• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So @Shit Snacks you would agree then that if an owner of an recalibrated FW7 wants to create a pre-set at an actual 350 degrees F, then that would be accomplished by setting the pre-set to 380 degree F... you agree?

I agree, except for your use of "actual 350" bc Marc would argue the new one is actual... Yes 380 on the new version will be what 350 was on the old one...

bornfree13

So @Shit Snacks you would agree then that if an owner of an recalibrated FW7 wants to create a pre-set at an actual 350 degrees F, then that would be accomplished by setting the pre-set to 380 degree F... you agree?

If you have a re-calibrated unit. Then you set actual temps. I asked him to reset my settings to 370/390/410 after re-calibration.

I hope this helps

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
If you have a re-calibrated unit. Then you set actual temps. I asked him to reset my settings to 370/390/410 after re-calibration.

I hope this helps

Thanks!

So those being your objective temps, Marc would have then set your unit at 400, 420 and 440 degrees F, in order to achieve them, correct? In order to account for the 30 degree variance after recalibration?

Or, would he set your unit to 370/390/410 knowing that "actually" they are each 30 degrees cooler, i.e., 340/360/380?

Sorry for my confusion...I think I'll go take a joyride now in my hermetically sealed SUV! :rofl: :rofl:

Shit Snacks

Thanks!

So those being your objective temps, Marc would have then set your unit at 400, 420 and 440 degrees F, in order to achieve them, correct? In order to account for the 30 degree variance after recalibration?

Or, would he set your unit to 370/390/410 knowing that "actually" they are each 30 degrees cooler, i.e., 340/360/380?

Sorry for my confusion...I think I'll go take a joyride now in my hermetically sealed SUV! :rofl: :rofl:

Pretty sure Marc set it to the new calibration, yeah this is only an issue because you (like me) are used to the original calibration lol

bornfree13

Thanks!

I thought it was the other way. old 400 is now a reduced temp of 370.

I lucked out and Marc set mine perfectly

Thanks again Marc, She works like a charm!

Shit Snacks

@firewood this is my design to turn the wpa into something quite portable (just need a more ergonomic curved wpa ;)) so I will let you know how it is once I have it, and will share a pic with it on my FW7 of course!
Screenshot-20201008-161417.png

This is a one-of-a-kind prototype, they only had one cobalt 12 mm tube to make this :D

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@firewood this is my design to turn the wpa into something quite portable (just need a more ergonomic curved wpa ;)) so I will let you know how it is once I have it, and will share a pic with it on my FW7 of course!

This is a one-of-a-kind prototype, they only had one cobalt 12 mm tube to make this :D

Just be careful you're not inventing the vape equivalent of the proverbial committee-born camel! :myday:

Fat Freddy,

firewood

Manufacturer

Wow that looks awesome! I didn't realize you did glass work. Can't wait to see it all together.

I am thinking about picking up one of these and tossing my mighty, how does the FW7 compare? any general thoughts?

One thing I'm worried about is draw resistance and I want something that is capable of hitting hard and not backing off when I take a massive hit as so many vapes do

How is the flavor from this vape? I love getting a massive turp hit and tasting all the awesome flavors.

YellowFever,

kadjo

Just got my firewood 7 and I accidentally combusted my 2nd chamber. Prior to that it was delicious and pretty easy. I love this unit it's pretty sweet I don't know if it would replace something like a mighty or another factory made as I find I personally use these handcrafted vapes with much more care than I do the mass produced ones.

Any advice on how to get to the charred taste out of the unit (I did a pretty thorough iso wipe but it did not seem to work so well) will it eventually go on its own?

Last edited:
kadjo,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Shit Snacks

Wow that looks awesome! I didn't realize you did glass work. Can't wait to see it all together.

Oh, no, sorry I wish I did glass work, hopefully maybe someday? This is a custom design I had someone else on IG make for me (unfortunately the heady custom 19 female jayhook they were also making me broke at the end though) My diagram had it coming up a little taller, also not as clean of a diagram of course lol

I am thinking about picking up one of these and tossing my mighty, how does the FW7 compare? any general thoughts?

One thing I'm worried about is draw resistance and I want something that is capable of hitting hard and not backing off when I take a massive hit as so many vapes do

How is the flavor from this vape? I love getting a massive turp hit and tasting all the awesome flavors.

Flavor is fantastic, way way way better than the mighty, but also this is on demand, not session style, so yeah quite different despite some similarities... But there is minimal draw resistance and plenty of power, it indeed does hit hard and can keep up with a massive hit!

kadjo

Any tips on clearing out the char flavor after combustion? I've tried iso is it just a matter of time and use to get past it, or is there something that will get the burnt flavor out?

kadjo,

firewood

Manufacturer
Any tips on clearing out the char flavor after combustion? I've tried iso is it just a matter of time and use to get past it, or is there something that will get the burnt flavor out?
Whenever I have combusted I don't even use ISO. I just keep using it and after one or two uses the taste is gone.

kadjo

Whenever I have combusted I don't even use ISO. I just keep using it and after one or two uses the taste is gone.
Thanks Marc. I am gonna put it through the paces this week! Looking forward to the experience.

kadjo,

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
Check out this idea for an optional extra cooling mouthpiece. It is barely bigger than the original mp (adds 0.05" to the height) and allows the mp to retract

View attachment 3200
View attachment 3201
View attachment 3202
View attachment 3203
This is looks really good and a lot more solid than the first idea you had. This way I think the glass will get less chance of breaking and you can keep the esthetic of the vape pretty much the same. Is it easy to pull out and retract?

The Chemist,
Reactions: Vaporware

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Wow! Interesting idea!

So is it necessary to router the slot in the side or was that just for illustration purposes?

Are you selling those dimple stems or do they come from a third party retailer? For instance, is that a Hulu cooling stem?

I can see how it obviously extends the mouthpiece and makes it more sturdy but does it actually make the vape draw temp any cooler?

Does the smaller dia. tube get shortened so the vape output is cooled thru the dimpled cooling stem, rather than travel the entire distance thru the smaller tube? I couldn't quite determine that from your pic.

Or is the routed opening your design to allow the user to move the cooling stem out and then to retract?

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

Shit Snacks

Nice work @firewood!

So my question is, how far can the mouthpiece stick out while still remaining in the ceramic housing, can it go out farther than the standard original? If you recall it wasn't such a fan of how close that put my lips and nose to the body of the FW7...

And also of course, the tip of the glass mouthpiece not getting hot, hopefully the cooling spikes help absorb the heat before it can get to the mouthpiece and burn lips!

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom