been talking about from the start. The initial one didn’t have this piece. I didn’t mean the WPA.

Yeah, I haven't seen an OG FW7 in person so I was guessing. :-) I didn't mean to link the WPA if I ever did...

Grass Yes,

Sir Wibble

Thanks ,this is what I was afraid of. I am in negotiations for an OG FW7 but really wanted to use my other alternate stems.
But looking at the piece I need it is sold out and my luck with Firewood drops is not good so doubt I can get it.
Just needed confirmation from you wise chaps in FC.

Sir Wibble,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Vaporware

For parts I wouldn’t wait for a drop, I’d just send an e-mail.

If you tell Marc you need that part to upgrade an early FW7 I’d be surprised if you didn’t get at least a part from the next batch he makes without having to worry about beating everyone to the checkout, and he could even have one or more reserved for people in your situation. It’s worth asking! :)

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Thanks ,this is what I was afraid of. I am in negotiations for an OG FW7 but really wanted to use my other alternate stems.
But looking at the piece I need it is sold out and my luck with Firewood drops is not good so doubt I can get it.
Just needed confirmation from you wise chaps in FC.
Agree with Vaporware that it is probably fine to ask, although the shipping to the UK may kill ya.

If it is any consolation, I prefer the regular (current) cooling stem to the BB9. YMMV.

Sir Wibble

For parts I wouldn’t wait for a drop, I’d just send an e-mail.

If you tell Marc you need that part to upgrade an early FW7 I’d be surprised if you didn’t get at least a part from the next batch he makes without having to worry about beating everyone to the checkout, and he could even have one or more reserved for people in your situation. It’s worth asking! :)
Thanks peeps, helpful and reassuring advice from you both.
Hopefully i can seal the deal in the next few days and finally be a FW7 owner:rockon:

Sir Wibble

I don’t think one happened last night. Website place holder of “next batch will be ready January 2022” hasn’t changed since before Christmas. I’d guess he took some well deserved time off and drop will resume this coming Sunday.
Yes saw that. We are in January though. A specific date for start of drops again would of definitely been more helpful.
A bit too vague for my tastes 😆

Sir Wibble,
Reactions: BeeSawd
Top Bottom