Firewood Vaporizer

ohmygodimsohigh

T8KIFB6h.jpg

Took the Firewood 4 out for a little nature walk today.

The grain on yours is gorgeous!!

The front of the cooling unit sticking out so far, not being flush with the body.... does that bug anyone else or is it just me?

It bothers me a little. I was going to ask if mine was an oversight, but I guess this answers it.

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Does anyone know if a glass Underdog stem will fit inside the heating chamber?

The UD stem is 13mm OD vs about 11mm OD for the FW capsule (I have a capsule - but not a FW4 - YET - maybe a week or two more.....) I'm hoping it will fit, either with thinner silicone tubing or maybe silicone o-rings - so I don't need to mess with the capsules while I'm at home.

Thanks all.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I think it is hard to pull out the cooling unit if you can't grip the glass. You can just disconnect it from the mouthpiece and push it out but your fingers can get sticky that way.

Does anyone know if a glass Underdog stem will fit inside the heating chamber?

The UD stem is 13mm OD vs about 11mm OD for the FW capsule (I have a capsule - but not a FW4 - YET - maybe a week or two more.....) I'm hoping it will fit, either with thinner silicone tubing or maybe silicone o-rings - so I don't need to mess with the capsules while I'm at home.

Thanks all.
An UD stem will fit, but you may want some heat shrink for a snug seal. In my older 2.1 video I used an Underdog silicone stem.

Gettinbetter

The front of the cooling unit sticking out so far, not being flush with the body.... does that bug anyone else or is it just me?
It does stick out some but I think I left it out a bit when I took this picture since I had just used it.
You have to have the glass to grip. While the tubing design on the cooling unit is rather clever of Marc, it is a bit of a struggle at times to get it set just right so that it will pull out easily without being too loose. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems with it.
The grain on yours is gorgeous!!

It bothers me a little. I was going to ask if mine was an oversight, but I guess this answers it.
Thanks! Yeah, paytonpenn sums it up pretty good. You would have a heck of a time trying to get it out if you couldn't grab the glass.

I think it is hard to pull out the cooling unit if you can't grip the glass. You can just disconnect it from the mouthpiece and push it out but your fingers can get sticky that way.

marduk

daydreamer
It does stick out some but I think I left it out a bit when I took this picture since I had just used it.
You have to have the glass to grip. While the tubing design on the cooling unit is rather clever of Marc, it is a bit of a struggle at times to get it set just right so that it will pull out easily without being too loose. Otherwise, I haven't had any problems with it.

I think we're talking about two different areas. The area between the cooling unit and the body where the capsule/mouthpiece combo connects to the cu looks fine to me, because it's needed. I meant the other "front" of the cu -- the area with the straw where you actually put your lips. :)

ohmygodimsohigh

I think we're talking about two different areas. The area between the cooling unit and the body where the capsule/mouthpiece combo connects to the cu looks fine to me, because it's needed. I meant the other "front" of the cu -- the area with the straw where you actually put your lips. :)

Yep, i was referring to the wood of the cooling unit being slightly wider/longer than the wood of the body.

Also, I posted up a full firewood 4 review here:
http://420vapezone.com/vaporizer-reviews/firewood-4-review/

This is the first vape I've carried outside without having the intent to use it outside.
I just wanted to have it in my pocket with me.
30+ vapes on my desk, but the firewood 4 is in my pocket.

Gettinbetter

@marduk and @ohmygodimsohigh Ha Ha, I gotcha! I honestly didn't pay any attention to that but you are right. Doesn't bother me at all but I suppose it could be due to the glass mouthpiece length.

On that note, do you guys have trouble seating the mouthpiece/capsule on the unit? Mine seems to be pretty tight. In fact, the 3 piece holder is really tight and I have a very tough time getting them in and out of that thing!

Dude! Great review! The pictures were nice too. The part about your wife had me chuckling.

marduk

daydreamer
@marduk and @ohmygodimsohigh On that note, do you guys have trouble seating the mouthpiece/capsule on the unit? Mine seems to be pretty tight. In fact, the 3 piece holder is really tight and I have a very tough time getting them in and out of that thing!

I don't have one (yet... damn VAS!) but I'd rather it be too tight than loose if I had to choose. My guess is it will break in and get better. If it doesn't, maybe you could try a couple of twists inside with some very fine sandpaper, while holding the unit upside down so nothing drops into the coil area.

ohmygodimsohigh

@marduk and @ohmygodimsohigh Ha Ha, I gotcha! I honestly didn't pay any attention to that but you are right. Doesn't bother me at all but I suppose it could be due to the glass mouthpiece length.

On that note, do you guys have trouble seating the mouthpiece/capsule on the unit? Mine seems to be pretty tight. In fact, the 3 piece holder is really tight and I have a very tough time getting them in and out of that thing!

Dude! Great review! The pictures were nice too. The part about your wife had me chuckling.

Oh, yes. I do have a hard time with the mouthpiece/capsules. I had a hard time with them on the FW3 too, but eventually they became easier to put in.

Tickdickler

I've had the FW4 for a couple days and am thoroughly impressed. I've had a lot of time with the FW3 since I was using two 3's as my daily drivers for the last year. The 4 is a tremendous upgrade.

I got a question for other FW4 users. When you draw you get a little buzz which means the heater is waking up. The instructions say to draw a second until it buzzes, stop a second or two then draw regularly. I've been noticing that when I do the long draw, sometimes I will get another buzz after 8-10 seconds. Does this mean to stop? Maybe I'm not drawing hard enough and the heater turns off and on? Anyone else experience this?

To be clear, I'm not having any issues. I'm just wondering what this second buzz means while I'm doing the regular draw.

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I've been noticing that when I do the long draw, sometimes I will get another buzz after 8-10 seconds. Does this mean to stop? Maybe I'm not drawing hard enough and the heater turns off and on? Anyone else experience this?

To be clear, I'm not having any issues. I'm just wondering what this second buzz means while I'm doing the regular draw.
It doesn't mean to stop it just means watch your airflow as you've started to cool the unit too much or you are inhaling too fast at this moment, allow the heater to get back in range (that is what I think the first buzz also is indicating [actually every inhale buzz]).

It isn't a big deal as I normally get good hits regardless of inhaling too quick for a second. I would say only time I don't get a decent draw is if it is spent or I was inhaling too fast from the get go.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
There's a great sale on at australianvaporizers at the moment.

They have thermovape mouthpieces for very cheap.

I highly recommend the smooth flow, which fits right into the fw3 glass mouthpiece and cools and moisturises the vapour. Half price.

The pure flow are only $5. I haven't tried these but picked a couple up just to try out.

Vapenvy,

Zachwill

Yes Marduk, I've noticed this as well, and it does bother me. Mine does not seem to be alighned properly and sticks out to the side a bit.

Zachwill,
Reactions: marduk

thevapester

I 'm not familiar with such devices and google wasn't much help either. Would you be kind enough to elaborate on how the smooth flow cools the vapor, and particularly, how it adds moisture?

Took a look at it, appears to work by wetting an absorbing ceramic stone that is placed in the path of vapor flow. Seems pretty cool actually, compact and no risk of getting water into your vaporizer. Too bad there's not something like this available here in the states!

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
I 'm not familiar with such devices and google wasn't much help either. Would you be kind enough to elaborate on how the smooth flow cools the vapor, and particularly, how it adds moisture?

TIA!

FF

Took a look at it, appears to work by wetting an absorbing ceramic stone that is placed in the path of vapor flow. Seems pretty cool actually, compact and no risk of getting water into your vaporizer. Too bad there's not something like this available here in the states!

Correct. It's tiny and comes in a little watertight cannister. I keep the cannister full of water so it is already wet. Open it up, put it on the vape and after a few draws you can dunk it back in the cannister to re wet it (if on the go) or invert the vape and dip it in a glass of water if at home.

It moisturises via the ceramic inside holding a little water and cools via the water and by virtually doubling the length of the vapour path.

It's also very tough. I have dropped mine numerous times onto tiles, concrete, grass etc no problems.

I'll try to post a photo later ifi have any

Edit- photos.

I really can't recommend these enough. With a bit of mflb silicon i use it with my vapman, vaponic and vapcap, and a bit of fw3 silicon allows it to fit my milaana stem.

I went to go and buy a second one at full price of $30 australian (it is that good for my purposes....), but with this sale i will have a dedicated one for each device. Awesome.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Correct. It's tiny and comes in a little watertight cannister. I keep the cannister full of water so it is already wet. Open it up, put it on the vape and after a few draws you can dunk it back in the cannister to re wet it (if on the go) or invert the vape and dip it in a glass of water if at home.

It moisturises via the ceramic inside holding a little water and cools via the water and by virtually doubling the length of the vapour path.

It's also very tough. I have dropped mine numerous times onto tiles, concrete, grass etc no problems.

I'll try to post a photo later ifi have any

Edit- photos.

I really can't recommend these enough. With a bit of mflb silicon i use it with my vapman, vaponic and vapcap, and a bit of fw3 silicon allows it to fit my milaana stem.

I went to go and buy a second one at full price of $30 australian (it is that good for my purposes....), but with this sale i will have a dedicated one for each device. Awesome.

Sounds absolutely great and so versatile. Would love to get some.
Wish I could find a seller here in the EU.. Anybody a hint?

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Can anyone from down-under help me out with these nice ceramic mouthpieces? I got in contact with Australian vaporizers, but unfortunately they only ship express to the EU, which is more than $40...
Maybe someone nice could get some for me and could send themvin a padded envelope? Please pm me, if there's a chance. Got PayPal to transfer the bucks.:)

Have a great day everyone
:peace:

EDIT: where's the difference between the SMOOTH-flow and the PURE-flow mouthpiece? The one is $15, the other only $5 - but they sound very similar.

EDIT EDIT to answer my own question:
Pure-Flow for the Revolution. As OF stated, smaller air column so less water (trapped in the ceramic) is needed to cool the vapor, as well as adding moisture to the vapor stream. The filter serves to restrict flow. The Revolution loves this little bit of constriction as it allows the conduction aspects of the unit to really shine.

Smooth-Flow for the ThermoVape T1. The T1 moves allot of hot air (like a politician) and the Smooth-Flow has greater storage capacity. No flow restriction here, just moisture conditioning and vapor cooling.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

ThermoVape
That was back in 2012. ;)
@Vapenvy Would be nice to hear your comparison between the two! :)

Last edited:
vapen00b,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

btka

Can anyone from down-under help me out with these nice ceramic mouthpieces? I got in contact with Australian vaporizers, but unfortunately they only ship express to the EU, which is more than $40...
Maybe someone nice could get some for me and could send themvin a padded envelope? Please pm me, if there's a chance. Got PayPal to transfer the bucks.:)

Have a great day everyone
:peace:

EDIT: where's the difference between the SMOOTH-flow and the PURE-flow mouthpiece? The one is $15, the other only $5 - but they sound very similar.

EDIT EDIT to answer my own question: That was back in 2012. ;)
@Vapenvy Would be nice to hear your comparison between the two! :)

you could also use https://www.shipito.com/de/?countrycode=US or
https://www.viabox.com/?gclid=CMy7ruTtjNACFbMK0wodsHEIsg or something similar.... by the way we from europe could check out were somebody lives where the taxes are the lowest (after it crossed EU boarder there are no additional tax between EU countries... (I am from austria tax is 20% when item is over 25 euros and you also have to include shipping costs and pay for them also 20%)... also shipping would be cheaper when we use one package (so not everybody have to pay seperate for his package ... maybe we should open a thread ... were we can coordinate in fc... so if someone is going to buy a for example fw he could ask in this thread if someone else from EU is interested too... then we can check where the taxes are the cheapest... and send the package to this person which sends them to all the others in the EU who ordered also a fw... sometimes taxes are really a problem and add up to the price of a vaporizer ....

Top Bottom