Firewood Vaporizer

games-loaves0t

I’m looking forward to the new FW8. Given the FW7, I’m expecting the FW8 will slap hard!

Though, one thing that concerns me is the oven's lid, which appears to have sharp edges and makes me think that it could get caught on things or poke your leg (when it’s in your pocket). Currently, I use my FW7 as my “dog walking“ vape as I stroll through my local neighborhood, and it will be in and out of my pocket.

Once people start receiving the FW8, could you tell us if the oven lid causes any issues?

noobvaperct

People are complaining about the battery pack vs. a replaceable 18650 when the Might and Crafty are insanely popular and mainstream - the route Marc seems to want to go. It's a good move and a step to mimic S&B almost, especially with the capsules too. One stem to clean makes cleaning even easier along with the capsules.

Falconflys

People are complaining about the battery pack vs. a replaceable 18650 when the Might and Crafty are insanely popular and mainstream - the route Marc seems to want to go. It's a good move and a step to mimic S&B almost, especially with the capsules too. One stem to clean makes cleaning even easier along with the capsules.
How is this mimicking s&b? Neither the mighty or crafty have a battery pack.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think a lot of people dislike that the crafty and mighty have proprietary batteries (though I think there’s a tutorial to replace the crafty battery somewhere).

I am of the opinion that 18650s should be treated with respect, but I’d much rather buy one than a proprietary battery that may or may not be serviceable someday. Like say the one guy who makes the fw gets out of the business, I need to hope I can disassemble and reassemble the battery pack as cleanly as it came from the maker. Or I can pop in a new $3-5 battery if it’s just an 18650 slot.

It’s cool to see him trying things, though I’m not quite sure he has his eye on being the next s&b. But, like, sometimes things come from slowly iterating on what really works, and sometimes you try throwing some ideas at the wall to see what sticks. Marc seems to have listened to a lot of things I’ve seen people on Reddit and who like more mainstream vapes ask for (capsules and usb-c charging). They just happen to be things I don’t prioritize so highly 😅. The battery just raises the question of, like, if this is the mythical vape to end all vapes for me and I want it to be my dd a decade from now, will I be able to handle that if Marc and the firewood brand aren’t around? And if it’s easy to replace with some effort it’s just a bummer to do all that instead of popping in that $5 battery 🤷‍♂️.

Also if the concern is liability doesn’t every mod manufacturer kind of deal with this? I don’t know the law, but I thought the problem was just supplying and shipping them, not making a device that uses them. Otherwise how did e.g. Dell get away with it for years?

condition

You can buy everything except for one, albeit crucial, part easily.

Edite to add: I forgot that you can only use a check to pay for the WPA. So that also does not count as easily purchased.
I forgot to add that I live in Greece. Apart from the fact that I won't pass the age verification check, I never had in my life bank check in my name and I do not know someone who owns and uses bank check at the moment. I am not even using cards, I just carry my android smartphone and pay via NFC. Till the end of the year, official ID and driver's license will be also "carried" on smartphone.

On the other hand, I understand manufacturer's approach as a hard old school, single developer of a complex, hybrid vaporizer, probably not wishing to go mainstream.

checkyourlibido

I think a lot of people dislike that the crafty and mighty have proprietary batteries (though I think there’s a tutorial to replace the crafty battery somewhere).

I am of the opinion that 18650s should be treated with respect, but I’d much rather buy one than a proprietary battery that may or may not be serviceable someday. Like say the one guy who makes the fw gets out of the business, I need to hope I can disassemble and reassemble the battery pack as cleanly as it came from the maker. Or I can pop in a new $3-5 battery if it’s just an 18650 slot.

It’s cool to see him trying things, though I’m not quite sure he has his eye on being the next s&b. But, like, sometimes things come from slowly iterating on what really works, and sometimes you try throwing some ideas at the wall to see what sticks. Marc seems to have listened to a lot of things I’ve seen people on Reddit and who like more mainstream vapes ask for (capsules and usb-c charging). They just happen to be things I don’t prioritize so highly 😅. The battery just raises the question of, like, if this is the mythical vape to end all vapes for me and I want it to be my dd a decade from now, will I be able to handle that if Marc and the firewood brand aren’t around? And if it’s easy to replace with some effort it’s just a bummer to do all that instead of popping in that $5 battery 🤷‍♂️.

Also if the concern is liability doesn’t every mod manufacturer kind of deal with this? I don’t know the law, but I thought the problem was just supplying and shipping them, not making a device that uses them. Otherwise how did e.g. Dell get away with it for years?
Battery leaking, swelling, deformities, and any other issues are things I look for when visually inspecting batteries. I do this every time I charge a battery. I pay more attention to vape batteries, because they are often so close to the vapor path. I don't know about liability, but I know I like to inspect my equipment for safety reasons.

Hopefully the FW8 comes apart in such a way that I can inspect the battery regularly.
To mimic S&B would be to lose my business completely. One of the reasons I sold my Mighty is because I didn't want to deal with the inevitable battery issues.

Anyhow, not comparing vapes, just going to focus on the S&B hidden battery, which seems antiquated next to newer designs like the TinyMight with the 18650 that you can just pop in and out. Or the TP80 where the battery seems completely separate from the airpath, but you can still just pop in and out 18650's.

I can't wait to see your reviews, as it might be easy to replace the battery. Worst case scenario, the FW7 can still be had in the secondhand market!

checkyourlibido,
Reactions: ezpz

condition

Regarding S&B's portables non-removable battery, I have read at Mighty thread that this is due to the Mighty being the (first) medically approved portable medic cannabis vaporizer. I couldn't verify this info, but I have been told that you cannot have a medically approved portable vaporizer with a user removable battery

condition,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Regarding S&B's portables non-removable battery, I have read at Mighty thread that this is due to the Mighty being the (first) medically approved portable medic cannabis vaporizer. I couldn't verify this info, but I have been told that you cannot have a medically approved portable vaporizer with a user removable battery
This is a thing that Mighty fans like to say but is meaningless. There are many medical devices with replaceable batteries. Even if this were true, it would be highly dependent on locale and medical setting.

Also the mighty+ is not medically certified. The Mighty Medic is certified in the EU. As far as I have seen both the FDA and the EMDD require safety testing for batteries, especially lithium ion, but make no claims about user replacement.

someTooL

So, if you are able to add the FW8 and successfully check out with confirmation and instructions to send payment within 30 days…does this mean it’s now available for all?

Asking for a friend.

someTooL,

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
So, if you are able to add the FW8 and successfully check out with confirmation and instructions to send payment within 30 days…does this mean it’s now available for all?

Asking for a friend.
I'm afraid you'll have to tell your friend that's not what's happening. The FW8 is not available on the website. The ordering process is that if your name comes up on Marc's list (those who requested in advance that they be notified of the release), he will send an invoice. You fill out that invoice and then mail the check.

moondog,

someTooL

Ok. But it is available…for checkout and email confirmation.

Maybe there is another “list” :shrug:

someTooL,

floribud

Can someone share the email that Marc sent out? You guys keep talking about the battery pack, stems, capsules etc, and those of us whom Marc never emailed really don't know what you're talking about. Except for this pics someone posted a while back....

floribud,
Top Bottom