Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Most expensive OGB purchase to date so not for everyone but initial impressions are good. Excuse the ashy WPA
View attachment 8290

Nice! I guess the male joint is more difficult for him? I see you only have four spikes too, very long though and the 15 mm tubing! We know that right angle is going to do the bulk of cooling anyway, looks like he got the male joint very close to the tube, low profile? Let's see it connected!

Also ashy? Pishaw now you just have some two-tone action going on :tup:

@cliffhanger1 he says it was made custom by Oregon glass blower, and given the other pieces from him, I am certain it cost more than the one West had made in Australia, you can also see how they are different dimensions...

stonedmallone

patiently waiting for the firewood 8. I made the tough decision and picked the tinymight over the firewood 7 after a long back and forth. honestly, I figured the firewood 8 would come before the tm2 so that's kind of how I finally came to a decision.

honestly if the tetra p80 was available I might have gone with that over both

Shit Snacks

patiently waiting for the firewood 8. I made the tough decision and picked the tinymight over the firewood 7 after a long back and forth. honestly, I figured the firewood 8 would come before the tm2 so that's kind of how I finally came to a decision.

honestly if the tetra p80 was available I might have gone with that over both

I think you made a fine choice! These are three of the tippy top tier portables, so your logic to wait for the FW8 is good since you just got the TM for now, they will compliment each other very nicely if my experience with the FW7 is any indication! I consider TP80 a bit more of a mobile desktop than a super portable, though honestly I am using all of them through jayhooks at home these days.

stonedmallone

I think you made a fine choice! These are three of the tippy top tier portables, so your logic to wait for the FW8 is good since you just got the TM for now, they will compliment each other very nicely if my experience with the FW7 is any indication! I consider TP80 a bit more of a mobile desktop than a super portable, though honestly I am using all of them through jayhooks at home these days.
Absolutely loving he TM right now, really have no complaints at all! It's just when I see the fw7 it's so gorgeous that I can't help but wonder lol. if you had to use only one of those 3 as your daily driver, which one are you picking?

Shit Snacks

Absolutely loving he TM right now, really have no complaints at all! It's just when I see the fw7 it's so gorgeous that I can't help but wonder lol. if you had to use only one of those 3 as your daily driver, which one are you picking?

Yeah so I think you made a good choice, because I think TM would be my overall and it is of course the most readily available consistently now, but I am puffing on the FW7 right now for my first bowl of the day with some lovely fine ground blueberry faygo bud through my heady hook, three delightful hits at my level one (310F) and I am about to step it up to level two (340F) and will continue up to my level three (370F) afterward to finish... I love watching the vapor flow, through the clear section of my hook, it is the most fun with the firewood, the hybrid heating makes it really interesting and you can tell how it thickens when I up the temp levels, but also just during a hit, the air flow through this hook is also fun to play with, since the FW7 allows me to do a slower draw as well as a faster draw, the vapor sometimes can swirl a little pulling down into the bottom horns of my hook... One nice thing about this heady hook, it really is making my sessions last two or three times as long because I am caught up in the visuals lol Helps me pace myself leisurely!

stonedmallone

Yeah so I think you made a good choice, because I think TM would be my overall and it is of course the most readily available consistently now, but I am puffing on the FW7 right now for my first bowl of the day with some lovely fine ground blueberry faygo bud through my heady hook, three delightful hits at my level one (310F) and I am about to step it up to level two (340F) and will continue up to my level three (370F) afterward to finish... I love watching the vapor flow, through the clear section of my hook, it is the most fun with the firewood, the hybrid heating makes it really interesting and you can tell how it thickens when I up the temp levels, but also just during a hit, the air flow through this hook is also fun to play with, since the FW7 allows me to do a slower draw as well as a faster draw, the vapor sometimes can swirl a little pulling down into the bottom horns of my hook... One nice thing about this heady hook, it really is making my sessions last two or three times as long because I am caught up in the visuals lol Helps me pace myself leisurely!
Oh man this definitely did not help me not want the firewood 7 at all hahaha! it sounds so delightful. so many vapes still left on my list. tafee bowle, firewood 7, p80! I'll own them all I swear!

Shit Snacks

Oh man this definitely did not help me not want the firewood 7 at all hahaha! it sounds so delightful. so many vapes still left on my list. tafee bowle, firewood 7, p80! I'll own them all I swear!

Haha sorry not sorry, yeah I mean if you were able I would highly suggest grabbing the FW7 and the FW8 of course ;) but yeah it is just such a delightful counterpart to the TM honestly, similar style (with my usage) only this has a ceramic conduction chamber... Also anyone who has any affinity for the classic session conduction style, but annoyed by their lack of efficiency and control and speed and power, will absolutely love the firewood7 (and presumably the eventual firewood8) :uhoh::cool:okay maybe now sorry!:lol:

I actually finished this bowl with only one hit at my highest setting, the hits I took at my lowest setting were pretty long slow milkers lol then at my middle setting I paced myself through five more with time in between that entailed warming the heater back up so smaller shorter hits until the last two... then by my first hit at my third setting it tasted toasted enough that I didn't want to have more hits there though I certainly could have done a couple more!

stonedmallone

Haha sorry not sorry, yeah I mean if you were able I would highly suggest grabbing the FW7 and the FW8 of course ;) but yeah it is just such a delightful counterpart to the TM honestly, similar style (with my usage) only this has a ceramic conduction chamber... Also anyone who has any affinity for the classic session conduction style, but annoyed by their lack of efficiency and control and speed and power, will absolutely love the firewood7 (and presumably the eventual firewood8) :uhoh::cool:okay maybe now sorry!:lol:

I actually finished this bowl with only one hit at my highest setting, the hits I took at my lowest setting were pretty long slow milkers lol then at my middle setting I paced myself through five more with time in between that entailed warming the heater back up so smaller shorter hits until the last two... then by my first hit at my third setting it tasted toasted enough that I didn't want to have more hits there though I certainly could have done a couple more!
you're making it incredibly hard to be patient :lol: do we have any idea when the fw8 might be released???

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I followed your example and lowered the presets. I didn't go as low as you: 350, 370, and 390°. Great so far and long hits with the over-the-top cooling of the new corncob are pretty legendary. You're right it'd be good to have one with no dimples for better flavor
PXL_20210524_201441081~2.jpg

Shit Snacks

I followed your example and lowered the presets. I didn't go as low as you: 350, 370, and 390°. Great so far and long hits with the over-the-top cooling of the new corncob are pretty legendary. You're right it'd be good to have one with no dimples for better flavor
View attachment 8345

Nice! So you weren't a fan of the lowest setting of 340 with yours? Funny how different we all are, I really get the most out of my low temps I guess, though my original which is supposedly tuned around 30° hotter, I settled in with 320-350-390 as opposed to the 310-340-370 I am using with my regular one now (which did surprise me as I expected it to be feel cooler) Perhaps I should try to get one more for science sake!

Also totally thought you were going to share a photo with that corn cob attached now! ;)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

west-elec

Looking lush all around, cheers man!

View attachment 8384

I have stem envy, yours is so much bigger than mine. @shitsnacks called mine Lady Elle, that makes yours big mamma Elle.👍
Still waiting on the price for Mr Jay, the dimpled male j hooks from the Labglass place. I was worried I had scared them off. He asked me what "All these things" were for, so I told him. Didn't use any illegal words but spelt out the use purpose, mentioned the growing need for medically pure delivery devices and how cooling tubes help. I guess they probably don't get much stoner work. But I just got an email, his estimator is off sick, so not fazed. Hopefully confirm tomorrow.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have stem envy, yours is so much bigger than mine. @shitsnacks called mine Lady Elle, that makes yours big mamma Elle.👍
Still waiting on the price for Mr Jay, the dimpled male j hooks from the Labglass place. I was worried I had scared them off. He asked me what "All these things" were for, so I told him. Didn't use any illegal words but spelt out the use purpose, mentioned the growing need for medically pure delivery devices and how cooling tubes help. I guess they probably don't get much stoner work. But I just got an email, his estimator is off sick, so not fazed. Hopefully confirm tomorrow.
Lol yeah, I mostly vape at home so the ergonomics and over-the-top cooling are more important than portability, especially in the wpa config.

Super cool that you have a local blower, as it were. Show us whatever you end up getting.

@cx714 yep, that's the latest (and most expensive) OGB hook. Makes the Firewood7 even more of a heavy hitter if you can imagine. Kinda curious how much cheaper it'd be without the cooling dimples, although I'm inevitably taking longer hits with it so no regrets

Texus

I bought my favourite girl a new leather jacket so she is well protected when we step out together. I think it suits her nicely.
@bossman you inspired an upgrade in the sophistication level, a modified and repurposed tobacco pouch seemed appropriate.
View attachment 8374
View attachment 8373

Now she can come with me deep into the jungle.
View attachment 8375
Beautiful case. The big improvement in my portable game lately was on pairing this with the ZAM grinder. Especially if you have multiple strains. It is small and portable but can hold up to 5 nugs or ground in separate chambers. Killer combo. Might be tight but possibly could also fit in that cool pouch.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
@cx714 yep, that's the latest (and most expensive) OGB hook. Makes the Firewood7 even more of a heavy hitter if you can imagine. Kinda curious how much cheaper it'd be without the cooling dimples, although I'm inevitably taking longer hits with it so no regrets
Thanks. It’s on my list.

(Was secretly hoping you’d found a cheaper alternative!)

west-elec

Got the quote from Labglass in Brisbane for custom cooling mouthpieces.
Custom dimpled L hook, like in my pics- 14mm male joint, 13mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 125mm long, 9 dimples. AU$53 ea (about US$41)
Custom dimpled J hook- 17mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 250mm long, 12 dimples, tapered mouthpiece end. 14mm male joint AU$59 ea, 18mm male joint AU$60 ea (about US$47)
I have to pay 10% tax, but export is exempt. Postage depends on distance and quantity, they will quote when you inquire. Local is $15.
They use German Schott boro and do very nice work from the 2 orders I have given them. Packaging is OTT with small parts swimming in a sea of shredded paper in a big box. Roughly 2 weeks from payment to shipping.
I've ordered one of the 14mm J hooks, so if you want to wait to see pics before you order I should have it in about 2 weeks.
They are an industrial supplier so wouldn't be able to do fancy works of art like @Shit Snacks gets, but standard fittings are no problem, see their old school catalogue for ideas. Labglass catalogue
email Graham at labglass.office@gmail.com
If you call them "Custom dimpled L, or J mouthpiece" he will know what specs we are talking.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Got the quote from Labglass in Brisbane for custom cooling mouthpieces.
Custom dimpled L hook, like in my pics- 14mm male joint, 13mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 125mm long, 9 dimples. AU$53 ea (about US$41)
Custom dimpled J hook- 17mm tube, 2.2mm wall, 250mm long, 12 dimples, tapered mouthpiece end. 14mm male joint AU$59 ea, 18mm male joint AU$60 ea (about US$47)
I have to pay 10% tax, but export is exempt. Postage depends on distance and quantity, they will quote when you inquire. Local is $15.
They use German Schott boro and do very nice work from the 2 orders I have given them. Packaging is OTT with small parts swimming in a sea of shredded paper in a big box. Roughly 2 weeks from payment to shipping.
I've ordered one of the 14mm J hooks, so if you want to wait to see pics before you order I should have it in about 2 weeks.
They are an industrial supplier so wouldn't be able to do fancy works of art like @Shit Snacks gets, but standard fittings are no problem, see their old school catalogue for ideas. Labglass catalogue
email Graham at labglass.office@gmail.com
If you call them "Custom dimpled L, or J mouthpiece" he will know what specs we are talking.

Nice, thanks dude! I'm sure it will save on shipping, if a bunch of US folks interested order together, someone has to volunteer to then reship out though I guess... Not sure the savings would help any more then lol

Texus

Nice, thanks dude! I'm sure it will save on shipping, if a bunch of US folks interested order together, someone has to volunteer to then reship out though I guess... Not sure the savings would help any more then lol
Again, maybe worth contacting Firewood? We'd commit to a certain number, and Firewood can send those out to us using their normal shipping procedures, and then FW can decide about buying additional to offer on their website.

floribud

Battery recommendations. I need to get some fresh batteries. Has anyone test a few different types with the FW7. What's the longest lasting battery? Molicel P26? Sony VTC5A? Firewood recommends the Samsung 20S, but as a 20mah battery wouldn't it run out of juice quicker than the 2600 mah Sony VTC5A?

Easywider

Simple is the way
Battery recommendations. I need to get some fresh batteries. Has anyone test a few different types with the FW7. What's the longest lasting battery? Molicel P26? Sony VTC5A? Firewood recommends the Samsung 20S, but as a 20mah battery wouldn't it run out of juice quicker than the 2600 mah Sony VTC5A?
I use all 3 of these and can't really tell the difference but I've only had it a few weeks.
If you can grab the Molicel on sale $3.50 I think it would be a great choice.

Top Bottom