• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firewood Vaporizer

west-elec

So where can i get a wpa for the firewood 7??
Yeah dynavap stems fit so any DV stem with 14mm joint and no carb is what you want. 75mm is a good length ime, slightly longer than standard.
Obviously the wooden WPA from the site is the best, when he gets stock you will want one. It sits so nice and you don't need the short glass stem connector, which gets more fiddly when you mount her vertical on a piece because the weight will want to retract the stem. Wooden WPA is the better setup all round and the best way to use the 7 us to really let her rip on a j hook or small dry rig.
@firewood I like that you (appear to) have changed the site so late orders can get on a later build date. It hurt to hear all the people who were missing out on your little piece of joy. Cheers again from all who appreciate what you do.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
do you guys know If i can sideline the problem, that firewood doesnt ship to Europe by ordering it to american relatives and have them in turn ship it to europe? did i overlook anything in general here?

Nope, all good, that is the best way to go!

@Ernielicous Yeah the WPA from firewood is awesome, easier to keep clean as it is a straight shot down, without the ceramic right angle bend that helps add cooling for stock stems... You will also need to grab a 14 mm male to male adapter, which can be had cheap most anywhere like ebay, if you want to use it with a female glass piece... If you want to use it with a 14 mm male piece then the firewood WPA will be all you need then!

Last edited:

west-elec

Someone posted pages ago trying to start a discussion on usage techniques for the 7. Apologies I never replied. The reason I never did was probably same reason the discussion died, it works pretty much any way. I wanted to see what my technique turned out to be, but every time I seem to do something different and get a good experience no matter what I do. Even when I do wierd unusual short puffs and crazy huge suck your guts out things I still get good results. Normally start hitting before the buzz but often wait til after.
Different setups all had different techniques, native hits a bit shorter a bit more puffs, WPA a lot longer a lot more convection. The experience is quite different every time and is part of the pleasure of using the device.
Number of hits per bowl will be very dependant on how you want to use it. One day I only had a single bowl on me, but a full battery. So i rode that sucker for everything it was worth. Dozens of short cycles back to back and it was tasty for longer than I expected and was giving a good lungful each time. But if you use the WPA and really rip it you can clear it quick.
My best advise for new users- Don't be afraid to draw faster than you think you should. Once hot you can't easily overwhelm the heater especially the back half of a long draw and that's where the biggest hits are to be found. You can also start pulling as soon as you hit the button, from second draw once she is warm, just keep it slow until the warm up buzz. Which is crazy for a conduction hybrid vape to be able to get to temp while you are hitting it, in like 10 seconds and to be able to pull that hard once up to temp. The Crafty heater never gets to temp if you dare hit it early and watch that temp fall when you give it a rip.
Marc has proven conduction/convection hybrid is superior to convection/conduction hybrid.

Vaporware

@west-elec That was me, and I think you’re right that you can try it many different ways and most of them will work fine!

Part of my post was to find out how many different ways other people were using it. I’m pretty used to a long slow draw and I don’t have the tolerance to quickly try a lot of them myself so most of the time I stick to what I know. :lol:

Thanks for posting so many different methods you’ve experimented with though, I’ll try the ones I haven’t tried yet. :)

ezpz

I wrote my technique in the poem I wrote on Valentine's. I still use the same ritual. Preset temp 2, start a slow inhale about 5 seconds after warm up buzz, and blow massive, but still tasty clouds. About 2 good hits and 1 wispy one on a half packed bowl.
Anyone else using their fw7 in "manual mode"? Press the button 5 times and hold it on the last press - unleash the unregulated beast 💨
So I had to try this. And like an idiot, I sat there waiting for the warm up buzz. Very huge cloud. Cleaned out my bowl in one hit. Avb puck was heavily charred on the walls but no combustion. Very useful if your in a rush.

west-elec

@Vaporware This really is a device that gives options. Some of my different setups;

Native.
OG gives out hot air like a plasma cutter if you try to do long hard draws, only way is short hits, conduction all the way, not bad but more like a pax than a TM.
Didn't like the mouth feel of the wood on the second iteration so never used that one.
Cooling tube is great for out and about, I like to interrupt the draws every few seconds by opening my lips but continuing to inhale, just for a flash, so lungs gets a cool hit and bowl get brief pause to boost heat and stem doesn't build up too much heat. Careful because it gets denser with each puff pause.
https://ibb.co/0VR7Krv

WPA
My favourite is the 45 degree adaptor with a dry glass hammer pipe (i never use water). Best angle to hold without having to cock my elbow. Ample cooling for the biggest hits, so start after the buzz and rip her hard.
Alternate WPA with a DV stem. Easy option if you don't have the wooden one, sometimes vertical is more comfortable. I can hold pipe and vape in one hand with thumb on the button.
Classic j hook can't go wrong, spin in any direction.
https://ibb.co/nrY5Q6R

Rough and ready.
For rugged portability the silicone whip means no glass. Also good cooling from just 6 or 8 inches of whip. When I am in a car the vape can sit in lap with whip to mouth. Before I mastered the pause during draw with cooling tube it was too hot for me so the whip was my go to for a traveller.
TM long dimpled stem. Basket screen fits neatly over the end of the FW cooling tube, need to balance stem on top. Nice mouth feel and really smooth hits going through 2 cooling stems. Bit fiddly.
Mini bubbler. Tight draw means long draws are hard, but it does work ok. Gotta run on level 1 or it gets too hot in the bowl, scared I would combust. Bugger to clean so not a regular.
https://ibb.co/ftJkxJL

So many options, so little tolerance. Sorry for long post.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@Vaporware This really is a device that gives options. Some of my different setups;

Native.
OG gives out hot air like a plasma cutter if you try to do long hard draws, only way is short hits, conduction all the way, not bad but more like a pax than a TM.
Didn't like the mouth feel of the wood on the second iteration so never used that one.
Cooling tube is great for out and about, I like to interrupt the draws every few seconds by opening my lips but continuing to inhale, just for a flash, so lungs gets a cool hit and bowl get brief pause to boost heat and stem doesn't build up too much heat. Careful because it gets denser with each puff pause.
https://ibb.co/0VR7Krv

WPA
My favourite is the 45 degree adaptor with a dry glass hammer pipe (i never use water). Best angle to hold without having to cock my elbow. Ample cooling for the biggest hits, so start after the buzz and rip her hard.
Alternate WPA with a DV stem. Easy option if you don't have the wooden one, sometimes vertical is more comfortable. I can hold pipe and vape in one hand with thumb on the button.
Classic j hook can't go wrong, spin in any direction.
https://ibb.co/nrY5Q6R

Rough and ready.
For rugged portability the silicone whip means no glass. Also good cooling from just 6 or 8 inches of whip. When I am in a car the vape can sit in lap with whip to mouth. Before I mastered the pause during draw with cooling tube it was too hot for me so the whip was my go to for a traveller.
TM long dimpled stem. Basket screen fits neatly over the end of the FW cooling tube, need to balance stem on top. Nice mouth feel and really smooth hits going through 2 cooling stems. Bit fiddly.
Mini bubbler. Tight draw means long draws are hard, but it does work ok. Gotta run on level 1 or it gets too hot in the bowl, scared I would combust. Bugger to clean so not a regular.
https://ibb.co/ftJkxJL

So many options, so little tolerance. Sorry for long post.
This was useful info for me. I wrote to get on the FW7 list and was a bit apprehensive about the short stem design since I use all my convection portables with fancy cooling stems and j-hooks. The angle and button placement doesn't seem as ergonomic as my Tinymight in any of your setups but it's the hit that counts

Shit Snacks

This was useful info for me. I wrote to get on the FW7 list and was a bit apprehensive about the short stem design since I use all my convection portables with fancy cooling stems and j-hooks. The angle and button placement doesn't seem as ergonomic as my Tinymight in any of your setups but it's the hit that counts

There's nothing to worry about the short stem design, I take long slow draws and quick rips, it doesn't matter, the right angle bend in the ceramic does a lot of cooling and then you have the glass cooling stem. You can also get longer glass stems to use with it, but I think the one that comes with is actually pretty great... Also do yourself a favor, and get the WPA with it, then you can use a 14 mm male to 18 mm male adapter to use all your various j-hooks as well!

Yes it is not the most ergonomic for me either, but then again neither is the TM, sacrifices for their performance etc!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

When I ordered mine I just had Marc pull the OG stem out and send mine with the cooling setup, the green hula, installed. I'm a big fan of the green cooling stem personally. It does a great job

I also got the WPA, and recently acquired the right adapter to run it through my J hooks, just looking for the right time to break out that combo lol

Shit Snacks

When I ordered mine I just had Marc pull the OG stem out and send mine with the cooling setup, the green hula, installed. I'm a big fan of the green cooling stem personally. It does a great job

I also got the WPA, and recently acquired the right adapter to run it through my J hooks, just looking for the right time to break out that combo lol

The green (and/or clear too maybe) cooling stem is now the stock stem btw (does not come with that plain little stem anymore)

ezpz

Great post @west-elec. I'm sure all the soon to be Fw7 owners will find this info very helpful.

The angle and button placement doesn't seem as ergonomic as my Tinymight in any of your setups but it's the hit that counts

I mainly use this setup. One handed operation with my thumb pressing the button. Same feel as native setup, with the mouthpiece of the j hook sticking out where the green hula stem would be, just longer.
The Keck clip is tight enough so the j hook doesn't swivel when in use.

Shit Snacks

Great post @west-elec. I'm sure all the soon to be Fw7 owners will find this info very helpful.

I mainly use this setup. One handed operation with my thumb pressing the button. Same feel as native setup, with the mouthpiece of the j hook sticking out where the green hula stem would be, just longer.
The Keck clip is tight enough so the j hook doesn't swivel when in use.

Yeah I actually prefer to turn it the opposite way, having the button be further away, when using with jayhooks, a bit more comfortable for me personally... I do like the versatility, because really I hold it in such a variety of different ways, sometimes even hit to hit!

Tyeron

Where are y’all getting your batteries and how many do you carry for a daily regular carry?

Tyeron,

Shit Snacks

So, I’m trying to find a protected 20 amp discharge like is recommended but I’m not seeming to find that. Am I not understanding what Marc is saying for the specs?

I think you're misunderstanding, you don't want a protected cell here, flat top only...

It's been discussed so many times here, if you just skim through back a few pages, we specifically discussed which batteries are best for the FW7! (performance and fit)

:D (like SonyMurata VTC6 or 5/A ideally)

Top Bottom