Firewood Vaporizer

Vaporware

Yeah, I think that’s why you’re feeling it more than most of us. :lol:

You might want to try a small case. Even just a thick fabric sleeve or something could be enough to let you drop it right back into your pocket.

I do more like 2-3 *draws* instead of bowls and I can comfortably stick it back in my pocket, but if I did 3 bowls back to back I can’t think of anything I’ve tried that I could put straight back into my pocket without a case.

Garysfriend

Hello,

I just received my Firewood7 a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm using the Sony VTC6 battery, and was just curious if you all had any tips for longer battery life? I'm finding I get 2-3 "bowls" worth per each fully charged battery. I'll start with preset #2, take 3-5 hits, bump it up to preset #3 for 2-3 hits, and then I refill the oven. By the time I'm done with my 3rd bowl my battery is at a "single buzz" when doing the battery check. Sometimes I get the low battery warning before I finish the 3rd bowl. Is this normal?

Also, I only picked up 2 VTC6 battery. Are there larger capacity batteries you all recommend? I've been avoiding the monicells because of the size issue that's been brought up here.

Thanks!

Garysfriend,

Duba

Accessory Maker
I get 5 bowls/battery (Sony vtc5d, Molicell28A) at 390°F. 4+2 hits by bowl (and 1 stirring).

Duba,
Reactions: ezpz

florduh

A quality of life improvement I'd like to see in future models is an option for auto-firing without needing to hold the button. This might be hard to accomplish given the UI though. I mostly want it for water piece hits. I find holding the button while taking a bong hit awkward. This might be because I don't have the official WPA connector. Maybe it's easier to hold.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
A quality of life improvement I'd like to see in future models is an option for auto-firing without needing to hold the button. This might be hard to accomplish given the UI though. I mostly want it for water piece hits. I find holding the button while taking a bong hit awkward. This might be because I don't have the official WPA connector. Maybe it's easier to hold.
It’s very ergonomic with the proper WPA. That’s for sure.

florduh

It’s very ergonomic with the proper WPA. That’s for sure.
Then that's my problem. Though I do kind of think not having to hold the button when attached to a water piece would be nice. I usually use a smaller piece that I'm holding at the same time as the FW. It's just a little awkward given that the FW's button is a little harder to press (for me) than something like the TinyMight. But... I can't really visualize how to squeeze more functionality out of the single button. So maybe it is what it is.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I have the proper WPA and I just dont really get along with the button... its my biggest complaint. Considering I only have 2 complaints I guess that doesnt mean much but I really think the button itself could use some improvement. Like @florduh I find the TM button to be much easier.

It's not necessarily the positioning, but the button itself.

florduh

I have the proper WPA and I just dont really get along with the button... its my biggest complaint. Considering I only have 2 complaints I guess that doesnt mean much but I really think the button itself could use some improvement. Like @florduh I find the TM button to be much easier.

The funny part is, I don't really even need the auto-fire feature on the TM, because the button is so easy to press. The FW's button is kind of a "pain" (like a First World problem kind of "pain") in comparison, so on this device I'd actually use auto-fire. Oh well. I do think the FW's button will have more longevity on it.

Arawfish

Green Thumb

I can hold my bong and press the button with one hand, but I would agree that it’s far too soft of a button, sometimes it not sure if I pressed it and other times it ends my hit early because I didn’t put enough pressure on it. I would also like to se a more refined button in some way. I will say this about my TM though, that thing misses button presses all the damn time turning it off and on, I have to hit it 5-6 times on occasion.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello,

I just received my Firewood7 a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm using the Sony VTC6 battery, and was just curious if you all had any tips for longer battery life? I'm finding I get 2-3 "bowls" worth per each fully charged battery. I'll start with preset #2, take 3-5 hits, bump it up to preset #3 for 2-3 hits, and then I refill the oven. By the time I'm done with my 3rd bowl my battery is at a "single buzz" when doing the battery check. Sometimes I get the low battery warning before I finish the 3rd bowl. Is this normal?

Also, I only picked up 2 VTC6 battery. Are there larger capacity batteries you all recommend? I've been avoiding the monicells because of the size issue that's been brought up here.

Thanks!

Those are the batteries I use, and they are good for long life, what you described does not sound that weird though, so I would focus on adjusting your technique, how you're loading and using the button and drawing, less time on the button means less battery drain... Higher temps could also drain more, but that would mean faster hits, faster to heat, so it's all about balance... Drawing slow is a way to maximize heat, drawing fast you're asking the heater to keep up with you, requiring more power...

Then that's my problem. Though I do kind of think not having to hold the button when attached to a water piece would be nice. I usually use a smaller piece that I'm holding at the same time as the FW. It's just a little awkward given that the FW's button is a little harder to press (for me) than something like the TinyMight. But... I can't really visualize how to squeeze more functionality out of the single button. So maybe it is what it is.
The funny part is, I don't really even need the auto-fire feature on the TM, because the button is so easy to press. The FW's button is kind of a "pain" (like a First World problem kind of "pain") in comparison, so on this device I'd actually use auto-fire. Oh well. I do think the FW's button will have more longevity on it.

I think having to hold the button during a hit for FW7 (and TM) is unfortunately a necessary evil, ergonomically I don't find either one that ideal, it would be nice if you press the button and it just heated on its own like you were holding it down for 10 to 20 seconds? Maybe you could tap it again to shut it off... Most on demand vapes require the button press for the feature, so yeah hard to avoid, I am pretty much always using WPA with my FW7 now, various dry glass pieces and water pieces, it is fine and comfortable enough, like the TM (I don't really use the auto fire there much because I like to fully clear my hits and you would have to turn the device off), but yeah it was just be nice to not have to hold the button...

Garysfriend

@Shit Snacks Hey thanks for the tips. I'll try to keep it to preset 1 or 2 and draw slower. In regards to amount of material and amount of "packing", do you have any tips on that as far as efficiency?

Thank you.

florduh

Those are the batteries I use, and they are good for long life, what you described does not sound that weird though, so I would focus on adjusting your technique, how you're loading and using the button and drawing, less time on the button means less battery drain... Higher temps could also drain more, but that would mean faster hits, faster to heat, so it's all about balance... Drawing slow is a way to maximize heat, drawing fast you're asking the heater to keep up with you, requiring more power...

I think having to hold the button during a hit for FW7 (and TM) is unfortunately a necessary evil, ergonomically I don't find either one that ideal, it would be nice if you press the button and it just heated on its own like you were holding it down for 10 to 20 seconds? Maybe you could tap it again to shut it off... Most on demand vapes require the button press for the feature, so yeah hard to avoid, I am pretty much always using WPA with my FW7 now, various dry glass pieces and water pieces, it is fine and comfortable enough, like the TM (I don't really use the auto fire there much because I like to fully clear my hits and you would have to turn the device off), but yeah it was just be nice to not have to hold the button...
I’ve only recently started using the FW with a water piece, so that’s probably why I’m just noticing the awkward button issue when also holding my little bong.

But I gotta say, this thing’s pretty clutch through water. Starting the day with a big ol CBD flower hit has become as essential as coffee in the AM. Strongly recommend it.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Shit Snacks Hey thanks for the tips. I'll try to keep it to preset 1 or 2 and draw slower. In regards to amount of material and amount of "packing", do you have any tips on that as far as efficiency?

Thank you.

I mean it depends how you use the presets, what you want, I'll see you can change the presets to be whatever you want, you know?

Also remember to let go of the button but keep inhaling, keep inhaling as long as you can to fully clear, that is more efficient, you're not leaving any heat in it, so yeah don't hold the button too long because you want to be able to fully clear and use all the heat... You can speed up your draw for that last third of it especially once you let go of the button, for efficiency.

Yeah fine grind, medium can be okay, but you want a very consistent grind ideally, with a nice tight pack, do not load too full, half full is a really good all around, but it is also nice to load a quarter full, 3/4 full is of course fine, but yeah all of these things affect your use and better efficiency, there's a lot of variables!

I suggest skimming backwards through the thread, you will see many tips shared for how to use :tup:

Vaporware

Hello,

Thanks!

I think I was the first one to report issues with Molicels, but my battery compartment loosened up within a couple of months I think, and ever since I’ve been using 2 Molicels and a VTC6 all without problems.

I haven’t been keeping track of the differences as they age, but early on I definitely liked the Molicels better, and I think I still do. If your VTC6 doesn’t feel too tight in the compartment, you might want to try a P26A or P28A.

I haven’t really been keeping track of how many bowls per battery I get either. I rarely do more than one a day in the FW7 and sometimes I stretch a bowl over 2 days, don’t use it for a few days, etc. so counting gets hard. I feel like I probably get a bit more out of a battery than you described, but I doubt it’s a dramatic difference and a lot of little things could make a difference in power consumption.

In the end, we’re powering a pretty strong little heater and I think most of the most similar 18650 powered vaporizers out there get in the range of 2-5 bowls per battery.

If I’m wrong about that, someone please let me know!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I can hold my bong and press the button with one hand, but I would agree that it’s far too soft of a button, sometimes it not sure if I pressed it and other times it ends my hit early because I didn’t put enough pressure on it. I would also like to se a more refined button in some way. I will say this about my TM though, that thing misses button presses all the damn time turning it off and on, I have to hit it 5-6 times on occasion.

I think a good "click" type button would fix it. As of right now, minus the device's vibration, I have no way of knowing if I've applied enough pressure. Since I get feedback its not a problem for the "on" but there have been many times I've accidentally relieved enough pressure to cut power, only realizing when it the cooldown buzz goes off, and plenty of times I've mistakenly thought I've let up too much pressure, only to realize it was still firing, then have to wait for the cooldown buzz and start over.

If there was a "click" to the button I think it would solve a lot of that for me anyways. Also if I remember correctly the newer FW7s are slightly more beveled around the button to make it easier, mine was from before. I could also be making that part up lol

I've thought about how nice it would be to have a "push to start/stop" feature instead of a press and hold, BUT after thinking about it, I feel like you'd be much more likely to forget to stop it or not realize how long its been on and risk combustion, or at the very least overcooking. Even a 2 minute time out option would be a long time in the FW oven. Only based on my experience, even spacing out on the "ready" buzz for a good 45 seconds my shit was way overcooked.

But I gotta say, this thing’s pretty clutch through water. Starting the day with a big ol CBD flower hit has become as essential as coffee in the AM. Strongly recommend it.

I think I'm going to have to make this happen ASAP. I have a ton of CBD sitting around I have to start using lol

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I feel like I probably get a bit more out of a battery than you described, but I doubt it’s a dramatic difference and a lot of little things could make a difference in power consumption.
Yup. Asking how many bowls is kind of like asking how long’s a piece of string.

There are too many factors— I like a more medium grind, keep it lightly tamped, and am training myself to stop at a lightish brown now that I’m in a legal state. I slow draw native mainly at 340 for about 12 secs from the buzz, let go the button, and keep drawing through the cooldown buzz. With a fresh Molicel, I get 3-4 bowls.

I’d expect everyone’s miles to vary.

florduh

I think I'm going to have to make this happen ASAP. I have a ton of CBD sitting around I have to start using lol

Oh dude, for sure do it. I think conduction/hybrid vapes like the FW are particularly well suited to CBD flower. It doesn't get me high or inebriated. But I'm not totally straight either. I just feel good/better. At the very least, a big lungful will knock out any THC induced brain cobwebs from the night before.

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Well I got my firewood 7 today and I'm really blown away. I have a couple P-80s and a Tinymight, as well as other good stuff, and I am really really blown away.

Please forgive me if this was covered before. There are a lot of pages to check, and this is really pretty cool. One of the things that kinda bummed me out was the lack of refills on the fly. I had a EUREKA moment. I tried putting a Tinymight cage into the oven. Didn't work, the lid didn't clear the cover. After a moment of bummness I had another EUREKA. Take the lid off...

It is a perfect fit! Load a bunch in my pocket, when I'm ready to use one, pop off the lid and throw it in my pocket, press the weed under the holes, pop on the lid when done to collect abv, and refills on the fly.

danjens

Well I got my firewood 7 today and I'm really blown away. I have a couple P-80s and a Tinymight, as well as other good stuff, and I am really really blown away.

Please forgive me if this was covered before. There are a lot of pages to check, and this is really pretty cool. One of the things that kinda bummed me out was the lack of refills on the fly. I had a EUREKA moment. I tried putting a Tinymight cage into the oven. Didn't work, the lid didn't clear the cover. After a moment of bummness I had another EUREKA. Take the lid off...

It is a perfect fit! Load a bunch in my pocket, when I'm ready to use one, pop off the lid and throw it in my pocket, press the weed under the holes, pop on the lid when done to collect abv, and refills on the fly.
Congrats on the acquisition! Cool technique with the little cages. Do you still get hybrid heating with the herb encapsulated?

Top Bottom