Firewood Vaporizer

nicknobody

Other than a handful of p28a, external charger and spare stems, what spare parts should I order?

I’m sure it depends on which version I get but can anyone recommend some spares to keep me huffing?

I might be leaning capsule version for convenience out and about. Plus the little capsule caddy is so cute

I’ll have to check out the one SS got from Doug’s Woodery

Edit: fml
Of course I wait till Saturday to order and everything’s sold out. Better luck next week.
Hopefully my mind stays made up on where my 420 funds are going this year…

Last edited:

BreadStick

Other than a handful of p28a, external charger and spare stems, what spare parts should I order?

I’m sure it depends on which version I get but can anyone recommend some spares to keep me huffing?

I might be leaning capsule version for convenience out and about. Plus the little capsule caddy is so cute

I’ll have to check out the one SS got from Doug’s Woodery
Maybe some extra 3/8th" screens for the capsules, o-rings, capsules and the mouthpiece spring. It's probably no harm to have extras of all the parts if you don't mind spending extra but I think the parts listed are most likely to be lost/damaged with use.

I've both the bowl and capsule options. I mostly use the fw9 as my out & about vape so I prefer capsule mode. It's pretty marginal but the bowl mode is a little easier to load and unload for at home use.

I got the firewood caddy and I wasn't a fan, the fit of the parts is really tight. The door doesn't slide easy and the capsules are pretty snug against the walls. I use the S&B small capsule caddy for 4 capsules or the Vestratto regular case lid for a single capsule. The S&B caddy is easier to open and get the capsules out of than the firewood one but still a little awkward because you have to take them all out to put the spent ones at the back.

nicknobody

Maybe some extra 3/8th" screens for the capsules, o-rings, capsules and the mouthpiece spring. It's probably no harm to have extras of all the parts if you don't mind spending extra but I think the parts listed are most likely to be lost/damaged with use.

I've both the bowl and capsule options. I mostly use the fw9 as my out & about vape so I prefer capsule mode. It's pretty marginal but the bowl mode is a little easier to load and unload for at home use.

I got the firewood caddy and I wasn't a fan, the fit of the parts is really tight. The door doesn't slide easy and the capsules are pretty snug against the walls. I use the S&B small capsule caddy for 4 capsules or the Vestratto regular case lid for a single capsule. The S&B caddy is easier to open and get the capsules out of than the firewood one but still a little awkward because you have to take them all out to put the spent ones at the back.
Thank you breadstick. Real life user experience is a great starting point for me. I absolutely want to stock up an all the spares I may need, loose or break with normal use to have on deck when needed

Does the bowl version hold more greens vs the capsule? I’ve only tried capsules in the mighty and was not a fan of the aluminum and tuff to open close lids etc. the open bowl style capsule seems like it’s less fuss than those but not too much extra work.

Thanks

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Does the bowl version hold more greens vs the capsule? I’ve only tried capsules in the mighty and was not a fan of the aluminum and tuff to open close lids etc. the open bowl style capsule seems like it’s less fuss than those but not too much extra work.

No, they are not really capsules, they are just removable ceramic chambers, the bowl version has the same exact removable ceramic chamber inside, but it is fixed and secured so you could turn it upside down to empty (regular capsule version they would fall out along with the herb lol) they are nothing like s&b capsules, which I agree are absolutely terrible, it is just the chambers so it's an open top same ceramic that will drop into the oven like it was FW7 fixed, with steel mesh screen at the bottom... Up to you how you think you will use it, but it is nice that it is convertible either way... I wouldn't say you have to overdo it on the accessories upfront, because you don't know what you will like about it yet, but if you are prone to breaking things or losing things then you know yourself better than anyone? There are a lot of options for alternative stems so all your choice... Try emailing if you missed out, you could wait for the next week, but you should be able to reserve the discount sale price with him directly if they are currently sold out in the store (by waitlist or an invoice etc)

nicknobody

No, they are not really capsules, they are just removable ceramic chambers, the bowl version has the same exact removable ceramic chamber inside, but it is fixed and secured so you could turn it upside down to empty (regular capsule version they would fall out along with the herb lol) they are nothing like s&b capsules, which I agree are absolutely terrible, it is just the chambers so it's an open top same ceramic that will drop into the oven like it was FW7 fixed, with steel mesh screen at the bottom... Up to you how you think you will use it, but it is nice that it is convertible either way... I wouldn't say you have to overdo it on the accessories upfront, because you don't know what you will like about it yet, but if you are prone to breaking things or losing things then you know yourself better than anyone? There are a lot of options for alternative stems so all your choice... Try emailing if you missed out, you could wait for the next week, but you should be able to reserve the discount sale price with him directly if they are currently sold out in the store (by waitlist or an invoice etc)
Ahhh so same bowl in each. Thats making sense now.

Spring is a good call. I wasn’t thinking accessories to stock up on (GVB stem for sure one day) but more maintenance spares like screens or orings or fragile stuff.

Knowing that the bowls are the same if I do end up with a bowl version, I’ll order a spare capsule just in case it breaks or I’m too lazy to clean and want to drop in a freshie

Sale is now thru 420 so I’m not worried (yet) about being able to get one

I plan to use this as my only battery powered portable device when I don’t want to torch and (hopefully) don’t need to pair it with a rig or hook

Everything I have rn is wall powered or torch powered. I need a no brainer (once technique is developed) simple device and my preference is a hybrid experience

Shit Snacks

Spring is a good call. I wasn’t thinking accessories to stock up on (GVB stem for sure one day) but more maintenance spares like screens or orings or fragile stuff.

Yeah that is all up to you based on what you think will wear out or what you already have etc, they are nice screens but probably not hard to get elsewhere, I don't see a need for any o-rings or anything really, a spare capsule is a good idea as you say to cut down on the cleaning, I'm not sure you would want to swap the screen before cleaning the capsule chamber anyway so that's why I'm not sure spares are so necessary? Just the stock setup could ultimately be fine for you and fill the need as you describe it well :tup:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

I might be leaning capsule version for convenience out and about.
Not exactly "spare" parts, but if you end up going the capsule route, you might want to get yourself one of these:

Yes, it says it's for the FW8, but the 8 and 9 use the same capsules.

Makes it much easier to fill capsules without overspill or tipping the capsule over.

I've raved about it numerous times here. you Can search for those more extensive testimonials. But the TL;DNR is I wouldn't be able to deal with capsules without it.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I got my FW9 yesterday and love the looks of it. It is much smaller than I thought, especially the size of the capsule. That is going to be perfect for my style of vaping.

I had a question for those that have the bowl style. I noticed that the capsule and ceramic washer sit a bit high inside the chamber. So much that the washer covers most of the grooves that the funnel screws into. The funnel barely catches the edge of the groove and won't turn any further. This causes the funnel to keep popping out when you pull on the top of the plug.

Is there any way to get the capsule to sit lower in the chamber, so I can screw the funnel in to be flush with the unit?
It may need to go back for an adjustment.

Puddentain

I got my FW9 yesterday and love the looks of it. It is much smaller than I thought, especially the size of the capsule. That is going to be perfect for my style of vaping.

I had a question for those that have the bowl style. I noticed that the capsule and ceramic washer sit a bit high inside the chamber. So much that the washer covers most of the grooves that the funnel screws into. The funnel barely catches the edge of the groove and won't turn any further. This causes the funnel to keep popping out when you pull on the top of the plug.

Is there any way to get the capsule to sit lower in the chamber, so I can screw the funnel in to be flush with the unit?
It may need to go back for an adjustment.
Are you sure that the ceramic washer is fully seated? On my bowl version, I need to rotate the washer a bit, helping it “screw” down into position, which leaves room for the bowl funnel to be tightened in, first with my fingers and then a nickel. The oven capsule itself just sits in there. Does that make sense?

BabyFacedFinster

Are you sure that the ceramic washer is fully seated? On my bowl version, I need to rotate the washer a bit, helping it “screw” down into position, which leaves room for the bowl funnel to be tightened in, first with my fingers and then a nickel. The oven capsule itself just sits in there. Does that make sense?

You got me excited @Puddentain , and I ran upstairs to check. But no, for some reason mine looks different. The washer sits right on top of the capsule. Turning it just spins it on top of the capsule. I also noticed that the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm above the top of the ceramic mouthpiece joint when inserted. When you place the washer on top, the sides cover the majority of the wooden grooves.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: nicknobody
You got me excited @Puddentain , and I ran upstairs to check. But no, for some reason mine looks different. The washer sits right on top of the capsule. Turning it just spins it on top of the capsule. I also noticed that the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm above the top of the ceramic mouthpiece joint when inserted. When you place the washer on top, the sides cover the majority of the wooden grooves.
It really sounds like your oven/capsule is not seated correctly. What do you mean by 'the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm above the top of the ceramic joint'? You're not inserting the capsule upside down, are you? The bottom of the capsule sits on the ceramic joint...

BabyFacedFinster

It really sounds like your oven/capsule is not seated correctly. What do you mean by 'the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm above the top of the ceramic joint'? You're not inserting the capsule upside down, are you? The bottom of the capsule sits on the ceramic joint...
Sorry, I mean the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm higher than the top coil of the heater. It just looks like whatever is going on, the capsule sits too high in the chamber. Then with the ceramic washer on top, there's no room to twist the funnel into place. The top of the funnel is not flush with the unit, it sticks out a bit because it can't be screwed in far enough.

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: Puddentain

Puddentain

Sorry, I mean the top lip of the capsule sits 1-2mm higher than the top coil of the heater. It just looks like whatever is going on, the capsule sits too high in the chamber. Then with the ceramic washer on top, there's no room to twist the funnel into place. The top of the funnel is not flush with the unit, it sticks out a bit because it can't be screwed in far enough.

So sorry to hear this. The spacer sits flush with the bottom thread on my bowl. Maybe snap a pic of yours and contact Marc.

BabyFacedFinster

So sorry to hear this. The spacer sits flush with the bottom thread on my bowl. Maybe snap a pic of yours and contact Marc.

Yeah, I sent it back for adjustments because I couldn't get the funnel screwed in properly. No worries. I look forward to the FW9 as I love the design.

So I'm reading the RWW tamp and scoops work well with the FW7, but not the 8 or 9 capsules?

Shit Snacks

So I'm reading the RWW tamp and scoops work well with the FW7, but not the 8 or 9 capsules?

Correct, they do work, although the size is a little off for the tamp, I think you might have better luck with his OGB size-wise instead? Although I have not tested mine with them...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dimmusp

nicknobody

Website said re stock Friday 8pm edt. I checked at 8:06. Late of course with neither model in stock. Did i miss it or did they not get listed? Next Friday? Anyone? lol…

I’m bummed and easily turned off. I still have hope for a firewood this 420 but it’s dwindling…

nicknobody,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

Shit Snacks

Website said re stock Friday 8pm edt. I checked at 8:06. Late of course with neither model in stock. Did i miss it or did they not get listed? Next Friday? Anyone? lol…

I’m bummed and easily turned off. I still have hope for a firewood this 420 but it’s dwindling…

I would email him, I thought usually they go up Sunday? You can keep an eye on it or sign up for an email notification perhaps?? Or he can help you get the discount order in without having to scramble??? Definitely worth trying to snag one during the sale, but not worth driving yourself crazy over with anxiety constantly checking in the dark

BabyFacedFinster

Out of curiosity I went to the site at 7:55pm est yesterday, just to see if it replenished at 8pm like the site states. In fact, he restocked at 8:03pm with both types of FW9 and the out of stock parts/accessories. When I went back this morning, he was already out of 9's. I didn't realize he sold out in a few minutes. So I guess if you want one during the sale time you'll need to camp out on the site right at 8pm on Friday. They were there.

Shit Snacks

didn't realize he sold out in a few minutes. So I guess if you want one during the sale time you'll need to camp out on the site right at 8pm. They were there.

Ah okay yeah so there are people who can camp out and snag them instantly to sell out, enough people, I do think if you email him and are not able to score this way during the sale, he will take care of you though!

nicknobody

I would email him, I thought usually they go up Sunday? You can keep an eye on it or sign up for an email notification perhaps?? Or he can help you get the discount order in without having to scramble??? Definitely worth trying to snag one during the sale, but not worth driving yourself crazy over with anxiety constantly checking in the dark
I did try to call. You’re right I should just shoot the email. I didn’t feel like I’ve been in the dark. The confusion for me was whether or not they actually dropped

Out of curiosity I went to the site at 7:55pm est yesterday, just to see if it replenished at 8pm like the site states. In fact, he restocked at 8:03pm with both types of FW9 and the out of stock parts/accessories. When I went back this morning, he was already out of 9's. I didn't realize he sold out in a few minutes. So I guess if you want one during the sale time you'll need to camp out on the site right at 8pm on Friday. They were there.
Edit oops. Log vape is working. I reread this and it made sense

I did see all the parts/accessories re stocked

Double edit- sent email 🤞 and my 3 p28a’s and charger come today 👍

Last edited:

brucepatty

Did anyone manage to get one just now ? Been refreshing the site but didn’t know if it was me messing up or if I’m too late :|

Top Bottom