Firewood Vaporizer

Tyeron

I think you're misunderstanding, you don't want a protected cell here, flat top only...

It's been discussed so many times here, if you just skim through back a few pages, we specifically discussed which batteries are best for the FW7! (performance and fit)

:D (like SonyMurata VTC6 or 5/A ideally)
I was looking at those but they don’t seem to discharge at 20 amp is 15 okay?

Tyeron,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was looking at those but they don’t seem to discharge at 20 amp is 15 okay?

The Murata are actually rated 15 to 30 A

Also LG HG2 say they are 20A but they are actually 18A which is also fine, while the Samsung 30Q say 15A but they are actually 18A as well (Samsung have thicker wrap though so I don't like to try them in my FW7, similarly I would actually use the Molicell P26A because I like them in my other vapes, but they have very thick wrapping so I don't risk trying them in my FW...)

djchexxx

@Vaporware This really is a device that gives options. Some of my different setups;

Native.
OG gives out hot air like a plasma cutter if you try to do long hard draws, only way is short hits, conduction all the way, not bad but more like a pax than a TM.
Didn't like the mouth feel of the wood on the second iteration so never used that one.
Cooling tube is great for out and about, I like to interrupt the draws every few seconds by opening my lips but continuing to inhale, just for a flash, so lungs gets a cool hit and bowl get brief pause to boost heat and stem doesn't build up too much heat. Careful because it gets denser with each puff pause.
https://ibb.co/0VR7Krv

WPA
My favourite is the 45 degree adaptor with a dry glass hammer pipe (i never use water). Best angle to hold without having to cock my elbow. Ample cooling for the biggest hits, so start after the buzz and rip her hard.
Alternate WPA with a DV stem. Easy option if you don't have the wooden one, sometimes vertical is more comfortable. I can hold pipe and vape in one hand with thumb on the button.
Classic j hook can't go wrong, spin in any direction.
https://ibb.co/nrY5Q6R

Rough and ready.
For rugged portability the silicone whip means no glass. Also good cooling from just 6 or 8 inches of whip. When I am in a car the vape can sit in lap with whip to mouth. Before I mastered the pause during draw with cooling tube it was too hot for me so the whip was my go to for a traveller.
TM long dimpled stem. Basket screen fits neatly over the end of the FW cooling tube, need to balance stem on top. Nice mouth feel and really smooth hits going through 2 cooling stems. Bit fiddly.
Mini bubbler. Tight draw means long draws are hard, but it does work ok. Gotta run on level 1 or it gets too hot in the bowl, scared I would combust. Bugger to clean so not a regular.
https://ibb.co/ftJkxJL

So many options, so little tolerance. Sorry for long post.
Where can i get that vertical WPA?

djchexxx,

Vaporware

@Shit Snacks My P26As were really tight at first (even the VTC6 was pretty tight), but it’s loosened up to the point where I can easily use any of them. If your other batteries aren’t very tight, I’d consider giving it a shot.

If you’re still worried you can put a ribbon in under it and that should let you get it out safely if it is overly tight. The ribbon does make it even tighter though, so it’s not a perfect test, but if you can get it in and out without having to resort to pulling the ribbon you should be fine. :)

ezpz

@Shit Snacks My P26As were really tight at first (even the VTC6 was pretty tight), but it’s loosened up to the point where I can easily use any of them. If your other batteries aren’t very tight, I’d consider giving it a shot.
Mine too. My P26A's was too tight at first, so I only used my LG HG2's. But it can be inserted and removed no problem now.

I don't notice any differences between the 2 batteries. They both heat up fast, and they both give me about a bowl per battery buzz, with the last buzz lacking in performance.
@Tyeron,
I bought my batteries from illumn.com. I would go with LG HG2, just for the easier fit from the beginning. Looks nicer too.

Shit Snacks

Yeah I like the performance I get out of the VTC6 (all mine seem thin) I use, and some LG HG2 as backup. The P26A are best in my TM anyway (and TP80) but I will buy more of them at some point and probably test more in my FW7... I have the positive end of a LG HE4 torn from removal, so yeah a ribbon would not help my situation bc it's not that I can't get it out or I'm afraid of not getting it out, it is that I need to be careful so not to risk tearing the wrapping of the battery positive end... That is the reason I advise caution using batteries with thicker wrapping, but yeah if pressing down on the spring a little and being careful it can be done so I will try eventually!

west-elec

The Murata are actually rated 15 to 30 A

Also LG HG2 say they are 20A but they are actually 18A which is also fine, while the Samsung 30Q say 15A but they are actually 18A as well (Samsung have thicker wrap though so I don't like to try them in my FW7, similarly I would actually use the Molicell P26A because I like them in my other vapes, but they have very thick wrapping so I don't risk trying them in my FW...)

The TM must draw all of those 20 amps, the FW7 must be less than 18.
One time I used a fully charged LGHG2 in the TM and she shut down mid draw. Thought I had a fault. I swapped back the VTC6 and all was ok. Always get awesome results with the LG in the FW.

Shit Snacks

The TM must draw all of those 20 amps, the FW7 must be less than 18.
One time I used a fully charged LGHG2 in the TM and she shut down mid draw. Thought I had a fault. I swapped back the VTC6 and all was ok. Always get awesome results with the LG in the FW.

Ya that's why molicell there, even more amps for TM/TP. This VTC6 is doing better in my FW7 than it did in my TM though, go figure!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: west-elec

Vaporware

Yeah I like the performance I get out of the VTC6 (all mine seem thin) I use, and some LG HG2 as backup. The P26A are best in my TM anyway (and TP80) but I will buy more of them at some point and probably test more in my FW7... I have the positive end of a LG HE4 torn from removal, so yeah a ribbon would not help my situation bc it's not that I can't get it out or I'm afraid of not getting it out, it is that I need to be careful so not to risk tearing the wrapping of the battery positive end... That is the reason I advise caution using batteries with thicker wrapping, but yeah if pressing down on the spring a little and being careful it can be done so I will try eventually!

Yeah, it tore my VTC6 wrapping and marked a P26A when it was new. Now that the spring’s loosened up I haven’t noticed any more damage, but that was a big part of my problem at first too. A ribbon actually did help there because it felt really stuck, but if I’d realized at the time that it was mostly the spring I would have applied more horizontal force.

Good luck whenever you try it. :)

Edit: Fixed typo.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks, I'm pleased to report that I got on the pre-order with an estimated ship date sometime in May. Opted for the WPA too so now I just need a 14mm male to male and maybe a 14mm version of one of those OGB j-hooks since it's a lot of unconnected glass parts with an adapter

Nice, my man! Yeah OGB now sells versions of our designs as 14 mm in his store standard (@BrianTL was supposed to tell me the diameter of the stems however, because mine were 12 mm but yours were 15 mm tubes...) However most of my stuff is still 18 mm, so I am typically using reducer adapter or rather I use a 14 male to 18 male to run my FW7 through my 18 female glass...

By the way page 210 is where this thread begins to focus on the FW7:
So you can skim through the past 50 pages while you wait, to prepare!

Yeah, it tore my VTC6 wrapping and marked a P26A when it was new. Now that the spring’s loosened up I haven’t noticed any more damage, but that was a big part of my problem at first too. A ribbon actually did help there because it felt really stuck, but if I’d realized at the time that it was mostly the spring I would have applied more horizontal force.

Good luck whenever you try it. :)

Edit: Fixed typo.

Ah I see. Yeah so I already bent my spring a little, perhaps with the Sony I can't recall, it happened because I make sure to press the battery in before I remove so that way I can protect the positive end from any tears so it doesn't snag and is a clean removal... I remember I did try the P26A I have, and it did seem like it could be okay, but felt just a little too snug for my peace of mind. I figure I will try again once I get more P26A batteries at some point! For now I'm all set

someTooL

As of 8:48pm last night, I too will now play the waiting game. Consider it more a early summer surprise mailing. Of all my past year purchases, the FW7 has me most excited to play with.

someTooL,
Reactions: west-elec

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Nice, my man! Yeah OGB now sells versions of our designs as 14 mm in his store standard (@BrianTL was supposed to tell me the diameter of the stems however, because mine were 12 mm but yours were 15 mm tubes...) However most of my stuff is still 18 mm, so I am typically using reducer adapter or rather I use a 14 male to 18 male to run my FW7 through my 18 female glass...

14mm joint but I believe 15mm tubing... I was pretty stoned and had to settle for a measuring tape as opposed to a caliper but I was looking at about 5/8" which comes out to 15.xx mm. 5/8 wouldnt be precise but close enough to say its 15mm.

I think tonight I'm gonna run the FW thru the OGB stems and see how she does. Will update

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Link to the site? Thanks!

Give this a whack

I think a few guys have been using the BB9 stems and shit like that too

Shit Snacks

Is it true we can use a DynaVap as a stem option? Lol

you want to get one that does not have the carb hole though, or find a way to cover the carb hole, for use in the FW7... Also the various sizes are a factor, several good options have been listed in this thread if you skim back though, the one that comes with the FW7 is the xl hula from sneaky pete and it actually works extremely well!

DryBonesufo

So I’ve notice that we are able to see the chip, the heart of the FW7. Seems very tiny... since this device is mainly wood, would this get through a metal detector? 🧐🧐😅

west-elec

So I’ve notice that we are able to see the chip, the heart of the FW7. Seems very tiny... since this device is mainly wood, would this get through a metal detector? 🧐🧐😅
There will only be the battery terminals, some copper in wiring and whatever is in the pcb. Sensitive metal detectors can pick up the tiny amounts in a SIM card so probably no wouldn't get through at an airport. Obviously batteries will set them ringing.

DryBonesufo

What makes the FW7 better for you? I just got mine recently and was looking at the TM
I’m just not into the stirring or the quick extraction. Yes the potency is there BUT again I’m looking more of a portable vape. I can’t really walk down Chicago streets stirring lol.
the FW7 is like having a mini Mighty in my hand. On demand hybrid.. that can stretch a .15 IF needed into three sessions for me.
My sessions consist of three hits then put it down. So 9 hits off of .15 is great. Plus they are thick vapor with strong effects. I mean you can get thick ass vapor at 350 degrees, amazing.
I literally pack the FW7 and I’ll be good for 2 hours just hitting it every now and then. For my lifestyle, FW7 is fantastic.

Top Bottom