Firewood Vaporizer

Lozo

After the sticky button issue my FW6 came back from Marc and worked well for a time however over the last few weeks it didn't respond with what I was asking it to do. Random buzzes during use and not always functioning well, powering down during draws etc

If I just click the heater module down with my thumb (while the two halves were separated) I get a positive action and result. I discovered that the loading tool interfered with the heater module being able to fully click down when it was in position. I sanded the tamping curved part down a fraction and so far the heater module now works as intended and the FW6 seems to work well again. As @rvarick said presses have to be spaced apart but if you're having trouble test the action of the heater module when apart and then see if anything is interfering when together.

Hope that helps

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
After the sticky button issue my FW6 came back from Marc and worked well for a time however over the last few weeks it didn't respond with what I was asking it to do. Random buzzes during use and not always functioning well, powering down during draws etc

If I just click the heater module down with my thumb (while the two halves were separated) I get a positive action and result. I discovered that the loading tool interfered with the heater module being able to fully click down when it was in position. I sanded the tamping curved part down a fraction and so far the heater module now works as intended and the FW6 seems to work well again. As @rvarick said presses have to be spaced apart but if you're having trouble test the action of the heater module when apart and then see if anything is interfering when together.

Hope that helps

Spacing out clicks definitely helped me get a handle on the FW6 operations, but I do still get the same type of anomalous behaviors you describe from time to time. I assumed it was because my dexterity/strength issues were causing me to not be pressing as firmly as needed, but maybe I need to do some micro-sanding of the tamping tool.

Thanks!!

Lozo

@moondog I've also sanded the curved parts of the outer edges so when fully pressed together there's a very consistent slight gap between the two halves. I'd say start my removing the tool and see how the button works without it and go from there, so far seems to have worked here.

caseball2051

Nothing to report. My Fw6 still gets used daily. It's a great vape. Fast extraction, good battery life, easy to clean. It's fucking gorgeous obviously as well.

My only firewood regret is not asking for contrasting pieces like some other members have.

I still haven't used the dugout feature though tbh.

Last edited:

shredder

Anyone else having the battery terminal nearest the heater flatten?

It happened to me a few times and eventually it fell off. Marc replaced it, but it's a shaky design imho.

It doesn't take much for the battery weight to flatten it. Last time it was in my pants pocket and flattened when I took off my pants. It dropped about a foot.

Anyone come up with a fix?

shredder,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

bornfree13

High
I actually sent mine back for that reason also. The problem was I had herb stuck in the end of the tamping hole. Causing me not to be able to push in. Mark fixed it and also set my temps for me.

Before that I used a cup screen in the bowl worked great . You just couldn't slide herb into bowl, the lip was in its way.

Now that I have it back it works great.

I did add a folded BIG screen under the ceramic bowl to give it more of a lift. Better push feedback

Just pull out your stem and the ceramic bowl will come right out when you turn it over

I hope this helps

Joeguito

Hi from PR

I have this unit over a year, I have 2 25R, 2500mAh 3.7V / I will like it with little more power can it be safe more power? / I start it to use it more with kief is much better

Joeguito,
Reactions: shredder

Trulukkyphrank

Nothing to report. My Fw6 still gets used daily. It's a great vape. Fast extraction, good battery life, easy to clean. It's fucking gorgeous obviously as well.

My only firewood regret is not asking for contrasting pieces like some other members have.

I still haven't used the dugout feature though tbh.

same here!

Wait what, from where do you know what I have ordered? :razz:

portability is outstanding imo

Trulukkyphrank,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Brewervapesalot

I had both FW5 and FW6. A couple of each actually. Sold them. The only one that I miss, every so often, is the FW5.

FW6 vapor was too hot, but still good. FW5 was an awesome convection out and about vape. Easier to get big clouds IMO. And just slide a cashed bowl for a new one between beers when out at the bar.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: bornfree13

bornfree13

I had both FW5 and FW6. A couple of each actually. Sold them. The only one that I miss, every so often, is the FW5.

FW6 vapor was too hot, but still good. FW5 was an awesome convection out and about vape. Easier to get big clouds IMO. And just slide a cashed bowl for a new one between beers when out at the bar.
Yea, If you don't adjust the temps it goes up to 430 I believe. I had to send mine back for a small problem and while he had it I asked him to adjust my temps for me at 370,390,410. Perfect settings IMO

bornfree13,

Brewervapesalot

Yea, If you don't adjust the temps it goes up to 430 I believe. I had to send mine back for a small problem and while he had it I asked him to adjust my temps for me at 370,390,410. Perfect settings IMO

What I remember is the FW5 had cooler vapor out the mouthpiece on all temperature settings. It was to a point that I put a small silicone tube on the FW6 mouthpiece leading to another glass eyedrop mouthpiece.

For those who have both units, when you draw on either, put the tip of your tongue right where vapor comes out when u draw. Vapor from the FW6 bordered on uncomfortably hot. The FW5 was noticeably cooler. Not as cool as a MV1 but definitely cooler. That and the five smaller bowl design made it my favorite by a small margin. FW6 was way easy to clean though. I had a few spares, so when I accidentally broke off the middle section of chamber, I left it that way. Just stuck a 1//2" screen in there. That improved the vape IMO. I dug the FW6 for sure. FW5 just like better. Sold both when I got a tiny might though. The FW5, again, is the only one I miss for out and about.

Brewervapesalot,
Reactions: bornfree13

Sativapo

I fetch for the fw6 more than the 5 since I put a shallow basket screen in it. Needs less heat with less material. Can't do this kind of fiddlings with the 5 it would damage the orings. No stirring and completely even abv ( unlike the 5) almost black to finish at 440 after one hit at 370 and one at 410. Yes I'm a high heat vaper ( this clogs vapes and iso is kind of out of stock over here). The way you slide the weed from the storage is perfect for continuous micro dosing hit after hit.
But while I prefer the way I load and finish my bowl in the 6 the first few hits of the 5 are a bit tastier. Oh and you're not forced to use the 5 bowls every time you can use one or 2...

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

I haven't used the FW6 much. The FW5 has grown on me over time but it did take a year (probably) before I began to appreciate it. In my case, it was because there were too many occasions where refilling was getting difficult due to constant family presence and that tray just became more useful.

In terms of flavor, I think I would say:
1. FW3
2. FW4 (to be fair -- if you watch LetterKenny, you know what to do here :lol: -- The FW3 and FW4 are pretty close)
3. FW5
4. FW6

It's interesting to me that the capsule based vapes provide better flavor (subjectively). The FW5 and FW6 do not come close to the FW3/4, in my opinion, in terms of flavor. The FW6 is certainly weakest.

So far, even with an attempt to kick the FW6 settings to higher levels, it just seems weak. I very definitely haven't put a lot of effort into learning the FW6 but find myself wondering if mine is one that should be sent back.

Joeguito

I like the fw5 I never get hot draws always cool tasty vapor plus it has small bows for micro dosing but yes screen gets clogged fast but easy to clean, since 2 months I have been using it only with kief and the taste is awesome but year ago I dropped the ceramic tray and broke in have so I had to glue it and thank god it worked because that tray is $35 plus shipping. The only critics that I have that you have to have battery charge to work property and mine the vibration is not vibrating like it use to is vibrating like something is loose inside but is a herb saver if I put herb in it it has to be really fine to taste the rainbow:tup::p has anyone try it with wax?

hippogriff

Pz2W8LT

(https://imgur.com/a/Pz2W8LT)

Hey everybody, been awhile since I've been around! Still have my FW6 but my daily is a FW5, it's the best fit for my use. Especially with - if you didn't catch it in the photo - thicker/longer 4" x 8mm x 1.5mm glass. It's not that much bigger than stock, but the feel is great, the friction fit is tight, and the slight increase in airflow, for me, improves the manual feel. Probably less shock-proof than stock, but I've had it on two FW5s with no problems and great results.

So, in honor of the extra shit we all gotta put up with in this new Limbo Dimension of a timeline, I'm offering a free FW5 THICC Mouthpiece to the first 10 FCers who message me (within the US please, sorry)! Why? Cause I have extra glass. As pictured, I use a 4" mouthpiece. I'd say 3" is the shortest this would work for, and my stock is 12" long. All pieces will be precisely but amateurishly cut, ground, and flame polished, and mailed like a letter while we still have a Post Office. Anybody want in?

Joeguito

Pz2W8LT

(https://imgur.com/a/Pz2W8LT)

Hey everybody, been awhile since I've been around! Still have my FW6 but my daily is a FW5, it's the best fit for my use. Especially with - if you didn't catch it in the photo - thicker/longer 4" x 8mm x 1.5mm glass. It's not that much bigger than stock, but the feel is great, the friction fit is tight, and the slight increase in airflow, for me, improves the manual feel. Probably less shock-proof than stock, but I've had it on two FW5s with no problems and great results.

So, in honor of the extra shit we all gotta put up with in this new Limbo Dimension of a timeline, I'm offering a free FW5 THICC Mouthpiece to the first 10 FCers who message me (within the US please, sorry)! Why? Cause I have extra glass. As pictured, I use a 4" mouthpiece. I'd say 3" is the shortest this would work for, and my stock is 12" long. All pieces will be precisely but amateurishly cut, ground, and flame polished, and mailed like a letter while we still have a Post Office. Anybody want in?
Here! Love it!

Joeguito,

hippogriff

a81k0yj.jpg

Heard that my offer might not be 100% clear - yes, I'm offering 100% free, custom mouthpieces for FW5s, including US shipping. Have extra glass and want to give a little to this awesome forum. My stock is 12" x 8mm x 1.5mm, just message me a length (3"-12") and an address, I'll keep cutting/grinding/polishing/shipping till I'm out.

Edit: Mods, can you help me out w image? I pasted in bbe code, can see image in my edit, but not in forum...

im not a robot

& that is such a cool thing to do. i dont have a firewood unfortunately. was trying to acquire the 5 a while ago, but that proved very complicated here in europe. but it seems a lovely vape, and i like peering into this thread every once in a while. and your offer is so generous. makes me wish i had one even more. though i suppose i would not qualify for free shipping.
thumbs up.
hippo-gold-stroheinstreu-1-beutel-20kg~2.jpg

im not a robot,
Reactions: hippogriff
Top Bottom