Firewood Vaporizer

BreadStick

Sorry for double posting here but it's too late for me to edit my last post.

I've been using the Fw9 as my outdoor vape a lot lately. When I go out, I typically like to have 2 bowls with the device in capsule mode. I only recently found out that the Anvil's regular size case cap is the perfect size for 1 capsule if you pop it in as I show in the photo below.
anvil-fw9-cap.png
anvil-cap.png

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That looks awesome! Being able to rotate one and a spare sounds really convenient actually... I really like how well 4 capsules fit in the small roadie stash I have from Doug's woodery, However I have not tried prefilling multiple yet... Also realized I only have 3 spare to fit in there, while one is in the FW9, so I could have gotten another chamber capsule (I think I only got 4 in total because I was thinking about how there are only 4 that can be filled at once using the Delta 3D tool which I also have not used yet though lol)

Puddentain

Glad you found it useful :) let me know if there's anything else you wanna know about the fw9 and I can try answer! There definitely does need to be more documentation of these devices.
Very thorough and informative. I am careful with the threads as well and will try to mimic the way that you position your fingers for max leverage. I’ve been using a nickel to start or finish threading the bowl funnel and while I’ve been careful, it does make me a little nervous.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
It's cool that a device with such a thick ceramic bowl can be used on-demand. Does the ceramic bowl really cool down quick enough to cut off the roasting between button presses? There must be some lag time, but it must be so much better for herb flavor than a continuous session mode.

Shit Snacks

It's cool that a device with such a thick ceramic bowl can be used on-demand. Does the ceramic bowl really cool down quick enough to cut off the roasting between button presses? There must be some lag time, but it must be so much better for herb flavor than a continuous session mode.

Yes that's what is so awesome and unique! Except it does not cool down fast, that is why I let go of the button and keep inhaling for a while even after the cooldown vibration to fully clear vapor and remove as much heat as possible for each hit (also why we need the tweezers to remove hot caps sooner)

bobothevaper

That looks awesome! Being able to rotate one and a spare sounds really convenient actually... I really like how well 4 capsules fit in the small roadie stash I have from Doug's woodery, However I have not tried prefilling multiple yet... Also realized I only have 3 spare to fit in there, while one is in the FW9, so I could have gotten another chamber capsule (I think I only got 4 in total because I was thinking about how there are only 4 that can be filled at once using the Delta 3D tool which I also have not used yet though lol)
I just use the wood container the extra three capsules came with.

I also have a mixette with me I dump hot capsules into. No need for tweezers if you dump it while it’s hot.

bobothevaper,

Shit Snacks

I just use the wood container the extra three capsules came with.

I got the chamber capsules on their own without the container (to be clear)

I also have a mixette with me I dump hot capsules into. No need for tweezers if you dump it while it’s hot.

Not sure what a mixette is, but I prefer not to dump it regardless, more careful with the crumbs, better when loading for me too

Shit Snacks,

bobothevaper

I got the chamber capsules on their own without the container (to be clear)

Not sure what a mixette is, but I prefer not to dump it regardless, more careful with the crumbs, better when loading for me too
That’s cool.

Mixette is a little leather cup. I dump the capsule on to it. I have a tweezer on hand but it’s just quicker for me this way.

yogie

Speaking of a "mixetts", and I'd love to see a picture of that....
What are people using to dump hot capsules into when on the go?

Currently, I let it cool in the fw9. But it can get a little stinky in my pocket.

yogie,

bobothevaper

Speaking of a "mixetts", and I'd love to see a picture of that....
What are people using to dump hot capsules into when on the go?

Currently, I let it cool in the fw9. But it can get a little stinky in my pocket.
It’s just a leather cup. It doesn’t burn, it’s flexible and small and serves as a tray, dump, funnel etc. For me it serves as a place to dump a hot capsule. I also use it when I fill capsules as the excess weed can be scooped back into my container afterwards.

If you are struggling to decide between buying a Firewood 9 with Bowl Option or buying a Firewood 9 with Capsule Option, you might find these two videos helpful:

I tried my best to showcase how the two setups function. Both setups are fantastic IMO, and I use it both ways.

Not intended to be a review. YMMV.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey some questions on fw9! Been a minute since ive been on here and saw a sell going on for it!.
Capsule/Bowl Option?
What stems do you all reccomend?
How is it for microdosing
Anddd how is the vapor production?
Both bowl or capsule systems are efficient, it depends your preferences.
I have the 2 which I use according to my needs. The bowl system seemed ideal to me because it's easy to empty and clean, but in practice, the bowl is deep and handling is not always easy, especially outdoors.
The capsule system is great, especially if you have several in rotation, but hot capsules are a challenge to handle too (and once cooled, they stick to the device)
The og stem works great but you can find others in the community that are probably very effective at cooling vapor: @GoodVibesBoro or @Highartisan
Greetings to the hybrid heating system, the vapor production is amazing, tasty and dense. One of the strengths of Fw!
I can't tell about the micor-dosing.

envyxoa

Thanks sm! I was planning on using the bowl option but just wondered what the difference was. Much apperciated any opinions on the unregulated mode with it as well?

envyxoa,

envyxoa

To be honest, as I have specific devices for the unregulated experience, I don't use it much on the Fw, but it works, it heats up strongly.
I see... I have a toad on my wishlist but in the meantime. Fw9 seems like its okay for that not that I will be using it that way all the time anyway

Shit Snacks

Hey some questions on fw9! Been a minute since ive been on here and saw a sell going on for it!.
Capsule/Bowl Option?

I went for the capsules because I do have the FW7, hoping to use it out and about situations someday, for now even using one chamber removing and reinserting has not been a big deal with tweezers... I have the Delta 3D loading tool and Doug's woodery roadie stash, but have not used either yet

Yeah I really like mine from Good Vibes, I got one that doesn't retract and is a little longer...

You could load it with a tiny amount and packet tight, depending what you wanted, with a high temp, you could still probably get really good vapor from it... The effects are really strong the way it works, I like more of a full bowl riding low temps... And the vapor is thoroughly appropriate based on the use :tup:

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Capsule/Bowl Option?

I originally got the capsule version because that's all there was. I picked up the bowl kit when it became available.

I use the OG stem. For additional cooling, I insert 18" of surgical tubing into the end of the stem and have a glass whip mouthpiece at the other end.

Although I think the bowl kit is great and can see advantages to using it, I use capsules exclusively at this point. All of my consumption these days is micro/mini-dosing and I find the capsules are fantastic for that. As @Shit Snacks said, it works great for small doses. You just have to be sure to pack tightly.

At this point, the FW9 is the only vape I use and since I got it, I have had absolutely NO VAS of any kind. It meets all my needs perfectly.

Top Bottom