Firewood Vaporizer

Vaporware

@shatter-reality Remember that the BB9 has a hole in it, so unless you want that extra air mixed in you’ll want to cover the air port when you use it as a WPA.

@Jacer There was a Black Friday sale, but looking back through the thread I didn’t see many sales. There might be one for 4/20 or something, but there’s been a new model every year or so I believe, so by next Black Friday it probably won’t be available anymore.

Unless it’s already close to that *possible* sale when you have the money available, I’d just buy when you’re ready. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
just bought one from the site but it looks like the cooling stems are sold out... anyone have any recs on alternatives?

Read back the last few pages, there are many options with all the DynaVap stems available, but the ones on the site seem to be SneakyPete's own Hula stems actually, so you can get the exact ones from him too!

playonword

Read back the last few pages, there are many options with all the DynaVap stems available, but the ones on the site seem to be SneakyPete's own Hula stems actually, so you can get the exact ones from him too!
oh sweet! just checked the site and i think i may have snagged the last fw7 in stock. i'm coming from a dynavap so i may just get a bb9, but i've heard they crack pretty easily. any cheaper metal mouth pieces that won't crack on a drop that you recommend?

also, realized i need to get some batteries. how many would you recommend picking up at one time to avoid extra shipping charges?

Shit Snacks

oh sweet! just checked the site and i think i may have snagged the last fw7 in stock. i'm coming from a dynavap so i may just get a bb9, but i've heard they crack pretty easily. any cheaper metal mouth pieces that won't crack on a drop that you recommend?

Nice, as someone said the BB9 has a carb hole which would be annoying for use on the FW7 I think... The hula stems are very thick glass, might be able to take a drop, but you could also order a few (in different colors and lengths even) look up dynavap stems and their lengths, there are so many available, they definitely come in metal?

also, realized i need to get some batteries. how many would you recommend picking up at one time to avoid extra shipping charges?

I recommend 18650 battery store .com where I was able to get very reasonably priced on sale at Black Friday. Go with LG HG2 or HE4 and Sony Murata VTC6 or VTC5 for best fit in my experience... Depending on your usage, might as well get four, and a four bay digital charger too!

shatter-reality

@VaporWare Yeah! I’ll find a silicone band that will fit or some kind of stopper. I want one of those just for using on my water pieces as I truly absolutely fucking love this thing. If he ever came up with a plug-in power adapter like the MFLB I would snap it up in a second.

I’ll pick up one of those MistVape beaded cooling stems next Spring after life settles a little bit as well. Honestly when I saw those I had been hoping the FW would start offering custom stem options just for that because it looks so sweet. I just showed the FW7 to my best friend and he’s going to get one the second money settles for him. Truly such an awesome device.

Oh I also forgot to add in. I posted this on Reddit a few days ago about people asking about batteries. There’s someone on Reddit named Mooch(Mooch315) who does a lot of extensive testing of 18650 batteries in the Reddit ECR community if you’re ever interested in what batteries perform what way. https://www.illumn.com/ and https://liionwholesale.com/ are also the sites I use to get all my cells for nicotine vapes/18650 flashlights. If you search “18650 battery wrap”/“insulator” you’ll find all different kinds on Amazon. FastTech/DHGate/AliExpress/ChineseVendorOfYourChoice also gets you a lot of options there if you don’t mind waiting. And lastly http://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex UK.html — this guy right here provides insane information about chargers for those who are interested in getting the best bang from their buck. It wouldn’t surprise me if you could get 9-10 bowls before the battery hits too low of voltage on a brand new Sony VTC5A.

Last edited:

PossumMD

Cannot recommend mooch enough. Trustworthy, constantly updating and retesting cells (sometimes a company will start making inferior cells to cut costs etc), easily understood by the layman. He's tops.

And I doubt you'll get that much out of a vtc5. If anything, you'd get less. Those bowls will be "stronger" though, as in, there'll be less sag on the last bowl. I usually change the battery at two buzzes cos if it's only got one buzz, I find it takes three times as long to vape a bowl half as well as with a fresh cell.

rvarick

I (finally!) received my Mistvape 50mm beaded stem yesterday (man, USPS is struggling right now). Trying it out with my FW7, it works but it’s a just a tiny bit too short per my assessment. I was able to use it but there were a couple downsides.

The total length of it with the mouthpiece on is about the same as the dimpled stem Firewood offers. With the dimpled stem you don’t need to extend it much to get a good seal on the end (since it’s just a tube). To use the mouthpiece naturally on the mistvape stem though, it needs to be extended farther than the dimpled stem does. I kept accidentally pulling the stem out too far and breaking the seal at the o-ring. There was also some rattle when pushed down because the wood mouthpiece doesn’t fit against the felt pieces like the stem does.

On the plus side, the cooling and the wood mouthpiece feel awesome using with the FW7 and I was getting great hits! I think the mouthpiece and beads help to slightly restrict the draw, which helps. I’m thinking the 75mm one may work better. I went ahead and ordered just the glass stem part from mistvape to try it. With the mouthpiece on it won’t fit all the way into the unit but the cooling and the wood mouthpiece will still be there of course.

Last edited:

TheManWithSomeGoals

Weird question does anyone have an IQ2 dosing capusel, and a FW7?

Do the two fit together, I assume the iq 2 capsule is too big, but they may work together because they're both made of ceramic.

TheManWithSomeGoals,

johnnyCanuck

I have troubles setting the Transferwise account for international buyers. I sent an email to firewood but that maybe an international buyer here could DM me in order to help me a little bit ?
Same here, I have no idea what I'm doing... any help would be appreciated. :)

Shit Snacks

Weird question does anyone have an IQ2 dosing capusel, and a FW7?

Do the two fit together, I assume the iq 2 capsule is too big, but they may work together because they're both made of ceramic.

I highly doubt they will fit and I would be shocked if they did not harm performance...

Shit Snacks,

PossumMD

Same here, I have no idea what I'm doing... any help would be appreciated. :)
Send him an email, I had issues when I tried to buy mine initially, I emailed him and he changed something and it went through fine. Didn't even have to use transferwise. When I ordered the new cooling mouthpiece thingy, it went through no hassles, I'm assuming cos I'd ordered from there before.

johnnyCanuck

Send him an email, I had issues when I tried to buy mine initially, I emailed him and he changed something and it went through fine. Didn't even have to use transferwise. When I ordered the new cooling mouthpiece thingy, it went through no hassles, I'm assuming cos I'd ordered from there before.
Thanks. shot off an email earlier this afternoon but haven't heard back yet. Thought that if it was an easy fix, someone here may know.
Have no clue as to what info is needed, and where to insert said info for the transfer to happen... I feel really stupid about it.

Shogun.

「Stand User」
Sad day, the lid of my 7 broke today.

It's been getting harder to slide off lately, even after wiping with iso it starts to get stuck again fast with resin build-up (at least with how often I use it)

As I pulled it off it shot off unexpectedly and the ceramic piece chipped and broke off the lid along with the spring :(

Hopefully I can get a new lid soon and get back in action as this has easily become my most used vape currently, there's just no listing for one available on the site yet

Shit Snacks

Sad day, the lid of my 7 broke today.

It's been getting harder to slide off lately, even after wiping with iso it starts to get stuck again fast with resin build-up (at least with how often I use it)

As I pulled it off it shot off unexpectedly and the ceramic piece chipped and broke off the lid along with the spring :(

Hopefully I can get a new lid soon and get back in action as this has easily become my most used vape currently, there's just no listing for one available on the site yet

When I remove mine, I always start by using a fingertip, usually thumb edge with nail, to slowly push from the other small end... I also always do this hot right after finishing a bowl to empty it... Also it may help to keep it clean longer, if you make sure to always clear your hits fully without letting residual vapor build up over there (perhaps keep it upright too?)

florduh

I don't do anything special when opening the battery door. It feels pretty solid and slick to me. I tend to open it when warm, though that's because I'm always excited to see the perfectly even cooked AVB.

playonword

hey guys- i ordered the unfinished version but have heard that this may cause some issues w/ sliding and lubrication (lack thereof). anyone have the unfinished version and is content?

playonword,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

hey guys- i ordered the unfinished version but have heard that this may cause some issues w/ sliding and lubrication (lack thereof). anyone have the unfinished version and is content?

I do. It's smooth and beautiful. I'll probably coat it with some beeswax soon, mostly for protection. I have zero issues with my battery drawer. I think it's quite slick.

florduh,
Reactions: dimmusp

Vaporware

I’m not sure even the finished version is finished on the inside, is it?

On my unfinished unit the mouthpiece section is a little hard to slide, but the battery cover hasn’t been a problem. Shit Snacks got an unfinished one and still bought the second unfinished months later. I don’t remember hearing any complaints about the unfinished version and it’s been good for me, so I wouldn’t/didn’t worry about it. For now at least I plan to leave mine as it is.

Shit Snacks

I’m not sure even the finished version is finished on the inside, is it?

On my unfinished unit the mouthpiece section is a little hard to slide, but the battery cover hasn’t been a problem. Shit Snacks got an unfinished one and still bought the second unfinished months later. I don’t remember hearing any complaints about the unfinished version and it’s been good for me, so I wouldn’t/didn’t worry about it. For now at least I plan to leave mine as it is.

My original unfinished beta unit was only rough sanded, but my new second unit received recently unfinished is actually fine sanded... Very smooth, I see no need for oils or waxes at all personally! Can always do that later yourself if you want to though

Top Bottom