Firewood Vaporizer

androponic

vaped.
Solid, thanks for the tips, I’ll put it through it’s paces over the next few days. In the accessory pack their is a little short glass tube, shorter than the installed glass adapter. Can’t find any info on what this is for though?
are you sure that little tube isnt a spare piece of silicone tubing for the stock stem? i did get one of them with a few spare orings but no glass tube.

pinetrrizzle

my unit arrived today and it really is quite pretty. also pleased with how small it is, and the one button configuration is nifty.

but i am rather confused... i feel like i'm missing something, namely a screen. i see what appears to be a groove in the ceramic bowl area where a screen would sit, and the product page on the website mentions a screen. but as i'm looking at the unit in its current state, if you draw, there is nothing from stopping the material from being sucked straight into the stem and then into your mouth... i'm either overlooking something incredibly simple and not understanding how the unit works, or i'm missing a screen (i have triple checked the packaging). i tried to look up info in forums and see how people use it on youtube before posting a silly question here, but i haven't actually seen a detailed view of people packing the unit, or any screens... i have plenty of screens at my disposal, but i mainly just want to understand how this thing is supposed to assemble before i "modify" it.

the other thing... i've been using the same four batteries with my tp80 for the last ten months, and they still look as new as the day i bought them. trying to get a feel for the fw7 tonight, it seemed like i had to use more force to insert the battery into the unit than i honestly feel comfortable with (compressing the spring in the - terminal to help the + side slide in as i imagine you're expected to do). same with removing battery - more force/effort than comfortable. worse yet, after removing the battery the plastic wrap on the + terminal was cut. i gave the fw7 the benefit of the doubt that perhaps that cut was already there and i somehow didn't notice, and inserted/removed the battery again. sure enough there is another tear in the plastic cover. what gives? i'm nervous to use batteries that aren't in good condition as i've read they can be dangerous.

i should also note i am that annoying guy who is overly cautious and protective of their gear, and i do really take care and time to preserve things, so i'm not just forcing things into the place willy nilly. any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
my unit arrived today and it really is quite pretty. also pleased with how small it is, and the one button configuration is nifty.

but i am rather confused... i feel like i'm missing something, namely a screen. i see what appears to be a groove in the ceramic bowl area where a screen would sit, and the product page on the website mentions a screen. but as i'm looking at the unit in its current state, if you draw, there is nothing from stopping the material from being sucked straight into the stem and then into your mouth... i'm either overlooking something incredibly simple and not understanding how the unit works, or i'm missing a screen (i have triple checked the packaging). i tried to look up info in forums and see how people use it on youtube before posting a silly question here, but i haven't actually seen a detailed view of people packing the unit, or any screens... i have plenty of screens at my disposal, but i mainly just want to understand how this thing is supposed to assemble before i "modify" it.

the other thing... i've been using the same four batteries with my tp80 for the last ten months, and they still look as new as the day i bought them. trying to get a feel for the fw7 tonight, it seemed like i had to use more force to insert the battery into the unit than i honestly feel comfortable with (compressing the spring in the - terminal to help the + side slide in as i imagine you're expected to do). same with removing battery - more force/effort than comfortable. worse yet, after removing the battery the plastic wrap on the + terminal was cut. i gave the fw7 the benefit of the doubt that perhaps that cut was already there and i somehow didn't notice, and inserted/removed the battery again. sure enough there is another tear in the plastic cover. what gives? i'm nervous to use batteries that aren't in good condition as i've read they can be dangerous.

i should also note i am that annoying guy who is overly cautious and protective of their gear, and i do really take care and time to preserve things, so i'm not just forcing things into the place willy nilly. any help/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Yes there should be a screen, sounds like it was mistakenly not included, I'm sure he'll send one to you but maybe you can find something else to use in the meantime, should be half inch size... It is not you!

And also are those batteries Molicell perchance? We've discussed many times here, some batteries have thicker wrapping, and it can be tough to get in a brand new FW7, I never used those cells in mine, I use my Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 because they have thinner wrapping... Other people have been able to use the other batteries, it will loosen up, skim backwards to find those tips!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
here are some shots... but i think Snacks just posted it's missing.. can see the batteries though. sony vct5a, before, after

also shows a little of the guts and just how cool these things are..

Yeah dude you just need a half inch screen, I think, he'll definitely send you one but if you want something to get you going ASAP... And for the batteries, try putting them in gently, pressing them in towards the spring before you slide them in on the positive end... Similarly to the same thing when you are removing them push them into the spring before you pull them out on the positive end, carefully to avoid tearing the wrap... G'luck!

Shit Snacks,

pinetrrizzle

Yeah dude you just need a half inch screen, I think, he'll definitely send you one but if you want something to get you going ASAP... And for the batteries, try putting them in gently, pressing them in towards the spring before you slide them in on the positive end... Similarly to the same thing when you are removing them push them into the spring before you pull them out on the positive end, carefully to avoid tearing the wrap... G'luck!
thanks, i'll give it a whirl tomorrow with a screen. i was thinking that was an incredibly long winded way of saying, "is it missing a screen?"

that's how i thought i inserted/removed the battery, but maybe i need to be more forceful on the spring. it still felt like snapping the + side in. thanks for the tips

Vaporware

thanks, i'll give it a whirl tomorrow with a screen. i was thinking that was an incredibly long winded way of saying, "is it missing a screen?"

that's how i thought i inserted/removed the battery, but maybe i need to be more forceful on the spring. it still felt like snapping the + side in. thanks for the tips

It did that to the first VTC6 I put into it, and my Molicels were really tight at first but I avoided tearing on those. On the bright side it loosened up fairly quickly and everything fits fine and nothing’s getting damaged anymore.

I’m not positive that those tears are okay under all circumstances, but in the FW7 I think they’re fine. I believe there’s a little insulating disc under that wrapper, and if that’s still in place nothing should be able to touch the area under it. I think the way the shorts happen is if a piece of metal touches the center and another part of the top under that disc. I hope that makes sense (and is accurate)?

Either way I’ve been using mine like that for about a year with no sign of any problems. :)

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Yeah after reading about the battery issues on this thread, I’ve started only with my VTC5a batteries, I have 10 of those so was willing to sacrifice one during the break in of my FW7 battery compartment. By giving a good and careful depression of the spring when inserting and removing it, I have managed to get the battery in and out without any damage to the wrapper so far.

games-loaves0t

here are some shots... but i think Snacks just posted it's missing.. can see the batteries though. sony vct5a, before, after

also shows a little of the guts and just how cool these things are..

7EB1B77D-4CA4-464E-8272-8C2A0DB6BD65.jpeg
Please see the area I circled above. I was also having issues with my battery getting ripped up. I used a small screwdriver to remove this excess tab. However, you might be able to get it with your fingernail. This is probably something that should have been sanded away in the finishing process, but it’s easy to fix.

stonedmallone

Just pulled the FW7 out after a stretch of barely using it. And dang why hadn't I been using it. Such great quality vapor production.

Maybe time to find a make J-hook for this badass piece.

Man mine has also been on the sidelines the last few weeks. I gave it a deep clean and haven't wanted to dirty it up immediately plus my baller head came in so I've just been abusing that thing. Still everyday I miss the Fw7 lol. Addicting vape, will definitely start beating it up again soon, been craving it!

Texus

Man mine has also been on the sidelines the last few weeks. I gave it a deep clean and haven't wanted to dirty it up immediately plus my baller head came in so I've just been abusing that thing. Still everyday I miss the Fw7 lol. Addicting vape, will definitely start beating it up again soon, been craving it!
Yeah, don't forget that deep clean. Pop out the screen and soak in iso or replace.

pinetrrizzle

View attachment 14419
Please see the area I circled above. I was also having issues with my battery getting ripped up. I used a small screwdriver to remove this excess tab. However, you might be able to get it with your fingernail. This is probably something that should have been sanded away in the finishing process, but it’s easy to fix.
thanks, i noticed that too and was wondering if that's the culprit, but i'm nervous to try to smoothen it out.

pinetrrizzle,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Simrell had a 20% off sale for Veterans Day so I had to know. Will the Simrell Stinger work in the Firewood 7?

Yes! It works, and works spectacular.

I will have to replace the Omni stem. It's a bit narrow and wobbles side to side.

It's an improvement for me in taste and smoothness.

If you have a Stinger or MVS definitely try this. Won't work with the Vortex unfortunately.

pinetrrizzle

i would like to balance my negativity from last night with some positivity. while my initial confusion was genuine, i want to say i used the fw7 for the first time tonight, and holy smokes, after only one pack at the 2nd preset temp, i'm seriously impressed and grateful to have made the purchase.

NachoDorito

The FW7 is fantastic! I’ve been breaking her in with the MVS tonight and going straight for the WPA/Inception J-hook tomorrow. Lovely little vape:)

Also, I have the Mighty and was wondering if anyone uses the dosing capsules for a quick reload on the go? As in dumping the herb from the capsule into the FW7 chamber. Seems like it might be handy. I’ll definitely do some testing :brow:

Last edited:

eaknet

Hey everyone, this looks like a great community. I just received my FW7 about 10 hours ago, and I have basically just been blazed since then. This thing hits!

Glad to see the mod with the Stinger works. I have an extra sitting around and will do some experimenting. For Science, of course!

The FW7 is fantastic! I’ve been breaking her in with the MVS tonight and going straight for the WPA/Inception J-hook tomorrow. Lovely little vape:)

Also, I have the Mighty and was wondering if anyone uses the dosing capsules for a quick reload on the go? As in dumping the herb from the capsule into the FW7 chamber. Seems like it might be handy. I’ll definitely do some testing :brow:
Let us know how it goes with a preload in a dosing cap. I have caps from a Fury Edge, may hold about the right amount….though my guess is they’re a bit small and I’m questioning why bother.
Right now though I put the FW7, two batteries, a tube of herb and a pick tool into my EDC. We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Lewdgz23

Yes there should be a screen, sounds like it was mistakenly not included, I'm sure he'll send one to you but maybe you can find something else to use in the meantime, should be half inch size... It is not you!

And also are those batteries Molicell perchance? We've discussed many times here, some batteries have thicker wrapping, and it can be tough to get in a brand new FW7, I never used those cells in mine, I use my Sony VTC6 and LG HG2 because they have thinner wrapping... Other people have been able to use the other batteries, it will loosen up, skim backwards to find those tips!
When ordering one, as I plan to do this week, are there any necessary extras that I need to order as well from them?

Lewdgz23,
Reactions: BeeSawd
Top Bottom