Firewood Vaporizer

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
When ordering one, as I plan to do this week, are there any necessary extras that I need to order as well from them?
I would suggest 1 or 2 spare glass rod inserts and a spare ceramic oven doohickey, and a spare battery or two with a charger but you can get cheaper elsewhere.

If you are quick enough, you only have around 90 seconds to finish the transaction before they are sold out. Buy the fw7 as fast as possible. Worry about the extras after the purchase and ask to add to your order for shipping costs when you get the other stuff.

Lewdgz23

I would suggest 1 or 2 spare glass rod inserts and a spare ceramic oven doohickey, and a spare battery or two with a charger but you can get cheaper elsewhere.

If you are quick enough, you only have around 90 seconds to finish the transaction before they are sold out. Buy the fw7 as fast as possible. Worry about the extras after the purchase and ask to add to your order for shipping costs when you get the other stuff.
can I start an cart now with the extras and add the vape when it’s available?

NachoDorito

Hey everyone, this looks like a great community. I just received my FW7 about 10 hours ago, and I have basically just been blazed since then. This thing hits!

Glad to see the mod with the Stinger works. I have an extra sitting around and will do some experimenting. For Science, of course!

Let us know how it goes with a preload in a dosing cap. I have caps from a Fury Edge, may hold about the right amount….though my guess is they’re a bit small and I’m questioning why bother.
Right now though I put the FW7, two batteries, a tube of herb and a pick tool into my EDC. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
Hey everyone, this looks like a great community. I just received my FW7 about 10 hours ago, and I have basically just been blazed since then. This thing hits!

Glad to see the mod with the Stinger works. I have an extra sitting around and will do some experimenting. For Science, of course!

Let us know how it goes with a preload in a dosing cap. I have caps from a Fury Edge, may hold about the right amount….though my guess is they’re a bit small and I’m questioning why bother.
Right now though I put the FW7, two batteries, a tube of herb and a pick tool into my EDC. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.
Fancy seeing you here! I frequent the entexchange and I bought a 7fin from you awhile back. Hope you’re enjoying the FW7 as much as I am!

NachoDorito,
Reactions: BeeSawd

Hemper

I just received my firewood after a ~10 day wait. And it was well worth it. I was a little apprehensive about the haptic status info, but it is very easy (and fun!) to use.. This is what I think of when I think of on-demand and like hitting a bowl.. It dares me to press the button again :evil:

One thing I noticed though, the oven end sure does get hot

First impressions: I love it

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Has anyone who picked up a FW7 this past Sunday received a shipping notification yet?

Haveth,
Reactions: BeeSawd

eaknet

Fancy seeing you here! I frequent the entexchange and I bought a 7fin from you awhile back. Hope you’re enjoying the FW7 as much as I am!
Hey, nice to see you! I am certainly enjoying the FW, although I need to get over a bit of a learning curve. I haven't researched enough yet and need to land on the right grind, tamp, button, and draw balance. Looking forward to going through this thread for info, but would certainly appreciate any n00b help. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I combusted on my third bowl....hadn't really known that was possible.

Sometimes I'm hitting bowls that are either packed too tight so there's no convective airflow or packet too loose for convection. I'm not sure which grind is best, although finer seems a bit better so far.

But when she hits, she HITS! I need to give her a name. Such a _firey_ personality.

NachoDorito

Hey, nice to see you! I am certainly enjoying the FW, although I need to get over a bit of a learning curve. I haven't researched enough yet and need to land on the right grind, tamp, button, and draw balance. Looking forward to going through this thread for info, but would certainly appreciate any n00b help. I'm a bit embarrassed to say I combusted on my third bowl....hadn't really known that was possible.

Sometimes I'm hitting bowls that are either packed too tight so there's no convective airflow or packet too loose for convection. I'm not sure which grind is best, although finer seems a bit better so far.

But when she hits, she HITS! I need to give her a name. Such a _firey_ personality.
I agree, the smallest variance changes the experience entirely. I have not combusted yet but I think I got very close on the default preset 3 yesterday. I will likely need to tune it a bit as I love the lower-temp flavor rips.

Also, I experimented with the Mighty dosing caps yesterday. While I think it’s great to have pre-portioned herb ready to go, it still wasn’t optimal for dumping it in. I also have been using the Delta3D loading funnel, but I got worried with the PLA being on or near the chamber, especially after a bowl or two. I wish there was a stainless steel funnel that would just slightly insert into the chamber for ease in loading. Something like a salt/pepper funnel but sized for the FW7.

you know it’s a good vape when your biggest gripe is loading it:lol:

BeeSawd

I agree, the smallest variance changes the experience entirely. I have not combusted yet but I think I got very close on the default preset 3 yesterday. I will likely need to tune it a bit as I love the lower-temp flavor rips.

Also, I experimented with the Mighty dosing caps yesterday. While I think it’s great to have pre-portioned herb ready to go, it still wasn’t optimal for dumping it in. I also have been using the Delta3D loading funnel, but I got worried with the PLA being on or near the chamber, especially after a bowl or two. I wish there was a stainless steel funnel that would just slightly insert into the chamber for ease in loading. Something like a salt/pepper funnel but sized for the FW7.

you know it’s a good vape when your biggest gripe is loading it:lol:
Check the firewood 7 store page, there is an STL file at the bottom of the page for a funel that slides onto the device perfectly that you can either print on a 3d printer at home, at a local library with a 3d printer or you can always get it printed elsewhere then shipped to you by either one of our lovely community members with a printer or one of the many printing sites out there. They came with the firewood 7 for a little while and I carry mine daily, it makes it so much easier, in using it daily for months I've seen no signs of degradation in the plastic.

NachoDorito

Check the firewood 7 store page, there is an STL file at the bottom of the page for a funel that slides onto the device perfectly that you can either print on a printer at home, at a local library with a printer or you can always get it printed and shipped. They came with the firewood 7 for a little while and I carry mine daily, it makes it so much easier, in using it daily for months I've seen no signs of degradation in the plastic.
Thank you! I didn’t even notice that on the store. I wish I had a 3D printer to give it a shot, but maybe I’ll try to order it online.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Dudes these are awesome for scooping, loading and tamping FW7:

Yeah I think what's important is a nice consistent grind, fine is great, but it can do well with medium or even coarse as long as it is nicely consistent, and I think a good pack is good, in my experience over packing is not really a thing here? If you're using a tamp like above, you just give it one or two good tamp downs as you load and you're golden! Just don't load too much, at most 3/4 full, a half bowl can do wonders, and a quarter full might surprise you :tup:

Ripstar

Just pulled my FW7 out and the wpa piece is stuck on there. I was hoping a heated cycle would help but still stuck. Not a big deal as I usually use it with the wpa. Might have to run it a few times, it's gotta loosen after that. I don't know why I sideline this vape so much, it's freaking amazing. Has anyone had this happen yet?

Shit Snacks

Just pulled my FW7 out and the wpa piece is stuck on there. I was hoping a heated cycle would help but still stuck. Not a big deal as I usually use it with the wpa. Might have to run it a few times, it's gotta loosen after that. I don't know why I sideline this vape so much, it's freaking amazing. Has anyone had this happen yet?

Yeah it should loosen up, I've only had this happen with my original beta unit, and that was because I accidentally spilled water on it! That caused the wood to swell a bit, and lock the WPA to the base, warping the connections in a cool way lol I've also been using just the WPA on my other FW7 though, it is great in the standard configuration and I'm glad I got the updated unit to have that with the cooling stem there, but it is just so great and simple using at home with WPA!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar

Haveth

Accessory Maker
Weird, picked up a FW this past Sunday and I expected to get shipping information by today at the latest. I wonder if the WPA I ordered is delaying shipment.

Anyway, since my FW is coming already finished, can I just apply a different finish right on top or do I have to sand it down first? I saw Troy's (Troy and Jerry Think Dank) Firewood collection and they were a beautiful dark walnut. He said he used Sticky Brick butter so I picked up a bottle of that to try and get the same look. Is there anything special to applying finishes or just lather it up and rub it in with a towel?

Shit Snacks

Weird, picked up a FW this past Sunday and I expected to get shipping information by today at the latest. I wonder if the WPA I ordered is delaying shipment.

Anyway, since my FW is coming already finished, can I just apply a different finish right on top or do I have to sand it down first? I saw Troy's (Troy and Jerry Think Dank) Firewood collection and they were a beautiful dark walnut. He said he used Sticky Brick butter so I picked up a bottle of that to try and get the same look. Is there anything special to applying finishes or just lather it up and rub it in with a towel?

Waiting is the hardest part, but then once it arrives you forget you were waiting because of the effects? lol

So if that is your motivation for wanting to use the brick butter with it, I feel like I must warn you, every piece of wood is different, even though it's all walnut, you never know a piece to piece what the colors and grain are going to be like... So just because you are using the same wax he did, there's absolutely no guarantee your own FW7 will look anything like his, although if it's just dark walnut you like, yeah there are certain finishes that could be good to achieve that...

Anyway my advice, would be to use it as it arrives, and handle it a lot, depending how dry it is where you are, after a few weeks it may feel ready for the next coating of finish, although really not something that is necessary at all (both of mine are unfinished, I never applied anything to them, just natural hand oils lol) I have some butters, I used to do it a bit, specifically with my walnut Lily vape, but it's been many years since I've bothered with that, and many of my many wooden vapes acquired since then have never seen any targeted treatment :o

Wow look at this, Lumin88 (who I think are affiliated with Yingmin5 but just based on the store offerings) have come through with FW7 cooling mouthpieces for the WPA! DHgate cheap, 14mm male, spiked L hooks:
Screenshot_20211119-205837.png

Last edited:

eaknet

I got one on the previous drop and didn't get shipping confirmation until Saturday. Arrived in NY on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I'm curious to know if anyone knows for sure there is going to be a Firewood 8?

Yes, we all do? There has been a new firewood every year or so, and people have heard directly from Marc that he is working on the FW8... Someone who was dissatisfied with the 7 they had received, was even told that they could wait for the 8 instead... I was a beta tester for the FW7, and much of my feedback was toward the FW8 I was told, because the design was already pretty finalized by the time I had it in my hand... Although he did revise the FW7 with the cooling stems after my beta (partially why I bought another one) I will buy the FW8 too!

BeeSawd

Yes, we all do? There has been a new firewood every year or so, and people have heard directly from Marc that he is working on the FW8... Someone who was dissatisfied with the 7 they had received, was even told that they could wait for the 8 instead... I was a beta tester for the FW7, and much of my feedback was toward the FW8 I was told, because the design was already pretty finalized by the time I had it in my hand... Although he did revise the FW7 with the cooling stems after my beta (partially why I bought another one) I will buy the FW8 too!
The cooling stem compatibility was a huge selling point for me.

dutz3013

Hey batteries were sold out on the website when I ordered. Can someone suggest best batteries to buy for the FW7? Thank you!

dutz3013,
Top Bottom