• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

florduh

I use the MVS on my firewood, it fits well and has a very flexible air hole that could be like what you're looking for, I personally always leave it closed but you can open it wide or throttle it any amount you want. To get around the draw resistance I go for coarse grinds and lighter packs, I use the simrell condenser as the tube that connects the MVS into the ceramic of the firewood and that tube is slightly wider than the default glass tube, it still fits great but I can fit the intercooler into it and like I said I think being slightly wider helps with the draw resistance as well. I generally prefer the wide open draw of the WPA over the default mouthpiece assembly literally every time, but you can't beat how pocketable it is with the mouthpiece.

Nice! I actually have a Simrell intercooler, just not their stem. Do you find it cools better than the stock hula cooling stem?

It would be nice to have a set it and forget it carb situation. But I've been having a great time manually feathering the carb cap on this stem from Sneaky Pete:

1_5c92ac8f-d2ec-4aca-8ee7-2352905ac465_1024x1024.jpg

I've seriously been getting some of the best tasting, biggest "vapcap" hits with the FW and this stem. It's not the best ergonomics. I can only use my right thumb for the button, and my right index or middle finger for the carb. But hey, using a torch and rotating the stem isn't the best either, and at least this is one handed.

A vapcap and lighter is a smaller setup, but it's hard to imagine an induction heater combo that takes up less pocket space. And there's something nice about a ceramic heating chamber over metal.

Barring a redesign of the FW, the only thing that could make my setup a bit more hand friendly would be that same cooling stem with a slightly raised carb hole. It would make it a bit easier to feather.

Not Invented Here

Do you find it cools better than the stock hula cooling stem?
Yes I do. The vapor conditioning seems strongest when starting cold, so I think most of the noticeable action comes from the heat capacity of the metal. The first hit or three off the cold start are significantly better than the hula stem, then for extended sessions the difference is less noticeable, but the MVS is a bit more comfortable even then.

Not Invented Here,
Reactions: florduh

average_joe

Hello again and sorry if someone already asked this, I used the magnifying glass to look up the threads and found someone saying that he broke the stem and that the ceramic is fragile. So thinking I might get one this sunday (fingers crossed), should I buy spare parts? I have seen ppl using other things as stems so I dont think I will grab an extra stem but I am curious if maybe an extra ceramic or the capsules are worth it.

If you have the time to let me know I would appreciate it, thanks.

Vaporware

I think the glass is at least as fragile as the ceramic, but I haven’t broken either and I don’t think the ceramic is too easy to break.

The ceramic part that’s removable could be a problem if you think you’ll drop it when you clean it or something, but you could deal with that by cleaning it over water or something soft.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello again and sorry if someone already asked this, I used the magnifying glass to look up the threads and found someone saying that he broke the stem and that the ceramic is fragile. So thinking I might get one this sunday (fingers crossed), should I buy spare parts? I have seen ppl using other things as stems so I dont think I will grab an extra stem but I am curious if maybe an extra ceramic or the capsules are worth it.

If you have the time to let me know I would appreciate it, thanks.

Shouldn't be an issue, spare glass always good idea, worry about the ceramic if something happens, you can get it replaced afterward, I think that is very rare! Be sure to get the WPA with it, it will allow a lot more versatility, it's like two vapes in one!

TeaCup

Huh, never saw were someone said the ceramic was fragile. Not to cast doubt, but only you know if you're prone to dropping things. Had never dropped my ceramic...........until last night. Had never dropped any glass stems.........until two nights ago, lol. I guess it was my divine destiny to answer this. ;)

I wouldn't buy another stem, with a world of Dynavap stems at your fingertips, chances are before long you'll have enough spares if you break one. The ceramic is your call, to me it seems pretty sturdy, but I never really thought about it till you brought it up. Good luck to you on the drop!

Guys I need help. I just got my firewood 7 and disesembled the mouth piece as I bought a inception stem but now I have no idea how to get either mouth piece to fit again. Can someone show me some pictures of how they have their silicone pieces and orings and the longer plastic stem so I know how to reassemble? Thank you so much in advance.

TeaCup

@Starzboy77 : Sorry, this is not the best because I have it slightly modded, but it should get you going hopefully.......the silicone nearest the oven is just so the stem doesn't go in any further, I don't use portably so I don't need it to retract (plus it makes the whole stem just a tad longer, also to help mitigate the heat). But it doesn't matter, that part of the little glass stem just goes into the oven. The side I have going into the inception stem is one size bigger silicone than Marc provides, because of the variances in glass sometimes the smaller diamtered silicone leaves it a little loose in there and I don't like using those little o rings. But anyways my man, if my memory serves me correctly, I think Marc provides two little silicone pieces and some o rings. So on the inception side, if the provided silicone stays in there firm enough for you, your good. If not, than I believe you sandwich the orings inbetween the two silicones and insert.

One bit of warning though.......if you push the little glass stem of the Firewood in too far it's going to sit right up against the cooling stem inside the inception stem and provide restrictive pulls. So make sure you can see that you left enough room of a gap between the two little stems. The other reason I use the bigger silicone is because with the two silicone pieces and the orings attached there's very little room to get that gap in there. Even though the picture below looks like the silicone is barely in there, because it's bigger, it's in there very snug and won't pull out. I hope you understand all that, lol.

IMG_E1718gfhdfh.jpg

Last edited:
@Starzboy77 : Sorry, this is not the best because I have it slightly modded, but it should get you going hopefully.......the silicone nearest the oven is just so the stem doesn't go in any further, I don't use portably so I don't need it to retract (plus it makes the whole stem just a tad longer, also to help mitigate the heat). But it doesn't matter, that part of the little glass stem just goes into the oven. The side I have going into the inception stem is one size bigger silicone than Marc provides, because of the variances in glass sometimes the smaller diamtered silicone leaves it a little loose in there and I don't like using those little o rings. But anyways my man, if my memory serves me correctly, I think Marc provides two little silicone pieces and some o rings. So on the inception side, if the provided silicone stays in there firm enough for you, your good. If not, than I believe you sandwich the orings inbetween the two silicones and insert.

One bit of warning though.......if you push the little glass stem of the Firewood in too far it's going to sit right up against the cooling stem inside the inception stem and provide restrictive pulls. So make sure you can see that you left enough room of a gap between the two little stems. The other reason I use the bigger silicone is because with the two silicone pieces and the orings attached there's very little room to get that gap in there. Even though the picture below looks like the silicone is barely in there, because it's bigger, it's in there very snug and won't pull out. I hope you understand all that, lol.

View attachment 13527
Really appreciate you. Thank you!

So what I did was use the larger silicone with an oring on the stem side and it seems to be working great. The oring isn't exactly centered but still seems to be air tight.

TeaCup

Really appreciate you. Thank you!

So what I did was use the larger silicone with an oring on the stem side and it seems to be working great. The oring isn't exactly centered but still seems to be air tight.

Awesome! There's no wrong way. O-ring un-centered........check. Airtight........check. Faded.......check. There's no wrong way if it works........check. :rockon:

Garysfriend

I've had my FW7 for a few weeks now and it really is an awesome vape. I feel like the shade of the wood has been lightening up a bit. Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but I have a tin of "under dog vapes, underbutter"

(From their website: "Underbutter is our version of wood conditioner, made with organic beeswax and oil.")

I'm assuming it's safe to use a light amount of this stuff on the FW7?

Thanks!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I've had my FW7 for a few weeks now and it really is an awesome vape. I feel like the shade of the wood has been lightening up a bit. Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but I have a tin of "under dog vapes, underbutter"

(From their website: "Underbutter is our version of wood conditioner, made with organic beeswax and oil.")

I'm assuming it's safe to use a light amount of this stuff on the FW7?

Thanks!
Oh yeah baby, lather that shit up!

im not a robot

it took me a while to get things dialled in right, but i think i am getting closer and this firewood is fantastic. i do think a fourth heat preset could be useful (for me), but it isnt too complicated changing temp on the fly once one is used to the buzz interface. vapour & extraction seems all excellent (particularly in terms customisability - and i feel this really is an edge the firewood has to other portables i know), but at the end of the day the entire user experience is just wonderful. so satisfying just pushing this little stem out. marvelling at the walnut. super portable. not exactly the on-demand mighty i was initially looking for (there is a learning curve, for me at least), but i am super-greatful i was able to get one of these. contender for greatest purchase of 2021.

Gigsabits53

it took me a while to get things dialled in right, but i think i am getting closer and this firewood is fantastic. i do think a fourth heat preset could be useful (for me), but it isnt too complicated changing temp on the fly once one is used to the buzz interface. vapour & extraction seems all excellent (particularly in terms customisability - and i feel this really is an edge the firewood has to other portables i know), but at the end of the day the entire user experience is just wonderful. so satisfying just pushing this little stem out. marvelling at the walnut. super portable. not exactly the on-demand mighty i was initially looking for (there is a learning curve, for me at least), but i am super-greatful i was able to get one of these. contender for greatest purchase of 2021.
You said it better than I ever could. I agree with everything. It's a fantastic portable vape. I like using it with a j-hook the best, but it works well through water also. I dont feel I need much cooling beyond the j-hook. I marvel at how my abv comes out so perfect with no stirring. Too many positives to list with this one.

Shit Snacks

It was so long before I even used mine with water, yeah the positives do just go on, love this new rig I just got, great with it, check the cheap glass thread for more details on it if you're interested!

PXL-20211002-215204183.jpg

It has slits facing down, so you can load less water if you want like I have here, or can load more as well, good amount of restriction and flow for the FW7!

Last edited:

stonedmallone

Alright I'm going to confess something that I'm not proud of. I haven't cleaned the Firewood since I got it back in August and I've only cleaned the stem 1 time. I know, I know, I 'm disgusting and I deserve the electric chair. I won't even blame anyone who judges me. But I promise I'm not like this with any over vape.. It's just... This thing just continues to rip without ever having any issues it seems... So I don't ever think to clean it.

However I noticed my grody behavior has had one tiny effect. I seem to have some resin residue on the ceramic bowl connector. How have people gone about cleaning that off?

Other than that, I am head over heels with this vape. I can't imagine what the 8 is going to bring

Shit Snacks

Alright I'm going to confess something that I'm not proud of. I haven't cleaned the Firewood since I got it back in August and I've only cleaned the stem 1 time. I know, I know, I 'm disgusting and I deserve the electric chair. I won't even blame anyone who judges me. But I promise I'm not like this with any over vape.. It's just... This thing just continues to rip without ever having any issues it seems... So I don't ever think to clean it.

However I noticed my grody behavior has had one tiny effect. I seem to have some resin residue on the ceramic bowl connector. How have people gone about cleaning that off?

Other than that, I am head over heels with this vape. I can't imagine what the 8 is going to bring

still iso qtip scrub, just gentle need to be careful, good quality tips, organic cotton, even the narrow kind, to protect the wood, some of the ceramic is removable but not all of it... Maybe hot distilled water too?

Yeah it's really minimal cleaning, the oven can be like self cleaning, the screen, especially if you are fully clearing it, not letting residual vapor seep anywhere, although it definitely gets dirtier with the standard setup and that right angle bend especially in the stem and mouthpiece... That is another reason that WPA is so great, it gives you a straight shot direct path with a little ceramic ring in the wood, then you're just cleaning your glass pieces which also don't need to be cleaned often at all depending on the pieces...

I use mine pretty daily, worked into the rotation with others, I don't need to clean very often, I've done it a total of 3 times maybe since I got it? After a clean you need to burn ins anyway to get it good, and then it breaks in again, but yeah with WPA the cleaning is less frequent, I was working the standard configuration into my rotation but not since I have so much glass now!

im not a robot

i have been using mine a lot since i got it (ca two weeks ago) & the little piece of glass that connects to the cooling stem had quite a lot of buildup & it started to affect taste noticeably. easy clean, but required some first time disassembly of the glass parts. there were some minor spots where the glass tube connects to the ceramic as well, the rest of the oven was clean. i cleaned the ceramic part with qtips & alcohol. is it inadvisable to just throw the ceramics in some iso with the glass (gently)? i only know that plastics / o-rings should not be washed in iso..

btw - i have had this jar of iso in use for i dont even know how long. it looks disgusting. but still seems to clean fine. i wonder if i am ever going to finish this iso bottle i bought 4(!) years ago.

@Shit Snacks are those fish in your glass? cute!

Top Bottom