Firewood Vaporizer

purpletweed

Ok, pics below as requested. Regarding the questions about whether it is on demand... The heat up time depends on the battery and the heat level. It is typically around 10-12 seconds give or take. You'll be getting vapor on that first hit so it is pretty fast. The big advantages of hybrid convection/conduction are denser vapor, need to stir is eliminated, and cleaning is very easy because the oven and screen basically self clean.

Here are the pics:

Assembled and ready to go:
vw642ftdk0e51.png

Removing the Lid:
ydresiclk0e51.png

Lid Removed:
35fjmo7pk0e51.png

Underside with mouthpiece removed:
ql4rrxask0e51.png

Assembled with 14mm tapered female WPA:
4p905g3wk0e51.png

Wow, it looks lovely! I had to hit reply in order to see the photos show up -- maybe in my post they'll be visible.
Edit: nope. But if you hit reply on Marc's post, the photos are visible in the composition window, for some reason.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Ok, pics below as requested. Regarding the questions about whether it is on demand... The heat up time depends on the battery and the heat level. It is typically around 10-12 seconds give or take. You'll be getting vapor on that first hit so it is pretty fast. The big advantages of hybrid convection/conduction are denser vapor, need to stir is eliminated, and cleaning is very easy because the oven and screen basically self clean.

Here are the pics:

vw642ftdk0e51.png

Removing the Lid:
ydresiclk0e51.png

Lid Removed:
35fjmo7pk0e51.png

ql4rrxask0e51.png

4p905g3wk0e51.png
Oh my! :drool:

Another work of art, Marc.

So the WPA replaces the regular lid?

And the mouthpiece on the regular lid sticks out a little bit when not in use?

Will the button operate like on the fw4 or will it need to be held during draws in like on the fw6?

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hi Marc,

Interesting design!

Pics are not available unless you hit "reply" on your post....maybe one of the mods can fix for you?

So when are they up for sale? Waiting list? Any chance someone will do a video for us? Price?

Thanks!

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: BeeSawd

firewood

Manufacturer
Thanks! Yes, the WPA replaces the regular lid, so you aren't using the glass tube (not needed when using wpa IMO)

The button needs to be held during draw like fw6.

No, the mouthpiece is completely flush and there is a little wooden slider that you use to get it out. I'd post a picture of that but the image posting doesn't seem to be working. It give giving me an "oops we ran into some problems" message. And i can't link the images from reddit. Anybody have any advice on images?

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
For anyone having trouble, image links are here:

I almost regret asking for pictures now :( ... because I haven’t been this excited for a vape since....this time last year with the FW6 😆. Can’t wait!!
Thanks! Yes, the WPA replaces the regular lid, so you aren't using the glass tube (not needed when using wpa IMO)

The button needs to be held during draw like fw6.

No, the mouthpiece is completely flush and there is a little wooden slider that you use to get it out. I'd post a picture of that but the image posting doesn't seem to be working. It give giving me an "oops we ran into some problems" message. And i can't link the images from reddit. Anybody have any advice on images?

I think you need to enable images on your account.

Click on your FC profile picture -> preferences -> image attachments

Last edited:

moondog

Here are the pics:

vw642ftdk0e51.png

Removing the Lid:
ydresiclk0e51.png

Lid Removed:
35fjmo7pk0e51.png

ql4rrxask0e51.png

4p905g3wk0e51.png
Ok, it looks like the images have to be jpg format (at least png doesn't work :bang: )

Here are the jpg versions:
Marc,

Will the fw6 use 18650 batteries?

moondog,
Reactions: Tiny88

elykpeace

exVASted
@firewood can't wait! Is the 14 mm a female attachment or a male. I saw the description for the WPA but the pic shows the block and a hole ? The mouthpiece I guess?

elykpeace,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
How about a video of you using the vape? Love to see that in action.

Last edited:
Tiny88,

moondog

Marc's post above (#5,261) has them all as attachments. They should open when you click on them.

moondog,

firewood

Manufacturer
I'm guessing a 14 mm male glass adapter fits in that opening.
Yes, the WPA has a 14mm female hole, so it takes a 14mm male. I guess a lot of glass dab rigs come with a 14mm male fittingso that is the ideal option. I personally have a female 14mm water pipe so I use an adapter.
How about a video of you using the vape? Love to see that in action.
Sorry, I am not so much into making videos, and if I did it would take way too long. I'm sure user/tester videos won't be too far away.

TastyCakeWasTasty

butter your wood
Wowzha! :cool: Seeing a lot of cool changes here. It's amazing how a person can be so innovative every year with such a small and relatively simple device.

Thanks for the teasers, Marc! :tup:
This oven design actually looks pretty amazing. I can see how it should achieve the purported quick heat up and even extraction. I also suspect capsules may work really well with this :clap:

Edit: the wait may be shorter than I thought :lol::D

Last edited:

hippogriff

Oh man, I picked the right day to log in. The F5 has been my daily for a couple years now, mostly w just one chamber filled - the button and the stays-one-piece-while-loading of it suit my use the best. Really digging the simple shape of the F7, with all the carefully balanced details on the inside.

elykpeace

exVASted
Curious when these can be ordered? (Or how others have ordered - maybe a limited initial run, that’s now passed by?)
I asked to be on the wait list a while back. I'm guessing those who are on it got the email to make an account (have had one since the fw4 was released) and are able to purchase.

My understanding is a few of us get to purchase the fw7 and are going to be the testers.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Wow looks great @firewood! Unfortunately I have still not had the pleasure of using any of your products, but I am thinking the FW7 may be the first! Looks like some very impressive innovation with a thoughtful design... since I missed out on all the wait list stuff I guess I won't be an early adopter or beta tester for this, but I am very much looking forward to the first user reports!

Top Bottom